With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Kitleoh » 12/18/2007 11:49 PM

The young Kuhna smiled brightly, saying thank you over and over and OVER. And when Rain sank down, to allow her on the magnificant creature's back, she hopped on, clinging to her neck with perfect instructions followed. She didn't hold too tightly. Kacia smiled, happy for her friend. And at least she said thank you!
The Lucain turned to her friend, giggling again. "Ah, I don't care what you're like. Hey, your personality makes you uniqe anyway, doesn't it?" She tried to reassure him that indeed nothing was wrong. But he cut off before he could say what he had too.. about, a sister?
So they had a sister?
Or.. from his reaction...
She nodded to his change of subject. "Yes.. yes, that sounds good." She said calmly, trying to hold back wondering what he was getting at with stopping there. But after a moment of akaward silence, she turned to Anubus. "What were you going to say?" She finnaly asked, curious.

Gaara looked up ahead of him, seeing their destination now in plain sight. Good...
They would go to sleep, and perhaps Gaara could go off by himself? Just for abit. He wouldn't do anything bad. He just wanted to get away. As a result to this, the Kuhna ran ahead through the sand with ease. He was anxious to reach this place already..

{11/11}
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/19/2007 12:26 AM

Rain 2.2

"Ready?"Rain looked at the Kuhna playfully. "Here we go!"She flapped her massive wings and took to the air, feeling the warm wind currents lift her higher and higher. The world below suddenly looked so small and the sky welcomed the Garudor back with open arms. She closed her eyes, feeling the sun warm her back. For a second she forgot about everything else: the Kuhna, the voice, the problems she had, all gone, swept away by the sheer joy of flying. Remembering where she was, Rain glanced at Larka. "Enjoying yourself?"Rain grinned. "I remember when I first flew. It was a wonderful experience, really."

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/19/2007 2:33 PM

A strange look crossed Anubus's face when Kacia asked him what he had been about to say. He had a very big mouth, he knew that but he felt it was the groups right to know that the little mission they had joined wasn't as simple as finding someone who was missing.
"I...well...I think theres something you should know." He stopped and made sure Lestat was far enough ahead not hear him. "Lestat and I had a younger sister who went missing about a year ago in Wilt'no as well, same month, date and time that Symphony was reported missing this year." Anubus thought about stopping his story here and leaving it as a strange coincidence but instead he continued on.
"Their not the only ones that have gone missing either." Anubus sighed. "Just the only ones from our home. Lestat and I more-or-less were given this mission because we are the strongest ones still at home. I fear our trainer believes that their is someone or something kidnapping all the creatures that keep going missing. We are not quite sure about the situation which is why I didn't really say anything..." Anubus lowered his head and looked away. He didn't want to put his new friends into danger. "I was going to tell you when we figured out Symphony's wereabouts but I feel you deserve to know now." Anubus shifted his eyes up to the sky and tried to spot Rain and Larka. "I would undertsand if you don't want to help anymore. I fear it may be more of an adventure than you bargained for..." He squinted his eyes and spotted them. He didn't want to part ways with his friends but they had the right to choose their own fate.

Lestat closed his eyes and enjoyed the cool wind that had picked up. Letting his eyes crack open a little he looked out at the horizon. It appeared to him that a storm was approaching.
"Thats odd." He mumbled in his deep voice. "I didn't think the desert had storms this time of year." Shaking his head a bit, he picked up his pace. The town was now just ahead of him and he decided he would enter and scout out a couple of inns. Turning he saw that Gaara was very close. Doing something completely out of his character, he spoke to the kuhna. "We are almost there. Since you and I seem to be the only ones making any progress would you like to come and look for some where to stay...that is so we can get everyone in." The tone of his voice had started out kind but he quickly shifted it back to his normal harsh way of speaking. After all he didn't want Gaara to think he trusted him or anything.

((dun, dun, dun I've thrown in a plot twist hehe. I hope you don't mind. Also feel free to make any twists you want seeing as I don't have anything for the story set in stone  and I would enjoy very much to see how you guys want the story to go (: ))
<center>ImageImage</center></center>
<center>Sometimes I’m good but when I'm bad</center>
<center>I'm even better</center>
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/19/2007 5:37 PM

"Woaah!" Came Larka's thrilled voice. This was... amazing! Lightly scary, but truly amazing. She was loving every moment of this. She peaked down, and her heart lept. It scared her, but it was.. fun!
"I am enjoying myself." She said, almost breathless with this experience. "It's amazing, Rain! I love this!"

Kacia's eyes were on her friend, now in the sky with Rain. The green orbs turned back to Anubus, however. He was about to tell his story, and something in his voice brought a shiver to her. Indeed, something truly was not right at all. She leaned foward abit, and shock overcame her. Whatever was happening to these two it was way more that 'coincidence.' This was just flat out suspicious. She looked away, nervously. This wasn't right. "And... you never found her, did you?" She whispered, looking to Anubus. "Your sister.."
But wait, more missing? Well, that made more shock. She looked down into the sand, then towards where Gaara should have been. However, he was running ahead towards Lestat. Well.. more so the little town ahead.
She looked back to Anubus sadly. It seemed like she was about to really drop out of this all. But she opened her mouth to speak, "No. I'll still help you." She said, "I'll admit.. i'm worried about my friends. For their saftey... but I want to know what's going on too. This seems.. so suspicious." She shook her head, and continued on the way to the town. "I hope you don't mind me staying.. But really, it's too late to drop out of this, I think as well. Night is comming... we're in the desert and nowhere from home." She gave Anubus a light smile, showing that she was more so in it to help her new friends out.

Gaara nearly came to a hault. Weird... he was being spoken too. He looked up coolly, towards Lestat. He had a 'plan' then. Hm.. This involved he and the brother somewhat work together. Gaara weighed the possibilities. Would this work in his favor?
He.. guess he wouldn't hurt Lestat. But as he then said in his head, "No promises.." He stared to the brother, and his claws tightened, comming out, digging into the sand again. "Fine." He huffed, picking his pace up again.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/19/2007 7:33 PM

Rain 2.3

Rain chuckled. "I thought you might've said that." She tilted her wings just so and dived toward the earth. At the last second she pulled up, her heart pumping madly, telling her that she was truely alive. Rain was happy, wholly happy for the first time in months.
I'm tired of this petty game. Oh no, the voice was back. I don't want to keep talking to you. You'll only block me out, won't you? Rain suddenly, violently twitched, almost throwing Larka to the ground. No! She won't live through that again! In vain she tried to stay in the air, trying to keep control of her own body. Allow me to borrow your body for a while, eh? I'll give it back to you soon enough, heh heh heh... She was losing. Fighting a losing battle. He was overtaking her, gnawing on her mind, a leech.

A sudden change came over Rain. Her pupils suddenly formed into slits, burning with a strange fire. Her body twitched madly, as though some insane puppeteer was controlling her. Unable to control herself, Rain flew faster, higher...

Where was she going? Where was he taking her? If he harmed Larka... The last consious speck of Rain vanished among the shadows that consumed her mind...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/21/2007 1:01 PM

Anubus shifted his eyes back to Kacis back from their spot in the sky. "No, we never did find her. There was one creature who was found though, whish is why we are here again. Our hope has been restored a little bit." It was hard for Anubus not to lower his head. He felt a bit ashamed for having drug them into this without letting them know prior. "Thank you for still helping. I realize how hard of a decision it must have been. Things like this aren't so easily decided after all. I do really appreciate it though." He smiled a sad smile at her. "If we are in a group I am sure everyone will be fine though. It's just if we start getting singled out and alone, that could get dangerous." A small thought began to nag at the back of Anubus's head. He felt as though something wasn't right. Glancing ahead to his brother, he tried to see if Lestat seemed aggitated as well. When he did not see any unusual behavior he tried to shake the thought off. Taking one last glance up at Larka to make sure everything up there was ok he found himself scanning the sky. Where Rain and Larka had just been was now simply clear sky.
"Hey can you spot Rain and Larka?" He asked, his voice a bit worried. He couldn't tell if his feelings were real worry or just the jitters from telling his story.

To Lestats wonder, Gaara actually answered him back. Not only that but he accepted his proposal. He cocked his head and obsereved the sand kuhna for a second. They way he held himself and acted was very much like Lestat did.
'Interesting...' The gyrraptor thought to himself, before turning his gaze back ahead of himself to the town they just now were entering. Swiveling his head about, he looked left and right for a signt hat indicated an Inn was located there. He spotted two off the bat. Making his way to the first one on the right he turned to Gaara.
"Lets try this one." He grumbled, back to his old self.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/23/2007 10:06 PM

Larka gasped from the air, It was all AMAZING! She loved every bit of this. But then, she felt something was wrong. Rain began to pick up the speed and height, until she couldn't any longer see her friends, or worse the ground. Her eyes widdened gently. "R-Rain?" She studdered. "Can you go abit lower, please?" Her heart was racing. This wasn't too fun anymore.

Kacia lowered her head. Hey, maybe there was hope in finding the brother's sister too?
Maybe not... But still? She shook her head gently to her friend. "No, it's okay. I don't mind helping out. The more, the less dangerous right?" She hoped. But the darkness of what was happening was getting to her. This was defintally a kidnapping. Nothing like this ever happened at her home, every one was always safe. She shivered gently, and slowly tried to plan out what could possibly happen. If this Kuhna was first of the species, unique until others came around, then of course someone would try and get the poor thing. And they found another who was kidnaped as well; so nothing could possibly happen to her, right?
Then her thoughts where shattered, inturupted by fear of what Anubus had said. Her head quickly lifted up. Rain was gone; and Larka was with her.
"Oh no..." She felt panic rise in her. "RAIN! LARKA!" She yelled, and waited for a responce. She began to pace abit, about to run off in any random direction. She was not going to loose Larka.

As they entered the town, Gaara looked to Lestat. He couldn't beleive himself. He was taking orders! From HIM!?
It amazed the Kuhna as well. But he was just desprate to get everything out of the way. He followed Lestat, looking around evily, trying to see where this female that they were looking for could be. But then, Lestat turned to an inn. "Hmph..." He slowly followed, abit unsure.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/25/2007 5:01 PM

Rain 2.4

"Rain is gone...for now." The Garudor's demonic voice, no longer the soft melodic song, grated against the ears. Those strangly slitted eyes glanced at the frightened Kuhna. "Lower? No, I'll be taking you elsewhere. I can't let you climb down." The stranger chuckled. "I thought you liked flying?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 12/25/2007 5:32 PM

Anubus watched as Kacia ran around frantically. He didn't know what to say or do to help her. Thrusting his eyes up to the sky then back to his friend he tried to figure out what was happening. One minute Larka had been there then the next she was gone. Surely Rain had dissapeared behind a cloud or something. Waiting calmly for a few minutes, Anubus kept his eyes to the sky hoping the Garudor would magically appear and everything would be fine. That never happened however. A sudden pang of fear washed over the gyrraptors body.
"Larka!?! Rain!?!" He cried joining in with Kacias attempts to call them back down to earth.
'This is not good.' Anubus cried in his thoughts. Closing his eyes he raised his nose to the air in an attempt to catch a scent trail. Opening his eyes again he began to run out into the desert.
"I smell them!" He cried. "They are this way!" He knew it was getting dark and he could also pick up the scent of a storm but there was no way he was going to let Rain take Larka away from her friends. Tapping into his last energy reserves he began to sprint across the desolate desert in pursuit of his friend. There was no time to tell Lestat or Gaara, he and Kacia would have to rescue the kuhna themselves.

"We need two rooms." Lestat growled for the fourth time. The Inn keeper had been giving them trouble since they had walked through the door.
"I'm sorry but we only have one." The inn keeper sighed.
"Only one? This place is huge and you have no guests!" Lestat answered annoyed.
"You can take the one room or none at all. I suggest you take it seeing as the other Inn is full." The large creature that watched the front desk shifted his weight and began picking at his teeth.
Lestat grimaced, digusted by the creature.
"Fine we will take it." He snorted, putting a puch of money on the desk.
"This should be enough." He said with a warning look on his face.
"Thank you." The Inn Keeper smiled handing both Lestat and Gaara keys.
Lestat took the key and walked away from the desk.
"What is taking them so long?" The gyrraptor sighed angrily, looking down at Gaara.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 12/25/2007 6:20 PM

Hearing her new friends voice, she shook. "You're not Rain!" She gasped. Her eyes were wide with horror now, and compleatly confused at what has happened. She growled, and showed her teeth. But she hesitated. Was attacking the large creature while she was up in the air, and on it's back a good idea? The Garudor could crush her, or throw her from it's back and she'd break all her little bones in her body.
"But why are you taking me? I'm nothing to you! And why are you not Rain!? Where is she!?" She was nearly screaming now.

Kacia's panic had passed to Anubus. And she was still not sure of what she should do! Thankfully, Anubus stayed calm, for abit, to actually pick up a scent and follow where ever Rain was taking Larka. Her green eyes were wide, and as she watched her friend run off, she followed. Kacia had little strength left as well, but situations being what they were, she ran fast. Not as fast as Anubus, but fast enough to actually tail pretty close behind him. "Rain? Can you hear me, Rain!" The Lucain called. "If you can hear me, then come DOWN! You're too high!" She began to grow frustrated, unsure of how she'd get Larka down. Neither her, or Anubus could fly. And Kacia highly doubt a Kuhna's little wings could do much any to even glide.

Gaara sat on the floor, abit of amusement on his face as the keeper and Lestat argued. If he had a lighter personality, the Kuhna may have even laughed. Finnaly, they got the keys, and a low growl of having to share one room with.. what, 5 more bodies? If Rain had come in that is.
The Kuhna looked up to Lestat, this time unusually meeting his eyes to Lestat. This time, rather than an evil, 'Wanna fight!?' expression, there was a look of concern and shock on his face. A look Gaara got often. He walked to a window, and poked his head out, setting his key on a nearby lamp table.
"They're gone." He said, simply. Despite the look on his face, he said the words pretty calm.

{14/14}
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/25/2007 6:39 PM

Rain 3.0

"Right you are, little Kuhna." The demonic voice droned on. The Garudor flew faster, hearig the other's voices. "And Rain? She's sleeping...if you can call her that. And you, little Kuhna, are nothing to me. That is true. The only thing you're good for is..." Whoever it was paused for dramatic effect. "Bargining. You see, I want a little friend of yours. And I'm sure that the others will gladly turn him in for your safety. After all," Rain, yet not Rain, laughed. "We wouldn't want the poor little Kuhna to get hurt, right?"

The Garudor suddenly flew lower, straying into the sight of the others. What was the stranger's plan? Who was he for any matter?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/03/2008 3:49 PM

Lestat's heart seemed to drop in his chest. Normally he would be used to his brother wandering off and irritating him but this time something was different. He couldn't hear or smell Anubus and Kacia was gone as well. Throwing his eyes to the sky he couldn't spot Larka or rain either.
'How could I have left them alone!?!' A voice cried out in his head.
Lestat looked down at Gaara who also seemed a bit disturbed by the sudden disappearance. Trying tyo compose himself, Lestat began to walk to the door.
"Always running off aren't they?" He chuckled uncomfortably trying to play it cool and be calm. "Guess we had better go see where they got off to." This time his voice cracked and his pace quickened. He needed to know where his brother was. He wasn't going lose his last remaining family member to the desert.

"Look!" Anubus cried as Rain swooped down into view. He thrusted his head upwards in the direction of the garudor and the tiny kuhna clinging for dear life onto its back. The gyrraptors energy was begining to lessen but with the sight of those they were in pursuit of a burst of adreneline surged through his body. The confusion and tension was growing within Anubus as they ran farther and farther into the desert. He wanted to know what Rain's intentions were. His thoughts were momentarily broken however as a drop of rain landed on his nose.
'Rain...in the desert?' He thought to himself. Casting his eyes to his right he saw monsterous black clouds approaching. A glimmer of hope presented itself. If a storm was coming Rain would have to land soon.

((I'm so sorry that its taken me so long to respond *~*))
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 01/03/2008 11:05 PM

{It's okay Jazzy. :3 Hope you had a good holiday~}

She gasped. "You let Rain go!" She hissed, still trying to plot out anyway to stop the creature. But what it said next.. her pale purple eyes widdened. "So i'm... i'm a hostage?!" She could have nearly fallen off right there! "Who could you possibly want? And for what purpose? No one could possibly serve you well." Or so she thought. But then she seemed to snap.
"No! I'm not going to let you use me like that!" She cried, and went to bite and scratch Rain. But then she realized. She couldn't. She would hurt Rain's body, but not this new soul possesing it.

Indeed Gaara had the same feeling as Lestat. Though it was hard to tell with the young Kuhna, but he did feel strange. But why? If they weren't really his 'friends'?
He made a low growling noise, it was easy to tell that something was terribly wrong. Other then the fact they were gone, but the fact that one of the 'newcomers' had something to do with it. In all, he was thinking it was either Anubus or Rain. But Kacia often told him not to be so quick to judge.
With this, it was hard indeed not to judge.
Gaara swung his head to the door, and understood Lestat was willing to go and look. And he was trying to stay calm. Gaara trotted out the door, and looked to Lestat. "Footprints..." He said almost like a whisper. "They may have left.. footprints in the sand." He seemed amazed himself that he was the one who had aknowledged the Gyrraptor. But he quickly eyed the powdery surface, looking for any kind of clue as to where they went.
Then he stopped, and lifted his head.. only to get shot with a drop of water. It was beginning to rain.

Kacia lifted her head to her friends call. Indeed, there were Rain, and Larka on her back. The Lucain felt her heart skip. She was probably almost on hysteria, but managed to keep calm. She made an evil sounding growl, something she usually never did unless under threat. And this was a threat. She had to save her friend at any cost, but how?
"Anubus," She panted. ",I don't think I can keep running like this." She knew he was tried as well. All day walking in the heat is enough to drain anyone out. And Anubus and Lestat were running when Kacia had spotted them if she remembers correctly.
But now, it started to rain, and she almost stoped then. She looked to Anubus, with the same thought. Rain couldn't fly in this weather.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/04/2008 12:11 AM

Rain 3.1

It was starting to rain? The stranger growled in annoyance but kept in the air, trying to find the person he was seeking."He's not here." The voice grated. "Disappointing." Whoever it was, the voice knew that he couldn't stay in the air for long. The storm would most likely damper his progress. He'll have to fly off somewhere else...
"Do you want your little Kuhna friend back?" The Garudor, Rain but not Rain, screeched over the wind. The storm was getting closer...if he didn't leave soon, then he would be forced to land, and that would be something he didn't want to do. In the air, he had the obvious advantage. If he landed, he'd most likely get pulveriZed. "You'll all meet me at the top of that mountain there," He jerked his head to a distant, tall peak. "If you want your friend back. And I want all of you there. Either that or I'll throw her off!" That said, the Garudor began to fly off toward the mountain peak as fast as his wings could carry him.
"Don't hurt her!" Rain cried. She was chained...chained to some massless shadow...the Garudor struggled with all her might, trying to get out, to gain repossesion of her body. "Don't hurt her, Seth!" It was no use. No one could hear her...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/04/2008 1:25 PM

The voice was barely audible but Anubus caught the jist of the message it was delivering through the rising wind.
"Mountain!?!" He yelled towards the heavens, receiving a mouth full of rain drops. He sputtered and spat the water out turning to Kacia.
"Did you hear what she said?" He panted. "I don't see a mountain anywhere." Anubus turned his eyes back to the scenery infront of him only to be startled by the sight of a looming moutain that seemed to be attracking the storm. "Oh that mountain." He wheezed. "But how in the heck are we supposed to get everyone up there? I don't even know where we are let alone which way would lead us back to Gaara and Lestat." The gyrraptor reached the first rock that gave clue to the ahead terrain and crumpled to the ground, watching as rain and Larka spiraled upwards to the dissapearing peak. He looked to Kacia to see if she was alright.

Lestat lowered his head and grinded his teeth. Whatever chance they had of finding their missing friends would soon be washed away if they did not act fast.
"How could he just wander off like this?" The gyrraptor grumbled tensely. Lestat knew the answer to this question. Anubus was easily distracted, yes, but he would never just take off unless there was something wrong. In attaempt to confirm his suspicions he turned to Gaara.
"Is Kacia the type to be rash?" The kuhnas answer would be Lestats way of beginning to piece the sudden happenings together.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext