With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Protection [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:32 PM

Haru Hokkaido, Sulkuhna

“The next time he makes me carry a stack of papers this big, I’m going to string him up with his own robes and smack him with his sword until his teeth fall out,” Haru grouched, tromping along under the weight of a giant stack of papers - forms that her captain had ‘forgotten’ to fill out until now - and growled about her lot in life to no one in particular.

Maybe next time she’d force Sora into helping her carry the papers. Or maybe make him do some of the work. Or maybe she’d just shove it down her captain’s robes and glue him to a wall.

That sounded like her best idea yet.

---------

(Here there be Bleach characters. this is a story I wrote like...way back, a loooooong time ago, and never got around to doing much with. But I'm adding onto it as I go)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Protection [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:33 PM

Haru rounded a corner, feeling her shoulders beginning to sag under the weight. The papers were so damn heavy! Why did the captain always wait until the last minute to turn everything in? And why couldn’t he do his own dirty work himself? She was going to get chewed out for missing at least fourteen deadlines, she was sure of it. But it wasn’t even her fault.

Sometimes she regretted taking the lieutenant position. Maybe it would’ve been easier if-

Haru suddenly barreled into something large and firm. The papers flew from her hands, scattering through the air as the ‘wall’ she’d run into wrapped a pair of warm, strong arms around her. She couldn’t even stop her forward momentum, which carried her and her ‘wall’ to the ground. Haru’s head shot up, and she groaned at the sight of a snow storm of paperwork fluttering around her. “Damn it,” she muttered, letting her head drop back down.

…Where she promptly came face to face with a pair of very startled gray eyes.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:33 PM

“Eh?” Haru blinked, and the eyes blinked back. They looked somewhat familiar, and so did the face attached to them. “What…uh…Oh!” She suddenly realized why the face/eyes combo looked familiar, and tried to leap up. Her progress, however, was hindered by the arms still wrapped tightly around her waist. “3rd Seat Urahara!” Haru squeaked, realizing she’d run into none other than the 3rd seat of squad two, Kisuke Urahara.

Literally.

“Lieutenant Hokkaido?” he asked, looking confused as he raised an eyebrow at her. His gaze drifted up to the flurry of papers, and his mouth stretched into an amused grin as he arched his head to stare up into her eyes. “Fancy running into you here.” He seemed not to realize the compromising position the two of them were in, and grinned cheekily as if she’d done nothing more than wave ‘hello’ in the hallway.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:34 PM

“Uh…y-yeah,” Haru ground out through her embarrassment. Her cheeks were a deep pink, and she was still trying in vain to unwind his arms from her waist. “Urahara, do you think you can let go of me please? It, um, it wouldn’t do for anyone to see us like this, you know.” Haru watched as realization slowly dawned on his face.

The reaction was almost instantaneous.

His face turned beet red, and he immediately scrambled to stand back up. Haru, unfortunately, had still not been let go, so with a squeak, she was dragged upright with him, still clutched in his arms. Kisuke quickly turned his head away in embarrassment and released her as if she had burned him, gluing his arms to his side so the traitorous things couldn’t get him into any more trouble.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

It was too bad his traitorous mouth couldn’t be dealt with so easily.

“Aw, what’s wrong, Haru?” he asked with a bright smile, though his cheeks were still faintly pink. “Don’t like hugs?” He chuckled nervously when she blushed a deeper shade of red and looked down at her sandals. “Um…uh…sorry, that came out wrong. I m-meant…S-sorry for running into you,” Kisuke tried, hoping he could keep his mouth from running away with him.

Haru made it a point not to look up as she quickly began to gather the papers that had scattered all around them. “Oh, it’s, um, it’s no problem, 3rd Seat Urahara,” she said timidly, wishing her cheeks would just go back to normal; she felt like her face was on fire.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Kisuke,” the blonde replied immediately, correcting her almost automatically. He wished people would just use his first name.

Especially people like Haru.

Yeah, he decided, looking down at her and the cute blush on her face and the way she fidgeted as though she could still feel his gaze on her. Yeah, most especially Haru, he decided. He enjoyed hearing her say his name. He almost wished she would look back up at him, but with a sigh, he resigned himself to the fate of helping to pick up the papers he’d inadvertently scattered.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:35 PM

Once the two had a fairly decent sized stack (Kisuke wondered if Haru knew about the paper that was impaled on the branch of the tree near the wall), Kisuke lifted it and cradled it in his arms. “All right, Lieutenant, where to?” he asked curiously. Kisuke blinked when Haru opened her mouth in a small ‘o‘ of surprise, closing it with a quick snap as she stared between his face and the papers.

“N-No,” she protested, trying to take the stack of papers form his hands. Kisuke easily danced out of reach. “I’ll take that. It’s not-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“-a problem? Of course it’s not. Besides, I knocked them out of your hands. The least I can do is help you carry them. So, where to?” Kisuke smiled brightly as Haru blushed again, feeling his own cheeks light up faintly at the thought that she was blushing because of something he’d done or said. It was a nice feeling, to be assured.

“T-this way,” Haru mumbled, defeated, and snuck a glance at him over her shoulder as she started back down the street, leading Kisuke along behind her.

The cramps in his arms were totally worth it, Kisuke realized, when he got a very nice view of Haru from behind. She had a very cute backside, he concluded, eyeing it appreciatively.

Yep, definitely worth it.

-------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“What’s up Haru? You seem distracted today. Was the paperwork that bad?”

Haru ran a frustrated hand over her face, groaning softly. She didn’t want to mention her incident with Kisuke (as strange and interesting as it was), so she said nothing of it to the man beside her. “Yeah, pretty bad. Just…ugh…Why can’t the captain get his act together? Sometimes he’s just so…ugh.”

The man nodded, looking amused as silent laughter shone in his eyes; he knew better than to laugh at Haru when she was frustrated. She was likely to knock him off the wall. A friendly silence settled between the two Soul Reapers, before Haru finally broke it with a question that startled the dark haired soul reaper at her side.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:39 PM

“Sora, you and I…we’ll always be together, right?”

Sora turned to look at the girl beside him. The sun was just setting, casting a deep orange glow over her face. Her dark blue hair was illuminated like fire, and her large, pink eyes weren’t trained on him, but on the horizon. His own short hair looked less like it’s original black and more like a myriad of flames, brown eyes thoughtful as he watched her.

“Haru, you shouldn’t ask questions like that; it makes you sound like a kid,” he scoffed, leaning back on the wall and folding his arms behind his head. He was grateful for the faint shadows the sunset cast over his face; he didn’t want Haru to see his smile. “Besides, it’s kinda stupid to think we’ll always be together. We’re soldiers; we fight and we die. It‘s just what we do and it’s part of being a Soul Reaper. Something might happen one day, and we won’t be able to do anything to stop it.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:39 PM

“Don’t say things like that, you jerk!”

SMACK.

“Ow, damn it, Haru! What was that for?!” Sora rubbed the side of his face where Haru had smacked him, trying valiantly not to pout as she narrowed her eyes at him. Men don’t pout, he reminded himself. Besides, acting like a child would just give Haru the satisfaction of thinking she was right. Never mind that she usually was…

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:40 PM

“For being such an insensitive idiot,” she scolded, folding her arms over her chest. “I mean, we’re obviously going to be together forever, stupid. I don’t plan on dying anytime soon, and neither should you. We’ve gotten this far together, so I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Sora grumbled, turning away from the girl at his side and focusing on the sunset. It cast such lovely hues of orange and red, and he decided that they needed to sit up here more often. “I guess.”

-------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:40 PM

“Head Captain Yamamoto. You summoned me, sir?”

The head captain tapped his cane once, leaning forward ever so slightly from his seat. The meeting hall was larger than Haru remembered; or maybe it was because she was standing alone in the middle of it. Either way, she felt very small compared to the head captain on his high seat with his scrutinizing gaze.  

“We’ve had reports of a massive Hollow infestation in the Rukongai. While these reports are disturbing, we don’t think they are any true threat to the Soul Society. However, we are obligated to investigate these occurrences. Lieutenant Haru Hokkaido.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:41 PM

Haru bowed quickly. “Sir,” she responded immediately, and her voice sounded anxious even to her ears.

“You will take two others with you to investigate these reports. Return with your findings, and engage in battle only if necessary. Is that understood?”

Haru lifted her head slightly, staring up at the head Captain on his raised platform. His eyes regarded her thoughtfully and without question. “Go now, and choose your team. I expect a full report upon your return.”

“Yes, Head Captain. I won’t fail you, sir.” Haru bowed deeply, then turned on her heel in a flurry of robes and walked out through the double doors that led out of the assembly area. As they shut behind her, Haru turned her head only slightly to the right, a small smile on her face at the shadowy figure leaned against the wall. “Eavesdropping again? You know the head captain was probably aware that you were out here all along.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:42 PM

Sora stepped out of the shadows in irritation, arms folded and a scowl on his face. “I’m sure he was,” he agreed. “But I wanted to know what was up. Hollow infestation, eh?”

“Let me guess,” Haru sighed. “You want to be on the team.”

“You know me so well.”

“Anyone else you’d like to recommend?”

“There’s always Kisuke.”

“Whaaaaat?” Haru turned to Sora with a sour look as they tromped through the hallways. “But he’s from Squad 2. Why not someone from our own squad?”

Sora shrugged flippantly. “Don’t you ‘whaaaaat’ me. Kisuke is good at what he does. So what if he’s not from our squad? He’s fast, he’s quiet, and he knows how to conduct these types of investigations; it’s his specialty. He’d be a valuable asset to the mission. Besides, I trust him.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next