With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/28/2012 7:46 PM

[ 1 || 4 ]

Completely oblivious to what was going on outside of his body, Obito was held within the darkness. But, in this darkness, his mind was triggered by a strange feeling... He was floating. His body felt weightless, and Obito was floating. At least, that's what his mind told him. His mind could sense the movement, but could not make sense why. Sleep was too comfortable right now. Even if he were in dire need to be awake, Obito could not do so. His mind and body were spent.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/28/2012 7:55 PM

[ 3 || 13 ]

The Paragon made his way across the desert, traversing with the best knowledge of its terrain. The extra luggage on his back hung limply, like a carcass. Eitai wasn't entirely sure what he was going to do with the stranger, but he simply could not just leave him, despite that part of him didn't want to have responsibility of this stranger. But, either way, he was in now. No use trying to get out.

Eitai arrived to his sandy cave shortly before dusk. Being a traveler of sorts, Eitai did not spend many nights in a row here. Often, he would traverse his lands, learning more and more about it, for days on end, returning here after a successful journey. Eitai wasn't sure yet if he could call this journey a success or not.
Snorting, the beast grabbed the creature by the tail in his jaws, lifting him off his back and setting him on the sandy floor. "Hrm..." Eitai grumbled to himself as he shuffled away from the creature to the other end of the cave, settling down in a shallow pit in the sand. It was the perfect size for him; his makeshift bed.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/30/2012 5:39 PM

[ 2 || 5 ]

Obito's body remained lifeless, his mind drifting aimlessly through the darkness. The feeling of hollowness was unending in this world of darkness. All he wanted was to let go, and be ridden of this world. Today, it didn't seem that was going to happen...

Slowly, Obito's mind pushed it's way out of the darkness. Consciousness began to take hold again as his body finished re-cooperating from the strain it had been dealt. Quietly, he groaned as he came too, not really wanting to come out of the deep sleep, but it was too late now. He was awake. Opening his eyes, Obito gathered the sites around him, at first very blurry, but slowly clearing up with time. He was able to see a rock roof overhead, something he hadn't recalled earlier... "Where... am I?" Obito asked to himself as he slowly managed to push himself up. The wockee managed a cough, his mouth and throat parched.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/30/2012 5:47 PM

[ 3 || 14 ]

The Sandshark felt the vibrations of the brute stirring, and he knew that the creature would soon be up. If Eitai had had eyes, he would have rolled them in annoyance. He didn't know why he got himself into these sort of things. "Where... am I?" Tilting his head, Eitai wondered if he had already been spotted, but it didn't appear that the brute had moved enough to have seen him. Eitai always had trouble telling when someone was directing a question to him - that is, if anyone ever even talked to him. With a grunt, Eitai replied sharply, "You're in my home, that's where you are." Eitai did not move from his spot, "watching" the wockee carefully with his sensors.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/30/2012 6:09 PM

[ 2 || 6 ]

The wockee swayed slightly as he propped himself up on his forearms, trying to regain his bearings. He hadn't expected anyone to answer his question, but one came... "You're in my home, that's where you are." Obito nearly jumped, startled by the voice, and he spun his head to face it, falling onto a Paragon within the cave with him. The wockee froze, trying to find the eyes of the beast... but failed to find any. He struggled to find words, feeling a wave of confusion flood over him. But, then, his mind was triggered to the memory just before he fell out into unconsciousness. This was the same creature whom he'd walked up on out in the middle of the desert... So, was he friend, or foe? Slowly, Obito started to work himself to standing, his eyes never leaving the beast, still trying to figure out how the beast even knew he was there. "Um... I'm sorry... if I'm trespassing. I... I just seem to have... lost my way," the wockee choked out, still struggling to speak due to his dry mouth.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/11/2012 8:51 PM

[ 4 || 15 ]

Remaining silent, Eitai never moved as he waited for a response. He could sense the wockee did not move either, though it didn't appear to be because of fear. If it were fear, the creatures' heart rate would be far more rapid than it was. Silently, he waited, seeing with his specialized abilities. Finally, there was a response. "Um... I'm sorry... if I'm trespassing. I... I just seem to have... lost my way." Eitai remained motionless, but he had heard every word. He could tell that the creature was starved for water, probably food as well. Despite the fact that he preferred to be alone, Eitai knew that there was no way the wockee could stay alone. He had no choice... Clearing his throat, the beast spoke. "I would say so," the beast began, without giving hint to the fact that Eitai had brought him here. "Here," Eitai reached for a nearby cacti, plucking it with gentle ease, ignoring the thorns, and skillfully tossed it towards the creature. "Pluck off the spikes in an area, and suck on that. The liquid within will hold you over until tomorrow."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/13/2012 6:24 PM

[ 2 || 7 ]

The young wockee couldn't help but feel a shutter of fear down his spine as he looked at the beast. He'd never seen anyone like him before, and the whole eyeless thing just freaked him out. How did he know he was here? It just didn't make any sense. "I would say so." Obito stayed still, staring intently confused at the beast. He didn't quite know how to react, but before he could say anything, the beast continued. "Here." Obito watched as the beast reached over with his jaws, plucked a flat cacti and tossed it over towards him. Instinct caused him to jump backwards away from the cacti, fearful that it was actually thrown at him, but it landed a foot or so away from where he'd been standing. Looking confused up to the beast, his questions were soon answered. "Pluck off the spikes in an area, and suck on that. The liquid within will hold you over until tomorrow." Obito stared blankly at the cactus, weighing whether or not he should. He glanced back to the beast, trying to hid his eyes, though he didn't know why... The creature had no eyes of his own. Still standing where he'd jumped to, Obito made no move for the cactus. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke nervously up. "Um... Are you... serious..? Suck on it?" He looked up to the beast as if this was some big joke.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 08/30/2012 10:30 PM

[ 4 || 16 ]

Cactus juice wasn't the best way to get hydrated. Naturally, straight water was the best. But, a little cactus juice helped when the periods of rain and water were few and far between. Eitai could feel the hesitation of the creature. It was obvious that Obito was confused about the task he'd been given. Eitai felt annoyance. But, if the stranger didn't want to do so, Eitai certainly wasn't going to make him, or urge him. It didn't matter to him after all. "Um... Are you... serious..? Suck on it?" The beast 'looked' over to the stranger, his menacing looking features falling over Obito. Eitai's annoyance was only heightened. With a snort, he answered, "That's what I said, isn't it?" Clearly irritated, he grunted, tossing his head away from the stranger. "You don't have to," Eitai continued, lowering his head to the soft, sandy floor, loving it's texture against his hide. "I just tho't you might like to get rid of that dry mouth for the night. It'll be a full day before you'll see anything else to drink." Eitai left that as a warning, giving the stranger the option to take it, or leave it, as he wanted.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 09/02/2012 3:27 PM

[ 2 || 8 ]

The wockee felt a shiver run down his spine as the mighty beast turned his sightless head towards him. Obito couldn't help trying to search for eyes, hoping for something that he could lock on to. But, there was nothing there. No eyes, anywhere. Obito couldn't help but feel a wave of nausea hit him, feeling as though he was going to be sick. It was just too strange. He had never seen a creature like this before. Sure, Obito wore a mask and headphones all the time, but... this creature had no eyes! It was all too strange. If that wasn't bad enough, his gruff voice was enough to cause Obito to shrink back a little. He was glad when the beast finally 'looked' away from him, resting his head on the sand. After the beasts warning, Obito almost gladly looked back to the piece of cactus. At least it was something else to focus on that the strange beast. "Thanks," he murmured as he began to pluck out the cactus spines, one-by-one, with his mouth, being extra careful not to prick himself. When he'd picked off a large enough area that he felt he wouldn't stick himself, Obito bit softly into the strange tasting plant. Sucking on it, he was able to feel the sweet relief of a cool liquid on his tongue. It definitely wasn't water - it had a plant-like taste to it, but it was wet, and it satisfied his dry mouth for the time being. Almost pleased, Obito smirked after he'd sucked the cactus dry. "Heh, it's not that bad," he said, almost to himself. He wasn't sure if the beast was even still awake. Obito glanced over to the creature out of habit of looking for eyes, but there was no way for him to easily tell if the creature was asleep or not.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 09/02/2012 3:57 PM

[ 4 || 17 ]

For a moment, it appeared that Eitai had some silence in which he could rest. Because of his sightlessness, his other senses were more highly tuned, namely his sense of touch and hearing. He twitched a bit at the 'thanks' he received, but only grunted in response. It was just another annoying quip from the stranger. Eitai was starting to question why he had even brought the creature back. He could have just left him there to die, and be over with this. But, Eitai knew the feeling of being abandoned in the harsh desert. The beast growled to himself, a knot forming in the pit of his stomach as painful memories tried to force their way back on him. Eitai forced them away from him, wanting nothing more than to forget them.
It was almost saving grace when Obito spoke up again. The brute snorted, hiding the fact that he was glad the stranger had given him something else to think about. "It'll keep you satisfied, but water will be best. There's an oasis not far from here. We can make it there tomorrow." After a pause, he continued, having not moved from his position, "If you survive that long, Obito." Eitai still didn't know if that was his name, but it was all he had to go by for the moment.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous