With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Walk On By [P] [L,V]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:09 PM

Gen, Smilokuhna

In hindsight, she should’ve kept walking.

Let those fucking shinigami tear each other apart. What do I care?

The scuffle in the forest (If you could call it a scuffle) wasn’t exactly low-key. Bastards sure are causing a fuss.

The sound of metal against metal and cries of pain as that same said metal cut through flesh was annoying. Feh. The woman scratched her ear with her pinky, her steel-lined geta crunching in the dirt as she strolled along parallel to the battle. All she had to do was keep walking, and she’d be able to forget about the gut-wrenching cries and the sharp, metallic smell of blood coming from the direction of the fight.

---------

(Here there be Bleach characters)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Walk On By [P] [L,V]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:10 PM

Just keep walking. It ain’t got nothin’ to do with me.

“Bakudō number nine; Geki.”

Being unconcerned was harder than it looked, she decided, when her body abruptly froze in place and lit up with an eerie, red glow. “Che,” she muttered, unable to move her arms to reach for the sword strapped to her back. She hadn’t anticipated being seen, let alone stopped in her tracks. This was definitely a new one for her. Sonuvabitch

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“I must say, I am amazed that such a low level reiatsu was able to escape my notice for so long. I’m afraid you’ve stumbled into something that doesn’t concern you.”

The woman glanced up as a man in standard shinigami robes melted from the shadows. At his side, a small boy with silver hair and an unnatural grin was following. The man was wearing a pair of dark glasses, his brown hair and brown eyes a perfect match for one another. He had a kind smile on his face as he spoke, but from the tone of his words, there was nothing ‘kind’ about him.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Pff, I didn‘t stumble into shit. I ain’t got any business with you. So let me go, and maybe I’ll reconsider killing you.” A smirk curled up over her lips, the only part of her she could still move without a massive amount of effort.

The man’s face registered only mild surprise at her rather bold statement. He lifted one eyebrow, a curious look passing through his eyes. “You? Kill me? Laughable. You aren’t even strong enough to become a shinigami, yet I see from the sword on your back that your zanpakutō has already manifested itself. That would mean you must be incredibly weak. So I’ll just save you the trouble of living; I imagine it would be rather bothersome to continue such a worthless existence.” He waved his hand carelessly, and the red glow dissipated.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:11 PM

The woman suddenly found that she was able to move again. Another smirk curved across her lips as she reached over her shoulder to grasp the hilt of her sword. “My, that’s very kind of you. But I didn’t come here with any intention of dyin‘. Hell, I didn’t even come here with any intention to fight. You shinigami assholes stir up enough trouble for us regular souls as it is; I just wanted to be sure ya weren’t doing something really fuckin’ stupid.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:11 PM

The blade slid from it’s sheath, the metallic grind of metal loud in the suddenly still night. The woman held the sword inn front of her, hilt grasped in both hands as she circled around her opponent, her geta clacking in the dirt. “So whatcha been up to? Word around the Rukongai is that a buncha you bastards have been disappearing lately. You know anythin’ about that?” Her eyes darted over his shoulder as she moved from the shadows into the clearing, and for the first time, she saw what all the fuss had really been about.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:12 PM

“Hn. Them white robes mean they’re cap’ns, don’t they?” There was a myriad of unconscious bodies laying about in various states of what looked remarkably like…some kinda weird Hollow-ness. She could smell the dense, heavy scent of blood, and it nearly made her gag. There was a hell of a lot of it.

“Correct,” the man said simply, seemingly unconcerned with the fact that the woman was steadily inching around him towards the scene of the battle. “My, you certainly are astute.” The sarcasm was almost hard to miss, but it made the woman snarl like a dog.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:12 PM

“How uncouth. You low-level souls shouldn’t even be allowed to breath the same air as us shinigami.” From beside the man, a soft, almost inaudible giggle sounded, and the woman’s eyes darted quickly to the boy and his creepy, infuriating smile.

“Che, jackass. You’re just like all the rest. Think yer better’n me ‘cuz you got a fancy sword and robes? Well, I got a sword too.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:13 PM

When she reached one of the shinigami lying on the ground, she nudged him with the toe of her geta. He twitched once, his neck craning as he turned his head to stare up at her through bleary, unfocused eyes. Half his face was covered in a bone-like mask, it’s white teeth glinting eerily in the moonlight. “Oi. You. Blondie. What the fuck did he do to ya?”

The man gurgled something in the back of his throat and twitched again. “Hollow…Aizen…” he managed weakly, slumping back on the ground as his eyes began to roll.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:19 PM

“Fuckin’ useless,” the woman spat, her eyes darting back up to the man with glasses. “Not that I like these guys ‘r nothin’, but I think this is the point in time where I’m ‘sposed to try and stop ya. I don’t give a rat’s ass what you do to other shinigami, but knowing your kind, you ain’t gonna stop at just the ‘bastards with swords.’ Prolly gonna go catch yerself some guinea pigs in the Rukongai next, if ya haven’t already.”

The man simply inclined his head to the side, looking fairly unconcerned. “Hm. This is quite pointless. Kaname.”

“Aizen-sama.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

The woman felt a chill roll down her spine, and barely managed to dodge as a sword sliced through the air where she’d been standing only moments ago. A man with dark skin and empty eyes stood in her place, holding his sword out to his side. “I missed,” he muttered, looking down at the ground in faint annoyance.

The woman didn’t see it that way; she was clutching at a rather large gash on her stomach which was steadily weeping red. The plain clothes she wore were slowly bleeding a dark crimson as she stabbed the tip of her sword into the ground to maintain her balance. “Missed? I’d say ya got me,” she muttered, pulling her hand from her abdomen and wincing as it came away sticky and dark with blood.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“I meant to slice you in half. That scratch counts as a miss,” the man intoned quietly. He raised his blade, holding it in front of him. “However…” The blade clacked as he twisted it at an angle, readying himself to lunge. “I won’t miss the next time.”

“Feh, bring it on, jackass.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“How crude,” Kaname commented, before he flickered out of view. The woman gasped, unable to track his movements, before a sword suddenly appeared in her line of sight and arced in her direction, whistling through the air towards her neck.

“Shi-!”

She didn’t even manage to finish her expletive before she suddenly found the sword blocked by another. The clash of metal on metal was deafening and she blinked when she realized the captain she’d nudged earlier (Blondie, right?) had managed to struggle to his knees and re-draw his sword. He was the one who had stopped the blade. The man called Kaname leapt back, visibly surprised at being foiled in his second attack.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:20 PM

“Oi! Blondie!”

The woman chucked one of her geta at the man, and it knocked him in the back of the head, nearly sending him sprawling back onto the ground. She marched over, grabbing her discarded sandal, and promptly whacked him upside the head again. He cried out, clutching the back of his head and finally succumbing to the pain. This time, he did sprawl out on the ground, twitching and groaning softly. “What’s….yer…problem?” he managed in a raspy voice that sounded, to her ears, oddly distorted. “Just keepin’ ya…alive….”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:20 PM

“I didn’t ask fer yer help, asshole. Stay outta this!”

A slow, melodic chuckle drew both of their attention back to the man with the glasses. “My, my, Hirako-taichou. So you can still move? It seems I’ve underestimated you once again.” His gaze slowly shifted to the left, landing on the woman with a startlingly heavy weight. “And you. Such a nuisance. Bugs like you deserved to be killed on sight, not allowed to run their mouths like uncivilized thugs.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next