With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

An Interesting Sight -dead-

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 04/28/2008 11:07 PM

ImageImage

"Was that a mirage?" "Is the heat finally getting to me?" Any traveler that had been in the desert for a wile would certainly have questions like thoughs running through their minds at the specticle that raced through the scorching sands. A small cuniflare could be seen riding the back of a large turkezilla about twice the cuniflare's size. In the smaller creature's paws were reigns that fitted around the bird's powerful jaws. The cuniflare, befittingly named Kriat, pointed his trusted mount into the wind, sand clinging to his fur and the turkezilla dubbed Zues's feathers. However, they both seemed determined.

Zues used his front claws along with his feet to pull himself over the shifty ground under him, letting his fluffy rider guide him in the right directions. "Get on, Zues! Get on!" Kriat urged. Now just because the cuniflare wasn't running like his companion didn't mean he wasn't building endurance as well. The blazing heat collected in his dark fur and his skin felt like it was on fire. All the wile the equally hot wind blew sand into the bunny's eyes and ears, rubbing them raw. Zue's tender neck and head were also very red.

Kriat's nose twitched and he tugged on his mount's reigns lightly. "Steady, Zues. Steady." he called. When the turkezilla had come to a complete stop, Kriat lifted his nose in the air and flicked his ears about. Yes, water was near. They were close to an oasis. Kriat could feel himself going up and down by Zues's heavy panting. The cuniflare tapped the reigns and pointed Zues torward the scent of the water.
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 04/28/2008 11:38 PM

ImageImage  

Himiko & Coope

A large dark shadow blocked out the sun as it went over the desert. They had been traveling for a fair amount of time. Now if you could see them they would seem a bit lost. A large Tarnished Garagnir was flying pretty close to the ground. It almost looked like her might crash, but whoever had his reigns was a pretty good rider as she pulled him out of stupor enough to get him to land safely. As safely as she could anyway, the landing hadn't been as smooth as she hoped, it seemed to create a small earthquake. As could now be seen a small, in comparison, fellox was the driver. The Peacer Fellox was able to carefully leap of the large creatures back to the sand. What the two were searching for not many knew. It was another fellox though, she was hard to find.

"Himiko, are you alright? Sorry for the landing." Coope almost growled back. That was just the way he was. His voice always seemed angry. Though he wasn't an angry garagnir. Far from it, he was very kind. Though he does get a little rude, okay very rude, when he's annoyed.

"No Coope, I am fine. We just need to find somewhere to rest. We have been flying for a very long time." Himiko replied. Her voice, unlike Coope's  was very soft and comforting. She almost seemed to have a royal apperance to her. Every move she made was graceful and everything she said was polite.

He’s like a curse, he’s like a drug
You get addicted to his love
You wanna get out
But he’s holding you down
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch
He’s a good time Cowboy Casanova

## Adalfieri ##

Cabin/Breeders/Trading/Wishes
Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 04/29/2008 7:02 PM

Kriat and Zues both jumped as they felt the ground seem to lurch under them. The cuniflare had been washing his face and ears in a small pond when he spotted a cloud of sand billow up not far from them, and a pair of voices. Zues emitted a ferocious squak, but Kriat quieted him. "Be still, Zues." Without any hesitation, the small creature patted the turkezilla's head with a paw. Zues relaxed a bit, but was still wary.

It was then that the enourmase creature came into view. A garagnir, no doubt. And what was that glowing creature next to him? Ahhh, a peacer fellox. It was the first time the venom cuniflare had ever laid eyes on one. "Oiii!" he called, flicking his ears back and forth to use the ribbons as a sort of signal. Zues was in the water by now, preening himself and drinking thirstily.

Kriat clicked his toung, which was an instruction for Zues not to move from that spot, and went hopping daintily torward the two newcomers. "There is an oasis just over there with shade and water. We can talk there, if you wish. I am Kriat, and my companion is called Zues. You have no need to fear him." Not that the garagnir would need to fear a turkezilla, as he was about one hundred times larger.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 04/29/2008 7:35 PM

When all the sand had cleared she then noticed a small cuniflare and a turkezilla close by. They were near a small pond which, right now, looked very good. "Thank you greatly. We have been traveling for a long time. Searching for a couple of people." Himiko made a small bowing motion and walked towards the pond. Himiko was glad that they had found some kind friends to help her. Coope snorted and walked/wobbled to the pond. He wasn't to fond of others but if Himiko liked them, then they must be okay. Himiko followed close behind him. It wasn't that she was scared, his shadow was just very cooling.

They finally reached the small pond and Himiko bent her head down to take a long drink. Once she was finished she picked her head up and sat down. Then a surprised look came across her face. "Oh, my appologies, we have not introduced ourselves. I am Himiko and this is Coope. He is my bodyguard of sorts."

The garagnir of course decided to just nod his head when his name was said. He wasn't trying to be well, he just wasn't as well spoken as Himiko. He would rather that Himiko spoke for him. That's why he was traveling with her, also he wanted to protect her.

You wanna get out
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch

## Adalfieri ##

Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 04/29/2008 7:56 PM

Zues's head shot up from the water as Himiko neared the edge. A slight growl bubbled in his throat. "Peace." Kriat said stirnly. The turkezilla climbed out of the water and laid down in the shade of one of the surrounding palm trees. "Don't mind him." Kriat explained, "He isn't used to others. And he's very protective of me." The large bird-reptile was already asleep.

The cuniflare waded back into the shallow part of the pond and began washing the sand out of his now raw ears and red eyes. "It is a pleasure to meet you." he said between splashes. "Me and that big guy over there just needed to get out and build up our endurance." He shook himself, careful not to splatter too much water on the two. "Please don't find Zues rude. He's feral."

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 05/01/2008 10:11 PM

Himiko smiled and also waded into the shallows of the water. It was nice and refreshing to her. She hadn't been in nice water like this since being back at the cabin. What were they doing back at the cabin anyway? Had he come back? Was she with him? So many questions buzzed in her head but you wouldn't know it from the outside.

"Oh, no. I do not find it rude. He must not like others, Coope is the same. He always tries to have me speak his mind. It works most of the time. Though I do connect better to spirits then people's thoughts." She smiled softly to the cuniflare. He was good company and he might have seen Rao somewhere. As she went to ask him, however, at this moment Coope decided to slouch into the deeper part of the water which, due to his large size, rose up and seemed to almost make it rain for a second. Well this was more wet then she wanted to get.

You wanna get out
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch

## Adalfieri ##

Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 05/02/2008 9:35 AM

The cuniflare sheilded himself weakly with his paws from the flying water. It felt quite nice, actually. It dropped on his scorching dark fur and seemed to sizzle as it doused the unsees flames. "Peace." Kriat's ears shot up, flinging more water behind him. His eyes fixed on the now dripping Zues laying a few meters away. Kriat could've swore he'd just heard him-"Peeeeace." He had! that growling voice had been Zues! Kriat leapt out of the water and darted over to him, ignoring the mud that built up on his feet. "Zues! Your talking!" he chirped excitedly. "Peace." Zues replied in a deep, growling voice, as if in agreement. Kriat was beside himself. "Peacepeacepeace." "It must be because I say that to him alot." the cuniflare explained.

The turkezilla sat up and ambled back over to the water, preening himself more. "Z-Z-Zu-Zues." The bird-reptile sounded out his name as he looked at the peacer fellox. It would seem he was trying to introduce himself. Kriat dove back into the water, still unable to believe what he was hearing.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 05/04/2008 8:17 PM

The amount of water that landed on her surprised Himiko but she just took it as a refreshing shower out here in the hot sun. She turned to Coope and said "Coope, could you please be more careful. I was not trying to get wet, but now that I am, Thank you." She smiled at her bodyguard and turned to the venom cuniflare. She saw that the water did not bother him and smiled. Then she heard it, a voice that did not belong to anyone here, at least she thought it didn't. She turned and saw the turkezilla approaching her. My, she thought that the creature couldn't speak. That it chose to speak, or at least try to, to her made her feel wonderful.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Zues. I am Himiko, though you may have heard that before." Truth be told she was not really afraid of the creature. Many creatures seem to be drawn to her. She was happy that there was some good she could do. Even if it was just having someone speak to her, someone who did not like to talk. Coope on the other hand didn't like it one bit. He didn't like anyone getting close to Himiko especially since what happened before.

You wanna get out
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch

## Adalfieri ##

Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 05/05/2008 3:27 PM

(Sorry, I just have to post again to get somewhere else. We're still continuing this though.)

Coope really wasn't happy about this. After all it took him forever to talk to Himiko. He thought that she was a wonderfully nice fellox and that no one should annoy her. Why did this turkezilla think he had the right to talk to her. It made him very upset that she would let anyone near her without fear for her own safety. What if the thing wanted to eat her? Or what if it was going to take her away? Sure, these were all pretty irrational but that's the way Coope thought when he was angry. He rose out of the water and sat closer to Himiko, just in case.

You wanna get out
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch

## Adalfieri ##

Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 05/05/2008 5:43 PM

Zues tilted his head as Himiko spoke to him. Even Kriat couldn't tell if the turkezilla understood her or not. Zues's eyes sparked as the enourmase creature moved closer. He backed up in a sort of shielding manner in front of Kriat, snarling in his throat. He didn't really comprehend much in the situation. All the bird saw was a giant thing moving closer to his friend. A giant thing that could squish and hurt, if given the chance.

Kriat, on the other hand, patted Zues on the beak. "Peace. I don't think he plans to hurt anyone." Zues relaxed just a bit, but still kept a wary eye on Coope. "Pardon me, sir." the cuniflare almost had to yell up to Coope in order to be heard. "Has Zues or myself done something to offend? I can assure you it was not intentional."

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 05/06/2008 5:11 PM

Coope, though he heard the cuniflare, decided to ignore him. If he couldn't figure out why he moved closer then he would just have to deal. No one got close to Himiko without Coope's permission, unless that some one was Zephyr. He only snorted at the two causing a small breeze to go past them.

"I do not think that it is your fault Kriat. I think Coope here is just getting a little nervous about people getting close to me. Ever since the incident Coope is not very nice to strangers who approach me. He did not mean any harm to you two." She smiled back to the two and thne looked up to Coope, giving him a stern glare. She could handle herself, she was no dummy. She knew, well most of the time, if someone as going to harm her. Of course if Coope were to bring up the 'Incident' that would prove that she really did trust everyone she knew, unless they proved her wrong. By then, though, she could be hurt.

You wanna get out
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch

## Adalfieri ##

Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 05/06/2008 6:18 PM

Kriat's ear twitched. He didn't want to seem rude, but he was curious. How could anyone be able to hurt such a kind-hearted creature? "Please forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds, miss, but what 'incident' do you speak of?" Zues wasn't getting much of this. He was learning to semi-communicate, but his mind still worked rather slowly.

"Peeeeace." the turkezilla said in that growling tone. By now he was just babbling to hear himself talk. After a few minutes, he quieted and returned to the cool water as a shelter from the searing heat.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen Faith » 05/07/2008 4:42 PM

"Well it is very hard to explain but I guess I could try." Himiko sat down in the dirt to tell her story. It was long if you explained it thoroughly but she was not about to bother someone with her life's story. "You see my assistant, a girl by the name of Rao, had been my assistant since I had recently been very overworked. To put it simply, she only worked for me to get to my friend Zephyr, who left shortly after she joined. She got so mad that she chased after him and almost tried to, well, kill me." She had a small, sad smile on at the end of the quick version on the story. She really did not hate Rao for what she did. She might have a good reason for what she did.

Coope, sensing that Himiko would be fine for now he stalked away to a patch of shade. Why did she need to tell anyone and everyone her problems? Couldn't she just be shy for once? Even just being quiet and ignoring people who talk to her would work. Just anything but this.

You wanna get out
‘Cause you can’t live
Without one more touch

## Adalfieri ##

Fallen Faith
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Twisted_Shadow » 05/08/2008 3:39 PM

( I hope it's okay if I join?)

Whip's body slid over  the hot sand. Since he was a reptile the heat wasn't bothering him to much, but he really was thirsty. He finally found that oasis where the other pets where. He did not like company that much, but he could, if he really wanted to, deal with them and even be charmant in a sort of way. He slithered closer to them, still unoticed. His eyes fell to the big Garagnir and Whip froze for a moment. Then He decidet to get closer. "Hello gentlemen" he hissed, loud enough everyone could hear him. "Lady" he  added, bowing his head down and peering at Himiko through his darting green eyes, a sly grin on his face. "I really dont want to interrupt your little get-together here, but I was wondering, could I just get some water and rest here for a while? Only if it doesnt bother you too much."
Twisted_Shadow
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 05/15/2008 7:26 PM

(It's okay, just please use captilization and punctuation. ^^; )

The cuniflare's eyes were both sympathetic and a bit outraged. "Jealousy. What a destructive emotion." he said aloud to no one in particular. Suddenly, Zues began squaking and screeching and all in all going into a frenzy. He awkwardly ran over to Kriat on the loose ground, standing protectivly over them and growling more viciously than Kriat had ever seen. "Zues! What's gotten into-" The slidra's voice answered everything. Zues was still going berserk, slowly becoming a threat. Kriat took in a breath and spit, a slimy, toxic green substance sticking to Zues's wing and sizzling. The turkezilla squawked with pain and darted to the water, trying to wash it off.

Kriat watched his companion a moment. He hated having to do that, but sometimes Zues left him no choice. Kriat couldn't blame him, though. He himself was keeping a rather wide amount of space between him and the snake. "So sorry about that." he said without faultering. "Me and Zues have had some...Interesting experiences with your kind." His eyes flicked to Himiko, a bit worried for her at first, then he figured if the slidra tried anything he'd soon be squashed flat beneath the sand by the garagnir standing by.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next