With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

One by one they come...

Postby jazzylily » 12/11/2007 1:10 AM

ImageImage

Anubus<-->Lestat

"They come as marching firgures, to come destroy the lands. They follow in a uniform line, hidden in the sands. And if you listen quietly you hear their marching feet. One by one they come and one by one we flee."
"Desolate place." Anubus hissed to his brother.
"Were you expecting paradise?" Lestat snorted.
"I've always been told hot places are tropical." The gyrraptor shrugged.
"Well then aparently no ones ever been to a desert." The chaos gyrraptor snapped.
"Ha, I can believe that. What wretched creature would want to lvisit here?" The Imperial gyrraptor laughed.
"You, seeing as this was your idea."
Anubus turned and glared at his brother. "Shut up!"
<center>ImageImage</center></center>
<center>Sometimes I’m good but when I'm bad</center>
<center>I'm even better</center>
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/11/2007 1:18 AM

"Fine."Lestat said impassively. His temper was not one to talk of unimportant things.
"I don't understand why you agreed to come. All you do is stay quiet and mope around."Anubus huffed and puffed. He was much different from his brother in many ways, including his joy for small talk.
"I'm not moping, simply ignoring your pointless talk."He growled.
"Pointless? How is conversation pointless?"Anubus cried.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/11/2007 1:19 AM

"Because unless something important is being said I don't really get the point of saying anything."Lestat countered.
"Well if that's the case then you should realize you are talking pointlessly right now."Anubus said with a grin.
"Not quite. It is important that I let you know that I don't want to speak."Lestat said in his monotone voice.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/11/2007 1:19 AM

"Only if the world revolves around you."Anubus mumbled under his breath, kicking at the sand with his foot.
"Now if you don't mind I would like to walk in silence."Lestat sighed.
"Fine."Anubus hissed. "We are almost to the town anyways."The gyrraptor sighed with relief.
Quickening their paces the two brothers began to jog through the sand towards the growing figure in the distance.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/11/2007 2:10 AM

ImageImageImage

{Erh.. if this is too many to bring in, tell me. ^^; Sorry.}

Slowly, one dark muddy looking paw after another, a young Kuhna padded through the desert as if this was nothing. Indeed, for him it was simply that. The sand color Kuhna felt right at home here.
He trotted ahead of the other two behind him, a Berry Kuhna, and a Lucain. Larka, and Kacia.

As usual, this adventure started off with Larka whining and complaining. She HAD to go somewhere. Kacia, who was the leader of just about all the Kuhna's... somehow, for whatever reason, decided to go with her. She couldn't go alone. And.. no one had wanted to go.
Then what was Gaara doing here? Well, he owed his life to Kacia. Enough said. She was the only one who had befriend. Although he seemed to still be cold to her like he was everyone else, deep down, he did care for her.

"Kaciaa~" The Berry complained. "It's hot.. and i'm thirsty.."
"Larka, you wanted to come here." The Lucain scolded.
"Yeah. But I didn't think it'd be like.. THIS." She pouted. "Let's go back."
"We're too far to go back!" Kacia explained. "I'm sorry, but you'll just have to wait until we're done. Okay?" She glared.

Larka almost argued back- ALMOST. But she had ran into Gaara, who had stopped suddenly. The sand colored Kuhna turned around to glare at Larka with that deathly stare of his.
"Hehehe.. S-sorry, Gaara." She smiled nervously. He was a small little guy, but he could do alot.
"Gaara?" Kacia asked gently. "What's the matter."
The kuhna looked ahead of him, two gyrraptor's, running. It seemed almost spontanious to him as they were running parallel of where the small group was.
Kacia looked to the two, her ears pinned back gently. When she was with her friends, she always was about protecting them first. She was bigger, she had to. "Stay here." She said, running after the two brothers ahead,

"Hey!" She yelled, "Wait up!"

"...... Race ya!" Larka squeeked, running after Kacia after she had told them NOT to.
Gaara sighed, and he too ran after the Lucain. She may need a hand.. maybe.

{1/1}
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/11/2007 12:12 PM

(Three's perfectly fine ^-^ Infact I'm adding one more in later in the story)

"Do you smell that?" Lestat growled suddenly stopping.
Anubus was to busy moping about the fact his brother was a party pooper to hear what the creature had said.
"Anubus!" Lestat cried after his spacey brother as he watched him continue running.
"Huh?" The gyrraptor responded, but not before tripping over the only rock in the entire desert of Wilt'no.
Lestat's eye twitched. He found it hard sometimes to admit that he was related to Anubus.
"I said...did...you...smell...that?" Lestat sighed slowing the words down as much as he could.
"Smell what?" Anubus asked, pushing himself up off the ground and shaking the sand off. "Oh hey! Look!" The gyrraptor cried excitedly. "More creatures!"
It took all Lestat's will power not to say anything back to Anubus.
"Maybe they like to talk." Anubus said, mocking his brother. "Let's go meet them!" The creature took off in the dircetion of the approaching figures.
"Anubus! No!" Lestat criec chasing after his brother.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/12/2007 1:04 AM

The Lucain had a faint smile upon her face. One was comming towards them... surly they were harmless?
Kacia's run had slowed to a little trot. That short distance did take a toll on her; it was so hot and she too was growing a thirst. She stopped, waiting for the one Gyrraptor brother to meet the rest of the way. Which was not all too great of a distance.

Gaara, on the other hand was not convinced. He felt his heart race, and his eyes grew wide. The poor guy just didn't have faith in anyone. Any new creatures, even new to the kennels, he'd be suspicous of. He felt his claws dig into the sand, and he gave the approching creature a glare, and a low grow like hiss escaped from his throat.

"Gaara, where are your manners? EH!?" Came Larka's high pitched voice.
Kacia hissed to the two Kuhna's. "I told you to stay where you were!"
"And what?" Larka retorted, "Get eaten by a sand worm?"
"..... A... what?"
"Sand Worm."
"There is no such thing." Kacia snorted. She looked back to the one brother who was comming upon them. "Erh... Hello!" She called out. "My name is Kacia. I'd like to know... is there any place we can rest here?" She asked, for Larka's sake mostly.

{2/2}
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/12/2007 4:39 PM

A large smile spread across Anubus's face upon hearing the creatures in the distance shouting out to him.
"Hello there yourself!" He cried, quickening his pace to meet up with them. As he got closer he saw that the three creatures were actually two kuhna's and a lucain. "My names Anubus." He said as he finally arrived to the spot where they were, with Lestat not far behind.
"Your looking for somewhere you say?" Anubus cocked his head. "Your in luck actually. There's a town just over the other side of that sand dune." The gyrraptor smiled.
"Anubus!" Lestat hissed, finally catching up to his brother.
"Oh, hey!" Anubus cried, noticing his brother. "Lestat, this is Kacia and...sorry but what are your guy's names?"
Lestat turned and observed the other creatures. They looked harmless enough but he was still very much on guard.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/13/2007 6:11 PM

The female Kuhna's eyes lit up. A place to stay? Oh, how good did that sound. A nice little rest.
But she was the one who wanted this adventure in the first place. The Lucain was even more pleased; the fact that she really didn't want to be here either, the fact that she pretty much had to, to make sure Larka didn't get into any trouble. "Oh, thank you so much." Kacia sighed happily. "This must be the best news I have heard all day!" She teased, but in a way, she was being serious.

The other two were asked for names. Larka looked up to the two brothers, "I'm Larka." She said proudly. "Nice to meet you... erh Lestat and... Anubus?" She made a shy grin. Was she right with the names?
But now, silence. Kacia and Larka were waiting for their... erh, other 'friend' to say his name.
Still, silence. The sand colored Kuhna just glared, evily to the brother's. Sure, there may be nothing wrong with them, but Gaara didn't know that.
Just like he was pretty sure he was a suspicion to them too. His ears pinned, and then he showed his teeth. "Gaara.." He said in a low voice. By the sound of it, he would almost be concidered a 'teen.' It wasn't deep, yet it wasn't high either.
With that, he turned as if ready to go.
"Gaaara~" Larka whined. "Where're your manners?" Kacia watched the Kuhna abit dissapointed. But then again, she never expected much of the poor guy..

"Sorry.. about him." Kacia said, giving them a weak smile. "He'll be harmless as long as he's not messed with. Trust me, he's not too bad."

{3/3}
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/13/2007 8:26 PM

Anubus laughed, for he was rather good natured. "You got our names right. It is very nice to meet you all." Lestat however couldn't help but grimace at the large smile plastered on his brothers face.
'Always to easily convinced of goodness.' The gyrraptor thought to himself before turning his attention to the tan colored kuhna. He observed that the creatures ears were pinned back and that his stance was very much like his own. He would have to keep an eye on this one.

Meanwhile Anubus had started to assure the lucain and other kuhna that it was quite alright that their companion was rather leery of them.
"Don't worry about it at all." He chuckled. "Lestat here is always being a bit cautious. Heck even if a baby were to cross his path he would surely be convinced it was trying to take over the world." The gyrraptor rolled his eyes. "So have you guys been traveling out here long, seeing as your looking for a place to stay and all? Or am I the only one who can't stand the desert heat for more than a minute?"
Lestat quickly turned his attention back to Anubus upon hearing this. It took all his might not to start reprimanding his brother on the spot. Had it not been Anubus's idea to take the mission in Wilt'no? Had it not been Anubus who had whined and pleaded until he convinced him to come?
"What is it brother?" Anubus asked dumbly upon seeing Lestat's face.
"Nothing." The gyrraptor answered through clenched teeth.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/14/2007 2:49 AM

Kacia nodded gently; Larka just sighing. If Gaara put up this kind of attitude, then of course he'd be a suspect of.. well, anything. Then again, Gaara was very much capable of doing anything if provoked. (Not really anything, but he could at least try.)
But the Kuhna was also suspicious of the two brothers, as much as Lestat was of not just the group, but Gaara. He'd be keeping an eye on him? Only to have Gaara keeping his lifless eyes on Lestat as well?
How intresting this would be indeed. The Kuhna stopped his dark brown paws to look back at the group. "...."
That was pretty much his command of, 'Come on!'

Larka giggled at Anubus comment. "Geez, a baby? Eh don't worry about it.. Babies scare me too!" She grinned, with total sarcasm in her voice. She was liking Anubus already!
Kacia shook her head to Anubus again, sighing. "No. Well... kind of. We've only been out here for a few hours, but.. the Desert isn't an easy place to get out of." She sighed again.
Larka followed on, nodding. "Actually.. I really don't like being out here either."
"Eh.. Larka.." Kacia whinned, scolding her. "I hope you learned your lesson." She glared. Both the small groups were out here due to another individual?

The berry Kuhna giggled. "Well, I won't say this isn't fun. It would be better, if Mr. Grumpy didn't come along." She cocked her head to Gaara.
The tan Kuhna seemed to know he was being talked about. He made a low hiss in his voice, "Are you all comming, or shall I leave you to the desert?"
"Aww, shup Gaara. We can find that.. town, city village thing ourselves if we wanted too!" She stuck her toung out. Kacia gave the girl a small swat with her paw, not strong at all. Just to get her attention. "Be nice." She looked to the two brothers. "But I do agree with him. We should get going. Erh... which way was it again?"

{4/4}
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/14/2007 3:49 AM

"Oh, over this way..." Anubus answered swinging his head over his shoulder and to the south. "It's only about ten minutes away actually. I'm not sure how nice the accomadations will be but I'm sure they will have a place to rest and some good food to eat, which reminds me...I'm starving. I would love a good salad." Anubus grinned.
"Salad! Ugh, you and your salads." Lestat shook his head. Unlike his brother who was a vegetarian, he very much enjoyed meat. "Mom surely must have dropped him on his head." The gyrraptor added under his breath.
"So if you don't mind my asking, what brings you guys out here?" Anubus ignored Lestat. He was in much better speaking company and felt no need to push his brother into talking anymore. Lestat was very happy about this, well as happy as his personality would allow him to be. Keeping one eye on Gaara he turned and began to walk towards the general direction of the desert town.
Getting the clue, Anubus began to follow, keeping his full attention directed to Larka and Kacia however.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/15/2007 2:29 AM

Kacia gave a gentel nod of her head, "Of course. We'd like that too." She sighed happily. They began to walk, but Kacia over heard a small laughter from Larka. "Salad? You don't seem like the type to eat a.. salad." She said, looking up to Anubus. Strangly, Kacia nodded with agreement. She looked to Anubus with a small grin. "I'm sorry. I don't see that in you either."
Larka and Kacia giggled to the little quarrel. They really were something else, entertaining almost. Larka was enjoying every moment of this.

Upon the Question, Kacia cocked her head to the side, as if these were forgien words. Truthfully, she just had to think about it. But the answere was quite simple,
"Honestly... Larka here wanted to explore." She eyed the Berry Kuhna from the side of her jade orbs. "And, well... I didn't want her to go alone, and no one else wanted too." She sighed deeply. "We ended up taking the turn towards the Wilt'no. Larka really wanted to see the Desert.. so..."
Larka looked ahead. "Wait, what do you mean no one else wanted to come? Then why is Gaara here? Dead Weight?"
"No. I don't know why he's here." She blinked. It was really a good question..

The ironic thing in this, was Gaara was watching the two brothers as well. Every now and then, he'd glare over to them from his cozy distance and just glare. Even if Lestat were to look towards Gaara, the Kuhna would only harden his glare for moments more before going on.
Anubus, Kacia and Larka all seemed perfectly okay with this. Gaara and Lestat weren't.
Hopefully, a fight wouldn't break out.

{5/5}
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/15/2007 2:55 AM

(OOC: Mind if I join? If not just tell me :3)
Rain 1.1

High among the clouds, a Prism Garudor flew high above in the skies, letting the wind lift her up high. She closed her scarlet eyes, enjoying the hot wind currents lift her up and up. The desert. Could she say that she loved it? The sand, the sun, the night...

Rain opened her eyes and peered down at the small world beneath her and smiled. It was so peaceful here. Wait a sec. She stared at the small creatures moving through the sands below. From what she could tell, they were two Gyyraptors, two Kuhnas, and a Lucian. One of the Kuhnas...the sandy colored one, sent shivers down Rain's spine for some reason. The Garudor shook the thought out of her mind and followed them from above, watching them. She didn't mean any harm really. All she wanted was to do something interesting for once...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/16/2007 8:02 PM

((Sure thing Robopup! I'd love to have you...oh and sorry for the wait))

"Yea, I know gyrraptor's are known for their love of meat but I just never could eat something that used to be alive. I don't know why but everytime I think about it I think what if it was me?" Anubus said, his eyes widening then going back to their normal size.
Lestat watched as his brother gave a very dramatic facial display. He really didn't know how they were related.
"So you guys say your just exploring? Wow, I wish we had that liberty. We ourselves are running an errand for our trainer. It seems that one of our households kuhna's got a bit to gung-ho for her own good and got lost in the desert. I told my trainer we would retrieve her since she's so busy with the war and all so here we are!" Anubus confessed.
"Ergh." Was all his brother could say in response. He had been hoping Anubus wouldn't go blabbing all their secrets, not that this was much to keep from anyone. Lestat just prefered to keep their business to themselves.
"I honesty don't know why Lestat came though. He's more of a single person mission kind of guy." Anubus whispered. "He seems a little bit like your friend gaara here actually. The resembelence in attitude is almost identical!"
Lestat could very well hear what his brother was saying but his attention now lay somewhere else. Keeping his eyes to the sky he looked for any sign of life. He just couldn't shake the feeling that something was following them.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next