With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Sweltering Studies {Solo, M: L}

Postby Saahs » 07/03/2018 2:06 PM

((Noah, human form. To be moved to Wilt'no Desert!))

At long last, Noah reached the top of the dune mound. The moment he did, the young man heaved a hefty wheeze, and flopped into the sand face first. A decision he quickly came to regret, as the surface sand was horrendously warm. Yelping, he leapt back up with an energy he'd before then thought to have lost, and swiped burning sand off his poor face, neck, and hands.

The rest of his form was covered entirely, by layers of clothing he now wished he'd traded out for much lighter garment. Thick trousers, boots, a sweater, coat, and as per usual, his trusted brown and green scarf. Lords, why did he always wear the same general outfit?

"Hodjarl?? Why did we pick the desert to collect samples of this stuff?" He kicked at the sand as he asked his question, disturbing not only the small grains of rock but also the black mist that swirled around just above its surface. As far as the eye could see, the mist spread.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Sweltering Studies {Solo, M: L}

Postby Saahs » 07/03/2018 2:12 PM

((Hodjarl, human form.))

"Because, my dear boy, no one else is collecting it out here!" answered the rickety old man. Whom was now hefting his way up the sandy hill. The way he trudged up the hillside was painfully comical, if only Noah had the sense of humour to see it that way; his legs swung out at the side, kicking sand away from his robes despite his other foot not sinking into the sand as would be expected.

Unlike Noah, who was in dark brown hues and layers for late fall or winter, Hodjarl had geared himself for the desert beforehand; his robes were white in colour, and he kept his head and most of his face covered, protected from the sun. And his beard? His magnificently long beard? Tucked safely away from the sand and out of harm's way of the ruthless sun.

"And what better place to collect this odd mist, than somewhere with little to no foliage? No bugs unless you go that way or over yonder, and most importantly..." He waddled over to tap Noah atop his head with his cane, "To teach you to prepare for any situation, any environment! Did you not pack anything in your B-O-H?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/03/2018 2:17 PM

Noah rubbed at his head where he'd been tapped, even though it had hurt about as much as a fly booping him. "Well-- I-- I prepared food and drink, you said we'd be going on a long journey, so I thought we'd be walking? Not teleporting out here!" He eyed Hodjarl with a pathetic frown. "Can you blame me for thinking that? How was I supposed to know we'd be going halfway across the continent?"

Behind Hodjarl, Noah's familiar trundled up the hill with just as much ease as the old man, protected from the sinking sands and heat with a couple of handy spells. Bovlo, as was the familiar's name, regarded his master with a look of sheer judgement and a tinge of amusement in his plight. As usual.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/04/2018 2:11 PM

"Prepaaaare for everything, my boy!" Hodjarl sang, twirling his cane about in the air as he gently kicked sand out of his boot. Were he less wrinkly, he'd make a fine ballerina. At least he was wearing trousers underneath his robes. "Prepare for it all, and you will never be sorry! That's why I gave you that B-O-H, was so you could prepare without breaking your back.

Turning his head to look over his shoulder at Noah, his eyes twinkled. "But, you're a lucky boy, for I do prepare for everything! Including for you." With that, he stuffed a hand into a garishly bright yellow pouch hanging off his sash, and pulled out a folded up set of desert clothes. "There you are, young Noah-- you know how to conjure a vision block, but I will turn away," he offered, handing the clothes out to the younger warlock.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/08/2018 5:43 PM

Noah couldn't help but heave a long sigh as he was reminded-- as per usual-- that he seldom prepared efficiently for their trips... or for anything, for that matter. His eyes drooped down to the mist engulfed sands, defeated in the fact that his guilt trip hadn't worked on the older and, admittedly, cleverer warlock.

But he was caught off guard, by surprise even, when he was offered a set of desert clothing. "Oh-- I-- thanks," he stammered, accepting the bundle and taking a step back. "I'll try to remember to be better ready in the future, Hodjarl. But I appreciate this."

Conjuring a curtain that encircled him like a blanket of black, empty space, he got to work on switching out his day to day clothes with the desert outfit. It was... really not his style in the slightest, but it was definitely comfortable, and would keep him safe from the desert's wrath.

[Event posts end here]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer