With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Audra » 07/07/2008 4:29 PM

Moved to the side, Seychelles standing in her way.
'Erm...Hello, dear Fenling. What's your name?,' Audra asked, then deciding to pat the pet on the nose, alittle scared it might bite her hand. The sight of blood made her swoon. 'Are those your friends over there?'
'Don't worry, Chel. I'm fine. But I'm not sure if we are welcomed...Should we trust them?'
Chel never moved from her position, except to stand up a little taller (to seem more threatening) and to wrap her tail around herself, it's end flicking against Audra's legs. 'Be kind, yet be on your guard. If they don't want to help us, we should just explore the grounds instead. I propose we go and nourish ourselves with some food,' Seychelles said cooly, the waves of her voice flowing into Audra's.
'Yes, I'm quite famished.' Chel looked at her calmly, letting her tail then rest near Audra's ankles.

'Audra, hush, please. Now, fenling, can you or can you not tell us some valuable information on our whereabouts, or even where we should go from here??'
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby Sitka » 07/07/2008 9:31 PM

(A/N: Ah! I didn't realize there was new posts! But don't worry! I is back!)

Malik looked from the two yonyuus to the newcomers and blinked, surprised at the small crowd that was beginning to form. Reina, with a new found bout of self-confidence, smiled at the girl.

"Hello. You said you were looking for a place to sleep?" she paused, then looked up to Malik, who shook his head.

"We stayed in a small inn last night, near the center of the city. That's the only place I could think of. Sorry, not from around this area." Malik feebly apologised.

Reina, however, found her attention focused on the Fenling, mildly creeped-out by the look, or lack of, on it's face.
Image Image
“To appreciate the beauty of a snow flake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold."
- Zoo Pen -About Beatrice -
<- Copernicus Level 1 . //
Muffin Here
Sitka
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 195
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/07/2008 10:17 PM

Image  Image
This Form (Millie) This Form (Pooky)

Millie sighed. Whew, it was hot. I mean, unbearably hot. Her hair was sticking to her head, and she desperately wished she could take a nice, ten year cold shower. That would offset the heat of this accursed desert. But no. She had to up and travel, ending her trek in this uncomfortable place. She sighed, and rolled up her sleeves, taking off her blue button up shirt and leaving a pink tank top underneath. She fanned herself, growling under her breath. Gyrophants were not meant for this kind of heat. It was unbearable, and it should be a crime. She sighed heavily, and, using a rubber band form her pocket, pulled up her mass of curls into a bun atop her head.

She blew a few errant strands out of her eyes, and trudged forward. before long, though, she spied a town in the distance. "Who...Who would put a town in the middle of a desert?"she asked aloud, raising her arms from her sides. Beside her, a young man trudged along. He looked just as bad as she did. His spiky hair was nearly flat, and his dark brown shirt clung to his skin. He desperately wanted to cool off, but Millie refused to let him walk around without a shirt. It would lead to a horrible sunburn.

He shook his head to her question, and did not answer, conserving what little energy he had left. With a shrug, and an iron will to get out of the heat, Millie and the boy hurried along, coming up a cobbled street along the center of the town. She glanced up and down the sidewalks, before her eyes spied something she had not seen in a while; another Gyrophant. And speaking to them was...What looked like two Yonyuus a Hollowheart and maybe a human or two.

She didn't know.

She didn't really care.

But she was interested in how one of her kind could survive the heat and not even be bothered by it. The young man wondered what the group was doing. it was an odd group, especially in such an odd place. Most of those creatures had fur. He shuddered. They must be boiling alive! The two marched along, shirt slung into a large back-pack like purse dangling from Millie's broad back, and the boy dragging his feet slowly. In human form, Millie bordered close to eight and a half feet tall, and she was no thin little small girl either. She was rather husky, in fact.

So she almost paused in hopes of not startling anyone who was gathered in the small group. Almost. If she cared, she might have. The boy had no problems with being strangely tall. He was normal for his size. He stopped beside her, and stared at the assembled creatures. "Hello there,"Millie called, raising up one tanned hand. "Did you all come to this town to escape the heat too? I simply cannot imagine why anyone would want to live in a desert..." She paused, as though it was the most natural thing in the world to simply walk up to people and start a conversation.

[Millie, 1;18]
[Pooky, 1; 25]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/08/2008 3:56 PM

Kinte flinched slightly at Audra's touch. He started to back away, but changed his mind and sat down. He slowly felt eyes focused on the side of his face. Kinte turned his head to Reina and watched her, though with what emotion it was not plain. He tipped his head to one side slightly. Curiosity? Another group had arrived, and he sniffed indignantly at Millie's comment on his beautful home. He would have spoken to her, but he was mute and was therefore forced to think to himself. He began ranting mentally. I certainly can imagine why anyone would want to live here. It's like the sea where you can run on the water. It's heaven to me, he thought. Kinte turned his eerie gaze to her and frowned, the only emotion he'd shown so far.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/09/2008 5:14 PM

Audra heard some of the other animals speaking.
"Really? There's an inn nearby? Thank you so much...Oh yeah, we're not from here either...Well, I guess I'll begin by saying, what's your guys' names & what are you guys doing here then?"
Chel made a hissing sound at her, but it wasn't mean, though. More like you-shouldn't-talk-that-way-to-others-around-here. Audra suddenly made a sincere face to the others that said "Sorry" all over.

Noticing more newcomers, she whipped around, and so did Seychelles. A girl and rather tall boy. The girl looked very gyrophant-ish, and the boy looked ver kuhna-ish. Well, it didn't matter. They spoke, and her Hollowheart responded saying, "Hello, child. What is your name? I'm Seychelles, or rather, Chel. This is my owner, Audra. Nice to meet you...Ah, yes, it's blistering hot out, but night coming, thankfully cooling the desert sands. Gosh, I could never stand it out here, but we've come to find this small inn we've just heard of to stay the night..."
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Daynah » 07/09/2008 5:39 PM

Stariana

Stariana thought she was Hulcucinating again. Human's and pets, Out here?
This was way to bizzare. "Why did my Owner send me out here to train?" She said to herself. "Hey!" she yelled hoping to get they're attention. "Hey! over here!"
Daynah
Banned
Pets | Items
Keystones: 122
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/10/2008 1:02 PM

Seychelles whipped around to view a large Garagnir.
"Why, hello! Are you OK? Please, come."
Audra thought silently, 'Ughh, more newcomers...'
Seychelles gave a forbidding glance, but shook it off easily and rested her head on Audra's shoulder.
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Daynah » 07/10/2008 6:15 PM

Stariana was stunned they weren't hulucenations! She wasn't going mad!
With a final surge of effort, that cost her dearly, She sprung into the air and landed at the hallowheart's feet. "Thank Goodness you're not a Hulucenation!" She cried "I'm Stariana, My Trainer sent me out here to train." she said looking at the Hallowheart.
Daynah
Banned
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/11/2008 4:51 PM

"Oh, it's OK. We aren't illusions, that's for sure. Sadly, we're all here....in this blazing hot atmosphere..."
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Daynah » 07/11/2008 5:39 PM

Stariana Blinked and then Stood up.
"What were you all doing out here?" she asked.
Daynah
Banned
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/12/2008 4:46 PM

Audra called, "Don't ask me. I mean, shelter and salvation are the only words for it...What are you doing?"
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Daynah » 07/12/2008 7:48 PM

"Excuse me?" said Stariana, She was a little confused.
Daynah
Banned
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/13/2008 4:23 AM

Millie only shrugged, feeling the gaze of the Fenling on her. She really had no interest in little crazy foxes who couldn't talk. She turned her gaze to the Hollowheart. A smirk crossed her tanned features, and she leaned an elbow on Pooky's shoulder. Of course, he was much, much shorter than she, so it was almost as if she was leaning down. "The name's Millie, and this here is Pooky," she said, stifling a laugh at his name. The boy grumbled. "Just call me Ky, if you please,"he asked politely, trying not to cringe as the Gyrophant ruffled his hair. He batted her hand away, and looked up at the Hollowheart.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Chel. Did you say there was an inn nearby?"He exchanged a glance with the tall woman at his side. "We'd like to stay there as well. We've been walking for a while, and...To be honest, I'm exhausted."He glanced up as a Garagnir wandered over. "Well, you look a little out of place. I thought Alabaster Garagnirs liked the water," Pooky commented. "Nice to meet you Stariana. I'm Pooky, but you can call me Ky. And this," he jerked his thumb at Millie, who ducked her head with a smirk and waved like a little school girl, winking pleasantly at the newcomer. "Is Millie."

[M 2;19]
[P 2; 26]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Daynah » 07/13/2008 1:46 PM

"Ya they do..." said Stariana as she looked at Pooky and Millie. "But my trainer sent me here to train, Unfortuantly Enough." she said as she smiled at Mille, Winking back. "Might I ask. What are you two doing all the way out here?" she said politely.
Daynah
Banned
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Daynah » 07/14/2008 3:56 PM

Suddenly Stariana turned around. "Sorry but I have to go.." She said. As she took off in to the air, circled, then flew off towards the horizon.

(Sorry, I'm taking her out. Going to a hunter hunt. Thank you for your time!)
Daynah
Banned
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext