With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Kitleoh » 12/16/2007 11:12 PM

Kacia thought for a moment. "Hmm.. That's intresting," She said, "I've wanted to go vegitarian but..." She looked away slightly embarrased. "I can't bring myself to that!" She sighed slightly, as if defeated. "I try though.."
Larka giggled slightly. "I'll eat anything." She admitted. "Honestly, mostly sweet things though." She gave a small grin.

Kacia's ears arched foward more. If they could, "Woah." She looked to the two brothers. "So.. a friend of yours is missing?" Her green eyes  blinked.
Larka jumped up. "OOh~ A Kuhna!?" She said happily. "Boy? Girl? What's it's name?" She seemed all happy. But then again, she loved meeting new people. But she was hushed by her friend. "We can help." Kacia offered. "I mean... I'm sure we are anyway, but I didn't know a friend was missing. If you don't mind we do, that is.."
Gaara rolled his eyes. Great.. just what he needed! He didn't want to help.. but it seemed like he had not a choice in any of this. So he just gave a grunt of dissaproval.

Kacia leaned over to Anubus, to give him a chance to speak in a whisper. "Maybe he cares for you.." She smiled slightly. "Really, i'm surprised.. if Gaara and Lestat are the same, well i'd imagine they'd be friends.." She sighed. "But I guess two with that personality... well, they wouldn't get along." She looked over towards the moody Kuhna, who had slowly come to a hault.
His eyes slowly lingered towards the sky. Apperently, he had felt it too. But instead of taking it seriously... he just kept walking.
"What was that about?" Larka asked.

{6/6}
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/16/2007 11:17 PM

Rain 1.2

They sensed her presence.
Rain flew a bit lower, making sure that she was still hidden by the clouds. Of course they did, it was so obvious. They were Gyyraptors and Kuhnas: didn't they have a keen 'sixth sense'? What was that anyway? Rain felt a quiet tickling in the back of her mind. Firmly she blocked it out. No, she will not let him in. This was her time to be alone, to make friends. Friends? The little voice broke through her mental barrier. You have no friends. I am your only true friend. Ha ha ha ha... Rain fiercely shook her head, streangthening the mental barrier. Geez, he was trying to get in. That wasn't going to happen on her watch.

Without thinking, Rain dived down, aiming for the spot right behind the group.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/16/2007 11:43 PM

"We would love for you to help!" Anubus cried immediately after hearing Kacia's offer. "It will make the process fun...well...erhm...as fun as missing person searching can be." Turning to Larka he proceeded to answer her questions as well. "It's a she and her name is Symphony. She was actually the first sugardrop kuhna to be born in evelon. Needless to say she is a bit hyper due to her...sugarness. She is very nice and I hope we find her soon so that you guys can meet her. I think you two would get along well." He nodded to Larka. "I'm not to worried about her because she is rather tough when it comes to hard situations but I do hope she hasn't run into anyone bad. I have heard many rumors of thieves and such living in the desert."
Lestat turned his attention to his brother again upon hearing his last sentence. The look on his face was one of worry. Anubus cocked his head at his brothers expression. Although Lestat did not usually show his emotions, it was hard for him not to in this instance. Symphony and him had been very close friends before she had gotten herself lost.
Anubus gave him a sympathetic look. "She'll be ok brother!" He said optimistically. The look quickly vanished off Lestat's face.
"What are you talking about!?! What would I care?" He grumbled turning away.
Anubus sighed then turned back to Kacia and Larka. "Maybe Lestat and Gaara will become friends. I think with people like themselves however, it takes awhile. Heck I can hardly tell that Lestat likes me half the time, but you are right. He does care, just in an odd way."
A loud flapping sound suddenly caused Anubus and Lestat to jump. Turning around the gyrraptors were surprised to see a Garudor coming in to land behind them. Narrowing his eyes and taking a fighting stance, Lestat readied himself for an attack.
<center>ImageImage</center></center>
<center>Sometimes I’m good but when I'm bad</center>
<center>I'm even better</center>
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/17/2007 12:30 AM

{Here it is. Sorry guys. =/}

Kacia smiled brightly to her new friend; if that's what they could be called. "The first? of her kind?"
Larka gasped. "WOAH! That sounds so cool!" She said. "I wonder.. is she okay with it? I mean.. I don't know
if they would feel like they don't fit in or.. something.."
Kacia shot the Berry Kuhna an evil little glare.
"Whaaaaat? Some of them do."
"No, i'm sure she's really proud of that title too." Kacia said, looking back to the brothers. And, intresting.. Lestat seemed to have a connection to the Kuhna?
Just like herself and Gaara.
She looked to Anubus, her voice low. "I know.. I really hope him and Lestat can get along. He needs more friends, Gaara.."
She frowned abit. "And if him and Lestat can get along, well.. that'd be amazing, I think. Then he would have a friend!" The thought made Kacia happy already.

But then, as the brothers did, the group of friends jumped too. But Gaara had.. a diffrent reaction.
He grit his teeth, and got into a fighting position. Kacia knew what this was about. Gaara was always ready for attacking others. That was.. just how he was.
So, before he could run towards Rain for a fight, Kacia walked infront of Gaara. "Hello there!" She called out to the beautiful creature.
"Who might you be?" She asked.
Larka made a huge, "WOOAAAH!" sound. She hadn't seen a creature like that before. There was none in their kennel. Of course, Gaara and Kacia knew.
They always were looking up and away, towards the Sky. Every now and then, they'd see wild creatures fly by.
The girl was feeling friendly. She ran right up to the Garudor. "Wow.. you're so pretty! What's your name? What are you? My name is Larka!"
Kacia made a deep, DEEP sigh. "Larka..." She mumbled.
She heard a deep growl from Gaara. "Kacia.. move..." He hissed.
But she looked back to him. "Gaara, please.. try and stay calm. I know she scared you, but that's no reason for you to try and jump at her." She said.
The look on his face proved that he couldn't be trusted. Kacia remained infront of him, holding him back more. "Gaara.. don't let others see you as some kind of evil person." She whispered.
But he only stayed silent, the death glare towards Rain still in plain sight.

{7/7}
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/17/2007 12:56 AM

Rain 1.3

"Sorry for startling you there." Rain smoothly answered, matching Gaara's death glare with her soft, amused look. Somehow, it worked, though the Kuhna still scared her somehow. "I won't hurt you." She added. "My name is Rain. It's a pleasure to meet you, Kacia and Larka." She slightly chuckled at the Berry Kuhna's child-like wonder. Rain glanced at the Gyyraptors. "I'm rather...curious. Where are you heading?"

At last, the tickling at the back of her mind stopped. Was he gone? She'll think about that later.

Rain patiently waited for their answer.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/17/2007 1:27 AM

Anubus laughed at Larkas questions. "Symphony doesn't really think about being the first of her kind to much. Sometimes she might be a little proud of the fact but she has so many cousins and siblings that are the only ones of their speicies back at home that I don't really think anyone knows any different." He shrugged then added, "Lestat needs more friends to. He has a few but they are often off doing differnt sorts of things that he doesn't get to socialize much...its starting to show to." The gyrraptor said giving his brother a strange look.

Shaking off the alarm Anubus looked at the garudor with curiousity.
"Hello there yourself. I'm Anubus its nice to meet you Rain." He started to run over and get a closer look at the new arrival but Lestat grabbed his tail with his mouth and puleld him back.
"Oww!" Anubus exclaimed, giving his brother an unhappy look.
"Stay back here, Anubus. At least until we get a better feel for her." Lestat hissed.
"Ugh, stop being antisocial you party pooper." Anubus mumbled. He turned to Rain. "We are heading to the town in the distance. If you are looking for a place to stay you can accompany us the rest of the way and grab a bite to eat when we get there." Anubus offered smiling.
Lestat slapped his head. Anubus was doing what he had just tried to stop him from doing.
"Fine get us all in trouble." He mumbled wondering if any other strangers would come there way.
"Don't mind my brother. He was dropped on his head when he was little causing him to be...well the way he is." Anubus said to Rain and teased his brother.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/18/2007 12:20 AM

Gaara flicked his tails. Were they KIDDING?!
Bringing Rain along now? He didn't like the look she was giving him. He had a feeling it was a mixture of a teased look with threat. Perfect for Gaara to take his suspicions from the brothers to her. And he didn't even notice the movement he had made. His two 'partners' were another matter.
Yes, they were as excited as Anubus was to have her join the group.
"I'm Kacia." The Lucain smiled. "And.. I really see no problem with you joining." She looked to Lestat. "Maybe she can help us with your friend. From the sky, i'm sure she can see more." She suggested. Really, it was pretty much true. If Rain would agree and want to do this.
"I'd love her to join!" Larka squeeked. "I've never meet a Garudor before." She said, looking to the two Gyrraptor brothers, mostly Lestat. "Pleeeeeeeeease?" She whinned.
"Larka.." Kacia said, looking to her. "Don't beg like that, please." She looked to the brothers now, as well. "In all, it's their choice. It's their mission."
She heard another dissaproving groan from Gaara, but she only sighed. "But honestly, she can help.." She smiled slightly to Rain. "Erh, i'm not saying I want to use you. I just am stating... maybe they'd get their friend back quicker."
"Yeah. She may not even be in the place were headed. Then we wasted time!" Piped the Berry Kuhna.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/18/2007 1:37 AM

Rain 1.4

Rain glanced at Gaara and surpressed another shiver. That little Kuhna...she could easily pick him up and snap his spine in two. Yet, the look he gave her and the manner he composed himself somehow scared her more than a leigion of Battlehearts and Hollowhearts combined. Rain waited for the Gyyraptors' answers, to give their agreement for her to join their group. You? Join this pitiful troupe? Posh. How did that voice sneak into her mind again? Listen to me for once, will you? When have I been wrong? "No thank you." Rain muttered under her breath. "I'd rather you to stay quiet." Just in case the others heard it, Rain cleared her throat and said, "Erm, so...do you mind if I join your group?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/18/2007 1:47 AM

Anubus nodded happily. "We would love for you to join...right brother?" He added elbowing Lestat and giving him a look of warning that he had better agree. Lestat, taken back by Anubus's sudden forcefulness could only mumble a strange sound.
'Is this really my little brother demanding me to do something? Wow didn't know he had it in him.' The gyrraptor thought to himself astonished.
"Well then its settled! You may join our group and help us in our search for Symphony." Anubus smiled. "But first we should rest for the night in the town over there seeing as we all have been traveling for so long..." Anubus posed this as a question more than a definite plan.
Lestat sighed. His brother was back to his passive self. "And here I was thinking he was starting to become more of a leader."
"Well then if thats settled, I do believe Anubus has the right idea. Everybody follow us." Lestat spoke up answering his brothers question. He gave  Rain a slight nod to show everyone he acknowledged the Garudor's presence.
"Wow If I'm not mistaken I actually think he might trust you." Anubus said to the garudor as he watched his brother take the lead and start walking again. "Thats really the most acknowledgement I've seen him give to anyone in the group."
"So if you don't mind my asking what brings you to Wilt'no Rain?" The gyrraptor asked curiously starting to walk.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/18/2007 2:34 AM

The three waited to hear what the brothers would say. And they agreed. Larka was more than pleased. She jumped up, and huffed a "YES!" from her mouth.
Kacia also grinned. This was awesome, the group was griwing bigger and bigger. They still had at least one more little Kuhna to join her group. The Kuhna they had to find..
"We have this mission down, flat!" Larka said. "We'll find her in no-- WHAT!? a BREAK!?"
Kacia nodded. "Good idea, actually. We can't find someone if we're tired now, can we?" She was indeed tired.
Gaara dug his claws into the sand. He was getting so restless now suddenly. He abruptly turned, and trotted off following the brothers before Kacia or Larka had a chance to reconize they were about to leave.

But, as they walked, Kacia started to wonder the same thing. She was in the Wilt'no at the perfect moment. Coincidence?
Kacia turned to Rain, "I'd like to know too." She smiled. "Surly it wasn't like how we were, just wanting to explore, was it? Or did you have intentions to come here?"
Larka looked to the new addition to the group. "What's it like, flying?" Wow.. how.. not impotrant. Or related to anything. But, heck, at least it was a question.

EDITED;
{9/9}
{OOC: Sorry. >.<}
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/18/2007 2:40 AM

Rain 2.0

"Let's see..." Rain tried to answer their questions in an orderly fashion. "Why am I here? That's actually quite a question. I don't know. I was just flying around and enjoying myself." Liiiiiaaarrr.... The voice in her head drawled out in a singsong tone. And you call yourself a friend to lie to them? I'm not lying, she sharply told the voice in her head. I'm telling the truth. Yeah right, it was me who brought you here, me who sent you to find- Rain cut him off right there and continued on with the second question. "Let's see...flying...it's hard to explain. Maybe you would like to ride on my back, Larka, and see how it feels like?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/18/2007 3:12 AM

"Wow I wish my schedule was free enough most of the time to fly around and enjoy myself." Anubus said before blushing at his mistake. "Well I mean, I can't fly...but it would be cool." He said before quieting himself and listening to the Garudor speak more.
When he heard Rain offer Larka a ride a large look of wonder spread across his face.
"How cool!" He exclaimed excited for his new friends possible oppurtunity.
Then turning to Kacia said. "I suppose thats one great thing about being so small you can do stuff like that...but then again I'm afraid of heights so even if I was small i don't think it would go over very well."

Up ahead Lestat walked quietly. He had sensed Gaara had also begun to move at the faster pace he himself had taken. He was actually glad it was the sand colored kuhna for it meant he would not have to speak and would be accompanied by a creature of his similar views. He could actually say he didn't mind having Gaara around...but he certainly would not admit  they were possibly friends. There was no way. He didn't even know the guy...even if they were similar.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/18/2007 5:36 PM

And with that offer, Larka's eyes got much brighter, wider even. "You mean it?!"
Kacia smiled abit, glad that Larka would get such an offer, and laughed playfully a Anubus. "It's okay. I make mistakes like that sometimes too." She said, nodding. "It would seem like a good thing- being so small. But I wouldn't want something like that either.." She looked to her Kuhna friend. "Honestly, Larka is really into adventures. Any offer like this, she wouldn't want to pass up." She sighed.
"Wait.. how are you afraid of heights?" She looked to him abit confused. It struck her odd, for a strange reason. Maybe because she didn't know alot of people scared of heights.
Larka hopped towards Rain gingerly. "I'd love too!" She finnaly said. "If.. If you don't mind, of course!"

Gaara looked deeply unnamused by all of this. Well, he didn't really see anything. But he did hear all that was going on. Idiots..
Indeed, he remained quiet. He just padded easily through the sand, kicking it up as he did so, and leaving his paw prints in the powdery substance. The sooner they were to the town, the better. Maybe everyone would go to sleep, and he'd be able to have some alone time.. no one to give him a headache, no one to bug him. Nothing at all.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/18/2007 6:59 PM

Rain 2.1

The Garudor chuckled. "Of course I don't mind. You probably don't weigh alot to me anyway. Hop onto my back." Rain kneeled a bit, allowing the Berry Kuhna to get onto her back, if she wanted to. "Just remember these few things: hang onto my neck if you need to...but not too hard. I wouldn't want you to fall off." Boring. Boring. You're letting this Kuhna ride on you like a pet? Look how low you sunk... Stupid voice. It won't shut up...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/18/2007 7:08 PM

Anubus watched as rain kneeled for Larka to crawl up onto her back. He cocked his head curiously. The process was all very interesting to him. Shortly after however he turned his attention back to Kacia.
"Yea, I don't really think I'm your typical gyrraptor." He laughed. "I think that's why Lestat gets fed up with me. He's very protective ever since our sister..." Anubus stopped. He knew if Lestat heard him talking about what he almost slipped up and said he would be mad beyond belief. "Nevermind..." Anubus smiled sheepishly.
'Since stopping there won't strike anybodys curiousity.' He thought to himself. Trying to change the subject he began to talk about something else.
"So I figure we can rest tonight and then tommorow we could ask around town and maybe see if anyone has heard about or seen Symphony." He said. Turning his head for a second he was shocked to find how close the town really was. From where they stood it looked no bigger than a bunch of dollhouses but at least they were getting closer, especially since the sun had started setting.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext