With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Blood on the Sand [Training, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 5:09 AM

ImageImage

Here he was again. He found himself back in the same place he’d begun. Surrounded by endless sand and heat. This was not a place he wished to be. Yet, something had drawn him here, summoned him from the cathedral when his time had run short. So here he was, alive and yet not, and searching for whatever had called to his spirit.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Blood on the Sand [Training, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 5:09 AM

There was a life force here. He could feel it, but it was very faint. Something about it was off, as though it had been broken or tainted by a negative force. His curiosity was aroused by this strange being, and so, he struck out to find it. It was not far off.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 5:10 AM

When he reached his destination, he was surprised to find a beast of massive proportions. It lay on it’s side, it’s massive flanks heaving with each labored breath. He was surprised to see that there was blood staining it’s tough hide, and he vaguely wondered what could’ve brought such a beast to it’s knees. Surely if there was something so powerful out there, he did not stand a chance against it. The beast was currently no threat to him, so he moved in closer.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

It’s eyes were closed, and as he looked closer, he noticed that there was not two, but nearly ten eyes. Each of them were closed, but on his approach, two of the smaller ones on it’s head swiveled open and focused on him. The beast’s gaze was green, and bright, despite it’s haggard and blood appearance. It made no move to strike at him, so he ventured slightly closer. It’s breath roared in it’s body, and he wondered at the state it was in.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“I am curious, creature,” he said quietly as he approached. “What did this to you?” there was, predictably, no answer. But the beast’s eyes opened fully, and he saw that even the eyes on it’s great horn were green. What a strange creature this was. He had never seen anything like it. “Can you speak? Or are you another of those who do not know the speech of humans?”
[5/5, level up x2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 5:30 AM

“I can speak well enough.” The voice that issued from the creature’s giant, gaping jaws was, surpassingly, female. It was deep and throaty, but there was no mistaking the beast’s gender. Max bite down on his surprise, curiously inching closer as the beast drew in another labored breath. “And what business do you have with me, tiny creature? I have never seen one of your kind before.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“I do not have any business with you, I’m afraid.” Max shook his head slowly. “It was your life force that drew me here. Your distress summoned me. And I must say, it is a rather large amount of distress.” He eyed her carefully. “What did this to you?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

The great creature managed to roll onto her stomach. With a massive upheaval of sand, she tucked her large legs beneath her, wheezing laboriously. “Another of my kind, trying to prove his worth. A creature not worth my time. I was not prepared for his ambush.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 5:31 AM

“How could such a giant ambush you?” he asked, looking comically surprised. “I find that hard to believe.” The great beast chuckled quietly, though to him, it was more of a roar and a rumble of laughter. “You would think, wouldn’t you?” She let out a heavy breath, her head collapsing against the sand from the weight of her horn and the effort of holding it up.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 5:32 AM

“He is the same color as the sand.” At his incredulous look, she pulled back her teeth in a grimace of a smile. “Yes, he is. My kind are different from others. Often, we take on the characteristics of our territories. He lives here in the desert, and his skin was able to absorb the color. I imagine it’s also absorbed the color my blood as well. He will be easier to spot the next time.”
[5/10, level up x2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:34 PM

“It would be a chore to guess what region you are from,” the Mekka commented wryly. He observed her strange tribal markings, and the pure white of her toughened hide where the markings weren’t present. The beast gave another rumbling chuckle. She closed her eyes, looking faintly tired, before she hefted herself to her feet. The Mekka had to stand back, lest he be covered in a wave of sand.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:35 PM

“Yes, I suppose it would. I am from a land that is both snow and earth. Never is there only snow, and never is there only earth. There is both. Hence, my odd coloring.” Max looked her over curiously. “And the pink coloration? What is that from?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Ah. Well, that was a coloring of my own choice, I suppose. I think it suits me rather well, don’t you?” The Mekka laughed lightly, appearing to waver in form as his body appeared to glow in and out of sight. The Luxard observed him with keen interest. “And you? What exactly are you?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“A valid question, friend. I am a Mekkayena, although not the most conventional one. I suppose you can simply call me a spirit.” The Luxard looked as surprised as it’s reptilian-like face could manage. “A ghost? Truly?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:38 PM

“I have never heard of a spirit able to travel at will. And you say I summoned you? Would you mind explaining such a feat?” She looked perplexed, blinking all ten eyes rapidly. “I was not aware I was capable of something like that. You aren’t here to take me away to the underworld or something, are you?”
[5/15, level up x2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next