With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby SirMax » 10/06/2007 7:09 PM

Sethor, who had expected as much, caught Tali?±a and smiled down at her as he lay her gently down in the sand. She was finally his, once and for all... he finally had the girl he so loved as his lifemate. A silly grinned dominated his face and he let out a howl of triumph.

Yojimbo, still out, made no response to Ashi's question, but murmured "Lifemate..." again, turning slightly in his sleep as his smile widened at the idea of such a commitment.

Sarah looked over at Sethor and Tali?±a and cried out "Aww!" running over to see them, smiling happily at her Lucain friend's joy.

Sam looked up at saw Sethor, and a smile crossed her face, nightmare leaving her thoughts momentarily.

[[Sarah: 105 || Sam: 124 || Yojimbo: 44 || Sethor: 146]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/06/2007 7:31 PM

Tali?±a smiled as she felt Sethor lay her down on the sand.  She also heard his triumphant howl, and thought to herself, At last; I have the mate I wanted... Oh, won't Mother be pleased?  Ryen snuck behind Sethor and prepared to splash a little water on Tali.  Ashi, meanwhile, moved to poke Yojimbo, while Alexa groaned.

"Jeez, we come out here to train, Mother runs into Father and he gets all jealous because this guy shows up and now he's asked her to be his lifemate and now... Gah.  This means I have a stepfather." She growled, sighing.  "Why me?" She asked, laying down again.

{Tali: 127||Ryen: 78||Ashi: 51||Alexa: 43}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/06/2007 7:45 PM

Sethor stroked Tali?±a's head gently with a paw, smiling down at her. I wonder how the kids will take it? he thought in amusement, looking over at Alexa's irritation, Sarah and Sam clustering around him and congratulating him repeatedly.

Yojimbo let out a small grumbling noise and opened his eyes, looking up at Ashi. He turned slightly pink. "Um... I guess you win." he mumbled.

[[Sarah: 106 || Sam: 125 || Yojimbo: 45 || Sethor: 147]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/06/2007 7:56 PM

Tali smiled as she felt Sethor's paw stroke her head.  Of course, that state of serene peace would not last much longer, because Ryen splashed her with water, thus wakening her from her initial state of shock.  Ryen quickly bolted away from her, but Tali was not worried about him.  "Eh, what're ya gonna do?  He's like a brother to me, in a sense.  We've been friends ever since I was a pup."  She looked at the training grounds, then sighed.  "Come on, let's go to a... less crowded... area." She said, standing up and walking westward some, turning back and waiting for Sethor.

Ashi smiled.  "Come on.  Tali's moving us further away from civilization.  I guess the crowd got too big for her." The Trik said, pouncing on Ryen before bounding off.  "Hey!  Get back here!" Ryen yelled, pouncing on Alexa in the proccess.  "Why you little...!" The Lucain growled, chasing after the Kuhna.

{Tali: 128||Ryen: 79||Ashi: 52||Alexa: 44 -- All have gone elsewhere in the desert}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/06/2007 8:04 PM

Sethor rolled his eyes at Ryen's actions and followed after Tali?±a, catching up to her and nuzzling her happily and they headed off into the distance, deeper into the harsh desert and towards the next oasis, Sarah and Sam following them happily.

Yojimbo nodded and stood back up, following Ashi to the next location.

[[Sarah: 107 || Sam: 126 || Yojimbo: 46 || Sethor: 148]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Adelie » 10/06/2007 9:29 PM

((Sorry for the lack of posting--parents are EVIL.))

After a few minutes, Tempest managed to regain consciousness, and looked up.  She had a terrible headache, and her vision was a little foggy, as if she'd been asleep.  "Where...am I?" she groaned, lying on the ground, feeling a wave of pain wash over her.  Then the pain was gone, and her vision cleared, and she saw her dad hovering over her.

"You okay?" Sire Varalus asked.  He'd barely noticed when his other daughter, Alexa, had come over to him.  Tempest shook her head, trying to clear it, and asked, "Where's Aero?"

Zephyr, who had been watching Naerna, wandered over and asked, "Sister, anything wrong?"  He looked a little worried about Tempest, and Sire Varalus glared at him.  Well.  Family troubles, eh?

Meihua looked at the little group hovering around the lucain, but she wasn't worried.  Some lucain she'd known had recovered from injuries a lot worse than a couple scratches.  Besides, Tempest wasn't hurt that much.  But she was getting bored, and about half the training camp had left to go somewhere else.  Maybe she should go somewhere else too?  But Mrs. Manuel was still here, and in a fight, too--she didn't want to leave the Mr. Wilson, her constant companion.  Walking over, she asked, "Hey, mind if I watch?"

Mrs. Manuel acknowledged her with a polite nod, still keeping her eyes on the Candle Lubshi.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 10/07/2007 12:01 AM

Draco was stunned for a second, Jasper had grabbed his leg and pulled him down, fast and quick. Draco looked at his leg, a small cut or two, nothing that bad. Looking around for Jasper he saw her and tackled something and whamed it down.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/08/2007 9:16 PM

"Might I have the pleasure of sparring with you?" Meihua asked, getting up again and walking over to Naerna.  What a short attention span she had, oh yes.  She just couldn't concentrate on anything that was even the slightest-ly 'boring.'

Sire Varalus, seeing that Tempest had regained consciousness, launched into a lecture on how fighting was completely bad for you and always resulted in injuries and such.

"..and then, all fighting is very bad, and should never, ever be...Tempest, are you listening?"

Tempest, having accepted the water from Rivermane and said a polite "Thank you," was now licking her wounds carefully and trying to clean them.  Saliva had amazing healing properties.

((Lousy post, I know.  My muse has been used up on the xRoads.))
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/09/2007 9:28 PM

"Yes," Sire Varalus sighed, looking away from his daughter.  "But war is just such a crazy thing."  He sighed deeply, then with renewed enthusiasm, went back to lecturing his daughter until he found he was repeating the same sentence for the third time.

"It's okay," Tempest said.  "You should check that talon though, I think I might have injured it."

"I can have the first turn?" Meihua said brightly.  "That's really nice of you."  Carefully evaluating her own strengths and weaknesses, and the lucain's, she decided on a mode of attack.  From her adventures in the training camp and Wilt'no Desert, she'd found she'd gotten a lot stronger and tougher, so she decided to aim for Naerna's legs, hoping to drag the lucain down and attempt to overpower the much larger pet.  That was probably an odd idea, but the arkuhna considered that she could pull it off.  Of course, it would probably be a lot easier to talk her to death.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/12/2007 9:30 PM

"Oh, yes," Sire Varalus said, looking a little annoyed with himself.  "Life seems to be going all wrong today, and I don't know why."  The lucain swished his tails, and stared up at the sky.  What was with this day, for it to be going wrong so much?

Meihua, noting Naerna's enthusiasm, pounced at her legs, claws outstretched, but she was getting a little out of practice too.  The only fight she'd really engaged in recently were tickle fights, and she hadn't exactly recovered from giving birth to her twins, although that had been a long time ago.  I really should get more excerise, she thought glumly.

Tempest glanced at Aero's talon, and said, "It looks pretty much okay to me, I think.  I guess I didn't do much damage."

Mrs. Manuel, now distracted by Meihua and Naerna's fight, was busy gazing at them, looking quite interested, and almost forgot about her sparring partner.

((Short post of doom.  I'm seriously museless.))
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext