With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: In The Morning, I'll Wait to See You Again [P;E]

Postby Mousen » 03/30/2019 6:13 PM

Genevieve nodded. It made sense, but a personality matrix built for humour, subtly in order to create a sense of camaraderie was certainly more than she was capable of. It took some serious skill. She watched the little robot wheel away. She definitely still wanted to take it apart, but it was probably best to let it go and lead its little robot butler life without her pinning it down and taking it apart.

Horatio, less easily distracted than Genevieve stood up as he realised that Chip was upset. "I'm sorry," he said, a few steps taking him to where Chip was sat. He hovered there, unsure of what to do to help. "It must have been so difficult, spending these years without them. It's different for us, as time travellers of course. There's points in time where my father is alive, and there's points where he isn't. I joined the T.T.A in 1913, same year he died. You can go back, but there's only so much you can get away with, eventually you look too old to get away with direct interaction, but even before that there's something static. You can't be any different, they can't know how you've changed. It becomes like talking to a picture." Horatio sighed slightly, meeting Chip's eyes. "I know its not quite the same, but I think I understand a little bit." He gently rested his hand on Chip's shoulder for a moment before moving away.

"Chip, you ought to get some rest," Genevieve said softly. "Your work can wait for one day. I literally just rearranged your insides and I wanna make sure you're recuperating." She offered them a small smile, her blue eyes wide and imploring, framed by her dark lashes. It was an expression that Horatio, in his less formal moments, called "the puppy dog eyes of doom". "Please?"

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 03/31/2019 1:26 PM

Chip nodded vaguely at Horatio's words. It was comforting to know that someone understood, to have the face and voice of the ones you loved but to never have them back. It stung them deep every day.

At Genevieve's urgings, Chip felt something coil in their chest, something which made them pull their teeth back from their lips and turn away quickly with hunched shoulders. They were being petty, they knew ther were. They could be nothing but thankful to Genevieve, to Horatio too. They added a little bit of excitement to their dull life. As dull as fighting every day for survival could be, in any case.

"There's only that couch for a bed. I don't have any others."

Their parent's bed had been burned to ash with them in it, after all.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/31/2019 2:58 PM

Genevieve frowned, getting to her feet. She was aware she'd misstepped, but didn't quite know what she'd done wrong. Part of her wanted to scold them about the damage the bad posture sleeping on a couch could do to them, but it wasn't the right time. Perhaps they'd come into Chip's life too strongly, were just acting where they weren't wanted. "There you go. For god's sake lie down for a moment." There was no real force behind her words, and she settled herself on the floor, her legs crossed. She took her hair down from its bun, dark brown waves fell over her face, and she ran a hand absent-mindedly through them.

Horatio's eyes flicked over to Genevieve. He was aware it was impossible but part of him wanted to scoop her up in his arms and take her somewhere safe. She'd work herself to death before she took a break, and she'd never stop worrying about those around her. He hadn't moved from Chip's side, and he realised he was being a hypocrite. "Do you need anything?" he asked.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 04/03/2019 9:39 PM

Maybe they were overtired. Maybe they couldn't stand being around people anymore. Maybe human voices hurt their brain now. They didn't know, but what they did know was they shied away from Horatio, just for a moment. A flicker of emotion flashing through their eyes, something akin to fear. "No, no I'm fine."

They stood up too fast, their head swam. Maybe they should lay down. They closed their eyes for a moment, taking a breath before heading into the greenhouse. It was a quiet place, where they went to relax, with the scent of flowers and greenery around them. They didn't notice the light of the LED's flickering through their skull as they walked.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/19/2019 9:56 PM

Genevieve gestured to Horatio as he went to say something. They let Chip leave in silence.

Horatio sat on the floor next to her, taking off his jacket to wrap around her shoulders. "Maybe this was a mistake," she said softly.

"Well, it was, remember? But that doesn't mean we haven't done any good. Its just... difficult. Poor Chip having strangers in their house after being alone for so long, and we're not exactly small personalities. And... I don't think that it helps that we're together, either."

"You're right. We're a handful. I just want to help them, and I know its not my job its just that... have you ever met anyone this clever? This resourceful? This alone?"

"We can only do what we can. I know that's not much."

Genevieve sighed, she was shaky and exhausted and knew it was nothing in comparison to how Chip must be feeling. Between the work on Chip and the time pieces her head was beginning to pound. Horatio let her curl up in his lap, a hand running absent-mindedly through her hair.

Horatio felt himself start to doze off as well, aware that he should probably stay awake in case Chip came back, but powerless to fight it.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 04/27/2019 1:59 PM

When Chip returned, they were both asleep. They gave a weak slight of a smile, grabbing the blankets they had squirreled away for cold nights, carefully draping them over their guests. They felt their own eyes pull low, their own limbs fill with exhaustion. For a moment, they wondered how much of their limbs were their own. Their own creation, yes. They shook away the heavy thoughts, sitting at their work bench, beginning to silently work.

Maybe they would make a stupid mistake, to rectify in the morning. Maybe they would slice open a finger to the bone, another piece to be replaced.

What they actually did was fall asleep, propped against their desk.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer