With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby HunnyBun » 06/24/2008 2:58 AM

(sorry guys, but I got to leave this rp)

Glow suddenly hear a wistle like sound in the back of his head. It was his owner calling for him. 'Come home.' It seemed to say.

"Sorry everyone." Glow announced. "But I will have to be leaving you." He said bowing his mighty head.

He took a step back to clear out of everyones way, and with a single bat of his wings, he took to the sky. And in moments was out of sight.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Audra » 06/24/2008 8:03 PM

Spencer gave Glow a nod, in other words saying It-was-nice-meeting-you-and-farewell-...let-luck-be-with-you-on-your-return-to-your-owner. Spencer said then said to the lucains,"Hello Crystal & Ivy. I'm s-sorry the heat is troubling you...But we should be on t-the mo-ove on, soon..Would you care to join us?" Spencer then said, looking over his shoulder to Advent and Furrez, saying, "Yes, Furrez. I last saw her near the local towns in the desert's outskirts. I thought she'd never find me in the dunes. Well....I was right, but now..it's my turn to find her."
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/30/2008 7:40 PM

"Then I suppose we should go there first," suggested Advent, as Furrez bowed in the direction of the retreating Hollowheart. "Was that near the town? If we can get out of this desert, I think we can find our way back home by ourselves."

[10, 10]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/01/2008 11:32 PM

"Yes, that would be equally productive. Let's begin now, since we're pretty much in Norrega (According to this map), by heading south. There's bound to be some sort of civilization with all the activity down there."

Spencer raised his head high and flapped his wings. At first he hovered in his place, waiting for his new companions to understand he was about to take flight, and then after doing so, Spencer glided in the air. Flying brought so much joy & excitement to him. Spencer wasn't too high, but just enough to see ahead of where they were going. But then it occured to him...
"Um, does either of you know which way is south? I'm not exactly an internal compass. Oh, well that is, if you agree that we should that direction, I mean.."
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/02/2008 9:12 AM

"Hmm...I think we brought a compass along." Advent turned to Furrez. "Furrez, can you look in my pack to see if we put a compass in there?" The Rollaby nodded, not wasting time on words, and ruffled around, finally coming up with a compass. She held it up, so that the other two could see as well.

[11, 11]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/02/2008 6:39 PM

"Ah ha! That way," Spencer exclaimed after swooping down to take a look at their compass. He extended a feathery wing in the direction going south. Spencer then stood on the ground, hopping up and down with excitement, his talons scraping the sand and making scratch marks. "Ok..." He then heaved a deep sigh after that moment of overreaction, and suddenly flew ahead to where he had pointed towards, waiting for the others to follow. The journey was just getting started.
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/03/2008 8:40 AM

Furrez and Advent started out once more, Furrez walking in the shade of Advent's stomach. However, the hot sand still burned her feet, and she often stopped to rub them. Advent noticed this, and called out to Spencer.

"Is it okay if Furrez rides on your back? I think the hot sand is burning her..."

[12, 12]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/03/2008 12:22 PM

Spencer looked thoughfully at Furrez and considered it. 'Why not?' he thought. 'If they're helping me through all of this, I might as well return the favor & show some courtesy...'
"Of course, Advent," Spencer lowered to the ground and was close enough so that Furrez didn't have to walk to far to get to him. "Hop on, Furrez. You can..somehow..grab onto the feathers on my neck or shoulders for support, but don't pull any out. I don't want my owner to think I'm shedding or something."

Then Spencer decided he'd use his thought-speech and try to talk with his owner, Audra.
Calming himself, he layered his mind with serene thoughts and said telepathically, 'Audra? Hello? Can you hear me...?'
Then, in the background, as though it were a sound from miles away or from a lost dream, a voice seemed to call back saying, 'How.... are.... you.... ?? What... is... this... ??'
Spencer then called back to the voice with his thoughts, closing his eyes to feel more at peace...or rather, in control, 'Audra, it's me...Spencer!'
'Spencer....?' The voice, her voice, it echoed within every crevice of his head, and then it was gone.

[7]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/04/2008 7:41 PM

Furrez clambered up, burying herself into the area behind Spencer's neck. There was the most shade here, although all of Spencer's feathers felt delightfully cool compared to the sand.

Noticing Spencer's concentration on something, Advent leaned closer and asked, "What is it?"

[13, 13]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/04/2008 8:15 PM

"Oh, nothing...Well, actually, I was just trying to speak to Audra. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Thought-speech, I mean. But I only heard a faint voice responding back. Anways, let's keep moving on." And with that took to the skies and began moving forward.
[8]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/06/2008 7:32 PM

"Maybe you could try again," suggested Advent. "If we're closer, it should be easier to reach her."

"Yah!" said Furrez. She wasn't sure what was going on, having only seen snippets of conversation, but felt that Advent was right. What was he saying anyways?

[14, 14]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/06/2008 8:57 PM

'Yes, good idea...' Spencer replied. But he still seemed lost anda tad confused. He'd NEVER been so far away from Audra before.
'Oh well,' he thought to himself, 'I need to focus on the situation at hand...I need to get Advent & Furrez out of the blazing hot desert.'

Spencer then spotted something off in the distance...Was it another person, or a creature? Perhaps a mirage...

[9]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/06/2008 9:02 PM

"Whadda lukin aht?" asked Furrez curiously. She tried to pick out what Spencer was seeing, but the sand made it hard to see. Shrugging, she hid her head behind Spencer's again.

"It could be a mirage, or it could be that you have better eyesight, Spencer," said Advent, not being able to catch anything himself.

[15, 15]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/07/2008 12:17 AM

Spencer looked more closely, then flying a little faster in that direction.
'I believe it's a..Bleeder. A Bleached Bleeder!' Spencer then swooped down to it, but tried not to get to close.

Spencer then called out to it, 'WHO are you?'
It replied in a raspy tone, clawing its way up to him, 'I am Pheira.' She seemed to be straining her eyes, and probably couldn't see them too well.
Spencer backed up and said over his shoulder to the gyrrophant, 'Um, Advent..'
Spencer was..frightened.

'A-are you..real..or am I just imagining you??'
'Hmm, I can't tell you for sure...but I know what you seek. You're trainer is just over some dunes up ahead...Come along, young Garudor. Even bring your friends. Just trust me...'
Spencer shook his head, shocked and very unsure. Then whispering to Advent and Furrez, he said, 'Should I trust it..?'

[10, 1]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/08/2008 5:08 AM

Furrez growled. "Bahd lizzeh! Evel!"

Advent shook his head. "Even if it's an evil creature, it would not hurt to trust it. We should be a match for it if it attacks."

[16, 16]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items