With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

The Garagnir Convention (Garagnirs only!){Closed...}

Postby Akida » 04/27/2008 5:30 PM

Welcome all to the Wilt'no Desert despite the scorching heat the Garagnirs have decided to train up in this harsh area. Come one! Come all! Post thy image and stats and we shall train an army of Garagnirs to take over EVELON!!! -cough- Okay maybe not take over.. but yeah. They've decided to train in select areas, building up skills for future battles.
Please post at least a paragraph and you must be active. That is all I require ^^

Name: K'san
Level: 1
Loyalty: 5
Toughness: 7
Exploration: 5
Endurance: 8
Intelligence: 6
Righteousness: 1
Darkness: 10
Fame: 10
K'san has been dreaming of that he'd evolve. He did not know that he would literally be larger than life! Oh My!! The surprise! Now he has called forth an army of Garagnirs and other very large creatures to prepare for unforseen battles to come. He and his pen brother Ra'ire plan to win every upcoming battle they may face. This plan of course, may have a few flaws.

Name: Ra'ire
Loyalty: 7
Exploration: 8
Intelligence: 10
Righteousness: 3
Darkness: 0
Fame: 8

Like K'san, Ra'ire looked forward to the day he evolved. He too plans to become quite strong and take over... I mean help his pen brother. Dx

Note: Pen Brother meaning they're not really brothers, just grew up together in the same pen. :0)

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/27/2008 5:36 PM

The two Garagnirs look over the horizon then at the gathering crowd.
Let the joining commence! Ra'ire looked at his brother who was lashing at the hot sand with his tail. "They will join brother. You will see." Ra'ire wasn't as sure as he sounded. He was good a deceit, but would dream of decieving his own brother.

"I know they will Ra'ire. A training ground for the newest species of evelon? Of course they'll join! Mayhap not in the masses, but they will come." K'san clawed the sand out of boredom. He was bored quite easily. He stretched his wings and lay in the hot sand and waited with his brother.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sitka » 04/27/2008 9:52 PM

*Strolls in*

Two enormous Garagnir flew through the stuffy air of the Wilt'no Desert. Earlier that day they had seen advertising for Garagnir training and, being newly evolved, the two decided to check out the convention.

They were brothers, Cain being a Marble Garagnir and Abel being Tarnished. Seeing another duo similar to themselves, the circled in the air before landing with a loud thud.

"Whew. Made it." Abel said, grinning at his brother who was stretching his wings.

"I hate flying." he declared, but was ignored as Abel approached K'san and Ra'ire.

"Hello." he said bowing his head in hello. Cain trailed behind, eyeing the two curiously. "I'm Abel and this is my brother Cain."

[1]
Image Image
“To appreciate the beauty of a snow flake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold."
- Zoo Pen -About Beatrice -
<- Copernicus Level 1 . //
Muffin Here
Sitka
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 195
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/28/2008 12:42 AM

Being the most certain of the two, K'san was the first to see the pair arrive. He grinned to himself in satisfaction and stopped clwing the sand. The first pair looked alot like himself and his brother. "Just as I have said Ra'ire, not in the masses, but they will come. These two look like they will do just fine here. Let us greet them brother." K'san lifted his large mass onto his legs and over the pair once more. "Indeed they will  do fine," he thought.

Ra'ire looked up when he heard a loud thud. He saw a pair of garagnir much like himself and K'san. When he heard his brother's words he, too, stood and stepped forward. As the Tarnished one introduced himself and his brother, Ra'ire dipped his large head. He saw that K'san had done the same thing. "Welcome to your new training grounds." He had gone over what to say a thousand times in his mind, and now he noted that this action does help somewhat. "I am Ra'ire and this is my pen brother K'san. We will be hosting this convention many separate times. Each in a specially selected area." He looked over to K'san and let him say his fill of the introduction.

"As my brother has stated, the areas we have chosen to train in are specially selected. Why, I already have them mapped out in my mind. Today we start off in this here desert. We shall mainly concentrate on survival, and endurance in this here scorching heat. It is not only the heat we should worry about, but also the cold that comes at night. I will tell you more later. Anyhow, welcome brothers Abel and Cain."

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/28/2008 6:45 PM

((May I join?))

Loyalty: 7/40
Toughness: 5/100
Exploration: 9/40
Endurance: 10/100
Intelligence: 6/100
Righteousness: 3/40
Darkness: 0/40
Fame: 7/40

"Convention...convention...where are you?"  Star mumbled to herself as she flew side by side with the clouds.  Apparently, word of a convention of some sort was being held out here specially for Garagnir.  It involved helping them learn skills or something of that sort.  She wasn't entirely sure but she'd give it a shot.  Extra knowledge never hurt anyone...at least for her it didn't.

The sun's rays reflected lightly off of her scales, making her appear to glow radiantly.  The heat, however, did not penetrate her hardened skin, keeping her comfortable and able to bear the heat.  Suddenly, movement below her caused her to halt slowly.  She hovered over the creatures below before descending gracefully.  The beat of her wings scattered sand in all directions as she made touch down.  She looked around at the other Garagnir.  She smiled calmly before folding her wings against her sides.

"Well I do believe I have reached the place of mention.  The Garagnir convention, right?  Hello I'm Star.  Nice to meet you all."  She nodded politely to each member of the gathering.

{1}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Sitka » 04/28/2008 7:30 PM

Abel watched as another Garagnir approached, flying overhead. When she landed, both Cain and Abel bowed their heads in welcome.

"Yes, this is the convention." Abel said gleefully, excited that others like him were showing up. Cain however, snuggled into the sand, making himself comfortable. Abel glared at his brother's lack of enthusiasm, but smiled at Star.

"My name is Abel" he declared, then quickly gestured to Cain. "And that's Cain, my brother."

Cain grunted in response.

"Hopefully, more will arrive soon." Abel muttered, looking at the skies. Cain rolled his eyes at his brother, then closed them, basking in the heat of the sun.

Is too lazy to make font smaller again XD

[2]
Image Image
“To appreciate the beauty of a snow flake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold."
Muffin Here
Sitka
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/29/2008 3:06 AM

((Of course you can ^^))

K'san looked up just as a coral and cream garagnir landed behind Cain and Abel. She reminded him of his sister Kra'el. He step forward and bowed to her. "Welcome to our convention. I am K'san leading garagnir here. We are all leaders in our own way, but my brother and I run this convention. I see you have already met brothers Abel and Cain. We well begin when I think enough have joined, but until then we shall mingle."

Ra'ire appeared behind his brother as soon as he heard his name. "I hope you mentioned me brother." He looked at the newcomer. "Star, was it? Welcome. I'm sure K'san filled you in on everything already. I am Ra'ire and I am glad you have decided to join us." He looked across at Cain. He'd decide to take him under his wing. Maybe work his careless behavior into a strength. K'san would most likely agree with this plan.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Levenox » 04/29/2008 6:41 PM

Flapping her wings harder and harder, Kala made her way across the great desert. She had been informed by her friend Sekkou, the information gatherer, that there was going to be some sort of convention between her species. A gathering, and a way to train. Loving training, and the general location of where this convention was going to take place, she had jumped on the idea, and immediately set out to arrive there.

Spotting several below, including two of her coloration, surprisingly, she began to go in a slow circle.  At last reaching the ground, Kala landed upon the ground, with a small poof of glittering sand going upwards due to the back current from the wind. Glancing to the others, she spoke softly. "I heard there was a Garagnir meeting, to train and mingle, here. I can assume I am correct. My name is Kala. She dipped her head to the others in greeting.
Levenox
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 109
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 04/29/2008 6:42 PM

(Bother?)

Marble Stargoyle

Muse

A black dragon blocked out the sun. Muse flew down to the group, looking at all of them. "I heard this is the convention yes?" He had a bit of an English accent, looking at the pairs of black and green Garagnir. 'The leaders? Maybe.' He thought, then looked at the pink one. A pink Garagnir? Never.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/29/2008 7:27 PM

"Pleasure to meet you all!"  Star laughed happily.  She was surprised as more and more Garagnir arrived still!  The strange thing was, to her, none of the others seemed to be of her coloration.  'Strange...I thought there would be more like me...oh well'  She didn't think much of it.  She was just happy to be with others of the same species.  

"It seems I must be the only translucent colored Garagnir to arrive first.  Now I must stick out like a sore thumb."  She laughed to herself.  So far six others had shown up not including herself.  This was going to be interesting.

{2}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sitka » 04/29/2008 7:44 PM

Abel grinned widely, nudging his brother to look at all the newcomers. Cain lazily opened an eye, nodded, and went back to his basking.

"Hello everyone!" he said, trying to mask the large amount of excitement in his voice. He never expected such a large turn-out, and he sincerely prayed that more were on their way.

Cain growled in annoyance. The delighted chatter in the background distrubed his peace. With a grunt he stood, shook the sand off his body, and took a position next to his brother.

[3]
Image Image
Muffin Here
Sitka
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Levenox » 04/29/2008 9:28 PM

Kala looked about the others, and nodded in response to each as they gave their welcoming greeting. Turning to the only other female there, the Coral like Garagnir, she chuckled and uttered an agreement. "Yes, you do stand out somewhat Star. However is that naught interesting, and fun? I would find it most enjoyable, I however, seem to blend in with the crowd. Perhaps the reason for your singularity is that we are in this arid desert, are your type generally prefers cool water. Im not sure however, perhaps more will show up later?"

Kala was now curious about what was to happen next. When would the training begin? How she wished to grow in power and ability, so that she might become better for it. However, she did not greatly mind, as it was interesting and fun to speak with others of her kind, which were few in number.

[2]
Levenox
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 109
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/29/2008 11:03 PM

K'san became very delighted at the amount of garagnirs that actually showed up. He smiled to himself and looked at the latest two. Once again they were a tarnished and quarry pair. Though they did not arrive together, they added to the equality of the tarnish/quarry side. The only one whom was different was Star. He thought of his pen sister whenever he saw her. He'd decide to take her under his wing. He thought in his mind, "This should be about enough to start.."  He called his brother over. "Ra'ire, I've decided to take Star under wing. Who do you think you should take underwing? Also, I've decided to start with who we have now. All I need is your input on things."

Ra'ire made his way toward his brother. He was looking over the group, especially the newcomers. He noticed his brother was in deep thought before he spoke to him. "You were thinking the same as I brother. I was thinking of taking Cain under my lead. Wise choice don't you think. His attitude can be used to add to his strength. His brother seems to be doing well on his own, so he should be fine. As for starting now, I think it would be best." He looked over the group once more. "There are those who wish to start soon."

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/01/2008 7:09 PM

Star looked at Kala and laughed lightly.  "Yes I suppose you're right.  I figured I'd mix things up a little and see how I would fair in a desert-type landscape.  The sand here also reminds me of sea shores and relaxes me some."  She paused and thought about the rest of what she had said.  "Yeah I suppose it is nice to stand out a little...be unique."  She grinned.

Star then heard her name be mentioned by K'san and came to attention.  From what she heard, she was apparently going to be with him during the training which was fine by her.  Training was getting underway now.  This is what she was waiting for.  She wondered just how more prepared this training would make her for events in the future.  As long as she learned new things she was up for the challenge.

{3}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sitka » 05/01/2008 9:39 PM

Abel laughed and babbled to Cain, going out about some of the things he wished to accomplish. Cain half-listened, glancing at those who showed, sizing them up.

When he heard his name mentioned, he looked over K'san and Ra'ire suspiciously, but when they announced the commencement of the training, he received at sharp jab to the side, courtesy of an overexcited Abel.

After shooting his brother a dirty look, he glanced one more time to the founder's direction, before leaning over and muttering something into Abel's ear.

Abel's eyes widened, then rolled, and he chastised his brother on his paranoia. Cain seemed unconvinced.

[4]
Image Image
Muffin Here
Sitka
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next