With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

50 Shades of Red [M:E/P]

Postby Redd » 01/14/2018 9:46 PM

Continued from here

Of course he was asking dumb questions. That's exactly how this man probably got into so much trouble to begin with. "You know Stark, there's nothing wrong with a little bit of mystery now and again." Was the evasive jokey response. Better... he didn't know? Or at least, she knew you never admitted to that sort of thing.

... And okay, Stark did just want to go home. She couldn't blame him, really. Job done, right? She pulled the phone back out and began navigating to- oh, hello.

Her heart skipped a little at the contact, tensing before she turned her head slightly. First, he was blocking access to the knife, and second of all this sort of contact was actually (believe it or not), unfamiliar. Probably didn't help that she'd killed the last guy who got this close to her. But it was just Tony. Tony was freakin' harmless. She'd run into more dangerous puppies than this man.

Still, she didn't move away.

"Y'good there? That bump didn't mess you up, did it? You are reaaaally sending me mixed signals here Hero." she purred, calling out his bluff and lowering the phone slightly. She... really should have expected Tony not to leave so quickly. How she'd quickly forgotten that the man had been a thorn in her side at the start. "I get the feeling you wanted to go with option B back there. Just... a guess though. Total stab in the dark."

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: 50 Shades of Red [M:E/P]

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/28/2018 4:21 PM

Tony laughed, glad she hadn't just turned around and gutted him. "Mnn, can we not talk about stabbing when I'm this close to you?" he joked, not convinced that Hawke's hands were entirely clean with her earlier answer, but still... He liked to at least hope that she was just doing what she had to do to survive and nothing more; after all, she hadn't been a resident to the States and Mexico, he imagined it would have been rough. Especially without experience working any kind of electronics and holding a job here.

A pang of guilt crawled down into his gut again at the fact that he had allowed Loki to scare her into running. But that was the past, and Loki was harmless (as far as his interactions with the god had led him to believe).

"Also that bump's a little sore. Wanna kiss it better?" Yep. He was totally good back here, no worries about that.

[1]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate