With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

87:4

Postby Krystalolive » 11/03/2008 11:04 PM

Draco had been one of the few who didn't ride, do to his size. He was shocked when Sheut kicked the caravan. "Holy-" He jumped in, his normal 'save-the-people' energy kicking in. He looked around, most of the contestents would 'hopefully' be ok, but the driver was another matter. He sighed, then 'sunk' to the caravan, looking for the driver. "I lose cause of you, and you'd wish you died."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/04/2008 2:36 AM

Gah! yelled Twi as she fell into the sand with the caravan.
She had been flung off the caravan with the force of the push.
Consumed with fear, she landed in the sand with a plop.
Her thoughts were wild, What do I do... What do I do... What do I DO!
Then her fears were replaced with calmness.
I have survived worse... I can do this... Just swim. Paws... Feet...
Gasping for air, she stuck her face out of the sand.
Seeing a ledge she struck out towards that, panting the whole way.

[63]
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Owl » 11/04/2008 8:24 PM

Dare, with a gasp at the sheer brutality, quickly set into action. He tied the rope thrice around a large rock, making sure he had enough of it left to get him down and back up. With the rest of the rope fixed around his waist, and a deep breath like an Olympic swimmer about to dive, he sprang into the hole.

He plummeted down, his paws spread and his body cringing for the impact. Wind rushed by him, filling is ears and making it hard for him to plan. A few seconds dragged by for what seemed like an eternity before his paws struck the surface of the sand with a strong force. The sudden collision made the sand hard enough that Dare could've walked on it for a split second until it began sucking him down into the depths. He began digging frantically, trying to make him sink faster. Soon, his whole body was submerged in the thick goo as he half swam and half dragged himself towards where he thought the caravan was nestled. His lung began to whimper for air as they started to ache, and his head whirled. His paw nudged something solid and rough. 'It must be the caravan!'
Using only his touch, he felt around until he felt a hole and looped the rope around it and tied it the best he could. Then, using the caravan to push off, he began his slow climb back up.
His lungs were now screaming, howling, pleading for air, for Dare to open his lips and breathe . His head felt like a two-ton rock, and his legs were numb. He so desperately wanted to just take a breath, but if he did, he would drown in a matter of minutes as the sand invaded his body. Then, his nose broke the surface, caked in sand so that it looked just like a bubble. More of him immerged, until from his chest up was out. He gasped like a fish placed back in the tank after spending much too long outside. His entire body was covered in thick mud, making him seem more like a monster. He dug his self to the ledge and crawled onto it, his legs collapsing underneath him. But, he couldn't rest, not with those helpless souls being trapped below.
       He did his best to sake the mud from his wings, and leaped towards the exit, his wings flapping next to uselessly. By some bless from the gods, he was able to reach it, if only barely. His paws scrambled against the sand to hoist himself up. Sprinting towards the rock where the rope was tied, he took it in his jaw, and began to pull.
His legs strained and fought against their selves not to fail as his claws scratched along the ground, gripping along the rocks. His lungs burned like fires inside his chest and eyes were being sliced from the sand in them. Tugging the rope for a near ten feet, he gave a whimper, and finally fell onto his side. His side moved rapidly as he struggled to breathe. His limbs were as useless as limp spaghetti and his eyes watered as they watched the other contestants. He wondered if he helped any. Giving a sigh, Dare struggled to his feet and weakly tugged at the rope, determined to steal the glory of saving everyone—or at least the caravan.

[5/5 Level Up!]
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 11/04/2008 8:35 PM

[center]Erebus looked at the Hollowheart. Nothing like Temujin, the Clockwork at home. With some difficulty, he tried the rock to himself. He sighed and took a running leap. He did manage a good distance. Unfortunately, hooves aren't good for swimming through sand. He thrashed around wildly, trying to find a way to move. The suction was wearing him down. Eventually he found a hopping motion worked the best. With clumsy bounds he covered the ground. Erebus saw Dare dive. Need any help? He felt his grip slipping. The sand pulled at his sides. Luckily all his supplies were with him. If he had lost something..... he hesitated to think about it.

E:4
(Added the rock.)
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Indigo » 11/04/2008 8:39 PM

Still working with his floating priciple, Top tried to steer himself toward the ledge. While it wasn't huge, it was something. But in his concentration on the ledge, he forgot his technique and ended up sinking deeper.

Struggling to pull his legs back up, he reflected on what was supposed to be done in these situations in his usual logical manner. At the same time, he wondered if he would be pulled under. If so, would he get that whole "life flashing before your eyes" thing? Or did that only happen in books?

He concentrated on floating instead.

{5--level up!}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/04/2008 10:12 PM

Lester fell back against the window as the truck was pushed into a giant sink hole. He smashed the window and squeezed through the hole as the caravan slowly filled up with sand. He tried to swim, but the sand overpowered him and sucked him down without a trace. His charm left a bit of space for his nostrils to get air, but not enough. He could only stay down for about a minute or so before his charm gave out. He immediately wished he had his wings, but had no time to change. He thought about what he could do, what had he read? He remembered something and went limp. The sand slowly pulled him along until his head finally reached the surface. He got some air before being pulled back down, but there was just enough time to glimpse a ledge, so he set his course towards that.

[4]

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/04/2008 10:54 PM

Hime Latched the rock onto her ankle and she was pushed off by the driver.  Door flunged open, more like broken, and she was out of the truck into the sand, and she sunked like the sand was blood.  Deep, thick, and deadly.  She swist and turned, not knowing what to do, but she heard the song that she sanged.  Her heart stopped and she saw doll parts that were broken and moving.  She swam up like a mermaid and kept on swiming up.  A little bit of struggle she did, but Hime showed a hand and bursted upward.  She swam to the ledge of the sand dip.  Once near there, Hime grabbed the Rock ledge and tiredly lifted herself up and the rock.  "I-*Huff* I made it...  Out of the sand toumb pit..."  she then layed on the warm rock and saw a scorpion.  She petted it's tail, and the scorpion purred.  "It's a good thing I'm alive, or I would lose the crown," she said to the scorpion.  The scorpion looked up  "I think I'll keep you for now."  Seeing other cotestents struggling, she un hooked the rock and sat up on the ledge.  "Anybody need some help getting out?" she asked, yelling to the others.  The driver raised his hand and she stood up and pulled him out.  The scorpion went up onto Hime's shoulder.

{36}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Warnz » 11/04/2008 11:08 PM

[center]Image

Sheut watched in mock horror as the contestants jumped from the ledge. "My my, what a pitiful way to go. It really is too bad. Eh, what's this?" Furious, Sheut picked up a rock a contestant had left behind. Kicking it down in disgust, the downfall of the rock was met with a sickening CRUNCH. Looking downward, Sheut espied a limp figure being pulled through the sand by a "heroic" player. "Oh my. I seem to have hit that driver fellow. Tallyho." Sheut grinned evilly, then surveyed the rest of the scene. One seemed to be attempting to pull the caravan up, and another had actually kept to the rules and attached the rock to themselves. "What fools. Do they think they get on my good side for such useless acts of "heroism?" We all know their selfish goals." Sheut swooped down, nearly missing a girl with a scorpion and landing on the form of the unconscious caravan driver. "Well, you all seem to have done well enough. For now, at least. I take it you want your scores now?" Sheut asked. Murmuring broke out. "Shut up, you fools! Do you want to hear them, or not?" I can't believed they all survived. Even that stupid driver! This is surely a disappointment...

{Sheut: VII}
*~* Is NOT a reindeer... *~*
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 281
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/04/2008 11:26 PM

Hime heard that Comment and looked really ticked off at the way he said that thing.  She crunched her fists and lifted up the driver.  "Hm...  I should make him a blood warrior, but I guess he'll just be medicated for now.  What's the score for me, Sheut?"  She looked at him with a evil stare digging through for a weakness of heart.  Something he was affraid of, something he misses, anythnig will work.  But after a while, nothing.  Darn!  He's good at hidding secrets.  The only thing I can see is the hatered of people.  All he cares is to get this stupid thing done.  What the heck's his problem.  I might ask him one day, when I'm alone with him.  She smiled evily and listened to her score.
{37}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/05/2008 12:16 AM

Twi lay on the ledge, and made no comment.
She didn't like the way Sheut talked.
So pessimistic, she thought and idly scratched a itch on her ear.
She listened to the Hollowheart talk and flopped over onto her belly, watching him attentivly.
Hmm... she hummed as the other contestants settled down.
She didn't think she did horribly, but you never know.
There was too much confusion to actually watch the others in the event.
Who knows, Twi shrugged.

[64]
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

88:5

Postby Krystalolive » 11/05/2008 9:43 AM

Draco glared from the driver, to the hollowheart. "Yes! Hurry up and tell them unless you want us to try to kill ourselfs again." He sighed, trying to calm down. He looked at the driver again, wishing the 'host' would get the heck off the 200pound weight he just carried.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/05/2008 6:06 PM

Lester swung himself upon the ledge."Well that wasn't too hard." He rubbed his hair to get all the sand out, but realized he would be waking up with sand on his pillow for at least a week."Tell us our scours already." He took off his shoes and started to dump the sand in small piles. He watched as the caravan driver was slowly pulled along by the river of sand."Poor fellow..." The words had no emotion in them. He turned his attention to Sheut, waiting to hear how he had done. He had forgotten the rock, but it didn't look like the hollowheart cared that much. He leaned against a rock as grains of sand fell silently from his clothing.

[5]=Level Up!

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/05/2008 6:47 PM

Top finally dragged himself onto the ledge. He hurriedly pulled the rock out of his backpack and hurled it into the pit. He was just trying to blow off steam, really. That Hollowheart...

He wouldn't let himself finish the thought, but simply dug his claws into his backpack. Not enough to damage it, not really. "Tell us our scores already," he muttered through clenched teeth.

He surprised himself by being this angry, but it wasn't unwarranted. There was no need to throw the driver in like that, and then throwing that rock. Still, hostility wasn't in his nature, and he quickly cooled down.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 11/05/2008 6:58 PM

The weight was getting to him. The rock pulled him down. He needed to rest. It was getting hard to breathe. The sand was closing in, holding him fast. With a surge of energy he pulled himself onto the ledge. He collapsed. Untying the rock was out of the question. Looking around, he sighed. It didn'y look like anyone was going to help him. Slowly, he bit through whatever foul rope was left. Sand coated his tongue. After taking a sip of water, he lay down, determined to be ready for the next challenge.

E:5(Level up)
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Warnz » 11/05/2008 7:00 PM

[center] [Scores]

LesterEndurance: 2
Toughness: 3
Roll: 4

Score: 6

TopEndurance: 12
Toughness: 8
Roll: 6

Score: 4

DracoEndurance: 35
Toughness: 33
Roll: 2

Score: 2

Twilight WhisperEndurance: 17
Toughness: 21

Score: 5

Princess HimeEndurance: 31
Toughness: 49
Roll: 3

Score: 5

ErebusEndurance: 16
Toughness: 10

Score: 3

DareEndurance: 8
Toughness: 8

Score: 4

Draco is the LOSER.
Lester is the WINNER.

As you can see, there are a lot of blanks. Know why? You haven't been updating your pens! I have no clue what some of your scores are (how should I know what area bonuses you have?), so please please PLEASE update or at least PM me w/ the required stats after every challenge. I know I didn't tell you guys this, so it's also partially my fault, but please remember for now on. Kay? *Wink*

Also, I did a little guestimating on some stats, so please review and tell me if any are incorrect. Rolls will be done once all stats are applied. Please do not post until this post is all filled out, and the scores are clear.

=D
*~* Is NOT a reindeer... *~*
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 281
Donate

PreviousNext