With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 12:22 AM

Zelosis grunted at Areion's return comment. "Well, well I LIKE cotton candy!" So there. "I'd rather look like something sweet and delicious then a little bugger that people wanna swat and/or get squished on windshields." No, the 'little bugger' wasn't referring to the Albie's height at all, but liked saying that much more then just 'bug'. "Oh, nope! Not being eccentric, planning ahead. I'll have to give one to Yanora and one to Toxie. That leaves four for myself." He suddenly flinched at what horrible thoughts came into his head. He had that sudden split second of fear that only one person could cause. "Something tells me that some will go missing...."
But her perked back up, taking the six that he had ordered. "Thank you, kind sir." And soon held one of the key chains out to Toxicosis. "Come on. I know you really do want to have one."

Toxicosis watched as everything proceeded. When Zelosis turned to her, she sighed and yet still held out her hand, which he soon dropped it into without making contact. She took a good look at it before latching it onto one of the loops on her pants. Hey, she didn't carry a purse like many females. Once that was settled, she starting shooed him with one hand. "Let us continue. We don't want to waste all of our time."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2844
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 12:52 AM

One thing that both Zelosis and Toxicosis shared were their odd looks at Areion when he put the keychains on his horns of all places, though each in their own ways. "That doesn't sound so bad." The young women tossed her opinion out, much doubting that it would even matter in the end. "I'd say it sounds just lovely." The pink male responded as they walked, slightly returning to his more formal nature now that they were walking out in more open public. "That milkbottle game..." He then considered gaining something of his own from the games, but only fleetingly.

It wasn't too much longer that Toxicosis pointed out the game Areion suggested. "I'd say this carnival was meant for the strange needs you two have." She also remarked. Everything just seemed set up so perfectly. Ah well. The internal girlie girl, where ever the heck that was deep, deep down inside her soul, was actually happy. It was telling her how much she should love stuffed toys that were usually the prizes of these said games. A very subtle hint of this showed in her eyes, but was likely not to be able to be read. And the guys were too busy to really look at notice, she was sure.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 1:59 AM

The Lucain pulled the ribbons of tickets out of his pocket, handing over the requested amount to Areion without any objection. While he had them out, he turned to Toxicosis, it only being right to offer them up to her. "Would you care to give it a go?" Toxicosis shook her head. "No...No thank you." So her inner girlie girl wanted stuffies, but she wouldn't act on that. Besides, she doubted this game was one for her.
"If you're sure." Zelosis put the tickets safely away once more. "So, anything you're looking for?" casual conversation attempt with Areion. You know, just for talking sake. And hey, if Areion was gonna play a carnival game, why not ask that?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 3:05 AM

Toxicosis frowned. "Ah, I very much doubt these games are my thing." And Zelosis spoke up too. "Somehow, I don't see much use for me to play. Niti wouldn't care too much for any of these...Yune isn't much into them....Nor is Toxicosis, I'd assume." Only he was wrong right there. His usual observational self wasn't so...clear tonight, I suppose.

Toxicosis took to leaning up against the frame of the stand, saying nothing to the Lucain's comment. Without appearing very excited, she watched as Areion proceeded in his game. Well, guess his aim wasn't as good as it was two years ago. Not that she could blame him if that was the case. But dang, that meant she couldn't even have a stuffed animal to casually steal from him.

Zelos also watched in silence, ears tweaking randomly. No...so far Areion really wasn't doing so hot. Oh, he hoped that the lady working wouldn't get blamed for the damage done to the stand. That's be horrible.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 3:37 AM

Silence. All that filled Areion's preparation.

When the ball made contact with the milk bottles, Toxicosis whined. Her ears were back against her skull as if in sudden pain. Oh how she hated sudden loud noises like that. Her hearing was wonderful, but fragile because of it. She would have exclaimed shock if she wasn't suddenly upset and Zelos beat her to it.
He'd looked wide eyed. That was impressive and he didn't expect such a thing. After he'd missed the first two, it became even more of a shock."Awesome shot!" Yes, he'd picked up words from this world easily enough over time.
He quickly fell into thought, not exactly having any preferences toward what should be chosen. As most men would think - teddy bear. Most girls liked them, and that's generally what males did with them. Not the case here. Maybe mallet. He was about to speak but, "I...like snakes..." Toxicosis grumbled, being as helpful as she could.  

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 4:23 AM

An unsure look plastered onto her face, somewhat hesitating but still accepting the big stuffed creature since it was being handed along as a gift. Some girlie girl her inner girl was, liking snakes. "Erm. You could have always gotten a mallet and attacked Zelos." She remarked. She seemed happy though, having gotten a big snake. She was already holding it in one of those hugging holds, tossing the extra tail length around her shoulders.

"Hey now. That wouldn't be very nice." Zelos replied. "Then I'd have to get a mallet of my own and you'd get stuck between a war. And none of us want that!"

"I see some more interesting rides that away." The women gestured with one hand, which was holding the head of her new snakey. Yep. She had her own personal dose of glee.  

And those two just starting walking off. No use to stand around while trying to decide. They could just let their feet take them there.

"So when you learn to throw like that?" Zelos questioned. The way Areion did things, it was different from most people these days.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 4:02 PM

Zelos made a sort of quiet grumbling sound when he was poked and Toxicosis just let mental images of the two beating each other with the mallets fill her head as they walked. "I suppose...it does. They're usually venomous too." She said absently mindedly. It was the truth.

"A gang?" Zelosis spoke up with some surprise. The Fellox also turned to look at Areion in interest, even if she speak like her house mate did. "Well I'd say that's a bit unexpected....And....not..." He commented. He didn't have too much time to linger on this, however, as he spotted the gaint farriswheel nearby. He froze suddenly. Something about it amused him, despite it not being an 'intense' ride like many of the others. "Let's go!" He said excitedly, not even thinking about it when he grabbed both Areion and Toxicosis' wrists to drag them quickly along into the enclosed line.

When Zelos grabbed her wrist, she almost went cold. She tried to escape from the grasp, but had to run just to keep up and not fall flat on her face. Getting loose was useless. What was he doing! The idiot trying to kill himself!?!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2007 4:37 PM

And that's how it was. Zelos didn't stop until they were inside the lines, enclosed and trapped between the bars and strange stone walls. The platform for getting onto the ride was down, lower then the ground. Hence, it was sort of like a little cage. When he'd dragged them all the way there, he halted to a stop and released both of those he was with. The venom was already working it's way into him, but he'd somehow managed to forget. "We'll be able to see the whole park from up there!"

Shortly after he got this out, he got a little woozy and faint. He could feel something within him change...feeling sick and in pain. "Whoa..." He leaned back against one of the railings. The poison already taking a great effect. The accelerated beating of his heart surely didn't help the matter.

But Toxicosis could dare not to forget. "Idiot!! You trying to get yourself killed?!" She said right after she'd managed to get free, watching him as he took to the bar for support. She yanked the necklace off from around her neck hastily [over her head]. But she couldn't give it to him, the vile hanging from it that held the antidote. She tossed it up, so the ring chain would land on one of Areion's horns, afraid that he'd drop it if she just threw it at him. "GIVE IT TO HIM!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/22/2007 5:10 PM

Even in a dying moment, Zelosis' body tensed up...more than it already was. He tried to flinch away, but it didn't exactly work right now. Yes, he feared Bangori more than dying! Considering that he was at least still able to think, his mind was in pure horror. Just wonderful, fear accelerates one's heartbeat as well. That gay man was literally going to be the death of him at this rate.

Toxicosis growled. "He's dying!"Oh good lord, why did this guy have to appear now? In her haste, she completely shoved Bangori out of the way, as she wasn't afraid of him, passing on toxins into him for those few short seconds of contact. His medical case wouldn't need to be treated as fast as the Lucain's, though the venom was already slowing working its way through his system.
Clapping her hands together in front of Areion in attempt to get his attention, she spoke, "Areion! Give him the dang antidote!!! He's poisoned!"She pointed to Zelos now, not quite caring about the second poisoned person here.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/23/2007 7:35 PM

The Fellox stared at Areion wide eyed. She didn't have time to object to him taking the antidote himself. "Did you not just hear me?!? You're supposed to give it to him!" She made a quick hand gesture toward Zelosis, who was now not even slumped against the bar, but in similar position on the floor. Quite a few people around them were staring, confused. Things were slowly dawning on the strangers.
"That's the only one I have, Areion! AND HE'S ABOUT DEAD!" From all of her hasteful motions and such, her poor stuffed snake fell to the floor. "Do you realize....You'll pretty much have to give him mouth to mouth now?! Or he's dead. I can't let another die!"

Aww. A man giving him mouth to mouth was never ever something Zelosis wanted. If he wasn't so out of it, he may have objected.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/23/2007 10:34 PM

Eight........Nine.........Ten....... "GOOD LORD!" Zelosis took in a deep breath, his heart going erratic from the fear and absolute HORROR. "I've...never...How...could...I....I'VE BEEN SPOILED BY A MAN!!!!" Yes, he could hardly form a sentence until that point. Now, he surely hadn't been spoiled, for his kiss had already been given away, but a man's lips to his...oh, may Hades take his soul now. He jumped up right away, not only freaking out but also to get away from the truly gay freak. At least Areion was straight, or so he assumed. He didn't act gay at all.

Toxicosis sighed heavily, looking between Areion and Zelosis. "I'm so sorry..." And she greatly was. She never wanted to kill ever again, especially not anyone she knew. Nor did she wish to cause them any discomfort. She should have never left the property. She wasn't sure what else to say or do now. Frowning, she slowly picked up the snake that Areion had given her, regretting him even giving her a gift. She looked to Bangori after a moment. "You're sick too from the venom. Not as much as Zelos was, but you'll die fairly soon. We don't have any more of the antidote with us..."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/24/2007 11:01 PM

The Lucain was about to say something else to Areion when he suddenly felt...that rubbing all over him. He froze up for a moment and was about to physically dispose of him when he jumped away. As for Toxicosis, she was about to whack Bangori upside the head for his stupidity. Hey, hitting him again would just add a little more poison. He was already getting sick, so what was a little more before saving him, eh?

What was good was that Zelosis was paying extra attention, filling bad for Areion about Bangori switching his attention to him. Too bad it was mixed feelings. He was glad he was away from him, but not any single man deserved torment from Bangori. When the metal bar shattered into bits, he was quick to contain it. The pieces that went hurdling in every direction, likely to kill a few good people if they hit a critical place, hit an invisible wall instead. "Can't we just let him die?" He growled.

Toxicosis was holding her breath from the intensity about what almost had just happened. "No...I won't be the death anyone...I can't leave one to die because of me." Her eyes shifted to Bangori. "There is more of the antidote back home. Zelos and I will go pick it up and be right back. It'll be too much for Kay to move four people fast enough."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/25/2007 2:56 PM

After everything seemed fairly contained, Zelosis had pulled out one of his cellphones in a flash. He had the proper number dialed and was already waiting. When the person on the other end picked up, he relayed his request for him and Toxicosis to be picked up. "For you see, we need to get something that we left. And it would mean a lot to us if you could also bring us back here afterward." He paused as the person on the other end said something. "Yes. I give you my thanks, Era Kay." And he soon hung up, placing the phone back into his pocket. "Kay agreed." He sighed. "I know...We can't really let anyone die."

Toxicosis was relieved that the Lucain agreed to help them. She feared that if they had to make a trip back home normally, that Bangori would be dead by then. Wow. Even if the guys hated his guts, he had to live. "I trust that you two will be....alright...until we get back." Her eyes shifted between the gay man and the other straight one. "You may want to sit down. The faster your heart rate is, the sooner the venom will do its job and that's far from good. Areion...I know it'll be hard for you, but please don't try to kill him..."

Just when she had finished speaking, a strange dark, glowing mass appeared before them. What was even more strange was that a delicate(female) hand pulled Zelos in by the arm. The Fellox soon followed, and both them and the portal of sorts vanished.

46,46 [Both have left.]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous