With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Kitleoh » 01/04/2008 5:44 PM

Larka frowned. "Whoever you're looking for, he's probably NOT here." She hissed. "I think you have us confused with someone else.." But what if he didn't? She didn't want to put her friends in trouble. She peered down over the strong creatures back. "Don't come!" She called, but the wind picked up, maybe they didn't get her message. She held tighter to Rain, whining bitterly. She couldn't beleive that she had gotten herself and her friends into this mess. This was terribal!

Kacia came to a hault. She couldn't take it anymore, she couldn't run. But as she felt the cool drops of water on her back, she felt as if her strength back. She panted, and her ears twitched. She looked to Anubus, and her eyes showed how scared she was. "I heard." She whispered. She looked to the mountain, and shook herself, trying to dry herself. "We'll need to... erh." She had to think. "I don't know. I have no idea what's going on." She looked down, and suddenly lifted her head. She was suddenly reminded of the brothers mission, and felt bad that this was a delay to them. "I don't know if Gaara and Lestat are comming after us or not. And we have no way to retrace our steps. We'll just have to hope for the best, and go after Rain ourselves." She said, praying and hopeing that Gaara and Lestat would appear. Out of all of the group, she felt they'd need those two.

Gaara looked up from the ground to the Gyrraptor. He had to think about the question a moment. He never thought Kacia rash at all unless..
He frowned, if he could anymore. "When there is a threat to her, or anyone she cares about. That is the only time i've ever seen her act in such a way." He said calmly. "Perhaps... something happened." He looked back to the ground, and even began to sniff around for any kind of scent. They had to find something soon. They have to find them, and get back to what they had first been doing.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/04/2008 5:51 PM

Rain 3.2

Seth, as we know his name now, neatly landed in the shelter of a cave that was carved in the side of the mountain, just as the storm arrived. The Garudor gruffly tossed Larka off his back and hissed, "I suppose you're hungry, little Kuhna? If you're here, I might as well get you something to eat." He cautiously looked outside and was greeted by the sight of a lightning bolt striking a tree below. An acid, burning smell filled the air. "Your friends will come." He hissed. "And I'll find the one I seek." Seth settled himself in a corner, preening his feathers, his scarlet eyes fixed on Larka.

It was a waiting game now.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/06/2008 4:33 PM

Anubus watched as larka and rain dissapeared once more. He groaned and tried to heave his body into a standing position once more. "Your right we can't go back for them. If we did who knows what might happen..."He trailed off. Poor Kacia looked beyond tired just like himself. They were both facing a major dilema. The face of the mountain was sheer and rocky, nearly impossible to climb even if they had all their energy. "There has to be some way we can pursue them further." He mumbled to himself.
He scanned the area in search of anything that might help them get up the mountain. Suddenly his eyes rested on a large blck opening in the side of the mountain.
"A cave he cried!" They could at leats go and rest in the cave until they regained some energy. The gyrraptor turned to the lucain to see if she had heard him. "We need some rest if we are going to get to them."

A pang of worry surged through lestat's body as Gaara confirmed his thoughts. Turning his head a bit so the kuhna couldn't see the pain on his face he began to speak. "Can you pick up any of their scents?" His voice was a bit shaky. He knew Anubus was strong but what about the others, and even then what kind of thing might the four of them be up against? He sighed loudly releasing the stress, then lowering his nose to the ground tried to catch any faint trace of the others. The rain was making this task incredibaly diffisult however and Lestat had never been the best tracker. His brother had always excelled in that area.
<center>ImageImage</center></center>
<center>Sometimes I’m good but when I'm bad</center>
<center>I'm even better</center>
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 01/07/2008 1:31 AM

Larka fell to her side with a thud, and winced. She groaned and slowly sat up, shaking off the mud and rain off of her, to no avail. She glared to her captor, evily. She wanted Rain back. She didn't want her friends to be hurt..
"You'd feed me?" She cried, "After you take me hostage?!" She growled to him, but then thought abit. What if she could get him away long enough for her to escape? Could she?
But.. after that reaction, he'd be on to her. Totally on to her..
She paced the edge of the mountain, fretting. She had to get away. She couldn't let her friends come here. She looked back to this.. 'Seth.'
"Could you get something for me?" She asked, her eyes narrowed gently.

Kacia eyed the jagged mountain. That would be dangerous, especially one of the desert. She made another growl, and looked behind her. They'd just have to do this alone, and hope the creature who had Larka wouldn't mind. Her ears pinned back, but she looked to Anubus hearing him call out.. something she had missed. "What..?" She asked in a daze, but then she seen it too. A cave, and this lifted her spirits. It was too dangerous to travel right now, and it'd give them a chance to see if their friends were comming for them. She nodded, and looked to Anubus. "Yes, we do." She agreed, and trotted towards the cave.
What about later, after the rain? Could they make that jourey up the mountain if they were in sweltering heat?

Gaara shuddered gently. He hated the water. He was the mascot of felines that hated water. And it put him in a bad mood..
He groaned, and looked up. But thankfully, he did catch a scent, but it would be hard to keep. "Yes." He said, lifting his head. "I have found it, though the rain is strongly covering it up. We'll have to hurry." He said, looking up.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/07/2008 8:08 PM

Rain 3.3

The Garudor hissed at her statement. "Hypocrites." He did, however, quickly preen his feathers and hop over to the ledge. "You mortals always need some sort of nourishment...food you call it..." Seth continued to mutter to himself as he glanced at Larka. "I won't be gone for long, little Kuhna." His eyes narrowed. A warning. "Even if you try to escape, I doubt you will get far." That said, Seth took from his perch and dived down to the sparse trees below.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/09/2008 9:48 PM

Anubus half walked, half dragged his body to the cave opening. Though he was used to the soft straw mats back at home, he certainly wasn't one to complain about a dry place to rest. He glanced back at Kacia one more time to make sure she was following alright, then fell down on the stine floor of the cave. To his partial delight, he was happy to find that the floor was completely water free and almost seemed to radiate some warmth from it. He couldn't believe how tired he had become. Never in his life had he used so much energy, yet then again never in his life had he been so set on something. He wasn't going to let anything happen to Larka his new friend or even Kacia for that matter.
"Are you ok?" He asked with a weary voice. He knew the obvious answer but he still couldn't help but ask.

"Good." Lestat answered bluntly when Gaara had picked up a scent. He was a little worried that it would wash away before they could find their friends but a little hope was better than none. Looking down at Gaara he began to run, fast enough that they were making progress but slow enough to stay behind the kuhna who had the scent trail. It would be rather foolish of him to run off without even knowing where it was he was going.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 01/12/2008 12:33 AM

The Kuhna glared to Seth hatefully, and watched as he flew off. She had no doubt in her mind that he would be back. And at the top of this mountain, She had no way down especially in the rain. She was stuck. But she paced back and forth nervously, and even thought about jumping. But she couldn't bring herself, plus it was way to high. She did, however, manage to go to the far side of the top of the mountain they were on, just to try and get away from her captor when he returned.

Kacia had no strength left. She tried to run, but her legs just couldn't do it. So she walked calmly to the cave, and quite litteraly fell over as soon as they were inside. She shook herself dry, and looked down, sighing. She gently laied her sleek muzzle onto her paws and looked to her friend bitterly. "I'm okay." She nodded, "I'm just in distress is all." She wouldn't be better until they got her friend back. She smiled to her friend, "I'm sorry. This is a big inconvience in your original mission. I promise.. it won't take that long to get her back." She said, looking down sadly.

The little Kuhna began to pick up his pace, and the scent, he noticed began to get stronger, yet a little weaker each time. The rain was defitnaly washing it away. Yet it still lingered, as if they were close. "The scent is is growing and dropping at the same time." He said. "But it's going straight, it seems. You quickly run ahead and see if you can't see them. I'll catch up." It only made sence to him. If it washed away soon, they'd be out of luck, yet so far it was going all in the same way. Still... he wanted to be sure, plus, Lestat he did run faster.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/12/2008 1:45 AM

Rain 3.4

...Was Rain still alive?
The shrouded figure crept closer to the Garudor, chuckling to himself. "Fallen asleep, have you? All that struggling and pleading must have worn you out..." A shadowy finger caressed Rain's cheek. "Silly little girl, trying to overcome me. What were you thinking?"

Seth scanned the area below, muttering to himself crossly. Mortals. They always need this and that. Trifles. Annoying trifles to keep them alive. He soon pounced on an unlucky Rattegan who happened to be passing by. The poor creature didn't live long. Before long, Seth was flying back to the cave, the heavy rat-like creature in his claws.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/14/2008 12:28 AM

Although Lestat wasn't one to take comands, he simply couldn't afford to argue with Gaara at the moment. It would be incredibaly foolish of the gyrraptor to argue anyways especially since the kuhna's command made sense. Lestat's muscular build was made for running so why shouldn't he take the lead? Surprisingly the answer to this question was that he was also worried about Gaara a bit. He would never admit it but he felt a certain kinship to the creature and leaving him behind would be hard, but what had to be done had to be done.
"Alright." He answered bluntly and quickened his pace. Reasoning in his mind he decided to only go as far as his vision would allow him to keep an eye on his companion.

Anubus realed back a bit shocked by Kacia's comment. "This isn't an inconvience at all!" He said a bit alarmed. Never in a million years would he view his new friends in such a manner. "Kacia, believe me when I say there is nothing more important in the world right now than rescuing Larka. She's your friend...your family, and there is nothing that would stop me from helping you guys. Larka deserves to be rescued as much as symphony. Infact I know it would be what Symphony wanted." He said with a smile and a firm nod of the head.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 01/15/2008 11:30 PM

The little Berry Kuhna curled up in a corner, shaking gently from the rain and the cold winds brought with it. Along with her fear that now held tight on to her like some kind of restraint. She had a feeling her friends were comming, but did she want them too? This Seth obviously thinks that one of her friends from their small group was someone he wanted. How is that so, if he'd never meet anyone of them before? Unless he had meet the brothers before. Larka didn't know at all if that were the case, or not. If they did, then they wouldn't have let her jump on the creatures mighty back without saying something.. right?

Gaara eyed Lestat as he ran off, which made himself slower his own pace, in response to the Gyrraptor's speed. He was glad that Lestat was listening and running ahead, this gave the Kuhna to take it slow to be sure he was on the right track. And he realized he was pretty much right.. the faded yet lingering scents were only going straight, and his pale eyes could barely make out a mountain ahead. Amazingly, he seemed shocked. That's where the scents were comming from. He looked up to Lestat, as if to assure him to keep on going- He had a feeling they were at the bottom of the mountain, if not close to it. He just hoped they were making it easy on them, and not moving at all.

Kacia smiled to her new friends words, They were enough to cheer her up some. "Thank you, Anubus." She said, wagging her tails. Still- she couldn't help but feel like the more time and effort they got to getting Larka back, the less would go to that other little Kuhna. Symphony.. She hoped that they'd get Larka back soon, if that be the case. Her green eyes looked to the floor, as she began to think. "Anubus... do you think Gaara and Lestat realise we're gone, and that something maybe wrong?" She looked back to him, worried again. She'd feel better if they were here. Lestat and Gaara's attitudes, so diffrent to her and Anubus, yet those kinds of attitudes... as if they were so sure of everything- made her confidence lift up some.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/17/2008 1:23 AM

Rain 4.0

"The...nourishment you requested is here." Seth hissed. The Garudor neatly landed in the cave, his rainbow-colored feathers soaking wet. He dropped the dead Rattegan at Larka's paws, his eyes glinting a dangerous red. "I don't want any complaints,"Seth hissed. "You eat this, don't you?"He kicked the corpse lightly. "This is what you call 'food', no?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/20/2008 2:13 AM

"Lestat's pretty...er...well let's say he watches my every move. I think he has realised by now that I am gone, hopefully. I'm sure if he hasn't Gaara has. He seems to keep a pretty close eye on you guys to." Anubus smiled, trying to reasure Kacia. "With any luck the storm will let up a little and not only will we have our energy back but the others will arrive soon." He said this as confidently as he could. He knew Lestat was a poor tracker but hopefully Gaara was a little better. "If you can, try to take a nap. It will work wonders as far as energy is concerned." Anubus chuckled a very dry and emotionless chuckle.

Lestat squinted his eyes. Through the sheets of rain he spotted a mountain.
"That's strange." He mumbled to himself. After all his observations prior to the adventure, he had never seen such a mountain on any of the maps he had looked at. Shaking his head a bit he continued to struggle on, his strength slowly diminishing each second. He now could pick up a faint scent of his brother and Kacia, but Larka's and Rain's scents were still out of his reach. This worried the gyrraptor. Turning back and yelling through the rain he tried to get Gaara's attention.
"Can you pick up Larka's or Rain's scent?" This was all beginning to be very peculiar.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 01/24/2008 1:05 AM

Larka looked up, and jumped as the corpse landed infront of her. In truth, this only scared her more. Alot more. She gulped, and pulled back slightly, staring at it. "Erh..." She didn't know what to say... thank you? "T-thank you..." She said. She wasn't hungry anyway, but if she was she lost her appitite. Just seeing that this beast killed something made her sick with worry that he could do the same to her friends. She glared up to him, "Who is it you want?" She asked, pretty sure she had asked this before. "If it's any of the four of my friends, you're not getting your filthly feathers near them." She threatened.

Her eyes stared at him, blinking in thought. She nodded.. what he was was true. If Lestat hadn't realised they were gone, she was sure Gaara would. The kuhna was pretty aware of his surroundings; as if he were paranoid. Kacia had always thought it bad for him... but she now knew that this held an advantage for him in this situation. They couldn't face such a big creature alone..
She shivered gently, and smiled to Anubus. At least he was trying to make her feel better. And hey.. it was working. "Thank you Anubus." She said gently. She took up his idea of a nap. She was pretty tired. She yawned gently, before she lied her sleek muzzle onto her paws.

His pale eyes glared at the mountain. He felt the scent continue on towards the mountain. Is that where they were? Why?
He frowned, and looked down towards the sand now turning into mud. No more traces of any paw paw prints, except the ones he and Lestat were making. That being said, the scent he was smelling was still doing that fading yet comming back fadeily. He shuddered from the rain, and heard Lestat call to him. He ran towards Lestat, so he could answere without raising his voice too much, "I have none of the two.." He said, frowning. If he were tall enough, he may have been able to scent their scents in the air, but he was just a young Kuhna.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/24/2008 7:08 PM

Rain 4.1

"Am I?" Seth was slightly preoccupied with preening his feathers. "There's no reason for me to get my 'filthly feathers' near them." He said the feathers part with great disdain. He was, after all, a very vain creature. "They'll bring their furry behinds to me. And you'll find out who I want." Seth hissed. "You'll find out when they come. I'll lure them over here and find who I want."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/29/2008 7:22 PM

Lestat's nose twitched, he had finally picked up a scent. "I can smell Anubus and Kacia now but not larka or Rain either." This seemed very odd to him. The kuhna, lucain and his brother had been sticking close until Larka had been offered a ride from Rain but even then he knew they had an eye on the little kuhna. Looking off to the side for a minute the gyrraptor tried to piece it all together. "You don't think Rain could have..." He stopped. Lestat wasn't one to make false accusations. The fact was he had no idea what was going on and he wanted to keep his mouth shut until he did know. "We should continue following the scent...maybe we will figure out whats going on if we can find the others..."

Anubus smiled. He was glad that Kacia seemed to be able to rest. He however couldn't seem to find a moment for peace. His mind was so muddled full of scenerios and ideas. Taking a deep breath he tried closing his eyes again. He was definately tired and the rest would be welcome if it came. The beating sound of rain started to soothe him and to his joy he found that he was beginning to drift off into sleep.
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext