With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Adelie » 10/14/2007 7:59 PM

Well, at least I didn't injure her, Meihua thought as she saw Naerna trip.  Her claws had missed, and she felt rather pitiful at that, since she was so out of shape.  Here she was, a pet much stronger in the sense of 'levels' than most others, and she'd just missed?  How out of shape could a pet be?  She attempted to turn around, nearly tripped on her own tail, and attempted to lash out at Naerna with her free claw.

Sire Varalus sighed deeply, then said, "Yes, the war.  Such a waste of innocent lives and villages, if you ask me."  He didn't like war, but Rivermane was right.  Sometimes, you just had to fight for your own causes.

Mrs. Manuel, still watching the battle between Naerna and Meihua, giggled to herself.  She wasn't that bad at fighting, and she was glad of that.  Meihua would be chaos on a battlefield.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/15/2007 9:03 PM

"Meihua, Mrs. Manuel, and I are most likely to be in the war, whether we want it or not," Sire Varalus commented.  "We're the highest leveled pets, after all--Meihua is almost level 16, to be exact."  He was good at math, and kept a careful track of what pets had what 'level.'

"Eek!" Meihua squealed, attempting to dodge the lucain's tackle, and failing.  She was thrown down, but managed to get to her feet, quite disheveled, and her head was spinning.  The lucain was stronger than she'd thought.  She wildly swung her tails, attempting to distract the other pet, and, scrabbling her toehold, aimed another strike at the lucain, though, with all the sand she was kicking up, she couldn't see where she was aiming.

Mrs. Manuel, still watching, was oblivious to all the sights around her except for the sparring pair.  She was neglecting Sinderella, perhaps, but she'd almost forgotten the Lubshi already.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/16/2007 11:57 PM

"No, she was just in a breeding room once and talked so much that she gained five whole levels there," Sire Varalus said with a laugh.  "The only thing she's ever trained is her mouth."

Mrs. Manuel, suddenly coming back to herself with a jolt, looked around as if realizing she was there for the first time.  "What was I doing?" she asked herself.

Meihua coughed as the sand settled down, and hunted around for the lucain, blinking hard as she tried to clear her eyes.  She was unable to do anything at the moment, as she could barely see.  I'll just have to wait for Naerna's move, she thought.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/19/2007 9:24 PM

((If you abandon this thread, I'm joining the war.))

"Oh, yes," Sire Varalus said.  "I remember Smoothie, he was one of my companions at Alonia's Ranch.  It's quite nice to hear he's got a lifemate."

"Huh, what?" Mrs. Manuel mumbled, then remembered what she was doing.  "Oh, yes, I was."  She turned back to Sinderella and looked at her questioningly.  "So, want to continue?"

Meihua squealed in slight pain as she felt Naerna's claws nick her side, and immediately launched a counterattack.  She swiped with one paw, pretty sure she was missing, and attempted to launch a sneak attack while Naerna was one top of her.  She pawed at the lucain with her claws, swishing her tail, and generally making a humongous mess in an attempt to attack the lucain in some way.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/21/2007 3:09 PM

((I'm yanking all my pets out.))

"Wait a moment," Meihua said to herself.  "There's a WAR?! Oh gosh."  She ran off quickly in the direction of the Purine Training Grounds.

Sire Varalus looked at the rest of them in turn, and asked, "Well, it looks like we'll be fighting too, Mrs. Manuel.  Zephyr, Tempest, come on, we've got to go."

Mrs. Manuel sighed, and apologized to Sinderella for leaving, then flew off, accompanied by Zephyr and Tempest.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/02/2008 3:05 PM

((OOC:)) Wow this is still here. I'm removing my pets though. :P
Jasper flew down to the ground and landed in front of Comanche. "You need help, don't you?"

"Yes" He cried. "But you can't carry me!"

Jasper nodded and looked at Sinderella. She had grown up so quickly. "Quickly, we must go. Mother is waiting for us." Sinderella and Vina dashed out and ran home.

Jasper laid down. "Get on my back."

"Bu-" Comanche stuttered.

"Now!"

Comanche struggled to climb on just as much as Jasper struggled to get up but she got a burst of energy and flew out of the desert.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Previous