With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Darkness is a virtue [P] [Blood]

Postby Matt » 05/24/2008 10:03 PM

Image Image
Distortion & Misfortune
Army & Soldier

The sun rised over sweltering hot dunes, it's brutal rays beating down until it baked the desert. A trail of blood ran across it, like the sand itself bled for all that had been lost.

The Imperials were losing. The cruel Purines had made sure of it.

A small movement flickered behind one of the many dunes, leaving a small splash of blood in it's wake. Whatever it was, it was covered in an unearthly glow. A moment later, a large Lunafly, with feelers large enough to grab even the largest prey, flew out from behind the mound of sand. A large Sparquill followed, a gash in it's side. Electricity formed a shell around it, protecting it from the sun's rays, now like beams of lightning.

Army and Soldier had been defeated for the last time.

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby Matt » 05/24/2008 10:18 PM

Anger welled up inside of Army, so badly that the electricity around him seemed to increase in it's danger. His eyes were now red, and he blinked back more blood. He was wounded, and needed a doctor quickly. Wishing he could have done more, he gave up and sank to the ground.

The Lunafly fluttered around above, muttering with tears welling up in his eyes. "This isn't how it's going to end, my friend. I will save you, if it's the last thing I do." And he lifted the Army up, carrying him on his back, where a small strap, not unlike a saddle, held him in place. "You're not going down without a fight."

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 05/25/2008 1:11 PM

Soldier fluttered about the desert, the heat of day making his heartbeat falter. His large wings flapped on, sending sand everywhere. Army would live. He had to.

The spirit flew on, searching for anyone, anything that could help. His feelers went right and left, like satellites. "It's ok. We'll find help," he whispered to Army softly, hoping he heard.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/26/2008 7:04 AM

Human Form

Darian happened to be out in the desert as well. He'd been tending to a sick friend that lived almost in the middle of said desert, and had been driving back when his car broke down from the heat, and sand getting into the engine. Luckily, it was light enough [spelled], that he was able to pull it without straining too much, and he had a rope attached to the bumper draped over his shoulder. However, he dropped that when he saw the two others in the desert struggling along. Both wounded heavily. He recognized battle wounds when he saw them. Calling back to Rukaj, he snagged his medical kit out of the back of the car before running over to the wounded soldiers, and relieving the Lunafly of his burden.

"Easy does it now... I've got him... You rest - you look exhausted. Just let my mate look at you, and I'll take care of your friend. I'm Darian - a doctor. Army medic as well... What are your names?"

As he talked, he worked, using his own minimal power to null the electric 'shell' around his patient, so he could get a good look. He was forced to be a vet, yet again, but the war had trained him in fast, 'dirty surgery' with ALL species. So that wasn't that much of a bother.

Human Form

Rukaj and Darian's assistant/son, Zeke, helped bring more supplies to the wounded two, and watched as Darian's skilled hands inspected the wound.

"What's wrong with him? I mean... how bad is it?"

Darian shot him a look that CLEARLY told him to 'shut up'. Zeke complied, closing his mouth with a near-audible snap. Darian verbally diagnosed the porcupine-like creature, keeping his voice low and his words simple.

"Alright... you have a gash in your side - but you knew that already. The gash is about three inches in length, and just as deep. This means it's going to require stitching. I have local anesthetic in my pack, but I can't guarantee it's going to be painless. I will try my VERY hardest to not cause you pain - but it's not a sure thing. I have to keep sand and other stuff out of the wound, so I'll be soaking it in a sterilizing solution. This DOES sting, or so I've been told."

Once again, he worked as he spoke, withdrawing a sterile suture kit, and snapping on a fresh pair of gloves. He pointed, motioning for Zeke to move to the other side to block the wind.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Matt » 05/26/2008 11:51 AM

Soldier smiled up briefly at their savior, then collapsed onto the sandy ground. He realized the doctor, or Darian, as he was called, had asked their names. He struggled to mutter out an answer. "I'm.. Soldier... and th-that's A-army." His heart rate was high and his breathing coming in rasps. Even in the army, Lunaflys weren't trained to carry Sparquills.

Army's eyes twinkled with pain. Everything was black, except two small eyes in the far distance. He realized they were... Lucain eyes? Then he heard the soft voice of said lucain above him. "Easy does it... You rest... a doctor..." It sounded as if Soldier's savior had actually come. Well, there was always a first. He muttered a small, "Thanks...", before giving a shudder and going into shock.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/08/2008 7:38 PM

Soldier lay beside Army, his tiny wings fluttering helplessly. "Thank you, D-Darian... we won't forget this..." His shiny blue body had gone slightly dull, blood staining his wings.

Army was floating in darkness, everything around him was dull and silent. He looked around with glazed eyes, silent whispers flying around him.

[5]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 06/16/2008 11:15 AM

Darian shook his head quietly, and smoothed his fingers through the injured Sparquill's fur. He could see that Rukaj was going to have a hard time getting here, so he went ahead with the treatment on his own, sending Zeke to get various this-and-that while he worked, so his hands and mind were free to focus on the task at hand.

"Now... Army, I know it's difficult, but I need you to wake up. I've stitched your side, but I need to see if there's any internal damage other than what I saw. I need to listen to your heart and your lungs - and I can't get an accurate reading if you're out of it."

He withdrew a penlight from his breast pocket, and clicked it on, checking the pupillary response.

"Army, can you hear me? Army?"

Swearing, he held out his hand to Zeke, who shoved a syringe into it. That, he tapped to remove the air from, and quickly injected the contents into the creature's flank. Waiting for the stimulant to take effect was probably the hardest thing ABOUT treating patients like these, that kept fading in and out. Hell... He'd BEEN a patient like this not too terribly long ago.

"Hang on, Army - Hang on. I'm doing my best, but you've got to fight, too. Understand?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/19/2008 10:13 AM

The darkness flickered around Army, letting in two slits of light... Darian was speaking to him... Wake up... internal damage... hear me?... hang on...

The light flickered into vision, and Army opened his eyes into slits. "A-am I g-going to l-live?" He asked, his voice as frail as a whisper.

Soldier lifted his head to look at Army. He smiled to himself lightly, then fell back again.

[6]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate