With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Market Day {closed}

Postby Feint » 09/15/2008 12:11 AM

Kunte Kinte skimmed lightly over the baking sand, unfazed by the sun's rage or the wind's fury. He had unusual eyes for a  fenling, eyes that were common for temple pets. He had the kind of eyes that were perfectly circular, were blank white, and almost seemed to glow. The kind of eyes that were creepy to look at for too long. His four long tails sailed strait out behind him, like black and red kites, the golden orbs catching the sunlight like beacons. He looked to be flying over the ground with stars at his heels. Tourists and travelers, even local merchants stared at him in wonder through their bundles and bundles of protective cloth. Pack mules and other load-carrying animals glared in spite as they waded through the gripping stuff around their knees. Kinte turned slightly, arcing his path toward the mysterious canyon city far off to his right. Ten or so minutes later, he slowed his loping run to an easy trot and finally a walk as he stepped onto the dusty street. Heads turned and eager merchants shoved their wares by his pointed muzzle, barking out prices that lowered with each shout. He ignored the frenzy of activity around him and kept his wide, unblinking eyes gazing strait forward, an almost hypnotizing gaze which he followed with an equally unwavering step.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/15/2008 9:17 PM

A merchant woman selling fruit casually unveiled her prized imported peaches, fresh white peaches that glowed with flavor. Kinte paused in his march and eyed the sweet fruits. Not a single one was scarred or bruised. His tails swished, and lightly brushed the dusty ground as he debated buying one of the fuzzy peaches. I want to ask this woman for a price, he thought to himself, But I still can't speak, after all that trouble I went through. I don't see any prices anywhere. As if reading his mind, the polite merchant said, "Five keystones," in a soft voice. Kinte glanced up at her, then lowered his head and nodded softly. He frowned at the tempting peaches.

ooc-- no, I dont sell peaches. I was hungry when I wrote this. :P

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/15/2008 9:38 PM

(Mind if I join?)

Edur

Shula

The two Terratops lumbered through the market. The Blaze Terratops was in the lead, towing her brother behind her. Edur would have much rather been at home reading. Especially in this heat. He was coolimg the air around him, but it drained his energy. Then, Shula spotted the Fenling. Hey! Do you see the Fenling? I wonder who he is? The Glacial shook his head. I see him. And I know what your thinking. I will not go meet him

S:1
E:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Feint » 09/16/2008 10:22 PM

ooc-- Not at all! please do! :D

Kinte felt odd vibrations in the dusty earth, and craned his neck around over his shoulder to see what approached. A pair of Terratops were passing through, looking somewhat uncomfortable. Kinte stared up at them as they passed, at some distance away they still towered over him. He broke his gaze, bought two of the ripe peaches, and helped the merchant woman place them in a cloth brown bag. Plastic and paper were thought of as inconvenient in this town. Kinte slung the bag over his shoulder and trotted up to the Terratops. When he had reached Edur's ankle he leaned over and ever-so-softly touched his leg with his warm nose.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/17/2008 6:02 PM

Edur suddenly felt a warm nose against his ankle. He looked down to see a little Fenling. Hello there. Then his sister saw Kinte. Hi! I am Shula and this Edur, my brother! We're here to explore! Shula hopped alittle with each sentence. This had the unfortunate effect of shaking the ground around them. Several merchants shouted angrily, their wares breaking or being tossed around. Edur glared his sister and apologized profusely to each merchant. Shula! Stop that. She stopped and looked down in shame. edur opened a bag around his neck and pulled at a few Keystones and bought a few pieces of fruit. These he put in the bag for later.

S:2
E:2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/17/2008 9:27 PM

ooc-- of course, of course! step right in.  8)

Kinte bowed in greeting and sat down. His four long tails scooped broken and dropped items off the ground and placed them delicately on the tables or counters they fell off of. One tail then brushed against another, handing off a golden orb. It reached to his brown bag and pulled out a sanded down and pointed stick, slightly worn from use. He scratched his name into the dusty street in large but smooth letters; Kunte Kinte. He placed the stick back into his bag and lazily tossed his golden orbs into the air, juggling them like a circus performer. Each time an orb was thrown into the air, it caught the light of the sweltering sun and flashed like a beacon. A nearby merchant shouted to someone behind him, pointing at Kinte excitedly.

ooc-- edit= a typo! /gasp

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 09/17/2008 10:14 PM

Ash'amur

Anna walked through the market, her small figure shrouded in the shadow of an enourmous Void Battleheart. It was obvious she was not at ease next to the gargantuan creature by the way she shifted her weight each time she stopped and how she constantly glanced at him. Shopping at the desert market was nothing unusual, but it was the first time she had done it with Ash'amur. To make things worse, Arxello, the only being she knew who could keep Ash'amur in line, was off on another expedition to who knows where. Arxello was, in fact, probably the only reason Ash'amur hadn't eaten her yet. She saw two terratops lumbering around and decided to stick close to them. They looked formidable enough to subdue Ash'amur if things got out of hand. To her surprise, one of them, the female terratops, began to bounce, causing the ground beneath her to shake and Anna to fall over onto the ground. Ash'amur growled at the Terratops, "Clumsy beast..." without even looking at Anna. Anna picked herself up and gave Ash'amur the sternest look she could muster next to such a powerful creature.
"Look beyond the flower. See beauty in the thorn."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/20/2008 2:44 PM

Edur wathced as the Battleheart and its owner came up to them. I'm sorry for my sister's behavior. She's excited about being out the Pens. I'm Edur and this is my sister is Shula The Blaze Terratops smiled shyly and lent down to help Anna up.I'm sorry, normaly I'm not THIS hyper Edur smiled, at least she had some manners.

S:3
E:3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/20/2008 4:24 PM

Kinte caught the orbs suddenly and stood to face the Battleheart and master. He watched Shula help the trainer to her feet and he watched the Battleheart, who didn't seem to mind her. The merchant who had shouted had called his friends to see the amazing juggling fenling, only now Kinte had stopped. The merchant stared awkwardly at his friends and recieved a cuff behind the ears for lying. He sputtered in his defense at the backs of their heads. Kinte didn't seem to care. He walked smoothly up to the Battleheart's trainer and stared at her, undaunted by the fearsome void creature behind her. A tail fished out one of his ripe peaches and held it out to her.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 09/20/2008 11:31 PM

Anna smiled shyly and got to her feet with help from the terratops. She looked down to see a Cursed Fenling offering a peach. She smiled and aceppted it, "Th-thanks." she stutterred embarassedly. Ash'amur simply looked away, but not fast enough for Anna to miss the recognition in his eyes. Arxello was a Cursed Fenling as well. What a coincidence.

<2>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/21/2008 12:09 PM

Kinte nodded and sat down. He glanced at the Battleheart and the Terratops (Terratopses?) then snaked one long tail into his loose collar and pulled out a worn twig. He scratched his name, Kunte Kinte, into the dirt upside down so they could see, then replaced the twig. After a second or so, he curled his tails around in front of him and reached one up for his second peach. He rested the fuzzy fruit on his four tails and nibbled at its skin. The brown bag lay empty on his back.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/21/2008 12:22 PM

Edur looked down at Kunte. What brings you here, Kunte? The ribbon on Shula's horn fluttered in the wind. The little yellow strip of cloth danced in the wind.

(Braindead)
E:4
S:4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/21/2008 5:53 PM

Kinte raised his head and looked at Edur. He snaked a tail into his collar and pulled out a piece of yellowed paper. There was a kind of order on it, like a grocery list, in sloping, messy handwriting. However, the list had odd items on it that were far from edible, like a kind of spell ingredients wishlist. Most of them were semi-expensive and not a single one was cheap. Kinte placed the list back in his collar and looked back at Edur in question, head to one side. The peach had a large scar on the top side where he'd nibbled off the skin. It was a pinkish color, strangely.

ooc--did I mention Kinte was mute? I think I did but I'm not sure.

edit = arrg, the typos!! X_x

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 09/24/2008 8:13 PM

Ash'amur watched the Fenling, an annoyed expression on his face, "Why don't you talk?" he asked, glaring down at the Fenling. Anna looked sharply at the Batteheart, before saying, "Nice to meet you, Kunte."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/24/2008 8:29 PM

Edur looked over the list. What are they for? Shula, meantime, was distracted by a vendor. "Selling! Rare Gems! Precious Metals!" Shula looked at Edur. Wouldn't Lunasa love some? Edur shook his head. We don't have enough. Shula sighed. Some other time.

E:5
S:5

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate