With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Instinct » 07/14/2008 11:08 PM

"Yeah, hopefully he won't try and drag me again,"  Hannah said with an embarassed smile, "And no, I can't generate heat. I'm not a...fire-cat or whatever you're called." Murder was still eying Icey warily.
"Look beyond the flower. See beauty in the thorn."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/15/2008 3:33 PM

Icey gave a small smile and handed the tether over to Hannah. She glanced back at her own battleheart, noticing that he has been steadily growing in size. "Ah! Good! He's becoming his true form." She said.. gleefully? Why anyone would be happy that a man eating monster is becoming a man eating monster is lost upon most people, but Icey seemed pleased. "Oh, by the way.. My name is Icey." She said, glancing back at Murder.
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 5:29 PM

Hannah took the tether cautiously, keeping her eye on murder. He looked back at her with the same wariness, but didn't bite or drag her. She sighed in relief. She turned her attention to the Battleheart. She backed up a few steps. Murder also noticed that the human was growing and trilled nervously.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/15/2008 8:09 PM

Icey smiled as the beast reached his full side. Even though he was much larger than before he was still chained and unable to move. "This.. This is..." She paused, looking at man-gone-beast. "His name is Calatran." She said simply, getting only a snort in response. "He's pretty much just going to lay there... he hates heat, which is why I brought him here." She said, watching him. She glanced back at Murder, then to Calatran.

Icey took a dangerous chance, walking up striaght to the snout of the beast. "Calatran, if you intend to be good I'll let you go." She said, shielding her eyes from the uproar of sand as he let out a breath. "Pathetic girl.. I'll eat you." He growled opening his mouth and attempting to lung forward. Icey shrugged then. "Suite yourself, you'll just have to deal with the chains then." She said, walking back to her previous position.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 8:13 PM

Hannah looked up at the immense Battleheart. It was hard to imagine any of them being tamed. Murder was staying perfectly still. Even he knew better than to mess with an angry Battleheart. Hannah shifted from foot to foot nervously when Icey came up to the beast's mouth. The chains did little to reassure her. She was relieved when Icey walked back, "Have you trained Battlehearts before him?" she asked.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/15/2008 8:22 PM

Icey looked thoughtful for a moment, her eyes looking up into the sky. "Well.. Yes and no. I've trained one Battleheart before.. he.. died.. a long time ago." She said, a sad tone easily detected. "But I've trained many things.. I mean, I can take a Turkzillia while it's unbound just fine...And their pretty mean.. Once the heat gets to him he'll get thirsty and behave." She paused, turning back to the beast. "Isnt that right?!" She called to him, giving a small snicker as he growled and looked away.. almost as if he was afriad to argue..
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 8:30 PM

Hannah was impressed by Icey's prowess, "How long have you been taming animals?" she asked, curious of where she had gained so much experience.

((Writer's block! *headdesk*))
<11>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/15/2008 8:42 PM

Icey blinked, trying to think. "Oh, I don't know... Since I was.. like... five. I started with a puppy and just moved up! I've delt with big cats, small cats, kuhnas, turkzillias, albies, leebras....Well, almost everything. " She smiled and looked back to Murder. "every 'monster' I've ever worked with is the most tame thing you can find.. whether it's by treats or force." She looked back to Hannah and smiled. "So, what are you training him for?" She asked.

( Issok, I understand completely. <3 )
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 8:48 PM

"For my safety and the safety of everybody else that comes in contact with him." she said with a laugh, "I'd always wanted a Garudor and some cheap dealer was selling him for nearly nothing. I thought it was too good to be true. The moment I got back to my pens I realized it was." she said with a shrug, "I guess I should've known with a name like Murder, he couldn't be all too gentle."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/15/2008 9:27 PM

Icey smiled and gave a shrug. "Yeah... At least he's... not attacking anymore." She said, smiling happily. "Though... I think I might've singed some feathers.. sorry... Normally my flames don't get that hot during regeneration." She added, blinking a bit.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/16/2008 4:29 PM

"It's a start." Hannah said with a smile, "and don't worry about the feathers. Most of him is black anyways." she said with a shrug. She looked back at the Battleheart nervously, "Are you sure those chains are strong enough?" she asked worriedly.

<13>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/16/2008 4:33 PM

Icey smiled, moving her hand to almost dismiss the question. "Yeah, and even if he manages to break then I got the shock card installed. I push a button of her gets to hot and he gets a shock that will bring him down." She said, giving a nervous laugh. "So, we're pretty safe here.. once he heats up and gets thirsty he'll have to listen to me to get some relief from the heat." She added, smiling a bit more.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/16/2008 4:51 PM

Murder seemed do decide that it was a safe bet that the Battleheart wasn't going to attack and began to preen his glossy feathers, "So what are you taming the battleheart for?" Hannah asked.
<14>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/16/2008 5:02 PM

Icey shrugged. "Probably a mount and a battle pet.. But mostly for someone else, once he's trained I'm selling him." This comment got a snort from the Battleheart, who seemed to think he was above the passing of trainers. He lifted his head and let out a weak growl before letting it drop again. "I told you, be good and I'll let you up!" Icey shouted to the beast, who growled a small 'never' and looked away.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/16/2008 5:16 PM

Anna looked up at the Battleheart. She couldn't help admire his determination, even though it was likely he'd eventually give up. "You'd think Battlehearts would like to be battle pets. It seems like they love to do nothing but fight."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext