With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Adelie » 10/01/2007 8:32 PM

"Thanks," mumbled the Lucain, who had been bowled over by the Garudor's large wing and was now lying flat on the ground.  Picking herself up--it hurt a bit, and she was sure there were going to be bruises there sometime, she felt tired, hurt, and a little sore.  And she was bleeding from the hindquarters.  Chancing a lick at her cut, which left her open to attack, Tempest attempted to keep an eye on Aero just to be prepared if he attacked further.

Zephyr wrapped his tails tighter around his paws, and licked his fur.  It was standing up quite a bit, and was ruffled and in a state of disorder.  Licking his fur until it lay flat, he suddenly noticed the newcomer.  A female lucain, and a pretty one at that.  He was obviously too young for love, and his father would probably scold him and tell him something about 'your proper duty to not embarrass me in front of everyone,' but this female was pretty.  He admired her brown fur, with lime green Feyline and black Jacket Fox.  A stellar combination on a stellar female.  "Hello," he said, standing up, and swishing his tails as he walked forward to greet her.  "I'm Zephyr.  What's your name?"

Sire Varalus, looking up from his game of 'Remember the Weirdest Memories' at the sound of a newcomer's voice, spotted the female too, and looked mildly disappointed in his son's behavior, then mumbled, "Boys will be boys," and continued on with his game.  "So, Meihua, what was your funniest dream?  Mine was when I was inside a canister of ice cream and had to eat my way out."

"Oh, you wouldn't believe it, but I had this dream where people were singing the multiplication tables all together!" Meihua said, giggling as she thought of it.  "And then, there was this one where I was identifying the genders of bathroom tiles and arguing with Silverine over them."

Mrs. Manuel, waiting for a response from Sinderella, checked herself all over just in case she had any bruises from the Candle Lubshi's surprise attack, and satisfied there were none, began to preen her feathers.  What a state those feathers of hers were in!  And her tennis shoes needed a good washing.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/02/2007 12:00 PM

((I've heard "the L word" be liberal and even lesbian but never lifemate... XD))

"The fact that he certainly doesn't treat me like his father." muttered Sethor darkly. He barely seemed to notice Tali?±a's use of the oh so serious word 'lifemate'. "Seth and Tala are fine, they just haven't found an area appropriate to their character just yet. And yes, it was Seth who suggested it first, wasn't it...?" he raised a brow. "Hmm..."

Yojimbo just turned and pulled his tails up in front of him, guarding himself with the flame. Hmm... his tails just might prove to be his most valuable asset in a fight...

Sam smiled slightly as she floated in the water, feeling all her aches and bruises fade away... Even Sarah had cheered up from being thrown in, and was enjoying the time in peace to contemplate Raul.

"Not going to happen anytime soon though, huh? They have lists and all, and Sethor's being so obstinate about giving his other breeding partners a fair chance even if he's so obviously in love with Tali?±a, huh." when she pushed at him, he caught her paw, and, holding in front of him gently, lightly kissed it, his smile no longer impish but decidedly roguish.

[[Sarah: 95 || Sam: 114 || Yojimbo: 34 || Sethor: 136 || Keltor: 8]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/02/2007 12:54 PM

"Well, that's too bad..." Tali?±a said, clearly upset that his other son was treating him like that.  "And I'm glad to hear that our other two children are doing good.  Tasera does talk often about seeing them again sometime... Maybe we could arrange that, somehow?" She asked.  It had been forever since she'd seen her other two children; and it had been even longer since she'd seen Haseo and Mateus.

Ashilata hissed in annoyance, her ears flattening against her skull.  She swiped her claws at Yojimbo's coat, hoping to minorly scratch the Flarend.  Alexa turned to Naerna and said, "I'm known as Alexa, and my mother and her boyfriend over there are Tali?±a and Sethor.  My father, Sire Varalus is over there; as are my siblings, Zephyr and Tempest." She said, pointing to each Lucain as she said their names.

Ryen stared at his daughter as she giggled again.  "Strange antics our Lucain friends have; for Tali?±a has stated the same thing." Lasha said, her tails brushing over his playfully.  Ryen turned around and curled up in the hole he'd dug before, muttering something about this strange girl not being his daughter...

{Tali: 117||Ryen: 88||Ashi: 41||Alexa: 33||Lasha: 34}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/02/2007 2:00 PM

"Hrm. It is, but there's not much I can do about it." said Sethor, shrugging. "Maybe he's just occupied with something, and he'll seek me out when he finishes." Smiling, he looked at Tali?±a and chuckled. "Maybe when Tala's done with her Aksel's little pity party we can meet her and Seth in Jawan- after the war. Or if this place offers no more opportunity for improvement." That is, if they both hit 100 toughness- a possibility with Sethor.

Yojimbo growled when Ashi's claws scraped against him, and his tails burst into brighter flames as he set down on one foot and pivoted, swiping his flaming tails at her.

"It's pretty silly, huh?" said Keltor, laughing as his tails joined Lasha's quite willingly. "They should just admit they're going to end up lifemates and stop pretending, huh."

Sam grinned slightly as she ducked under the water, with the intent to splash Sarah who was looking far too serious- she was thinking about Raul, after all. Raul was a serious subject.

[[Sarah: 96 || Sam: 115 || Yojimbo: 35 || Sethor: 137 || Keltor: 9]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Treece » 10/02/2007 3:52 PM

Jasper looked behind her once more while taking her time floating through the air, enjoying the moment, but that quickly changed. She noticed Draco coming at her. Her eyes widened and she flapped her wings increasingly harder and increasingly faster. Defending, defending. Running, and running. That's all I'm doing. Jasper slowed down and finally turned to face Draco coming at her. "Come and get this." She whispered. She flapped her tiring wings waiting for his attack. She'd be ready now.

Sinderella smiled. "Good." Sinderella, not knowing much about fighting -- but that's what training's for right? -- looked around, pondering her attack. She got on all fours and circled Mrs. Manuel for awhile then jumped out at her, not sure how she would react.

Vina padded lightly across the desert over to Zears. Her head low she stood a few feet back from him, just glaring. "Zears." She called. Vina's teeth were bared. This was no longer a game for her. She wanted blood, she got a strong urge that she struggled to hold back to just outright attack him. But it was growing stronger and more and more unbearable.

Comanche rose to his feet and limped over to the bag he'd carried in. He dug a hoof in to open the pouch wider so he could just stick his head in. He peered in the bag and grabbed the medicine that Treece had made for wounds. Ugh, how can I put this on my leg? He sulked. His leg was in pain. This was just supposed to be for fun. He stared off into the distance at Vina.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 10/02/2007 5:53 PM

Draco watched Jasper fly away, running away, but then she stopped and turned around and was ready. Wow, she's going to stay and fight. Draco slowed down some, not wanting to hit Jasper this hard or fast, and was ready to hit Jasper. He looked at where Jasper was and tryed to tackle her, thinking it would hit.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Treece » 10/02/2007 8:37 PM

IC: Jasper

Jasper let Draco get closer. When she figured he was close enough she tackled him her talons grabbing onto anything. Feeling she was holding on tight she stopped flapping her wings and began falling down to the ground. The wind ripped at her feathers and she struggled to hold onto Draco. Finally she let go and spread her wings going back up into the sky.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/02/2007 11:30 PM

((Just to say--Evil parents are limiting my computer time, so I won't be on as often as usual.  And--Lousy post of doom.))

Mrs. Manuel, lifting off found the ground, nearly missed being hit by Sinderella's attack.  I really need to work on my speed, she thought, hoping she hadn't lost any important tail feathers.  Plunging down, she attempted to rake her tennis shoes across Sinderella's back.  Except tennis shoes are probably not anyone's weapon of choice.

Tempest, who had now stopped licking her hindquarters, spotted Aero, but instead of dodging, she jumped up, attempting to latch her claws onto Aero's underside.  The belly was almost always the weakest part, and that was where she was aiming.  But of course, Aero's talons got into the way, and instead of grabbing onto the belly feathers, she grasped his talon with one paw and hung there.  Bad position.  Very bad position.

"Oh, it's pretty okay, I guess," Zephyr said.  "Really, I'm quite young, and I haven't seen much of the world yet."  Pointing with one paw at Sire Varalus, who was attempting to hide behind a bush and failing, and then at Tali, he added, "These are my parents."

Meihua, looking at Sire Varalus, told him sternly, "You're older than me and you're hiding behind a bush.  Come on."  Sire Varalus glared at her and stalked off somewhere, where he looked very annoyed and pretended to carry on a semblance of conversation with Meihua.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/03/2007 11:08 AM

Tali chuckled.  "That would be good.  I am sure Tasera would love seeing her brother and sister again, though she herself seems infatuated[sp?] with another Lucain." She said, smiling.  "Jawan is a lovely place.  I was there for a short time before we transfered Lands, but that was at the very end of the Lucain war, so I did not see much action." She smiled again, her three tails wagging playfully behind her.

Ryen was still sleeping, trying to shut out images of his daughter at the Kanua.  Lasha giggled and said, "So, you got any siblings?"

Ashi let out a gasp of shock as the flames from Yojimbo's tails burned her side slightly.  Her eyes gleamed angrily, and she made her counterattack of slashing at Yojimbo again.

Alexa sighed, moving off to the side and wishing that another Lucain might perchance to appear--a male one--that she could spar.

{Tali: 118||Ryen: 89||Ashi: 42||Alexa: 34||Lasha: 35--Level-up}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/03/2007 12:33 PM

Sethor rolled his eyes. "I'm lucky enough that neither Seth nor Tala have run into any love troubles yet, although Tala does insist on complaining incessantly about the fact that 'no one loves her!' while she mopes. Seth, however, just hasn't shown any intrest in females... or males, either." he said, anticipating the question.

"Yeah, a couple of Sherbet sisters named Vicky and Satomi, huh. Satomi lives with mom, but Vicky lives with me and dad, huh." said Keltor, brushing his paw over Lasha's. The two of them moved fast, no doubt of that. Wouldn't be long before things got as serious as with Sethor and Tali?±a...

But Yojimbo was expecting the attack this time and fell onto his side, kicking off the ground and spinning in a tight and rapid circle with his flaming tails on the edge, leaving nothing but fire for Ashi to hit.

What do I feel for Raul, though... Sarah thought, staring up at the sky with a mournful expression on her face. I like him, sure, and he's fun, but do I... love him? her thoughts were interrupted by Sam bursting up next to her, drenching her in water.

[[Sarah: 7 || Sam: 116 || Yojimbo: 36 || Sethor: 138 || Keltor: 10]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/03/2007 6:06 PM

"Ooh, Sherbet Kuhnas, eh?" Lasha said, smiling.  "Sounds interesting.  Have you met the sister that lives with your mother, or your mother?" She asked, remembering back to the time she met her mother, Specter; but did not know where Kanak, Frashill, or her other Spectrakuhna sibling were.  She was clearly becoming interested in the Kanua for whatever reasons.

Ryen grumbled to himself, saying something about how he wanted to go and meet up with Specter again; that he missed her so much...

"I see..." Tali?±a replied, sad that one of her many sons and daughters felt like they either wouldn't find love or hadn't taken an interest in any.  "Well, fortunately for us, we know that we have love somewhere and don't go into fits of 'Nobody loves me'."  She smiled, and then said, "Oughtn't we do some more practicing instead of just sitting here?"

Ashi growled in annoyance as she swerved to just barely miss the fire from his tails.  Curses, she thought to herself, and then, she rolled over and attempted to knock Yojimbo off of his feet with a sweeping kick.

{Tali: 119||Ryen: 70--Level-up||Ashi: 43||Alexa: 35--Level-up||Lasha: 36}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/03/2007 10:34 PM

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Tempest cried, although her voice was partially drowned out by the sound of wind rushing past her ears.  She spotted the cactus coming towards her, and afraid to hit it, she attempted to jump.  But obviously clinging onto a Garudor's talon is not the best place to jump off of, and Tempest crashed into the cactus.  Which is not something anyone would like to do, but luckily, this cactus's spines weren't too sharp, long, and there weren't that many of them, as if someone had scraped the spines off.  Whatever it was, Tempest was thankful, as she wasn't getting too scraped up or anything, but she had a couple hundred or so small and deep cuts all over her legs and belly.  "I think I'm out of the fighting for now," she murmured, before passing out.

"Who's Vance?" Zephyr asked, not realizing his sister had just passed out, as he was so engrossed in this conversation.  It was odd for a Lucain not to know who Vance was--the man was famous throughout the breeder's world for all those amazing colors he came up with, just like Trader Morey.  "Is he like Trader Morey? One of my friends, Aryu, came from Trader Morey's house."

Sire Varalus, seeing Tempest faint, immediately rushed over to see what had happened.  It looked...well, painful.  As if anything could be different.  "Are you okay, daughter?" he called as he ran over.  Tempest, who was unconcious, obviously couldn't reply.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext