With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

I loathe this place.... (Closed)

Postby Yomegami » 10/11/2008 6:32 PM

Of all the places to be, it had to be here, in this godforsaken, boiling hot desert. The Ruins weren't too far off, but he wasn't willing to fly back and risk crashing.

As one might guess, Bane wasn't in the best of moods as he glanced around his surroundings, lifting a wing to shade his glowing white eyes from the blinding sunshine. Why the heck did his owner want him here, anyway?

Oh yes, to increase his "toughness." He could've easily done that elsewhere. But no, he had to do it here, just because he didn't have to walk very far away from the Ruins in order to arrive. He might as well had been tossed out of the temple he usually called home.

The blood hollowheart lowered his wing, and then squinted to prevent blindness from the sun and the sand around him. He wasn't going to get anywhere hobbling around with only a wing and two legs, and he knew that from self-experience. But now, not only was he in a desert, he could barely see.

Grumbling, he shuffled onwards, certain that no one else was going to be here, especially right now....
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/16/2008 12:11 PM

(1. Sorry about the slow reply, and 2. Sorry about the cruddyness)

The wind swirled around her great, black form as shimmers of light were filtered through her wings, only letting the red free. Her red eyes were filled with a strange, motherly look as she sped across the baking heat of the desert. Her obesidian back blazed with the suns fury as her voided stomach. The silver markings glistening with somesort of dampness.

"Why bring me here, Duskie?" The voidbringer mumbled to herself. Her voice high-pitched and feminine. Embers floating to the desert floor as she hurtled across the sky. She eventually saw...Was it? Yes! It was! A blood hollowheart! She began her decent, she then remebered. "Mayday!" The female Voidbringer yelled, attemptiong to right herself to land properly. She simply ploughed into the golden sands, head-first. She coughed slightly when the sand had settled, rising and shaking herself. "Well, that was better than expected." She mumbled lightly, shaking the sand from her scales.

Redemption then began to move towards the hollowheart, dipping her slender head slightly as her flaming tail slid against the hot sands. Her wings tucked into her back as she let her nostirls flare, blowing up some of the sands. Her pale claws dug into the soft sands as she then sat on her haunches. Her red eyes gazing at the blood hollowheart. Wondering what he would make of the female voidbringer that chould fly well, but couldn't land.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/16/2008 12:30 PM

"I can't see a freaking thing...." Bane muttered to himself, his eyes barely open and he himself shuffling forwards at an irritatingly slow pace. How was he supposed to know what was ahead of him with this sun out, eh?

Not being able to see much, it was not surprising that he didn't notice the Paragon flying overhead. Perhaps it was also not surprising he was prone to making a klutz of himself when almost blind.

His tail, which was whipping around behind him in irritation, accidentally whipped around in front of his right foot as it was coming down. He didn't realize he had stepped on it until he used said foot to push himself forwards.

"Woah!"

In a matter of moments, he attempted to regain his balance by flapping his wings and trying to stay on both feet, but both attempts failed. Throwing up a cloud of sand, he did a belly flop onto the desert floor.

Today is just not my day, he thought as he attempted to shove himself to his feet.

"Mayday!" called someone from above.

"What?" he asked, just as something crash-landed in front of him and sent up an even larger cloud of sand than the one he had made. Hacking, as both a combination of his own cloud and the sand cloud before them, he opened his eyes just in time to see a Voidbringer paragon pick herself up from the ground.

Wait...female? Bane cast his eyes in the direction of the Paragon, and came to the conclusion that the paragon before him was indeed a female Voidbringer. You didn't see those every day.

The first words he said, upon thinking about his own fall and then the paragon's crash landing, were: "This isn't exactly your day either, is it?"
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/16/2008 1:47 PM

Redemption looked over to the hollowheart, then to the trench behind her. "That? oh, it happens all the time." Redempton then bobbed her head, bringing her shoulders and wings, one of her clawed hands bringing itself up in what seemed to be a shrug, feeling some sand roll from her shoulders.  "But still, getting sent to a wasteland with not a keystone to my name, true, not really my day." she sighed, bringing herself upright. She lowered her head slightly, hoping to find cooler air on a lower level. But sadly, she failed. The blazing sun's heat getting magnified through her wings. She knew her back was ither soon going to fall off due to the heat or set itself aflame, due to the heat.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/19/2008 5:08 PM

((Redemption is'nt leaving after this string of posts, I just need 5 posts to join another roleplay oPo Sorry.))

Redemption tilted her large, black, burly head slightly. "So, who are you? My names Redemption." She said, almost automaticly. Then beginning to claw at the sand lightly, sttemption to entartain herself while awating the Hollowheart to reply, beginning to draw small, child-like pictures in the sand and watching as they were blown away. A small frown tugging at her lips. She could feel the hot, stifling breeze blow against her. She didn't usually need water. But she would give anything for moisture at this moment.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/19/2008 5:14 PM

While awating the Holowheart to reply to her question, still, she began to draw more pictures, trying to draw them faster than the wind could blow them away. Working like a writer whom had just had a sudden blast of a muse. Her claws etching pictures into the sand furiously as the wind swirled around them, a small snarl pulling at her obesidian lips. She eventually began to mumble to herself. "I shall not fail, I shall not fail." The pictures becomming slowly more and more furious, some of them extremly violent.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/19/2008 5:18 PM

Redemption's claws eventually turned furious, simply clawing at the sands now, no longer drawing pictures, her claws working furiously as she soveled she sand to a side, she could tell the sands were'nt going to get any damper, like at the beaches. But she still hoped. She dug deeper and deeper 'till the hole was up to her elbows, then stepping out of the hole, and filling it in and repeating. She seemed to be in a trance of digging, filling, digging and filling.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/20/2008 12:19 PM

((Sorry for my lateness, the last few days have been utter heck for me.... >>))

Bane had gone into a sort of trance, simply sitting there facing forwards looking very much like a moron. However, all appearances of lack of intelligence disappeared when the paragon (who was named Redemption) asked him his name.

"They call me Bane." he responded - but if Redemption heard him or not was beyond his knowledge - she was thrashing around, kicking up sand.

Coughing a little, he added onto his previous question: "and what are you doing?"
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/20/2008 12:34 PM

(No problem)

Redemption simply grunted, halting after digging her fith hole, then looking back up at him, and then filling it in, sitting on the turned sand. "Digging." She said simply, then drawing a few more pictures in the sand with her wandering claw, her brow furrowed lightly as she then stretched out her head, opening her maw and yawning, blinking slightly as she continued to draw pictures in the sand.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/20/2008 12:47 PM

"Digging? Okay...." Bane said, as he watched the Voidbringer idly draw pictures in the sand. Apparently, the heat and the light wasn't bothering her much, if at all.

The blood hollowheart gazed idly to the side, watching his own tail make patterns on the desert floor. Then, an idea hit him.

To get out of the blinding light, he reckoned, he could dig a burrow, and rest underground until the sun went down and it was much cooler around here.

"That's exactly what I'll do!" he said aloud, for no outwardly obvious reason at all, and then he began to follow Redemption's example, using his hind legs and his wings to the best of his ability.

To see such a large reptile digging a hole like a small mammal was quite a ridiculous sight, but Bane cared not. He just wanted to make himself more comfortable.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/20/2008 1:53 PM

Redemption was honestly intruged. She slowly came up beside Bane and began to dig with him, eventualy beginning to enjoy it. Her tounge began to loll from her mouth as she shoveled the sand, pushing it form between her legs like a dog, spraying it through her spread hind legs. Panting like a beast and her muscles pumping. Not really finding a reason for burrowing, but just doing it for, well, Doing it.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/21/2008 12:56 PM

Dig a tunnel, dig dig a tunnel....

Bane began to fall into a comfortable rythym as he shoveled out sand, making the resulting hole bigger and bigger. Before too long, he figured, he'd have a nice shady burrow to lie in.

Not only that, it was now going a lot faster, seeing as Redemption had decided to join in. She, however, seemed to be doing it for the heck of it, rather than trying to find a place to get out of the sun like Bane was.

Hey, who was he to judge? The hollowheart shrugged (or at least, tried to shrug) and continued onwards. It was beginning to come obvious, however, that hollowhearts weren't built for digging....
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 11/02/2008 1:31 PM

Redemption was beginning to get lightly annoyed, so she began to nudge Bane out of the way with her arm, gently but meaningfully as she shoveled at the sand like a dog, watching as it wass getting deeper and deeper, it was beginning to get cooler further in. Beginning to snort angrily, slashing at the sand, and then pushing it out. "Slash, slash, push. Slash, slash, push."  She mumbled that in a strange beat, slashing and pushing in the same rythm.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 12/08/2008 1:53 PM

((I'm bringing a second character to help revive my muse. You have free reign to do the same if you want.))

Was it a contest now? Maybe Bane was just overreacting to Redemption's nudges. Ah well, this digging was going a lot faster working with a paragon than it was alone.

Claw, kick, claw, kick.... Bane's legs and wings fell into comfortable rythym, as he began to get to the coolor sand beneath. Suddenly, his claws scraped against what felt like metal instead of sand. Looked like somebody else was already down there.

And boy, he couldn't be more right, for at that moment the ground began to shake, and the sand beneath him and the paragon began to rise.

Slowly, but surely, the massive head of a garagnir rose from the desert floor, sand pouring from the crevices in between its scales. Bane began to wildly flap his wings to keep his balance, but only wound up nearly falling off the edge. Only the perfectly timed snap of his jaws around one of the horns kept him from plummetting.

As for the Garagnir, he merely kept rising and rising until most of his body, save for his legs that were standing knee-deep, was free of the sand.

"What ho? Who's there?" he rumbled, glancing around from left to right.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: I loathe this place.... (Private: Myself and Duskie)

Postby MythicDusk » 01/06/2009 12:46 PM

Redemption snarled and clung to the beasts head. before her snarl cut out and she spread her wings, taking flight. "I apoligize, sirs, I must take my leave. My owner wishes for me." She then did a few twists in the air, before flapping her large wings and shooting off to the west, her face hard and it contained no emotion.

((Sorry, Arctic,I need to make her go meet her possible lifemate D8))

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer