With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/25/2008 7:49 PM

"Yah theenk Bledirs haff takhen offur?" asked Furrez, noticing Spencer's unease. She meant to be considerate, but those words struck a chill in Advent's heart.

"No, probably not..." he said, looking up at Furrez. "They're not strong enough to take over a whole town..."

[24, 24]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/26/2008 2:38 PM

"I hope not, Furrez. That would awful, and people, especially out here, wouldn't be safe. There's no where to run to."
Spencer paused. The cool air made him feel free. It was such a strange feeling. It was..intense, but peaceful.
Spencer swerved back and forth, letting the cool breeze ruffle his feathers, drinking in the night air's aroma. Aroma? Of course, the aroma of hope and sheer joy. Yes, Spencer had become a tad bit happier.
Spencer seemed to have lost track of time, though. He suddenly was flying through palm trees, or his talons just missing the roof tops of buildings. Once he felt a few shingles come off from accidentally hitting it, he snapped out of it.

"Advent...Furrez...We're here."
Spencer descended to the ground. Looking all around him, he absored everything, feasting his eyes on the sights he was used to seeing. But i was like a still-life painting, and quiet. A few lights flickered. To his right, Spencer spotted an inn.
"Perhaps we should star there," he suggested, pointing to it with his beak.
He positioned himself so that he was bowing down, so Furrez could easily silde down to the pavement.

[18]
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/27/2008 4:45 AM

Furrez slid down, giggling as the feathers tickled her. Straightening herself up, she began hopping towards the inn. She had never liked rolling much after her ears had gotten injured-she often pressed on them accidentally.

Advent clopped along, making sure he wasn't knocking anything over. He was kind of big, after all.

[25, 25]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/29/2008 11:31 AM

Spencer walked over to the door. More like hovered. He would tend to do that when he was excited. He peaked in..

It seemed dark, a dim sconce light in the corner lit a small amount of space. He could just barely see.
"Hellooo?" Spencer called out, like a 'caww.'
He heard a rustling of things and creaking wood.
"Yes?" replied a young man's voice. His tone seemed a little stressed out. "Yes, please, come in, come in. My name is Gavin. How may I help you?"
"I, I mean, we would like to stay here."
"Yes, of course. I'll prepare you all a room." Gavin left the door open for Advent and Furrez to come in.
Spencer said, "OK, I think we'll be leaving in the morning." He then glanced out the window, sensing some movement. He saw what looked like a Bleeder trudging along the streets outside. It wasn't like the one they'd encountered before, but it still sent a chill down Spencer's spine.
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/29/2008 7:34 PM

Advent turned and glared at the Bleeder, warning it to stay away. Apparently, it understood, because it kept going. Shrugging, the large Gyrophant pushed into the hotel. Furrez was watching Gavin curiously. He seemed stressed, and she wondered why.

[26, 26]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/30/2008 10:35 AM

Spencer then said, "Gavin are you OK?"
He replied solemnly, "No, not exactly.."
As if it wasn't obvious enough.
"So, why not?"
"Gosh, it's these darn Bleeders, running in and out of my inn! Everybody's afraid! There's nothingreally wrong with them, and it's not like they'll hurt you, unless you get on their bad side. But it's the same way with everyone. So, there's no business at all, and I guess some of the Bleeders have turned on me now, though, since I've been ranting about my situation to people, and just don't know what to do..."
"Hmm, well I think we'll be safe if we're only here for one night, correct?"
"I hope so.. Now, come."
Gavin then went over to a corner of the room, took out a bunch of keys, selected one, and placed it in the key slot of the door in front of him.
"Here you go...If you need anything, I'll be right down the hall in my office," he said, pointing to a corridor off to the side.

Spencer then took a step inside their room.
"Come look, Furrez, there's a pitcher of water here, and Advent, the space is big enough for all of us especially you." He smiled at the gyrophant.

[20]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/01/2008 8:20 PM

"Such a nice place!" exclaimed Advent. Furrez danced around, then hopped over to the pitcher and took a long drink of water.

"Guhhd!" she exclaimed, licking the drops off her chin.

"Don't drink too much; water can't be easy to get in the desert," warned Advent.

[27, 27]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/01/2008 9:05 PM

Spencer then said, "Yes. Perhaps just a sip before we settle down." He took then drank a little after Furrez had finished, and yawned. Taking one of the many blankets off the shelf, using his beak, he draped it over himself in thck layers to warm his feathers. For once today, he actually wanted to be warm, considering that the temperature had drastically dropped. One moment, you feel a heat stroke coming up, and the next, you think you had ice cubes thrown at you.

After a few moments, Spencer said from across the room to Advent & Furrez, "Well, goodnight you guys."
He stared out the window, up at a twinkling star. Spencer then closed his eyes and was ready to rest.

[21]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/02/2008 7:22 PM

"Goodnight," murmured Advent, leaning against the wall, with Furrez curled around one of his legs. The little Rollaby was already half asleep. Advent smiled. His little friend must be so tired.

"Naht," she whispered, before falling asleep completely.

[28, 28]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/03/2008 1:09 AM

OOC: Okay, so 8 hours later.

Dawn. Spencer blinked from the light suddenly on his face, and stared at his surroundings. Then he remembered where he was.

He tried using telepathy to talk to Audra, but it didn't work. He must've been a little to tired to do something that draining so early in the morning. Oh well, I still have the whole day ahead of me.. he thought. Perhaps his friends might wake up soon. I'll just wait for them since I have nothing else better to do. Breakfast can hold off for now..
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/03/2008 7:30 PM

Advent slowly stirred, then turned to Furrez. She was twitching in her sleep, mumbling softly. "No...no...Mama, Papa! Stop!"

"Furrez! Wake up! You're having a nightmare!" he cried, shaking her back and forth. Slowly, the Rollaby stirred, looking sleepily up at Advent.

"I haid thhait dreen agayn..."

[29, 29]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/03/2008 8:19 PM

Spencer sighed. Then, he heard Furrez mumbling something. He changed position so that he could face them all.
"Furrez are you ok- Hey, wait a minute... Advent?" he asked, waiting for the gyrophant to respond. "Did you notice that when Furrez was having her nightmare that she spokely more clearly...??"

Spencer then lowered his voice and said to Advent, "What did she mean by the things she saying? Something about her mother & father."
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/03/2008 8:28 PM

"She wasn't always deaf," replied Advent, glancing at the faint scars on her ears. "Before, she lived happily with her parents and siblings, but one day...pirates came. Apparently, they had heard that Rollaby meat was profitable, because they killed Furrez's parents and strung her and her siblings up by their ears. One day, the pirates caught me as well. By that time, only Furrez was still alive. Pitying her, I attacked one of the guards and managed to rescue her. We've traveled together ever since.

"When she dreams, she's remembering what happened, so she can still speak normally."

[30, 30]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/04/2008 8:40 AM

The gurador stood and got himself a drink of water from the pitcher as he listened to Advent explain Furrez's story.

When the gyrophant finished, Spencer suddenly felt awful. How could pirates do something so cruel to another creature? Why didn't they search for treasure in Wilt'no or in the sea by Jawan??

Spencer went over to Furrez, and even though she probably couldn't her him in her sleep, he said in a low voice, "I'm very sorry my little friend..."
He was actually feeling emotional, but then he remembered what he was going to do after he awoke. "I'll be rigt back, Advent." Then, he left the room.

Returning about 5 minutes later, Spencer called from the door, "I can't find Gavin. He's not in the front office. I checked outside and heard a man talking to a Bleeder, but I never saw his face in the shadows. It seemed like they were...friends. Perhaps it was Gavin speaking with it."
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/04/2008 7:43 PM

"So, it was all an act last night?" asked Advent, shocked. Furrez shook her head, tugging at his fur. Advent leaned down to listen to what she had to say.

"Mahbee...he wuz scayrt we wud see heem wyf tha Bliders!" she cried. Advent nodded. It was a likely explanation.

[31, 31]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items