With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

In Need of a Drink. [hunt!]

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 4:49 PM

Oh gods in heaven, she was parched. Who in the world knew how hot and dry deserts were? Why didn't anyone tell her this? She just needed some time away from the city and thought a tan would do her some good, but oh this heat was terrible for her complexion.

Tianha scooted closer to mirror and wiped a little dust off. "Do you think my pores have gotten bigger since coming here?" Her fingers pulled at her skin and she made little unhappy moans before turning to her companion. "Well?"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: In Need of a Drink. [hunt!]

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 4:57 PM

Kizi was laying on the bed, filing her nails and looked lazily back at Tiahna. "No, your pores are fine." They were in a large tent quipped with a large 'ceiling' fan that was slowly circulating air. The bed was at the center of the room, with the vanity on the left side. The original idea behind this trip was to escape luxury and 'get in touch with nature.' It was not Kizi's idea and she tried very, very hard to stay home. Tia however, had insisted and Kizi was not allowed to openly defy her 'friend.'

"Are you sure there isn't anything to do in this town? Anything to get you to stop staring at your pores." Kizi flopped over onto her stomach. She was just so bored, and so tired of Tia.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 5:13 PM

Tia turned to her friend, "Well, we can go outside and die from heat. We can go for a walk in the desert and die of heat. We can go to that weird little place they call a restaurant and only possibly die."

"Well that sounds amenable. Let's go possibly die. I can't stay in here any longer." Kizi rolled herself off the bed and dusted herself off. There was sand absolutely everywhere in this little shanty town. She smoothed out her little crop top and mini-skort. This was, laughably, her practical outfit. The linen material might wrinkle easily, but it was so light and airy. The skort let her look damn good while also giving her the ability to trip and fall and not embarrass herself. It was the little things- y'know?

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 7:14 PM

It was hot, it was dry, it was sandy. Kizi squinted as they left the tent, fumbling through her bag for her sunglasses. What she wouldn't kill to be home right now. Lord, she'd love to be at the bar being fawned all over by the toms in town. Here, there was very little action for her. Even with her intriguing tattoos! Usually they attracted all sorts of people. A long sigh. It was times like these she wished she smoked. Just for something to do.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 7:19 PM

The two women pulled aside the curtain, walking into the tent of the local restaurant. It was such a relief to be indoors again-- they were only outside for a few minutes but it was ridiculous outside. They waited at the entrance for a few moments, letting their eyes adjust.

Tia looked around at the sparse patronage and walked up to what seemed to be a bar area, "Um, hello there" Her lips were pursed in a tense smile, "Are you like a bar? Or are we out of luck for cocktails?" The dirty little barmaid wasn't up to her usual standard but she was 'roughing it' and the dirt was quaint.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 7:32 PM

The bartender pursed her lips in response and just nodded. "What can I get you?" These tourist types were few and far between and absolutely her least favorite customers.

Kizi hopped right up onto a stool and gave her best smile, "I'd loooove to have a old fashioned please!"

"Coming right up." She flashed a sarcastic smile, looked Kizi right in the eyes and poured a double whiskey straight up. "Here you go. And you?"

Kizi looked a little puzzled at the drink, "Uh, you are aware that an old fashioned has a couple more ingredients?"

"Yes, and this is the ingredient we have. Would you like to start a tab?"

"Uh, sure..."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 8:00 PM

Tia just glossed over whatever that interaction was and went ahead "Hi, I need a vodka soda, or a vodka cranberry. But I need vodka with something. Thanks soooo much!"

Again, the bartender just flashed a smile, looked at Tia and poured a double vodka but added in a dark soda. "This'll have to do. Same tab?"

Tia grimaced and nodded. "Yeah, we'll just be over here. Thanks." She grabbed Kizi's arm and muttered, "Well she is certainly not getting a tip!"

"Shhhh, she might poison us, goodness T!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 8:08 PM

Kizi sipped her whiskey and was proud that she only winced a little bit. The two looked around the room, trying to see if there were any good conquests. As expected, there was nothing. Mostly dusty old men that were absolutely getting nowhere near the two of them. Their pointy heels, meticulously made up faces, fashionable outfits, well they were simply out of everyone's league.

"Sad this town doesn't have one of those romcom types. That one rugged, hard working guy just looking to turn around a big city gal like one of us." Tia giggled, making big puppy eyes at Kizi who just rolled her eyes in response.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 8:13 PM

"Mhmm I thought we came out to this dusty place to escape men." Kizi teased.

"Oh never! Not men, just... The big city men. I need to really find myself here. Get in touch with my primitive side."

"Ohhh, oh my bad. You want to get drilled by a small town guy for a change. Think it'll be more satisfying?" Her eyes twinkled deviously.

"How dare you speak so plainly. I, and I cannot stress this enough, do not get drilled by just anyone. I'm romanced-- courted if you will. I was hoping to find a good ole' boy here that would put in the time and effort!"

"Right because everyone in town figured out that they didn't need to."

Kizi got herself slapped, playfully, but still slapped. So naturally, she slapped T back.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 8:18 PM

Thankfully right then the surly bartender came up, "Ladies, if you're going to get into a spat, have the decency to give me a heads up so I can charge an entry fee." Maybe this town just made people surly.

T's jaw just fell flat on the floor. "I'll have you know I belong to a very powerful family and I could actually eat you!"

"Do you promise?"

T blushed. She of course was referring to the fact that her true form was that of a paragon, but clearly the bartender had something else in mind.

"She won't but I might." Kizi gave the bartender eyes. Out from behind the bar, she had a pretty good body, and she wasn't about to pass up the only fun option in this entire town.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 8:21 PM

"Well darling, let me know your final offer, but it looks like you two are in need of refills," the bartender grabbed the empty glasses and returned to the bar, leaving a thoroughly embarrassed Tiahna and a vaguely excited Kizi at the table.

"I think we might have to tip her now," Kizi said to her companion quietly.

"No! She just basically insulted me. She'll be lucky if I even pay for these drinks." Kizi gave T a disapproving look. "Ugh fine, I'll pay. I just don't get why she had to be so lewd! And you just played into it!"

"Oh honey, it's called flirting. She thinks you're cute!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 8:25 PM

"Yeah? I mean I do look good... Even if my pores are gigantic right now." T started mumbling as she noticed the bartender coming back. She was still embarrassed and didn't have a drink to chug to hide behind anymore.

Two drinks -- funnily they were what the two ladies had originally asked for -- were put on the table, a quick wink to Kizi and she was gone again.

"So would you object if I didn't stay in our tent tonight?"

"Kizi!"

"Whaaaaaat? A girl's got needs!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran