With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Audra » 07/09/2008 4:57 PM

Spencer looked cautious, and considered what each said. He seemed to trust Furrez, but what if this other pet could help us?

"OK, Pheira, understand this:

I will follow you, but I won't trust you. You are what you are, so anyways, let's begin. Now, to proove yourself, YOU bring my trainer HERE to me. I know your tricks, and I won't be fooled by any 'mirages.' Advent & Furrez will have to see her, too, so I know I can then trust.
"

The Bleeder grinned fervently, yet the look in his eyes seemed a little..odd.
"Of course you will see your owner, but I can only bring you with me. She doesn't trust me, and wants to see you for yourself...."

"Or, maybe I could fly over to check."
"No!"
"Why not? I think you are trying to trick me," he said, secretly apologizing to Furrez for not listening to her.

Pheira then replied, "Err...the winds. The sun and heat. It's just not safe. The word on the street, or rather, the word in the desert, is that there's a sand storm coming this way."

"I haven't heard of that. I wouldn't have traveled if there was a sandstorm coming this way."

"Of course. Who would actually know what is to come, dear one?"

Spencer whispered back to his friends, "I can speak with this thing. Whenever I try to compromise, I changes it around. Ugghh, can you to try talking with her..?"
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/10/2008 2:42 AM

Advent growled a little now. "You just said we could come too. Why are you changing your mind?" He felt like trampling the reptile, but held back. He wished to have no sin on his soul. Maybe the creature could help; maybe it just liked riddles. But that didn't seem likely.

Furrez gnashed her teeth angrily. She didn't know what to say.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/10/2008 1:13 PM

(OOC: Oh, yeah, in my post prior to this on--before yours--I meant to say for Spencer's last dialogue near the bottom "I can't speak with this thing..." not can.)

"Furrez, hold on tight," Spencer whispered, and then directed his attention to Pheira, speaking loudly now, "Fine, you will lead ALL of us, but I will fly up a little higher..."
Pheira just nodded her, displaying vanity in her quote-on-quote 'compromisable' can-do attitude, "If you wish, young Gaurdor....Shall we??"
Spencer looked back at Advent, nodding also at the Gyrophant, "Yes, you can now show me Audra."
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/11/2008 8:05 PM

Advent rubbed his hooves against the sand, trying to get some grip. If the Bleeder attacked, he would have to hit it, although not kill it. Horrors! How could he commit the crime of taking a life?

Furrez looked at Advent. "Yahl bih ahlraht?"

"Yes, don't worry. I can handle it," grinned Advent. Furrez smiled back, then gripped tighter on Spencer.

[18, 18]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/12/2008 4:44 PM

Spencer flew over with speed, excitement raging through his veins.
Pheira ran ahead, then dissappeared behind a dune.

Spencer peered over, hopeful...
Nothing. No Audra. Nothing except bare sand. He was upset, but oddly calm, too. He expected this. Pheira smiling, a toothy little grin, ready to dash. 'The heat must be getting to her,' he thought, 'if she was willing to trick three creatures and not think she would fail in her retreat. Mabye she had a trick up her sleeve...'

Spencer called to the gyrophant, hoping he could hear, "Advent! Advent stay back!! It's a trick-" but the he thought he saw a shoulder loom over him. He wondered what Furrez was thinking right then..?
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/12/2008 8:19 PM

Advent heard the cry, but it was almost too late for him to backtrack. He barely managed to pull back, his hooves slipping in the sand. Gasping, he glared at Phiera.

"Wahts yer trihk?" demanded Furrez, crawling onto Spencer's head to get a better look. She bet the Bleeder would insist that Audra was merely further on.

[19, 19]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/17/2008 5:43 PM

Spencer used some of his 'tricks' to his advantage. Thought-speech. Whispering voices in his head began, and his voices and thoughts flowed into Furrez & Advent's minds.
'OK, so there's three against one. Does she even stand a chance??' Spencer didn't expect a response, because he didn't know if they had been enchanted with Thought-speech, too.

Now, to test his theory. Improved scent, very handy. He breathed in the air. Pheira glanced up at hi curiously. Hmm, two more Bleeders on the way. 'It's a trap! For sure! Come on, you guys! We need to leave!' he called out to his companions silently. All this brain wave activity would probably make him tired later, but he couldn't care much about the NOW.

Well, there was no need to ceck the aura on Pheira, since he already knew she was bad news. No friends of theirs, obviously. Suddenly, Pheira spoke up, almost like she heard him, breaking his trance of deep thoughts. Spencer looked over, turning his hed carefully, balancing little Furrez on top.

"I have no trick today, young ones. But my friends and I would like to ask one simple, tiny-weeny little questions..." she called out so everyone could hear. A devilish grin creased across her face. Oh no, no good. Spencer involuntarily took one step backwards, reminding himself of old time movies where the victim's foot touches the edge of a cliff, sending crumbling, flaky rocks and pebbles falling. Pheira then said, "Hmm, may I invite you to...stay for dinner?" The Bleeder stepped forward, it's tongue slithering in and out, the sunlight glinting off of its razor-like teeth.

This got Spencer upset. He raised his wings and got into a defensive position, to show her who was boss. He made a CAWW sound that seemed to echo.

[14, 4]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/17/2008 9:22 PM

Advent roared loudly, his hooves rising into the air as he reared. It was an impressive display, and he hoped it did not have to become more. Only if necessary would he attack. Furrez hissed at the creatures, then leapt down from Spencer's back to wrestle with Pheira, the nearest. Advent lowered his hooves and charged, worried about what would happen to his little friend.

[20, 20]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/19/2008 4:38 PM

Yes, the Bleeders were nearing closer. Gosh, Spencer sure did not want to fight, but who would be there for Audra and all his other friends throughout Evelon if he didn't succeed?

Spencer watched with awe at everything. One moment, there was peace, and th next moment, there's stress and anger. He flew up high and then spiraled back down, and in one swoop, appeared before the others, the enemy. One or two pecks at each of them, and a flapping of wings to confuse them. Spencer rose back into the air to checkup on Furrez. 'Hopefully she's OK on this hot ground, but dusk is nearing....Oh no, Furrez! I need to speak to her via telepathy,' he though, then saying to her, 'Furrez, watch out! Pheira's coming right at you, or rather, her jaws! Move, hurry!' Then Spencer realized he didn't have time for Furrez to respond. He'd need to protect her.

Darting over and in front of her, he spread his wings in protection. His beak then pecking at one the neck of Pheira, he hoped scare her off. Fortunately, it worked. Now to deal with the rest of them.

'Hopefully Advent was OK. I'm sure those Bleeders are scared out of their skin seeing the huge bulk in the desert.' he thought, trying to calm himself. 'Wow, this whole fiasco was really uncalled for. Seriously....Ugghh.' Spencer then offered to Furrez, 'Would you like to hop on again?' He lowered his head so she'd be able to crawl onto it easily. He really wanted all of them to be together, so his next action was to fly over to Advent...or maybe he might come over to them...
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/20/2008 8:42 PM

Furrez understood, and jumped onto Spencer's back. Seeing that his friend was okay, Advent hurried over, making lunges at the Bleeders that got in his way.

"Where should we go?" he asked Spencer. He was no longer too worried about the Bleeders. Furrez was in the most danger from them, but she was safe with Spencer. He felt that Spencer and him were both too big to be easily brought down.

[21, 21]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/21/2008 5:25 PM

Spencer looked out into the distance. He could've freaked out right then and there.
He seemed to be in a trance, almost, but still, he wasn't'. Hm, I dunno if that's a mirage or something, but I really do hope that's what I think I'm seeing..I mean, seriously, do you guys SEE that?'
Spencer could've sworn he saw...a town. Oh my gosh, civilization! One of the local towns in the desert, the vast and adventurous 'Nothing World' it would sometimes be referred to as. It was pretty far off, but still visible. 'Well, I guess that's...maybe... some hope' he thought, 'Somehow, some way, but either way, we're all together and somewhat safe. I guess that's all I have left to keep going, to keep me motivated.'

[16]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/22/2008 7:18 PM

"I think I can," said Advent, as Furrez squinted in that direction. But she quickly ducked down again, rubbing her eyes and whimpering.

"Sand!" she cried, continuing to rub. Apparently, the wind had thrown some sand particles into her eyes. However, she cried out, "Go! Dahnt stohp!"

[22, 22]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/24/2008 12:45 PM

Spencer trudged on forward, not very fond of getting sand in his eyes either. It's not to helpful when your trying yo find your and endup temporarily blind.

It seemed like forever, but it was really only about 15-20 minutes when he could somewhat see through the sand. They were so close to the city.
"It can't be a mirage. I can feel it, imagine its cool, shady buildins. Were so nearby...Advent, are you OK?" Spencer asked, hoping he wasn't getting to ahead. They were a team and needed to sick together.
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/24/2008 7:27 PM

"Yeah, that city has given me strength. I hope it's inhabited." Advent had heard that several Wilt'no residents were slowly leaving their home, driven away by stinging sands.

"Evahn eef eht's naht, thayre shtahl wahtir!" said Furrez joyfully. Advent smiled at his friend's optimism.

[23, 23]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/25/2008 12:22 PM

Dusk was nearing. The sky seemed to have been painted, 2 coats, of ashen grey and dreamy blue, as a white veil hung from the silent moon, glistening upon them. Spencer cast a large, forbidding shadow across the vast sands, like a monster.
'No,' he thought, 'I'm not the moster. Those dumb Bleeders are the monsters..'
'Gosh, I'd love for a flood of water to flow from the skies. And I don't think it's the rainy season...Uggh, well, it seems to be less than a few minutes a way till civilization, OK you guys? I almost hear loud noises from the streets. I can just imagine deliscious foods and a cool drinking pouring down my throat. Let's go to the cheapest inn, though, because I don't plan on staying in this desert to much longer ater that. It's not like we need the luxury life.....'

Spencer was very pleased with what lay ahead, but he didn't notice too many humans or pets. He would already stick out like a sore thumb because of his peacock-ness and bright feathers, and it would be a little awkward if they were some of the few pets romaing about. Then he thought, what were tose noises he had heard?

[17]
[center][sup]Image
----------------------
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext