With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Retrieving What's Lost [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 6:11 PM

ImageImage

How could such a thing even happen?

All around, no matter where they looked, the world had been completely drained of any and all color. Leaving only the monochrome desert landscape as far as Elizabeth's now gray eyes could see. "This really sucks..." A large fiery cat standing beside her would complain with a sneer. Ever since this whole thing had happened, the brilliant flames that covered her entire body was now a mere shadow of its former glory, and Artemis had been absolutely furious. "Yeah..." Elizabeth would agree, turning her head to look over at the Lynxmon. Only the slight shifts of grays were apparent on her fiery coat now.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: Retrieving What's Lost [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 6:11 PM

ImageImage

"We should be able to fix it though, right?" The fluffy dark colored dragon would interject, gently bumping her head into Elizabeth's side to hopefully break them out of the moody atmosphere going on. "So long as we have that thing?" It wasn't enough to actually knock her over, but Elizabeth hadn't expected it and did stumble a step or two sideways when she got bumped into. Artemis had to back away.

Psyche was right, in theory. Patting the dragon's snout with one hand, Elizabeth looked down at her other to the odd device her companion had been referring to that was being held there against her body. "But how does it work?" A much smaller, but equally as dark looking version of Psyche had asked, peering past her mother's leg curiously from beneath her.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 6:19 PM

Eko wasn't quite like Psyche, in that she still had some more growing to do before she could also be a Champion just like her, but they were similar enough in appearance thanks to the quirks of her particular data. Normally she would've had purple fur, as opposed to black. Even in these circumstances, neither one looked too different from before, aside from the cores on their skulls having lost their bright red luster, and Psyche's stripes and claws had also been affected.

"Honestly I'm not sure." Elizabeth admitted with a nervous chuckle. When that team of scientists had gone off to promise that it would solve all their color-related problems, it sounded pretty amazing when she'd heard about it. But after she went and got one of her own to help in bringing back color to the world, they didn't do nearly as good of a job as she'd hoped in actually explaining how it did it's thing. Just that it would collect colors when they found it.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 6:50 PM

There was just one little problem with that plan though...

"Great..." Artemis huffed. "So then not only do we not know where to find the color in this freaking desert, but you have no idea if that thing will even work?" The Lynxmon's confidence in this plan was just climbing higher and higher in the most sarcastic way possible.

"That's not true!" Elizabeth snapped, looking a little annoyed by Artemis' unhelpful comments. "It will work! All we have to do is give it some color to collect!" She then faced forward, trying to steel herself for the upcoming journey they were about to embark on into this vast desert. "And besides, we do have some information to go off of."

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 7:03 PM

Yes... In a similar fashion to another incident that had occurred some time ago, they did manage to track this color by the strange readings that were being picked up. It wasn't a perfect plan this time around, however, as everything was pretty anomalous right now, and she could only thank her lucky stars that things hadn't gotten unstable in the world because of what was happening. But something about the colors themselves was slightly different in the code. Just enough for them to pick up on a pattern, and were tracking down more of these patterns even now in the rest of the world.

"As long as we focus on checking out the pyramids out there, we should be able to find it!" They didn't know where this color would be exactly, but they had a general idea of where to go at least. So it shouldn't be too terrible to handle.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 7:14 PM

Psyche would be nodding in agreement with this. "It won't be easy, but it is the best plan we've got right now." While they could only hope that finding the color would be simple with the general search area alone, the reality was a little more harsh than that.

Those pyramids were very ancient and very massive, and had lots of wild Digimon of their own lurking through the dark corridors. So it could easily take hours, if not days, just to get through even one of the biggest ones that was standing tall and proud against the unforgiving heat of the sun.

The flaming cat wouldn't look at them, and simply responded with a, "hmph." The group was still standing out near the outskirts of the desert right now too, so there was going to be a lot of walking involved. "Anyways, let's get going. The sooner we start checking one of them, the better."

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 7:29 PM

At Elizabeth's suggestion, Psyche would habitually step forward to crouch down low to the ground in front of their tamer. Allowing the woman to climb up and settle herself properly on her shoulders. "Sorry little one..." The dragon would rumble affectionately to her child below her. Unfortunately Eko was going to have to walk like the rest of them for this, now that she was a little too big to be carried around like before. But the smaller one didn't appear upset. "It's okay, mama! I can do this!" Their heads would come together in a nuzzle, before Eko broke away and started hurrying up a sandy dune.

Without a word, Artemis would follow the eager child and keep watch before Psyche could ask. "Alright, I'm ready when you are." Elizabeth would inform her, now sitting with her legs dangling off around the base of Psyche's neck. It would be a little warm, with the mane of soft white fur being there, but she should be fine.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 8:03 PM

With the device safely tucked away for now, and her own Digivice held out to emit a hologram for a map of the area, she would be keeping herself busy by acting as their navigator, tapping away at the display to figure out where may be the best place to look first.

Meanwhile, Psyche would start taking off after Artemis and her child. Going as fast as she knew she was allowed to that wouldn't go sending Elizabeth flying off by mistake. As funny as that would've been under more normal circumstances, the woman didn't need sand getting into all sorts of places that it shouldn't. The precious device was vital for this mission's success and needed to be kept safe.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 8:14 PM

The journey through the desert would be a long one, that Elizabeth thought it had been several hours by now. It was also difficult. The fur coats on both Psyche and Eko were just heavy enough that they were really starting to feel the heat beating down onto their backs. It got to a point where Elizabeth had to hop off and continue walking on her own two feet, hiding beneath the open wing that Psyche had extended and held out to create a bit of shade so that she could avoid getting sunburned from this much exposure. Eko had done her very best, but even this was a little too much for the tiny dragon, and now she was splayed out atop her mother's back, looking exhausted.

"The first pyramid is just up ahead." Elizabeth panted, watching as Artemis just strode along up ahead like this were nothing. Being literally made of fire, the cat had no problems with crossing the desert. Things were just slower because the other three were lagging behind.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/10/2019 8:31 PM

The woman seemed to be right though, at least. As out in the distance, a massive pyramid was now in view. Somewhere hidden deep within the mysterious mazes they were sure to find within the stone structure, there was a slim chance of there being color, as well as countless amounts of danger. "We need to move faster." Artemis had urged, pausing to look at the exhausted group behind her. Though it would serve to accomplish nothing more than creating grimaces, as they were pushing themselves quite a bit already...

"The enthusiasm is great, but not everyone can tolerate this heat like you can!" Psyche retorted, her eyes now flaring with irritation. It would be better if they could get there now, but this was as fast as they were going to go for now. "I'm tired!" Complained the little dragon.

It served to annoy the now impatient fire cat, and she turned away. "Well I'm not going to wait around! If that's the best you can do, then I'll go on ahead and scout out the first floor." Exploring the pyramids alone was not a good idea, but before they could say anything, she was already speeding off towards it on her own.

[Color Harvested]

FrostWynd