With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

The Looming Conflict (OPEN!)

Postby Thunder » 06/05/2013 5:46 PM

(OOC: Yes, I am sided with the Purines, but Karon is one of my important Imperialist characters that I want to try RPing. Karon is in human form.)

The desert heat was oppressive, but the Imperialist soldiers camped out here anyway.

There had been word from the top that a secret operation against the Purines was about to begin, five years after the Imperialists were horribly defeated by their arch enemies in the war. As a result, troops were already starting to mobilize in small quantities, but not enough to potentially draw suspicion from the Purines. The Wilt'no Desert was a perfect place for preparations to occur since few dared to explore it due to the harsh weather, though this certainly wasn't the only Imperialist camp that had sprung up ever since plans were announced. It was merely one of the least accessible.

Karon Inmara was stationed at this camp. He was on lookout duty, which was incredibly boring since no one ever came around here, but it was an important job nonetheless. Leaning against one of the tents that had been set up, he gazed around, saw nothing, sighed, and raised a canteen to his lips to quench his thirst. Really, he just wanted to get straight to the action and assassinate some Purines, but orders were orders. Maybe someone from the camp would pass by and entertain him in the meantime.

(1)

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: The Looming Conflict (OPEN!)

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2013 6:39 PM

It had been nearly a whole day now that he had spent wondering through this cursed desert trying to find the damned base and he had just about given up when he spotted a tent in the distance. Talcen grinned wickedly and took off racing towards the tent, sanding flying behind him and falling out of his body, as it had settled amongst his gears.

He skidded to a halt in front of the man sitting out front and grinned wildly.  "Reporting for duty, sir."

His tails wagged and he resisted the urge to cackle. It was about time he found his fellow Imperials and he was as excited as can be, no to mention eh was hoping to get out of the cursed sand.

[1]

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/05/2013 11:27 PM

Karon's boredom was finally broken when he looked up and saw a dark shape moving in the distance. Now alert, he stood up straight and reached for the dagger he hid underneath his black and red cloak, just in case it was trouble. As the creature got closer, he could identify it as a Cyber Fellox; nothing else in Evelon had dark fur, elaborate armor, and two tails and paws that blazed with such intense blue flames.

The Cyber Fellox seemed to arrive in much excitement, and if his words were to be believed, then this was an Imperialist ally. But Karon knew better than to trust strangers immediately. This was wartime, after all, and spies could be abound. With a slight frown, he scrutinized the creature and cleared his throat to speak.

"I can't let you in without an identity check," he stated coolly. "What is your name, and do you have proof of your allegiance?" He was, of course, talking mainly about the Imperialist badge, but he would accept other forms of proof.

(2)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2013 11:42 PM

"Talcen Michi, sir. And one moment let me pull out my badge here..." The fellox dug around inside it's fluffy chest before pulling out an imperial badge and dropping it at the man's feet. He grinned widely again and wagged his tails more. "So can I come in now? All this sand is starting to mess with my circuits and the heat is no good for me either."

And without even waiting for an answer he trotted on inside. He needed to get out of the sun and fast. He could feel his circuits start to overload from the heat. "Thanks man. I really needed to get out of the sun." He yawned and stretched before shaking himself out to get rid of the sand. "So how about you? Your name and proof?" He snickered. He may as well get proof this guy was also on his side otherwise he'd have to kill him and that would be too much effort on his part.

[2]

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/06/2013 12:12 AM

Karon waited quietly as the newcomer, Talcen, rummaged around for the badge. He kept a close on on the Fellox the whole time, just in case Talcen tried anything sneaky. When the badge was finally revealed, Karon relaxed his grip on his dagger and stepped aside so the Fellox could enter, but Talcen was one step ahead of him  and had already bounded in. It was slightly irritating since Karon was supposed to be the one permitting entry, but he figured that the Cyber Fellox had a fair enough excuse with the sun and sand. Those were indeed problematic for partly robotic beings, and he didn't want to be held responsible for any medical issues if this Talcen turned out to be a valued member of the Imperialists.

He turned at Talcen's questions and blinked once. He wasn't here to make small talk, but there really was nothing else to do, and getting to know his allies would be useful in the future. "My name is Karon Inmara," the human form Albie replied. He gestured at his cloak, which not only had the Imperialist colors and insignia, but also had his badge pinned over his heart. "My family has had a long history with the Imperialists, and I decided to become a trained assassin for the army. And you?"

(3)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/06/2013 4:47 PM

"Me? Why I'm a spy and a minor god." He grinned sheepishly and tried not to cackle. It really was a bad habit of his to laugh inappropriately. He needed to fix that. "Anyway...It is a pleasure to meet a fellow member finally. I've been out at the damned festival all week and everyone there didn't knew jack. Though if all of their members are that oblivious then perhaps this war will be easy won for us. Wouldn't that be a treat?" He cackled, unable to keep his laughter from escaping his metal throat.

Talcen breathed deeply, trying to collect himself once more before continuing. "So what are your orders? Or the orders from higher up? I'd like to know what exactly I'm supposed to be doing since I took the time out of my busy schedule to trek all the  way out here."

[3]

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/06/2013 6:09 PM

So it turned out that Talcen was a spy, but thankfully he was a spy for the Imperialists. Karon was intrigued when the Fellox mentioned that he was also a minor god, whatever that meant. "And what sort of 'minor god' are you?" he asked. He supposed such a being would be a pleasant boon to their army.

Karon hadn't been to the festival at all yet. Although he knew that some Imperialists were examining that event out of their own interest, he and most of the other troops here had gotten orders not to head over there quite yet. It was probably because the Imperialists wanted to make sure their presence wasn't too easy to discover among the throngs of Purines. If Talcen said that the Purines over there were oblivious, then their plan was working well.

"Well, right now I'm just on lookout duty for this camp," Karon replied to Talcen's question. "But from the sounds of it, we may be mobilizing in a week or so. We're staying here mostly to prepare for upcoming battles. There's talk of strategy, supplies, and whatnot. So really, you're free to do whatever you wish, but if you have information, then I'd suggest you see the captain here."

Karon gestured towards a particularly large tent that served as the camp headquarters. The captain lived inside it, and he merely wanted to point it out in case Talcen had anything to say.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/08/2013 8:40 PM

"Officially I'm the god of technology and industry, unofficially I have been known to create life and take life." Talcen smiled as he began to study the man before him, making sure to memorize his appearance. He could prove to be very useful down the road, or possibly a threat. It would do him well to be prepared for such things.

"I do not currently have any information to relay. I may be of use gathering supplies though. Have you any idea what the army will still need? I can easily help to create new weapons and armor if need be. I have a small collection of hard working velix which will happily work day and night to outfit the army with new gear."

He looked over Karon's current attire and began to mentally map out a new set of light weight armor in his head. It would have to be fierce looking, yet elegant. Silver in color with red stone inlays to decorate the trimming. The cloak could stay as it was, but perhaps the inner lining could use some more hidden pockets to hide more weapons.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/09/2013 5:30 PM

While the taking life part wasn't too impressive, considering that everyone here was trained to do so during the war, it was interesting to note that Talcen could make life and had dominion over technology. Those two things could prove quite useful in the coming conflict. Karon was studying and memorizing the Fellox as much as Talcen was looking over him.

He thought about what still had to be done at the camp. He didn't think there was too much left to manage, but there were some stashes of weaponry and armor that had to be organized. It was fairly menial labor, but getting that done now would save much trouble later. "We do have some supplies that have to be sorted out first," he answered. "If you could get that done, that would be great. Afterwards, you can talk to the captain about creating new weapons and armor. I'm sure someone of your technological capacity can organized everything quickly."

The praise wasn't spoken with much emotion, but it was intended to get Talcen to perhaps like Karon more. Forging bonds was a necessity in the army, and while Karon usually liked working alone, winning someone's heart could work magic for potentially using them later, if he had to. Without waiting to see if Talcen minded doing the chore, Karon headed over to the tent that needed cleaning up. It wasn't too far away, and its gray color stood out from the red, white, and black tents all around them; this distinguished the tents that held supplies. There, he stopped and waited for the Cyber Fellox to catch up.

(5)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate