With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Audra » 08/04/2008 9:16 PM

Spencer stepped into the room more.
"He must be faking it, but still...Bleeders aren't all that bad. Well, at least not harmful. I read a book about them. They only come when someone's lover has betrayed or their love has been unrequited. Like to always remind them of their heart's pain & sadness...Perhaps Gavin just has a deep, dark secret. Hm, maybe we should check it out. Y'know, just to ask him so he can let it all out of his system...You've gotta get something like that off your chest sometime or another.."

[25]
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/05/2008 7:28 PM

"But will he say?" asked Advent. "And besides, I've heard of some Bleeders that break away from the person they are bonded to and form gangs to cause misery to more people. It could be possible that Gaving is working with them of his own free will."

"Whua wuud?" demanded Furrez.

[32, 32]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/06/2008 12:51 PM

The gurador opened his beak to speak, but then heard something....Something in the back of his mind, to distant to hear, but in is heart, he understood it. After a moment of listening carefully, and gentle voice called out to him in his thoughts. Their minds were synced.
'Spencer....It's me.'
'Audra?'
'Yes, I'm coming for you. Avoid the Bleeders.'
'What about my friends?'
'It doesn't matter anymore. Come home. Now. It's safe here, and if your friend keep traveling at a quick pace, they will be safe, too.'
'Uh, I guess soo..'
'Thank you. You are very respectful. But I must go. This telepathy is draining...'
'Don't leave me.'
'I never have. I'll see you soon. Au revoir.'

Spencer then said, "Well, is that safe? For the..erm..people? I'm not sure, maybe we shouldn't get involved. I think I may leave soon. I just can tell Audra is nearby. I can almost sense her aura."
He kept on having this repeated thought in his head, reminding him, 'This is still a little fishy. The town is too quiet, and I feel something is going to pop-out and attack....'
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/06/2008 8:15 PM

"Very well, can you tell where she is?" asked Advent, as Furrez quickly came over, saluting. "The quicker we get out of this town, the better. What's going on, anyways?"

"Nah ihdee," replied Furrez. She knew it had been a rhetorical question, but speaking made her feel safer-not as quiet.

[33, 33]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/08/2008 11:07 AM

~*~
"I can just tell she's nearby. Perhaps..north? Somewhere in town, since it is kind of big. She warned us to stay away from Bleeders, but I think Gavin might be able to help us. Maybe he knows something, even if he possibly is friends with te Bleeders. I think I should ask him if he knows where any people are.
"...Will you come with me?" Spencer finally asked

[27]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/08/2008 7:23 PM

"Of course!" exclaimed Advent. "If Gavin and the Bleeders have ulterior motives, we should stick together. Besides, we have nowhere else to go."

"Yah! All fer wahn and wahn fer all!" cried Furrez, waving her front paws around in the air. "Yesh!"

[34, 34]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/09/2008 11:24 AM

"Alrighty then." Spencer hovered in place, excited, and then flew out the door into the main lobby. He paused, waiting a moment for his friends to follow, and then went outside into the open air. Focusing in on the sounds and movements around him, he sensed voices. A dark alley was to the left, and to the right was what looked like a stranded Bubble spirit, windswept, and floating through the air.
"Advent, Furrez. Hurry, I can sense and hear him," he called, motioning with his wing to the dirty, dark alley.

Gavin seemed to be slap-dab in the middle with a common Bleeder, it's leathery skin camoflauging into the darkness.
"Gavin!" he cried. Gavin seemed to be taken back, not expecting Spencer.
"Y-yes..?" he asked, a little shaken, the Bleeder moving to his shoulder. Gavin stroked its ace-shaped tail.
"Well," he said taking a step forward, "I was going to ask you about our room accomodations, but then I noticed how empty it is around here...Do you happen to know where the people are?"
"The people? Ah, yes. W-well, they're...they're....they're not here. Only a few people. These Bleeders.." he gestured to his shoulder, then paused to think it through.
"What?" Spencer was clearly confused.
"OK, this isn't coming out right. Oh great! Fine, I'll just tell you the truth."
"Which is...?"
"That I'm apart this league of Bleeders. Seems more like a gang, doesn't it? Considering that we're in a dark alley, I mean. I have my Bleeder with me here. He comforts me."
"Bleeders aren't meant to comfort."
"Well, anyways, I think they can help you. They've been helping me get business over here by attracting people and pets. They can be pretty crafty. Pheira, for instance-"
"Pheira?! We met her and some others. I understand what you mean by 'crafty.' We didn't really appreciate it much, but if you can help us..somehow..I guess we have nothing else to do and no where to go, so we might as well take a chance, eh Advent? Furrez? What doyou think?" Spencer asked, speaking over his shoulder to them.
"We'll help you to the best of our ability. And no more crafty tricks, I promise. As long as you don't tell anyone about the Bleeder group. Please."
"Fine. And if you're just lying to us, I will tell all of Lambastia of your little scheme."
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/11/2008 8:06 PM

"I don't know if we can take a chance, but Gavin seems honest enough," mused Advent. "Alright, we will accept your help." Furrez leapt out, extending a paw to shake with Gavin.

"Shayk!" she added, gesturing behind him. "Pherra?"

[35, 35]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/11/2008 9:03 PM

Gavin extended his hand out to Furrez and shook her little paw.
"Uh, what did it say?" Gavin asked Spencer.
"She asked if your companion on your shoulder is Pheira."
"No, no. Pheira is a Bleached Bleeder, but this one right here is just a Common."
"Well, where are the people? I'm looking for someone in particular...Anyways, can you point some out to us?"
"S-sure. Come with us."
"Okay. Where will you be taking us to, Gavin?"
"In the northern part of the town, there are fewer Bleeders, actually, now that I think of it, there are fewer pets thee at all. So that means more people in a somewhat safer area. Maybe your friend is there, Audra, is over there."
"Okay- Hold on. Who's Audra?" he lied, winking at Advent & Furrez. Spencer didn't want Gavin to think he was right, even though he was, and so he decided to use reverse-psychology. Spencer had no clue how Gavin knew Audra's name, but he was starting the have a bad feeling about all of this.
"Oh, oh, nobody. Are you sure you don't know an Audra?"
"Y-yes. Affirmative."
"Well, okay then. I just had this feeling..oh nevermind. Come on. We might as well start walking, because it's about 15 minutes to get there." Gavin and the Common Bleeder left the alley and went back onto the city's sidewalk, waiting for the three.

Spencer looked for a long time at Furrez, unmoving, and then glanced at Advent. "Well, I guess we should follow. I wonder where this will take us...."

[29]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/12/2008 2:54 AM

"Gavin might just have a certain sixth sense," suggested Advent. "I know lots of pets who do, although in different degrees. So let's go!"

"Yah!" cried Furrez, turning to Spencer.

"Rydee?"

[36, 36]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/12/2008 11:17 AM

"A sixth sense. Hm, that's very..curious. Well, I guess that's sure to help us on our pursuit." Spencer replied to the gyrophant. Then hearing Furrez's plea for a ride, he said, bowing down, "Sure. Hop on."
"We must keep going. There's a certain hotspot and popular time during the day for crowds. That will be our best bet of finding your friend. And when you see a red flag beside some tents, we've neared towads an oasis, and that is exactl thespot we're heading to," Gavin said.
"OK."

'Once Furrez gets on, I'll go high into the skies and lookfrom an aerial view to search for this red flag. Then I can come back down and inform them about how close it is, or if my friend is there.'

[30]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/12/2008 7:44 PM

Furrez clambered on, remembering to hold tight. Falling from Spencer's back could be dangerous even on the ground. Advent nuzzled her gently before starting off after Gavin. He was quite confident he could handle the man if things got too rough.

"So...how far is this flag?" he asked, half making conversation, half serious.

[37, 37]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/12/2008 10:04 PM

Spencer took off.
Flying high, it took his eyes a moment to locate a small dot of red. Practically zooming in, he focused on the spot and made clear to himself that is was just what they were looking for. The description Gavin gave them was right on, with even smaller dots of people surrounding the area and bussling through.
"I found it," Spencer called to Furrez, saying it louder than usual because it was windy at this height and hard to concentrate. "Now, hold on."

Spencer began to descend, gently, smoothly, but picking up speed with every foot they dove down.

Meanwhile, Gavin began to walk and talk as he told Advent about the time & distance of their 'mini-journey.' "Well, since there's no exact location and very few maps of Wilt'no around, it's hard to say. Like I said before, it will only take about 15 minutes to reach the northern part of the city, and it's been almost 5 minutes already."

[31]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/12/2008 10:53 PM

Furrez didn't hear what Spencer said, but logic told her to hang on tight. She quickly wrapped one of her paws around one of the metal prongs on the Garudor's helmet, hoping that wouldn't throw off their balance.

"Ah, so we just keep going in a straight line?" asked Advent, flicking his tail to knock away some sand from his fur. "Doesn't the sand bother you?" he asked Gavin curiously.

[38, 38]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 08/13/2008 3:59 PM

Spencer landed gently, and then bowed down again so Furrez could slide.
Again, he stared at her for a while, and then quickly looked away when he realized that Gavin and Advent had moved onwards.

Gavin said, "No and yes. Yes, the sand can get annoying when you find it everytime you take a step. And no, it's not a completely straight line that we're going in. Nothing's like that in the desert. Well, there are a few turns of course, and..." he paused, retrieving a map from his back pocket, "There's the stream. A large one, which we must cross. Then we hit the oasis dead-on after that. Almost immediately."
"Will it be easy?" Spencer asked. He didn't want anyone to get hurt during this because of him and his problems. He'd never forgive himself. Then he noticed the Bleeder shifted his postion to see Gavin's face's expression.
"Somewhat.." he replied after a moment. "I think it would be best for the Rollaby to either ride with the gyrophant or gurador. Unless she thinks she's strong enough to go against the current."
"Hmm, what do you want to do, Furrez?"

Using his telepathy, Spencer said to Audra, 'Are you near an oasis? In the northern part of a city?'
'As a matter-a-fact, I am.'
'Is there a stream nearby?'
'No..'
'Okay. Good-bye. I have to end the conversation because this is so draining.'

Then he wondered, quietly saying under his breath, "Maybe we going in a different direction, because of all that Bleeder secretive-gang-stuff. Perhaps it's his sixth sense. Or maybe..if even possible, which I couldn't fathom it...Maybe he actually did lie to us."
Spencer shuddered at the thought, bu for some reason, that cold look in Gavin's eyes told him that it just had to be truth.
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext