With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Training in the Heat [P] L/V (DONE)

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 3:49 PM

((This is going to be a speed RP for training points. So the posts will be crappy/short))

"The desert Amdusias? It seems like a strange place to be trekking about you know," Ziegler scanned the area in disapproval. Sand... nothing but sand. For miles... sand. He groaned and swished his tails in annoyance.

"You complain a lot for a scientist" Amdusias snorted at the Kasuga, beginning to get annoyed at the man's constant whining. They had come here to do some hardcore training for the war, not  whine and bitch about sand.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Training in the Heat [P] L/V

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 3:58 PM

"I'm not complaining Amdu. I'm just merely stating a fact," Ziegler looked around again. He wished they had come to a unanimous decision about where they were going to train. Instead, the Nyghtmare had brought them here without saying anything first. Typical.

Amdusias turned his head to the other with a sigh, "And you have a better idea?" a long pause. "That's what I thought. Now come on, let's get to training. I'm sure there are plenty of other creatures out here to fight. You want practice fighting, don't you?"

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 4:03 PM

"I have enough experience in fighting thank you. I don't spend all my time in a laboratory you know," the nerve of this man. Always judging him based on what his job was. Of course he could fight, on the battlefield he was bloodthirsty and ruthless. It was only when he was off it was he calm and composed.

Amdusias replied to him with a chuckle. He wouldn't believe this man could fight until he saw it for himself. "Whatever Ziegler... I'll let you prove it to me yourself before I make a solid decision."

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 4:27 PM

Irritating is what Amdusias was, "Then how about we just fight each other, then I can prove my worth. A spar if you will, not an actual fight to the death."

Was he serious? Amdusias shook his head, "No, we need to be healthy and unharmed if we are to train out here. Especially if we come across something we need our full capacity to defeat." So far this training was going no-where. They have just been standing here bickering at one another.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 4:34 PM

Ziegler was about to make another argument until he spotted something out of the corner of his eye. It was a Sahound wandering the desert wastes. "Amdu... look. I think we may have just found something to train on." He swished his twin tails once more.

Amdusias looked in the direction his companion was looking in. A Sahound indeed... a lone one at that. Didn't these creatures usually hunt in packs? Whatever, it was alone and that was all that mattered. If it were in a pack then that would have been a different situation. "Let's close in on it."

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 5:26 PM

The two nodded at one another, Amdusias going left while Ziegler went on the right. They both watched the unsuspecting Sahound from behind their own hiding places. The hound didn't seem to notice them so far, continuing on its trek through the desert alone. Amdusias looked in Ziegler's direction, giving him a quick nod and a flick of his tail. With one stamp off his hoof he completed the signal for the two to ambush the unsuspecting hound.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 5:35 PM

Ziegler was the first one to arrive at the side of the hound, which quickly started to run as fast as it could away from the Kasuga. Before it could beat a hasty retreat, Amdusias was right in front of it ready to clamp his powerful jaws down on the canine. The equines jaws made contact, stealing the very life of the canine and freezing the limb in place. The hound yelped and tried to bite at Amdusias, who let go right away.

Ziegler stared at the hindered Sahound, the poor thing was writhing in agony. He started to feel a bit sorry for it, but he knew Amdusias wouldn't take him being soft. Quickly, Ziegler raised up and crushed the hound's skull, ending its life with one final blow.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 8:46 PM

Ziegler stood there in front of the corpse, gazing down at it with hollow eyes. The embers in his eyes had burned out as a sign of him having his eyes closed. He felt bad. Bad about killing something that was innocent and just wandering through. The embers returned as he looked back at Amdusias.

"I can tell something is bothering you about what just happened. You feel pity for this creature, don't you?" Amdusias swished his tail back and forth. If he could give his comrade a stern look, he would have. "There is no room for weakness on the battlefield. The weak die, and the strong live. That is the rules of war."

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 8:54 PM

"This creature was innocent Amdu. It didn't need to die the way it did," Ziegler sighed and turned away from the remains of the Sahound.

"Then how do you expect to actually fight in the real war if you can't even handle killing something this small? I thought you were a strong soldier..." Amdusias turned away from Ziegler and began to leave. He always thought the Kasuga was weak, and perhaps this solidified it.

Ziegler chased after him, "Dammit Amdusias! This is different! This was an innocent! The opposing soldiers are not, for they are our enemies. Don't you get it!?"

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/20/2013 9:00 PM

Ziegler stopped dead in his tracks, the fire on his back igniting further. He was angry, angry at his comrade and angry at himself for killing someone who didn't deserve it. Amdusias remained quiet, not giving a response to the Kasuga. The undead had a point, this was someone who was innocent and in no way associated with the Purines, but how else were they supposed to train? Finally he spoke up, "You have a point Ziegler... I'm sorry."

"There must be a different way to train, preferably on something that isn't living," Ziegler thought this was a bit ironic, considering he was of the ranks of the undead. "What about.... testing our techniques on some rocks or something?" hey, it was an idea wasn't it?

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/23/2013 6:30 PM

Amdusias snorted in reply. Practice on rocks? How absurd... but he knew the Kasuga wouldn't be willing to attack something that was living, let alone something that was innocent. He was still dealing with the aftermath of that little stunt. "Fine, whatever you say Ziegler..." he gave a long-drawn out sigh, "We will find some... rocks...." he made it obvious to the other that he hated the idea in his tone of voice.

Ziegler wagged his tails in happiness, "I knew you would come around. Come on, there are plenty of rocks around here to practice on!" the Kasuga trotted over to an unsuspecting rock. He reared up then brought all his weight down on the rock with his hooves, shattering the stone with ease.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

"Good job Ziegler... you killed a rock," Amdusias expressed himself once more in his tone. Obviously bored an unimpressed. He wasn't out here to murder rocks, he was out here to do some honest to God training on other living things. The Kasuga on the other-hand, wanted no part in it. "Look, I will find some other... rocks to train on you---"

"You what?" Ziegler asked, tilting his head at the Nyghtmare. Apparently he was looking at something specific, his silence told him that. The Kasuga looked around, nothing. "Hey, what's up? You aren't speaking to me? HEY!"

Then it hit him... the sand under them... was moving.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Amdusias looked to Ziegler, "We have company..." he looked down at the quaking earth beneath his hooves, if he could harness a guess then he thought it would be a Carpetfang. They were known for their size and ability to burrow underground. There was another thing they were known for--- their venom.

"Carpetfang?" Ziegler asked. He didn't know why Amdusias thought he was so sure that the serpent would attack them, perhaps it was just passing by them. What chance would there be for it to be hosti----

Suddenly the serpent sprang up from the earth, shaking sand off its golden scales and towering over the two. It bared its fangs, venom dripping off them. It was obviously looking for a fight.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/25/2013 10:19 PM

"Shit! I didn't know Carpetfang were this HUGE!" Ziegler reared up, staring directly at the sizable serpent. Said serpent dove quickly back into the sand before the two could react in any way. Ziegler galloped towards Amdusias, wanting to get away from the attacker as fast as possible. "Come on Amdu! We need to get to safer ground!"

Amdusias agreed, they needed to get away from the sand as quickly as possible. If they remained there any longer they would be sitting ducks. "This way, I see a ledge over yonder. We can't afford to sit around," the two began running as fast as possible, easily outrunning the offending serpent.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/25/2013 10:27 PM

They were now way above the serpent. The two needed to come up with a sound strategy to combat the Carpetfang. Rushing into a battle blind was a sure fire way of being killed, and that was something they couldn't afford to risk. Ziegler looked to his companion with a nod, then looked back to the sand that was moving from the Carpetfang's tunneling.

"I have an idea on how to kill this thing," Amdusias said, watching the sand carefully. The two had discussed their strategy, and were ready to go ahead with combating the beast. With their strategy they were sure that it would fall easily.

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next