With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Walk On By [P] [L,V]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:22 PM

His sandals clicked against the dirt as he strolled forward, one hand falling to the sword as his waist as he drew it from it’s sheath. His two companions stayed behind, watching unenthusiastically as their ring-leader prepared to dispatch his what they considered to be nothing more than a nuisance. “You’ve been lucky thus far, but no more. I am afraid this is well and truly it.” His gaze slid meaningfully to the man he called Hirako-taichou, and he smiled faintly. “For the both of you.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:23 PM

“I don’t think so,” the woman snarled, raising her sword despite the wound on her stomach. “I don’t plan on dyin’ today. Hell no.”

She braced her arm as his sword fell, gliding through the air towards her. The clash of the swords striking one another nearly threw her off balance, but the more disconcerting aspect of the meeting of blades was the fact that there was not two, but three. Despite the gravity of the situation, the woman couldn’t help but blink in confusion, her eyes following the line of the third, unanticipated blade until she met the eyes of it’s owner.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:24 PM

The man in the glasses leapt back as the owner of the third blade landed lightly beside the woman. “Who the hell are you?” she demanded, breaking the uneasy silence that had descended on the clearing. The man in the dark uniform flinched slightly and glanced quickly at her as if he wasn’t entirely sure why she was there, before immediately returning his attention back to the man in glasses and his two companions who had surrounded him.

“Well, more unexpected guests…how very interesting. To what do I owe the honor, Urahara-taichou, Tsukabishi-shirei?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:25 PM

Another captain? These guys are like weeds, the woman thought, gritting her teeth as the wound on her stomach pulled painfully.

The two men who had arrived stood in front of her, silent even as the dark skinned man spoke. “Kill them.”

“No,” the bespectacled man replied quietly. “Don’t.”

“But Aizen-sama-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:25 PM

“Kaname.” The woman saw the man’s eyes flash as he turned to glance over his shoulder. “I think I made myself clear.” She felt a considerable drop in the temperature around them, and the dark skinned swordsman instantly fell to one knee, apologizing immediately.

“Che,” she spat, an amused smile darting across her face.

Her soft sound of amusement seemed to have garnered the attention of the man in black and his strangely garbed companion, who spared her a quick, confused glance, and inched back towards her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:26 PM

She immediately inched away, only to stumble into Hirako-taichou, who had struggled back up onto his knees. “Shit!” she cried as she tripped and landed hard on the ground, wincing as her backside impacted with considerable force. “Jackass…” But the man with the blonde hair wasn’t paying her any attention; he seemed to be struggling for breath, his shoulders heaving.

“K-Kisuke…Why’d you come here? Idiot…” he rasped, his visible eye narrowing.

The man he called Kisuke looked surprised, and his voice was entirely too light, considering the situation. “Shinji-kun? What is up with that hideous mask?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:26 PM

The woman shook her head, tempted to chuck a sandal at the man and tell him to shut the hell up and do something useful, when a sudden, throbbing pain developed in her lower jaw. She winced, one hand reaching up to rub tenderly at her chin, and the other clutching her sword to her chest. Ow…fuck…what the hell is-

She coughed loudly, drawing in a ragged breath as something that tasted vaguely like ash slid through her throat and dribbled down her chin. “What-?” The viscous liquid was pure white in substance, and vaguely resembled the liquid that had coated the blonde captain’s left cheek, shoulder and chest. Frantically, the woman reached up, intending to wipe the liquid away with her hand, but before she was able, it suddenly hardened and burst, sprouting from her throat and eye in a mass of white.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:27 PM

She cried out, fingers clawing at her face as the liquid began to inch up along her neck, crawling unpleasantly along her skin until it covered her right half from brow to breast.

“What…What’s going…on?” she managed, and her voice had the same, distorted quality as that Hirako man’s did. She felt her world spinning and falling, and realized she was tipping to the side, unable to stop herself from slamming into the dirt beside her. “Fuckin‘…shini…gami…” She lifted her head, her movements feeling heavy and labored, and glared up at the man with the glasses from behind the white bone of her mask.
“You…”

There was a sharp tugging at her side, and her eye swiveled around, searching for the source until she saw that the Hirako man was hovering over her, his own face contorted with pain as he stared down at her. “The fuck…is goin’…on…” she rasped, before her world plummeted into darkness.

------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:27 PM

The first thing she realized when she awoke was that there was something digging painfully into her back.

Groaning, the woman rolled over onto her side and buried her face in her arms. Her whole damn body ached like a bitch and the idea of standing didn’t appeal very much to her hazy senses. She managed to crack open an eyelid, and immediately slammed it shut again when the light pierced her sensitive retinas. “Shiiiiit…” she muttered, rolling back over onto her back and throwing an arm over her eyes.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:28 PM

And there it was again.

“What the fuck am I laying on?”

“My foot.”

The woman’s head shot straight up, and light be damned, her eyes snapped open. She winced briefly before managing to focus on the source of the voice. “Blondie.” The blonde man in question, otherwise known as Hirako-taichou, glowered at her from where he sat propped up against what looked like the inside of a hut.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“My name isn’t ‘Blondie.’ Now get the hell off my foot. It’s starting to fall asleep.” He wiggled his toes as if to emphasize his point, and the woman growled as they dug deeper into her back.

“All right, Blondie, don’t get yer panties in a bunch.” With another groan, the woman rolled off of his foot and sat up, rubbing sleepily at her eyes. “Where the fuck are we, anyway? What happened to that prissy shinigami bastard with the glasses?” Her eyes suddenly widened, as if remembering, and she suddenly patted at her chest and cheek. “And what the hell was with that crap on my face?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Shinji grumbled as he struggled to his feet, using the wall for support. “My name isn’t ‘Blondie,’” he repeated venomously. “It’s Hirako-taichou.” The sound of a snort from the woman beside him made him jerk his head towards her, and he glowered. “What the hell is so funny?”

“Buddy, you ain’t a cap’n no more. Even I know that. Look around ya, idiot. We ain’t in the Sereitei  or the Rukongai. I ain’t got a clue where we are, but we ain’t at home.” She lifted her eyes to shoot him a flat stare, and a smirk curled over her face. “Hirako-taichou. What the fuck is your real name?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:29 PM

“Che.” Shinji glanced away, at the door to the ramshackle hut, and scowled. “Shinji,” he said finally. He could feel her gaze on him, and quickly whipped his head towards her. “What?!” he demanded, feeling a growl bubble up into his chest.

“Nothin’,” the woman replied nonchalantly, waving her hand. “Just wonderin’ why it was so hard to say that in the first place.” She struggled to rise, taking a leaf out of Shinji’s book and using the wall to support herself. Much to his surprise, she immediately lifted her shirt up over her stomach, touching the dark, smooth skin beneath. “Hm. Coulda swore…Wonder what happened to th’ wound? It ain’t here.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:29 PM

“What’s your name?” Shinji finally demanded, deciding he didn’t feel like referring to the girl as ‘Hey you,’ if they were to spend any time at all together. She didn’t seem forthcoming with a name; he’d expected to get one in return when he gave her his, but she seemed relatively unconcerned about him as she checked herself over for more wounds.

He watched her hand travel over her back to grip the hilt of a sword, and felt his impatience rise as she seemed to be satisfied with something or other and promptly turned towards the door.

“It’s been a fuckin’ slice, shinigami,” she called as she hopped off the deck inside the hut. “But I got better places to be. Ja ne.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/03/2014 9:30 PM

Shinji’s eyes widened as she moved towards the door, only to be blocked by a figure shrouded in shadow and obscured by the light behind him.

“Sorry, miss,” the figure said kindly. When he stepped into the hut, both Shinji and the woman blinked, catching a good look at the mystery man. “But I’m afraid I can’t let you go.”

“Kisuke,” Shinji murmured, his eyes lowering.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext