With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Dark Skies, Bright Sand [Private]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/02/2008 10:16 PM

Nyt--Human Form

Snowy's blue boots sunk deep into the sand, and she sheilded her eyes against the lowering sun as she reached the top of the dune. A boy who looked a few year older than her -maybe two or three- followed, his hair a blaze of orange licked with bright blue ends. His orange Chucks didn't share much comparison too the orangey yellow of the sand. "Nyt..." she whispered. The boy reached her side and smiled. "Yeah, isn't it beautiful?" he'd been with Snowy since the day he'd left Xidel's Trading Post, and he liked to keep it that way. He was glad to be with Snowy. She was gentle and fun with him, always ready to do what he wanted. She helped him clean sometimes too, while usually others let him with no offerings to help. He'd appreciated him in a way that no one else had. He was falling in love with a girl. He grabbed her hand, pulling her with him down the steep hill of sand. "C'mon, there's something special up ahead, but we have to wait at the bottom of this dune until nightfall. Then we should be able to get there." he said, his eyes sparking with excitement. Snowy smiled, but she didn't want to wait another minute. "Oh, can't we go now?" she said. "It'll be too dark by the time it's night here." she said, a bit of longing in her voice. Nyt laughed. "No, we must wait for the moon to shine on the sand. Then we will find our way to my surprise."
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/03/2008 2:04 PM

Snowy frowned. "Why?" she asked, being a bit demanding. Nyt smiled. "You'll see..." he said cheerfully, trying to ignore her upset face.

He turned to look out at the sight of the ever-fading light of the sun, and sat down on the warm sand. He felt good being here. It was warm and still and beautiful, the way he liked things. He dug his hand into the cooling sand, trying to soak in every bit of its warmth. It made him shiver with delight. He could tell that he belonged here somehow... in someway, he knew it inside him. He watched as Snowy sat down beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder. He could get used to that. He laid his head on hers, smiling happily.
"Snowy, you're so impaitient." he said, and he thought he heard a giggle escape from her.

Snowy was surprised how exceptionally close she'd gotten to Nyt. It was only a few weeks ago that she obtain him from Xidel's Trading Post. She'd been surprised she'd been picked at all. But as they got to know eachother, she felt it was fate. He cared for her like no other boyfriend or even family member had, and made her good. He enjoyed her company too, when most others found her annoying. She'd giggled at his joke, but not because he was funny. It was because he knew her so well that that would be such a lighthearted joke. Bonding for them was sitting in Wilt'no, while for others it was Idalani Falls. Snowy didn't care where they were, as long as she was with him.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/03/2008 3:44 PM

The sun was just at the edge of the horizon when Snowy got up. "Nyt, come on. At least tell me where we're going... please?" she asked, giving him a pleading look. Nyt smiled and said simply, "The sand will lead us there, my love." Snowy frowned again, watching the sun sink below the ground. She stretched, and they wre being slowly dragged into the darkened desert of Wilt'no. A steady wind blew, moving the sand around them and making Snowy lose her footing and fall forward. Nyt quickly picked her up, and she brushed herself off. "Can we go now-"
She stopped when she saw Nyt was nowhere to be seen.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/03/2008 3:52 PM

"Nyt!" she cried, stepping forward and around, trying to find her love. She ran around, her cries getting more and more desparate. Suddenly she plunged down into darkness, sand filling her mouth and ears and nose. And then she was in an empty room on her bottom, trying to cough up any sand still in any holes. She shook out her hair, and spat out some sand. "Welcome to my secret hideaway." Nyt's voice came from behind her, and she saw the blue of his fur dirght in the moonlight that filtered through the sand in the hole. "Where... are we?" Snowy asked as the Leawolf form of her lover came next her, nuzzling her. He was silent, as he always was when in this form. "Nyt, this is beautiful..." and it was, for the moonlight also bounced off of the polished marble with silver veins in it, and the whole room sparkled with a radiance unknown to most.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/04/2008 12:44 PM

Nyt barked happily, his leafy tail swishing loudly. Snowy petted his head while she walked around, Nyt staying close by her side. He suddenly barked loudly, turning Snowy's attention to a tunnel. "You want me to go down there?" she asked. The Leawolf nodded, then briskly trotted over to the place. Snowy followed, careful not to bump into the vibrant Leawolf. In the darkness, she stepped on his tail, so he let her go in front of him after a few pain filled minutes. "Nyt, where are we going?" she asked, hoping that he would become the man she knew and loved. But he didn't, staying in his faithful Leawolf position behind her. She kept walking, being sure to not lose Nyt. When he realized that she was nervous, he nosed his way next to her, his pelt brushing comfortably against her side.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/04/2008 12:51 PM

As she walked farther, she found the tunnel opened up into another cavern. "So... another hole? Great," she said sarcastically, sighing with frustration. She hated these one-sided conversations. It bothered her that Nyt wouldn't respond to her.

Nyt sighed on the inside. He really wished he could talk to her, but they were too far into the cave. There was a certain law in the cave that he could not break, even if he wanted too. The magic protected all in it, turning all pets into their true forms. It was really just an old precaution, protecting the people from the more savage pets, like Battlehearts or Mekkayenas. He had tried to read some hyrogliphics that were in the cave that they were in now, but he couldn't understand them. Then he remembered that Snowy had some experience, because she studied some of the older cultures, like the Eqyptians. He hoped taht she knew what they said.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/04/2008 9:27 PM

He nosed Snowy's hand, lifting it, then gently grabbed it in his mouth. He guided her towards the dark wall, hoping that she could see the hyroglyphics as well as he could in his Leawolf state.

Snowy could see the hyroglphics, she just couldn't believe it. "These... here?" she said loudly, staring at them hungrily. "Time to see if I can really read these things..." she said, quickly scanning them, stopping once or twice to feel the picture and observe, making sure she was sure that it meant whatever she thought it did. By the time she was finished reading, Nyt was asleep. It had taken her a while, and she had to pull out her pen and some paper to write down some of the things she translated. Now she was pretty sure she knew the answer. "Nyt," she said, shaking him lightly. He got up, yawning widely. He gave her a look that screamed curiousity as she explained the message.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/05/2008 4:21 PM

"Nyt, this message is amazing. It tells all about how this place was cursed, and any pet cannot change from their true form. A powerful shaman placed the curse after the king of this palace disguised his fiercest warriors as the smaller and gentler pets, like Lecchis and Wispwings. Then, when the king tried to get the shaman to reverse the curse, he buried the kingdom, and since this was inscribed about what happened to this place after, I think the shaman put it here. It talks about him being mighty and powerful and that no one should defy him, for he was granted the god's might and force. It also goes on about how the kingdom was useless with the king -his name was King Rutekann- at the throne, and that his magical abilities were used to try to overthrow him, but with his disguised pet army, he also had pets that were larger and more useful in war with their true pet forms, like Battlehearts, Garudors and Serraptors. Wow, this is just... amazing. When they said that there were lost cities out here, I never believed it... until now..." she said, slumping down against the wall. She had stayed up for a few hours trying to crack the writing, and now that she had exceeded and relayed it to Nyt, she was exhausted. With Nyt curled up beside her, she quickly fell asleep with her arm wrapped around Nyt's neck.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/05/2008 7:51 PM

Snowy woke to a strange rustling noise that had crept into her great dream of she and her relatives Rena, Marie and Kairi sharing a night at a great fair, with lights and cotton candy and corn dogs and ferris wheels...

Nyt jumped up at the second time the rustling came. "What is it, Nyt?" she asked, almost thinking that she could get a response. He lifted a leg, looking like a pointer spaniel in the position, directing her towards the noise. She carefully got up. Oh, how she wished she could become a mole! But the spell prevented any in their true form from changing into a form not true to their birth. She carefully stepped closer to the scuffling noise, until it was clearly heard. She glanced down the corridor it was coming from. Something was down there. Nyt seemed to notice it too, and must've felt threatened, because a low growl started to creep forward from his throat. She placed a light hand on his muzzle, silencing him for the moment. She put a foot in the corridor, then another. Something kept her from going too fast, as if something was pulling her back...

Something was pulling her back, actually. It was a vibrantly colored Leawolf, unable to let his love go any farther. She turned around, pryed his jaws from her jacket and went forward a bit faster. Realizing that he should follow instead of prevent, he gave the Leawolf equivilent of a sigh and ran ofter her, paws silent as the night as they lightly skimmed the stone floor.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/06/2008 7:00 PM

Suddenly, Snowy skidded to a stop, Nyt running into her. A shadow was being cast from around the corner. That meant two things: One, they weren't alone. And two, there was light up ahead. Squinting her eyes to prepare for the bright light that was to pierce her dialated pupils, she started to move forward slowly. But her movement caught the attention of the figure making the shadow, and soon they found that it was a Lecchi. "Why, hello!" he said in perfect english with a slight egyptian accent. "Welcome to the UnderSand City!" he smiled cheerfully. Snowy looked at him in surprise. Surely this was a trick?
"Um, you're not going to hurt us?" she asked. Nyt stepped up next to her. "No, of course not! You're with Nytenkatuyt." he said, smiling broadly at Nyt. "Nytenkatuyt, welcome back to your home! I'm surprised the gods granted you passage back to our Earth-bound city." he said. Well, wasn't that puzzling. They were taking him for a soldier, apparently a dead one! "No, wait, I'm not-" Nyt said suddenly. Snowy looked at him, looking shocked. "But he can't- he shouldn't be able to-"
"Talk? Yes, I know. You've entered the heart of the city with the rest of the palace, which wasn't totally coated with the evil magic the shaman spread. No, this magic preserves us, and grants us verbal communication. But really, we just got lucky." he said, winking. "Now, come, come! We have a feast prepared in your honor."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/08/2008 4:42 PM

Snowy glanced at Nyt with a look of bewilderment. He smiled. "More mysteries for us to solve." he said, smiling. "Aw, and I thought it could just be a night between the two of us." Snowy said, smiling. Nyt smiled back. They both walked through the rest of the hall and under a large arch ingraved with something in more hyroglyphics. Snowy examined them before saying, "The home of the Preserved. Watch your step." Nyt smiled at the small joke they had included in their writing. The poor Lecchis, they must be taken for granted a lot! They walked towards where the Lecchi was skittering. "Welcome back, Nytenkatuyt!" shouted a large bunch of Evelonian pets in front of them, sitting at an oblong table. "Sit down, sit down!" the Lecchi said, motioning to a seat at the end. Another arrived quickly as Snowy looked around for somewhere to sit. She carefully took the chair from two abnormally strong Chimerantulas and sat down next to Nyt. "Ah, your mate Leyha, I assume?" said the same Lecchi, staring at Snowy with big eyes. Well, at least there wasn't a coincidence in names there. "Because I thought that the god of storms would not be able to access our land." Snowy's hope fell. How could this've happened? She had storm powers, along with her cousins! She stared at Nyt, who paid her no attention. His eyes were on the large banquet in front of them. "Wow, this is all for us?" he said, his tongue swiping over his jaws. The Lecchi nodded. "All for your safe return to Earth, my dear Captain. We would not be here without you!"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/10/2008 9:20 PM

He nodded, oblivious to their praise. He was just really hungry. That was one thing that was never satisfied for him. His appetite. Kairi has tired, and the rest of the girls. But really, there was no satisfying it. It scared them. Snowy understood it though. She has almost as big an apetite. Prefect pair, huh?

Well, getting back on track, Snowy heard what they said. "Wait, what did he save you all from?" she asked. The whole table went silent, even making Nyt turn to look. The Lecchi frowned. "Boy, a lot does get by you gods, dunnit? Hmmm, well, I guess I should remind Nytenkatuyt, just because I think coming from the afterlife has wiped his memory, because he doesn't even remember his right hand man." he said, smiling. Nyt smiled. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" he said. "But I'm not-"
"Oh, Captain! Do not tell me you are not hungry. You're always full when I try to cook for you!"
Snowy smiled when Nyt whispered, "I hope he didn't cook this."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/16/2008 4:09 PM

Nyt quickly stood up, smiling. "Well, since I'm here, let the feast begin!"

Snowy looked at him in disbelief. "What?" she hissed when he sat back down. "You expect me to continue on pretending so you can get some free food?!"

Nyt frowned. He'd at least expected Snowy to play along. He sighed. "Sorry." he mumbled. Grabbing a bowl of rice, he poured some onto his plate, along with other simple delicacies. He did the same for Snowy before wolfing down his plate. Snowy wasn't going to eat, but as the food was piled onto her plate, she realized how hungry she was. How long had they been down here? She looked up, and saw the the sun came through small holes high above her. It was shining through the hole behind her. She reached into her pocket, fumbling around for her compass. As skin met metal, she grabbed it like a crane machine and whipped it out, finding that the sun was in the east. Morning already? They had been here longer than she'd thought. She timidly took a few bites of her meal, trying to figure out what to do. She felt trapped. She didn't want to rude to the nice people of the underground city, but then again she didn't want to stay either. There were that rock and that annoyingly hard place looming on either side of her again. And she'd thought that this would have been a bit easier.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/25/2008 9:47 PM

Snowy finished her meal for the most part, leaving only soggy crusts and miniscule crumbs. She sighed, stuffed. Getting up slowly, she looked at the extended belly of Nyt. He groaned. Uh-oh, he had just a little too much food. The Lecchi skittered over, for most of the creatures that had been there earlier had disappeared. "You have had your fill? I suppose you both have, but Nytenkatuyt has eaten for three." he said, laughing loudly. "Come, come, we have prepared your quarters."
"Wait a minute, we're not-"
"Not done yet? Of course you are! Anyways, we have no more food. Please, come!"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/01/2008 3:18 PM

Snowy and Nyt followed, but followed just a bit reluctantly. They weren't sure what was going to happen next, and it didn't help that they knew nothing of what this little lecchi was speaking about. So far, Snowy had only figured that with the mage's magic, the city was buried, along with their finest warriors, who were truely pets at first, and have been preserved down here ever since. And she knew that they thought her a great diety, and Nyt a famous and beloved soldier. Hmph. This was a bit confusing. And why were they here again? How long had it been that they began their exploration here? Her head buzzed with questions as they were led to the center of the underground city, a large palace taking up her view. She gaped openly at it, as did Nyt. This suprised their host a bit. "Do you not remember the palace, Nytenkatuyt? Ho ho ho! I am suprised, for before, you said that this place could never be forgotten!"

Nyt looked at him, feeling uneasy. And not because he felt bad that he still hadn't told the truth about him not being who they think they are, but because he was actually remembering the palace. He shook his head roughly. No, he couldn't of remembered it! He'd never been here!

Suddenly, a wave of darkness throttled his head, and he collapsed.

"General! We must fall back! The mage is too strong!"
"No, we will fight until he is defeated. Stand your ground!"
Nyt saw the real Nytenkatuyt, and he was almost exactly like him, except his eyes were deeply rimmed with black makeup. "Then I will destroy this mage myself!" he roared, and Nyt was startled by his bravery and courage and want to defend his people at all costs. Nyt watched as the Leawolf ran towards a large glowing orb which Nyt just noticed, and with one powerful leap, the Egyptian Leawolf had broken through the orb, and the magic dissolved, bringing the magician inside it down with Nytenkatuyt. They fell onto the ground hard, and as dust cleared, you could see they were grappling with eachother, mage against pet. From what Nyt could tell from his view, it looked as if the mage was winning. Suddenly his viewpoint changed, and he was looking down at the mage's face. With a sudden horror he realized that he
was Nytenkatuyt now.
"I will be rid of you." Nytenkatuyt's voice growled at the mage, who stared back at him angrily with his cold and beady black eyes. "You will be the first to die." he replied, and suddenly the mage dissolved, and his laughing echoed harshly through the city. The mage appeared in front of Nytenkatuyt, his staff pointed directly at him. "Now, back up and sit on your bottom like a good little doggy."
Knowing what was at stake, Nyt hoped that the warrior would sit down. He didn't, and instead grabbed the staff between his jaws, threw the magician off, and snapped it.
There was a burst of bright, hot light, and it threw every body within 15 feet of it off the ground. When the dust and magic finally subsided, they found the broken and dead body of Nytenkatuyt on the ground, staff still firmly held in his jaws.

"Nyt! Nyt!" Snowy's voice called Nyt back, and his eyes were opened sleepily as he got up. Shaking himself, he muttered, "How could this've happened?" to himself. Snowy gave him a fierce glare. "You've eaten too much, Nyt. Come, you mustn't stand on those paws much longer. Mr..."
"You may just call me Harkelt, miss."
"Harkelt, could you please direct us to our rooms as quickly as possible and have one of the others bring up a pitcher of water? I need to care for Nyt."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items