With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Indigo » 11/01/2008 8:51 PM

Top jumped when the side of the tent was kicked, but quickly came out. "Are you trying to scare us so we'll do badly later?" he asked suspiciously. He had slept with his backpack on and was carrying one of his favorite books in one paw. All of his books had little claw marks in them because of this way of carrying them.

He sat down just outside his greenish tent and opened the book, but today he couldn't keep his mind on his reading. He stowed it in his bag with a sigh and paced impatiently.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/01/2008 9:08 PM

Lester pushed aside the flap of his tent. He took out the poles and folded up the fabric. He quickly combed his gray/white hair and brushed the sand from his T-shirt. His charm was already glowing and sucking the heat from the air around him. He had found a few small scorpions last night and had caught them. He had cut of there tails and stored then in his sack of supplies for food. He put his hands in is pockets and stood next to the others. The night wasn't too bad. The sand was pretty comfortable, though it got into places he didn't want it. He planed to find a few cacti later. He planned to use the needles for something. Maybe he could find a way to make them into darts...His mind trailed off, starting to plan ahead and ahead.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Owl » 11/01/2008 9:32 PM

"Grrrawww..."
Usually Dare would stay up the whole night, being more nocturnal, but the ride over here made him groggy. Unus to the odd sleeping hours, his mind sat like a lump of useless junk in his head as he stumbled out of his tent. 'Wake up, wake up, wake up!' he demanded himself, shaking his head violently. When his gaze cleared and his brain started to function properly, he began to pack up. Scaring away a few stray scorpions that took up residence in his supplies, he tore down the tent rapidly and tried to fold it as to make more room in his bag. It turned out more crumpled, but it would do.
Tossing the sack onto the spot between his wings, he strutted towards the center, his glare seeming proud and brave. He was taught to always seem better, to mess with the opponent. Soon, you'll start to believe yourself, too, and never fear another creature again. He certainly felt pretty strong as he brushed some sand off his brilliant pelt, which shone much like a coat made out of fine materials in the strong sun. He was going to win this.

"So, you, Hollowheart, you're the host, eh? We're goin' to be movin' soon, or what? My paw are getting' restless!"he yipped, his wings rising to their full height to help block the sun from his stare.

[3/5]
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 11/01/2008 9:32 PM

Draco yawned, then looked around. He had no reason for a tent, the rocks were fine. He looked at the Hollowheart that was directing them. He sighed again, then walked over, tail carrying his supplies. He looked at the others who were up, then forced a smile.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Warnz » 11/01/2008 10:10 PM

[center]Image

Sheut surveyed the varied group gathered in front of him, ignoring their comments and inquisitions. Wow. These fools won't last for a second out here on their own. This won't take long at all... Putting on a mock-cheerful smile, Sheut addressed the "fools" around him. "As you may have guessed, today is the day of the first challenges. Since you all seem so very inexperienced in these things, we'll start with something easy and humorous." Sheut smirked. He reveled in the control and humiliation of others, and the conditions were just too perfect. "Your challenge for today will be swimming through the sand." Sheut waited for a few chuckles to subside, letting them sink into false security. "With rocks tied to your back," Sheut said, releasing his withheld breath. He knew the challenge was ridiculous, even ridonkulous*, but he just couldn't help himself. Besides, it wasn't his fault a Co-GM hadn't signed up to regulate him...

"The challenge will be taking place a half-mile from here. Luckily enough for you," Sheut stated, his false cheerfulness disappearing suddenly, "Your caravan driver," I hate that man, "Has volunteered to drive you the distance, along with your rocks." Sheut stretched his wings and pulled himself skyward. "You may proceed to fail."

{Sheut: IV}

* Don't ask... o_0
*~* Is NOT a reindeer... *~*
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 281
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/01/2008 10:41 PM

Swimming through sand?! What is this, some kind of joke?"I thought the goal was to survive, not drown in sand." Lester threw his sack over his shoulder and walked over to the caravan. He felt sick just looking at it. "At least it's only a half-mile..." He pulled open the rusty door and sat down on the cushioned seat. He found a rock sitting next to him. He brushed his hand through his hair and started to chuckle half-heartedly."I can't believe he's serious." He swung his head back against the seat, still chuckling. His charm must of thought he was sweating for the air around him suddenly felt chilly.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 10:46 PM

"That's our first survival challenge?  Big deal.  Try surviving a werewolf, a vampire spider, and your brother," said Hime as she went in the car and grabbed her rock, ready to do the challenge already to win.  "This'll be easy to do.  I've been swiming in thick blood for three miles.  Half is for whimps," she said.
{35}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/02/2008 6:11 PM

Twi quickly tumbled out of her tent, disoriented as Sheut spoke.
Swimming in sand? she thought, wrinkling her nose.
She shrugged and grabbed her supplies, making sure the pocketknife was securely tucked away in it's place at her belt.
The rope was likewise wrapped with care around her waist, at easy reach.
The torch was almost left in the tent. Fat chance to be able to see through sand. Twi stuck it in her little pack anyway.
This couldn't be THAT hard, she had lived through living MOSS.
It's not like the sand will swallow her up. Right...?
I'll deal with it when we're there... she thought aloud, trying to convince herself. And failed.
Sighing, Twi nudged a stone into the caravan and climbed in after it.

[62]
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Warnz » 11/02/2008 6:26 PM

Sheut settled onto the back of the covered truck with a resounding THUMP. Stretching his wings, he pulled a piece of paper from its hidden position between the tie of his ribbon. Unfolding it, he sighed. Sheut was never one to take orders, but this was the only job he could get. Printed on the paper was a formula issued to him by his superiors.

Challenge Type A Formula
Contestant: Example01
Endurance: 6
Toughness: 8
Level: 3

( Toughness / Endurance ) X Roll = Score

Example01 rolls 5
so
( 8 / 6 ) X 5 = Score
( 1.3 ) X 5 = Score
6.5 = Score

The Contestant with the highest score gains immunity for next challenge [Penultimate Challenge exempt]. The Contestant with the lowest score automatically gains two [2] or one [1] vote [depending on the challenge] counting towards dismissal from contest. Contestants submit votes* after each challenge to GM [Game Moderator].

Sheut refolded the ragged paper into a small rectangle and replaced it to its hidden position. Laying himself down on the fabric tarp comprising the roof of the vehicle, he allowed the monotony of the wheel's rhythmic rotation and the jostling of the truck to take over his mind...

* PM me the name of the contestant you would like to vote off with the subject "Survivor Dismissal Vote," or something likewise obvious after each challenge

{Sheut: V = Sheut Advances to Level 2}
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 11/02/2008 6:32 PM

Erebus was soon ready to go. His supplies were slung across his back, with knife around his throat. The air around his body was pleasantly cool. He trotted alongside the caravan. Swimming through sand? How do we do that? He shrugged as well as he could. They would soon find out.

E:3 *Sorry it took so long to reply and for the shortness. I'm sneaking on right now*
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Owl » 11/02/2008 6:44 PM

'Swimming? Through sand? What's the purpose of that?'
Dare twitched his tail in disbelieve at the first challenge; it sounded idiotic. He faintly remembered that in his training all those years ago as a pup, they were made to walk through thick mud. Each year, they would add a weight to his back. Because of his size, he didn't have much trouble with it; it should be the same this time.
He wrapped the knife and torch around on his right front leg, and the rope around his waist tightly, but not too tight as to cut off the circulation. The rest of the items stayed in the bag on his back, waiting to be used like a dog waiting to go on a walk. He trotted to the dreadful caravan, but with a grimace he decided to walk beside it. While sitting in the shade the caravan created, he stared at the great mechanical beast; he definitely didn't seem like the type of fellow you'd want to have a drink with. Dare, with a spark of distrust flaring in his belly, gave a snort and laid down in a clump.
He decided not to trust little old ladies to give him errands again. Sending him off with a maniac to swim in sand; what a vile thing to do! He bet himself next they would have to build pyramids.

The caravan shuddered, and with a groan, began to roll through the sand like an elder elephant trying his hardest not to get left behind. Dare plodded quietly beside it, keeping to the faint shadow to keep him from over-heating. 'Just keep looking forward, and you'll be fine.'

[4/5]
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 11/02/2008 6:52 PM

Draco looked at the rocks, then sighed and grabbed one. He dragged it over to the caravan. He tossed it into the wagon, then went into the air. He looked out at the sand, wondering how they would swim in sand,
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/03/2008 9:22 PM

Top shook his head and shoved a rock into the now almost empty backpack. There was only room for his water bottle now. He started to walk alongside the caravan.

{3}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Warnz » 11/03/2008 10:08 PM

[center][Later - Day 2]

Sheut looked down from his vantage point on the truck. Because of the roof's height, he could see the desert floor more clearly, and what he saw was satisfying, albeit horrifying if another had chanced upon it. A massive sinkhole  in the floor of the desert, its sides abruptly dropping down nearly a hundred feet to a soft fall in quicksand below. Created from an ancient earthquake, a comparatively miniscule hole had been opened in the surface of a massive long-dry aquifer. The sand was still being slowly sucked in, filling the cavern with small increments of sand.

This should do it. This should do it quite nicely. Sheut chuckled as he lifted himself from the vehicle. Suddenly, the truck lurched forward, and abruptly stopped, tottering on the horrifying cliff of the chasm. Sheut allowed himself a short, evil laugh, before pulling himself back and kicking the caravan kangaroo-style over the edge. Ignoring the screams from withing, he turned to the astonished lucky-few who had decided to walk. Smiling maniacally, Sheut had only one thing to say - "This is your first challenge. Now jump."

{Sheut: VI}

*Alright, so jump and dig yourself back out. For RPing purposes, there's a half-submerged ledge for your characters to "swim" to once free of the suction. Simple enough? Just RP your character's thoughts, struggling, etc. and I'll use the formula to see how long it takes them to dig themselves out. Higher scores signify lower times, alright? You can save the driver if you want, but it'll subtract 1 from your score. :twisted: Begin.
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/03/2008 10:23 PM

This was ridiculous. It really was. Once again, Top asked himself, whose idea was it for him to come here? Had Mince known? This was her kind of trick. Hopefully his strength would be enough, though reading all day doesn't exactly count as exercise.

He ran and took a flying leap into the pit, realizing now how fortunate he was not to like enclosed spaces. He began to wonder how stupid he was to jump off a cliff, though. Especially with such a twisted person-pet-whatever running the place.

His thoughts were interrupted by a soft thump, and then he was shoulder-deep in sand. He wondered if the quicksand principle would work here, and tried his best to float.

{4}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext