With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Protection [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:43 PM

“You barely even know him.”

“Haru, he was only a few years ahead of you and I at the academy. I sparred with him a couple times and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. Weird as hell, but nice. And he knows how to handle a sword, too. He nearly beat me to a pulp the last time we sparred.”

“He beat you?”

“Yeah…”

“That’s pretty funny.”

SMACK.

“OW! Sora, what was that for?!”

“Stop being stupid.”

“Urgh, fine! Kisuke can come. You’re so meeeeaaan, Sora!”

“Stop your whining and let’s go get Kisuke!”

“Fine!”

Besides, Sora thought grimly, Kisuke and I have some things to discuss.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:45 PM

----------

“Hey there, Kisuke!”

Haru smacked a hand over her face as Sora barged into the Second squad captain’s office. Or headquarters. Or whatever it was. Haru was certain it was too big to be called an official office.

Well, whatever it was, Sora had just walked in uninvited.

Kisuke looked startled, and the purple haired captain of squad two didn’t look all that thrilled to have her conversation interrupted. “What do you want, 3rd seat?” she groused, dropping her chin into her palm. Haru quickly shuffled forward, bowing apologetically and grabbing Sora’s arm. She would’ve yanked him outside and forced him to repeat his entrance a little more formally and a lot less idiotically, but he stood firm, and Haru wasn’t able to get him to budge an inch.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:46 PM

“Apologies, captain. My friend here forgot his manners. We didn’t mean to barge in like-”

“You’re the lieutenant from squad five, aren’t you?”

Haru blinked, surprised. She’d always assumed the lieutenants were invisible when it came to the notice of other captains. Certainly, most of the squads tended to keep to themselves. So to have a captain that was not her own take notice of her was a bit odd. Did Yoruichi really know who she was? Or was she just really good at guessing games?

“Y-yes, captain. I’m Haru-”

“Hokkaido. Yes, now I recognize you,” Yoruichi muttered, suddenly leaning forward with a wide grin. Oh, Haru thought anxiously. She does know who I am. “I’ve heard quite a bit about the two of you from Kisuke.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:47 PM

“W-what?” Haru squeaked, her eyes glancing towards the pale blonde man sitting beside Yoruichi. She could see the faintest of blushes on his cheeks, and a blush of her own colored her face lightly. Sora didn’t seem to notice, but he was surprised to hear what Yoruichi said.

“You’ve heard about both of us? I didn’t know Kisuke even knew Haru.”

“I don’t!”

“He doesn’t!”

Haru and Kisuke both shot wide-eyed looks at one another, before quickly looking away. The memory of the ’incident’ from a few days ago still hung heavily in the back of their minds. Haru was certain she’d be better off if she could just melt into the floor. Kisuke was feeling the same way, especially with Sora shooting him dirty looks every couple seconds.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:47 PM

“Geeze, Haru, you’re so awkward,” Sora muttered. “Anyway, what has 3rd Seat Urahara been saying about us, Captain Shihoin? I’m very curious to know.” The look he shot Kisuke was piercing; he didn’t know what the 3rd seat of squad two had been saying about Haru, but he wasn’t too happy about the fact that Kisuke seemed to know anything about her…at all. What kind of game was he playing?

“Oh, a little of this and that. He said you two caused quite a stir at the academy. So inseparable, you even ended up in the same squad, and were offered the same position. I also heard you turned down the lieutenant position before Haru was offered it after you. Surprising, but not unheard of.” Her eyes slid to Haru, and her grin widened, gold eyes glinting. “He also told me that you had a particularly interesting zanpakutō. What’s it’s name?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:48 PM

“O-Omamori,” Haru stuttered, looking down at the sword strapped securely to her obi sash. It looked innocent enough (for a sword) and she wondered just how much Yoruichi actually knew about her and her zanpakutō.

“Ah, even it’s name is different. So you are a protector more so than a fighter, hm?”

“I-I suppose,” Haru continued, glancing quickly at Sora and making sure to keep her eyes anywhere but on Kisuke. She was feeling a little uncomfortable with this strange woman’s attention focused solely on her. Yoruichi’s eyes were unnerving, and Kisuke’s stare wasn’t helping either; gritting her teeth, she silently wished he would just stare at the wall or something, as long as it wasn‘t her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:49 PM

“I see,” the purple haired captain hummed, nodding her head. “Well, anyway, what did the two of you want? I expect this isn’t a social call. Did you need me for something?”

“Actually,” Sora cut in, shooting a look at Kisuke that made the man flinch. “We’re here for him. The head captain wants us to go on a mission to the Rukongai. We’re here to drag him along with us.”

“M-me?” Kisuke stammered, pointing at himself. He looked confused, and rightly so. He wasn’t in their squad, and Haru and Sora hadn‘t had much contact with him…barring the embarrassing ‘incident‘ she‘d conveniently forgotten to tell Sora about. She‘d really rather forget all that. “What do you need me for?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:50 PM

“Oh, just shut up and come with us,” Sora grouched, stomping over to grab Kisuke by the back of his robes.

“Gak! Hey, let go, Sora! I can walk!”

“See ya, captain Shihoin!” Sora called over his shoulder, ignoring a protesting Kisuke and dragging him through the doors. Haru looked between a grinning Yoruichi and the doors, before she bowed deeply in the captain’s direction.

“Sorry about all this, captain. It’s just a quick mission, nothing to be too concerned over. Have a pleasant evening. We’ll return Kisuke in the same condition he left in, I promise.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:50 PM

“No worries, lieutenant. Good luck on your mission.”

Haru blushed deeply, and bowed again before she took off through the doors. She nearly collided head first into Sui-Feng who had just rounded the corner to Yoruichi’s quarters. The younger girl looked flustered, and opened her mouth to quickly apologize, but Haru beat her to it. “Oh, Kami, sorry, Sui-Feng! Didn’t see ya there. I’ve got to be on my way, though. Bye!”

Sui-Feng blanched, looking faintly confused as the lieutenant shot past her and took off after Sora and Kisuke. “Um…bye?”

------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:51 PM

“Kisuke.”

Kisuke glanced over at Sora; the two of them were standing near the gates, waiting for Haru to catch up. If Kisuke didn’t know any better, he’d have to say that Sora left her in the dust on purpose. The blonde man gulped when Sora shifted and focused a flat-stare in his direction.

“Listen, I don’t know how you knew anything at all about Haru, especially not enough to tell Yoruichi about, and I’m curious You were too far ahead of us in the academy to have had any instruction with her, and she was in all my classes and at my level the entire time…not to mention she was practically living in my shadow. So I don’t know how you could’ve gathered any information about her…or why. And both of you say you don’t know the other. I find the fact that you know anything about her at all, yet deny knowing her personally, odd.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:52 PM

Kisuke rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling nervously. “Listen, Sora, it’s kind of my job to know things about people and…uh, Haru was no different.”

“You knew about her zanpakutō.”

“Uh…yeah…”

“Only the captain and I know what her Shikai is. She’s never released it in front of anyone that I am aware of. So how could you have known that it was ‘particularly interesting,’ I wonder?”

“I-I just did.”

“Bullshit!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:52 PM

Kisuke was suddenly lifted off his feet and slammed against the wall. Sora’s hand was fisted in the front of his robes. He hadn‘t even seen the darker haired man move; when did he get so fast? “Listen you,” Sora hissed. “You might be able to get away with playing dumb with everyone else, but it ain’t gonna work with me. I’m not stupid, and I’m not blind. I don’t know if you’re stalking her, or you’re lusting after her or what…but whatever feelings you got for Haru, I suggest you forget about them now, all right?”

Kisuke frowned, his happy-go-lucky and oblivious exterior fading away as his hands closed over Sora’s, removing them carefully from his robes. His voice was low when he spoke, and his hands tightened imperceptibly. He didn’t miss Sora’s faint wince as he heard the bones in his knuckles creak audibly. “I don’t think you can tell me how I can and can’t feel, Sora.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:53 PM

Sora felt his eye twitch, and he contemplated beating Kisuke so far into next week, they wouldn’t find him until Sunday. “I sure as hell can. Just leave Haru alo- Wait! You damned prick! You mean you actually DO feel something for her?! When the fuck did that happen? You don‘t even know her!”

Kisuke smiled grimly, his eyes glaring flatly down at the man. “No, but I know OF her. I’ve seen the kindness in her eyes, her smiles, the way she treats others, her strength. Everything about her. I see all of those things and more. Sometimes I don’t think you do, Sora. Haru isn’t just some useless dog that will follow you everywhere endlessly and loyally, you know. She does have a life of her own. But I don’t think you know that. You see her as yours, don’t you?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:54 PM

His eyes narrowed almost imperceptibly. “You see her as nothing more than your shadow, when she could and should be so much more. You just don’t SEE her, Sora. I do. I always have. At the academy, when she was struggling to keep up with you, I watched her fall behind time and again, only to push on. Always trying to keep up, always trying to be as good as you. I don’t remember ever seeing you pick her up when she needed it most. You taught her how to swing a sword, big whoop. But you didn’t give her what she really needed, Sora.”

“And you think you can?” Sora hissed venomously, the anger pouring through his veins and clouding his vision. His vision blurred and ran red for only a brief, weakened moment. Maybe bringing Kisuke along wasn’t a good idea. “Haru doesn’t-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 2:56 PM

“Doesn’t what, Sora?” Kisuke asked seriously, interrupting him. “Doesn’t have a chance to see that there could be something or some ONE else out there besides you? How long has she been so blindly infatuated with you? And how long have you done nothing about your feelings? Sooner or later, Sora, she’s going to get tired of waiting…and then what? I think you‘re just afraid that she‘ll find someone else. Something better. What if she does, Sora? Would you deny her the chance to find happiness in someone else?”

“Shut up!” Sora snarled. “You don’t know anything about Haru and I. You don’t know anything about the way we feel about each other, got it? And you sure as hell don’t stand a chance with her. So don’t talk about things you don’t understand.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext