With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

[-Sacred Duty-]::[Private for Now]

Postby robopup24 » 04/08/2008 1:22 AM

(OOC: Time to kick off my second serious plot D<;;)
[area]Come demons of fire and darkness. Drive away the Shadows.
Come spirits of air and light. Shield me from the Dark Will.
-Book of Tyr::Anonymous-
[/area]

The strange ruins in the middle of the desert was a sore sight for the few natives who lived in the wasteland. It was not unlike Lambastia's Grand Cathedral...which gave the desert dwellers even more reasons to avoid it. Rumors spread around the campfires of those natives of evil things lurking in there. Tales of demons and evil deities residing in the ruins had made it a taboo place for them to step in.

The ruins themselves resembled an ancient palace, an old fragment of the past. The shattered windows, which must have been covered with once beautiful stained glass, were constantly battered by the whirling sand. The interior wasn't any better off. The crumbling ceiling had sent huge debris crashing into the stone floor that was half-covered with ancient sand. The very sound of that sharp crack that sounded when another part of the ceiling broke off convinced any native that evil forces were at work in there.

The natives dubbed the place as 'Malath'...Living Hell on Evelon, in their language.

One could look at the ruins and laugh at the 'stupid superstition'. But...there was always something odd about that place...something that seemed to make those worn stones cast an eerie aura around itself. Strange sounds were heard at certain times of the night from Malath...blood-chilling, unearthly sounds...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 04/08/2008 8:27 PM

ImageImage

It was the sandstorm season, the time of year when ferocious sandstorms rage across the desert. Even the natives did not dare to venture out when those deadly storms were raging.

That, however, did not seem to affect the three figures who happened to be traveling through Wilt'no at the moment. And they were nearing the natives' settlements right now.

A strong sandstorm was kicking up already, which made the desert dwellers even more suspicious of these odd outsiders when the scouts confirmed the sightings. What could they have possibly come here for? There was nothing interesting, at least in their knowledge, in this barren land that outsiders would want...

Or was there?

---

"I don't see why you chose to search here." Xena kept her head lowered, trying to ignore the sand that were barraging them. "There are many other places...Mistress." The last word was said with great reluctance, as though the word had a bad meaning.

The Neowockee glanced at his sister and said, "We should not question her ways, Xena. She has not made a wrong decision yet, has she? We should put absolute faith in her abilities." The said person was riding on the Neowockee's back. A hood was drawn tightly over her face, hiding her features.

"It's all right, Carnax." The rider whispered. "Xena did not mean to insult me."

Xena's fur bristled at those words, but she awknowledged them with a low growl. "I beg to differ..." The demon began. Her voice drifted away in mid-sentance as her keen ears picked up a strange noise, barely heard over the howling wind, yes, but it was there...

There was no need to ask the latter if he had heard the mysterious sound. The Neowockee warily backed up, trying to sense who or what it was. "Do you think it is the Others?"

"No." The rider dismounted Carnax, her voice calm. She was not worried. "Desert dwellers, perhaps. That is a good sign. We must be getting close to our goal..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 04/24/2008 12:30 AM

Xena resisted the urge to snort at the Mistress's obvious over-confidence. How could she be so certain of such matters? She was being much too trusting and put too much by the Law. "All the same," the demon muttered, "Prepare for any type of attack."

"I do not think that will be neccesary." The Mistress quietly answered. She stepped forward and began to speak in a strange, foreign tongue. "Kanroo oso."

Carnax and Xena glanced at each other. What did she mean by 'we come in peace'? Almost definitely, they had never heard such a strange greeting.

The Mistress was content to wait as she clutched her cloak tighter to her chest. Cautious figures emerged from the swirling mists of sand, weapons held aloft. Yes, they were the desert dwellers. One could tell from the way they dressed, walked, and even talked.

"Sakooth nara." One of them snapped, sharply nodding at Carnax and Xena.

"Well that's accurate," Xena could not help answering. "We're just man-eating monsters, aren't we, Carnax?"

Carnax stared at her for a long while. "We are?"

"Kanroo saka, kanroo oso." The Mistress calmly answered. The desert dwellers scruntinized them a bit longer before one of them, obviously the patrol leader, stabbed his spear into the hot, whirling sands.

"Iota. Follow."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate