With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Lost! [Now Closed]

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/06/2008 8:22 PM

ImageImage

"Well, where do we go from here?" asked Advent. The desert was not good for his dark-colored skin, and his fur was slicked completely with sweat. Furrez had given up sheltering under him, for the sweat that dipped down made it completely unworthwhile. As of now, the two friends were crouched under a small palm tree.

Furrez shrugged. "Ya tahll meh."

[5, 5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Audra » 06/18/2008 1:02 PM

(I'll join!)

Spencer flew overhead. 'Beat from the heat', she thought to herself. She hoped to find some sort of shelter. Then she spotted a palm tree, puny, but it still cast a thin shadow across the sandy earth. 'It looks promising enough,' and so Spencer swooped down low to it.

Noticing the gyrophant's holiday colorations out of the corner of her eye, she twisted around to also face a Common Rollaby. Almost jumping a step forward, she began, thinking that they might be a little tired and need some company, 'Hello, travelers, who might you two be?' Spencer threw back her head and slightly shook her feathers.

Spencer inhaled a deep breath of hot air, changing her position and settling more into the shade.
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/21/2008 10:57 AM

"Oh, hi!" exclaimed Advent. "I'm Advent, and this is my friend, Furrez." Furrez grinned, knowing that they were being introduced.

"Ahm Fuhrrrrez! Eets nahce to meht yu!"

"She's deaf, and can't speak too well," whispered Advent softly. "But she does read lips."

[6, 6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 06/21/2008 5:56 PM

(OOC: Deaf? That's good you told me that..Hehe, I guess she'll have to read Spencer's beak, not lips ;))

"Well, hello there Advent and Furrez. I'm Spencer," the Garudor replied. Then she thought to herself, and began to assess the situation. "Um..may I ask, if it isn't rude to say, why you both are here..all alone...? Are you waiting for someone?" Spencer finished, gripped by curiosity, and then looked Advent straight in the eye.
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/22/2008 2:02 AM

(can I join?)

Dreamsnare Hollowheart

Glow

Glow flew over thhe wilt'no desert. The heat didn't seem to effect him since he had spent all his life here. Why he was out here, he did not know. He just had a feeling to be out here. And so he flew on, till he had finally seen a small palm tree with what he could tell were 3 pets seeking shade underneath. So he slowed his pace and come downto where they were.

"Hello." He said in a deep voice. "And may I ask, what are you doing in such a place like this? Pets like you do not belong here, and where may I also ask are your owner?" He said, with a bow to show he was not there to harm any of them.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/22/2008 9:15 AM

(It's okay, h-u-n [Can I call you that?], you can join.)

"Well...we decided to take a little walk around the desert. Near civilization, of course. But then we saw an awful sight-a pack of Gyrraptors attacking an innocent Gyrophant. We hurried to help, and ended up lost." Advent sighed. Furrez reached up a paw to pat his side, smiling slightly.

"Dahnt wahrry, theyll halp us!" She turned to look at the other two. "Raht?"

[7, 7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 06/22/2008 2:04 PM

As the hollowheart appeared before them, swooping down as his glowing chest caught the blistering sun's light, Spencer took a step back. It seemed dazzling, but he was cautious and felt a little compelled. Taking in deep breaths, Spencer calmed, turning to Furrez and saying in a kind voice,"I vow to help you on your journey, dear Furrez. You have my word. And Advent, I hope you two can also help me in return. I'm in search of my owner...I guess we don't do to well playing hide and seek in Evelon. We're pretty much lost, too."

Spencer looked to the new arrival and said,"Well, hollowheart, what is your name?" Spencer did a small bow to display some respect to him (though it was more like a dip of his head to his talons, not looking twice back into those white eyes), but he was very interested in this fellow, and wasn't yet sure of what to think of him...All Spencer could do was somewhat smile and soften the look in his eyes.

EDIT: (I'M NOT FINISHED. I'LL EDIT THIS LATER!!) Finished! *smiles*
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/22/2008 2:09 PM

(thanks, and you can call me h.u.n, it's kinda neat  :D )

Glow listen to the 3 that had spoken, taking in what they had said.

"I will help any pet in need." He replied. "My owner allows me to fly where ever I desire, so I have as long as you need." He said, bowing his head again.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 06/22/2008 9:27 PM

(May I also join?)

In the distance, a green wolf-like figure and another human-like figure was slowly walking throgh the desert.As they neared they seemed to be a human with Lucain-like features, while the other was a bright green Lucain with unusually poofy hair.They seemed to be arguing with each other.As they climbed up a  pretty big sand dune, the human/Lucain creature tripped and slid head first on her belly down the dune and landed a few feet away from the group.The Lucain still at the top was laughing hysterically and started descending down the dune.
NAME: Ivy
LEVEL: 8
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 9
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/23/2008 9:09 AM

(Okay, but I think that's enough now! *laughs*)
Advent hadn't noticed the two canines yet, and neither had Furrez. Their attention was more turned to the other two.

"Well," laughed Advent, "if we find our way out of here, I guess we can help you find your owner, Spencer."

Furrez suddenly turned to the Hollowheart, bowing, for she saw the glow of his scales. Her family had told her of the Dreamsnare legends, and she was honored to meet one of them. Ancient words, given to her by her mother, rose from her lips, which for once did not mangle her speech.

"Oh, noble beast of dreams, you honor us with your presence. May your life stretch on as the dreamscape does, to all eternity. Bless this simple creature, that dares to approach you."

Advent gave her a curious glance. He had never seen this side of Furrez before.

[8, 8]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/23/2008 12:18 PM

Glow smiled, and bowed his head to Furrez.

"The bravery to approach the dream will give thy strength in the future." He said in the same language to Furrez.

He bowed to the new comers.
"Well, shall we be off now?" He asked in his normal voice.

(Edit: sorry by the power-play. Didn't even relized I did it.)

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 06/23/2008 5:48 PM

(h-u-n, you kind of just power-played right there when you said "Then seeing ost of the others puzzled at them..." So try to avoid that. Thanks
Also, GrayGriffin, I guess the [Open!] on the thread title should be taken off, huh?)

"Mhm. Well, Glow, I guess we shall- Uh, hello.." Spencer then said, directing her last comment to the two Lucain creatures. 'Ah, more newcomers,' he thought. 'That was a little ...uncalled for.They just seemed to come out of nowhere. I guess it would be polite to start by asking for their names...Hmm, this day might turn out OK after all..like an adventure.'

Spencer first glanced at Advent, then Furrez, trying to make his eyes say, 'Wow, that was so amazing, Furrez, but I guess I should focus more on these two new..guests.' Spencer wasn't surprised the dreamsnare could speak this ancient tongue. Hoping she got the point, he faced the ones who arrived and opened his beak to say something, but couldn't utter a single word. Why was it that he always got shy and a little..scared..whenever a lucain came around? Such an odd feeling, when he had nothing against them.

After taking a deep breath, he said, 'W-who are you two?' A smile creased across his face. Yes, he'd done it. It felt like just one small achievement out of the (most likely) many he'd need to overcome....

'This will be a long journey, that's for sure, and even with my Improved Scent, I'm almost for certain that it will still be challenging..' The last thought that slipped into Spencer's mind (while he waited with the group--Usually when he waits, he focuses on what NOW to do with the current situation) was, 'Oh, Audra, come out, come out wherever you are. I'll find you...I'll find you...'
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 06/23/2008 6:04 PM

Noticing the Garudor, The human quickly stood up, brushed herself off, and introduced herself."Hi, I'm Crystal, and as you've just seen I can be a bit of a klutz at times." She mentioned sheepishly."That Lucain over there is Ivy, she is pretty upset right now about her fur."As if by magic, Ivy appeared at her side."I hate this heat.It makes my fur all messed up."She continued grumbling to herself as she tried in vain to smooth down her fur.
NAME: Ivy
LEVEL: 8
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 9
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/23/2008 7:13 PM

Glow chuckled alittle at what the Lucain had said.

"One learns to deal with the heat." He said, trying to confort her.

Then looked at Advent.

"As I said before, Shall we be leaving soon?" He asked.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/24/2008 1:26 AM

"Sure. Gee, I'm getting all sweaty just talking," said Advent. "I'm definitely not suited for desert travel. Ah well, can't complain." He gave Ivy quite a pointed glare.

"Nhow whar yer ownah ith?" asked Furrez, looking at Spencer. "Ahr at lass ahstimat?"

[9, 9]

[Also, Furrez means "Know where your owner is? Or at least an estimate?"]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items