With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Blood on the Sand [Training, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:41 PM

“The…underworld? Is that a fancy word for hell? No, no. I’m not that kind of spirit. Now that you mention it, I suppose I don’t actually have a purpose. But yes. You summoned me here. I am not allowed to linger in one place for too long, but the outpouring of a mass of emotions can often summon me away from my place of current rest or existence.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:43 PM

“Interesting,” the Luxard rumbled. “The outpouring of emotion you must’ve felt from me most likely occurred during the battle with the other of my kind. I was fairly angry to be attacked without provocation. It isn’t often that our kind fight, but when we do…” She surveyed the landscape with annoyance. “It is often very deadly.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:47 PM

“And as you can see, I’m not exactly one hundred percent either.” She twisted her head as best she could to see the cuts and bruises along her tough flanks. It was no small feat to gain such injuries when one had a body like steel. “That must’ve been some fight,” the Mekka commented. He felt a wave of sympathy for the beast. She hadn’t anticipated being beaten on by one of her kind.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:48 PM

“Yes. Indeed it was. It was good that we were here, in the desert, and not anywhere near a town.” She began walking, her steps sinking in the sand and making the ground beneath them give way. She walked without a limp, and the Mekka could already see she appeared to be a bit better than before. “Do you, by chance, have some sort of healing ability?” he asked carefully.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 10:48 PM

“Good eye, canine. I do indeed. If not for such abilities, I might’ve been dead by now. Speaking of such things…What is your name? You never told me. I am called ‘Snowflake.’” At the Mekka’s smile, she scoffed. “Don’t laugh. It is a perfectly legitimate name. Perhaps not fitting for such a large beast as myself, but still…”
[5/20, level up x 2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 12:29 AM

“I am called Max,” the Mekka replied. “It is a simple name, but one given to me by my master at the time of my birth.” He smiled faintly. “And that time was very, very long ago. It seems as though it was ages now. I am very old…and very weary.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 12:29 AM

“That was something I was aware of,” the Luxard replied, looking down at him as he walked along beside her. “You have an air of age about you. Even a blind man could see that you were a creature of eternity.” The Mekka looked surprised at her words. “Truly?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 12:30 AM

“Truly,” Snowflake confirmed. “I am a creature of immense age as well. I have lived through many centuries of life, watching civilizations crumble and be rebuilt, war, disease and famine rip through the world. I have seen things that would make most creatures stomachs turn. And I feel that you too, have seen many of these things. In this, we too are alike.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 12:31 AM

“Yes,” Max agreed. “I have seen my share of suffering. But many of my memories have been eroded and destroyed. I have lived for too long, and I fear I am beginning to ‘break down’ as it were. Perhaps you, as a creature of centuries, have experienced this.” The Luxard shook her massive head. “I cannot say that I have. I have forgotten many things, but my memories remain intact, for the most part.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 12:31 AM

“I see,” Max said quietly. “So then, you could not help me understand what is happening then.” The Luxard considered his words carefully. “I wouldn’t say that,” she admitted. “I have been around for ages, and because of this, I know of many, humans, spirits and animals alike, that are well versed in  the art of healing body, mind and spirit. They know ancient magic, things that I myself don’t particularly understand or care to know. But perhaps they could help you.”
[5/25, level up x2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous