With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: The Lapis Asp [Private]

Postby Matt » 01/17/2009 1:04 PM

Tentan nodded, waving forwards the others before jogging after the Drakel. He reached him, panting lightly, smiling and narrowing his eyes against the sunlight, searching for a hint of some existence... there! A rock formation! Perhaps this 'Professor' lived there?

Bastet ran after Tentan, Savage at her heels. "Wait for me, Tentan!" Savage wagged his tail, his feet sinking slightly into the sand. Bastet turned, grabbing Savage by his scruff and pulling him out of the sand he'd been slinking in. She gave him an amused smile before trotting to Tentan's side, flicking her tail like a happy cat. "Well? Do you think he can get the Lapis Asp away from me, Professor Tentan?" Tentan raised an eyebrow down at Bastet, fingering his chin with a thoughtful look. "In the words of a professor of biology, I certainly hope so."

79 - 12 - 9

[Late post. Xx]

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/17/2009 3:07 PM

"Lapis asp? Who what now?" Dexter shook his head. "Rosie, did y'all even know what ya're draggin' us ou' here for?"

"Ah did hear th' Lapis Asp thing. But y'all di'n' esplain to me... So, Tentan, gimmie the lowdown. What's goin' down here? Wha's our friend's problem?"

Rosie followed Bisu toward the cave, which she noticed appearing slowly over the sand. Dexter seemed to be struggling with the dunes--his paws kept sinking into the sand, and his sister kept having to turn around and drag him out of the sand.

"Y'all need sand shoes!" she laughed. "Jus' like snowshoes!"

Dexter grumbled something and followed in silence, looking annoyed.

[98, 7]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/24/2009 5:15 PM

It was quiet and cool in the caves under the sand.  Djehuti-thoth had found evidence that he and his young friend were not the first to live there, but the previous owners of the place had deserted it long ago.  Deserted the desert... Oh dear, was that a pun?  That scamp Bisu was rubbing off on him.  Thoth never used to think in puns.  The Imeut shook his head and went back to organizing his library.

Most of the caverns, the driest ones anyway, were now dedicated to housing his vast collection of tomes, scrolls and anything else with writing on it.  There were a few caverns that were too damp to be safe for his collection, but those caverns were what made this place habitable.  There was a network of underground streams and pools in this cave system, flowing with fresh water.  There wasn’t enough there for even a small village, but there was plenty for a lone archeologist and his young ward.

As he arranged a stack of scrolls on a shelf carved into the stone, Thoth’s mind kept wandering back to Bisu.  Then, he suddenly realized why.  It was quiet in the cavern... much to quiet for this time of day.  Bisu usually spent these hours clambering about, shouting and playing games or constantly asking Thoth questions about whatever popped into his head.  After a few hours of this, he usually climbed onto the Imeut’s back and was dead asleep within moments.  However, Bisu wasn’t there.  Neither was Thoth’s faithful little insect assistant, Ka.

Thoth was about to drop what he was doing to go search for them both, when Ka zipped into the room.  The beetle sent off a rabid series of images which it took the Imeut a few moments to intemperate.  Once he had deciphered the scarab’s message, he quickly knocked the dust off his fur and headed for the cave entrance.  He was going to have to have a talk with Bisu later about chatting with strangers.

~~~

Bisu led the group up to the entrance, where he saw Thoth waiting for them.  Uh-oh... he was going to be in trouble.  He hoped their visitors had something exciting enough to make his guardian forget to lecture him later.

Putting a silly grin on his face and pretending as if nothing was wrong, the little Drakel scurried over to the Imeut and climbed up to his shoulders.  There he perched, for all the world like a young raja on his favorite elephant.

“I bringed some peoples, Tey say tey has a ting ta show ya Mr. Fluffles.”

{4}[1]

(ooc: Finally bringing in Thoth, I’m sorry it took so long for a reply.  The first week of school ate me.  Pima, you’ll need to pm me whatever info you want Thoth to be able to tell them about the asp and whatnot.)
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/28/2009 6:56 PM

It had been a rather exciting day so far for the young Drakel.  He wasn't usually this active.  He wanted to hear what had brought their visitors out into the desert.  Visitors didn't come very often.  However, he just couldn't keep his eyes open.  Slowly, he slid down from Thoth's shoulders to the Imeut's back.  There, he latched his little claws into their accustomed place on Thoth's collar, yawned, and fell asleep.  He was a sound sleeper.  Once he was out, he wouldn't wake up until he was good and ready to.

{5}
(ooc:  Sorry for the double post, I needed to get one more in so I can start something else.)

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/10/2009 7:09 PM

Rosie wasn't sure why, but something about this fellow made her want to bow.

She was pretty sure he wasn't a king. Oh, no. But there was something about him... a regalness. Even being called "Mr. Fluffles." Perhaps it was the fact that he lived out here, alone save for Bisu--in such a scorching place, alone, well. That took guts.

Her knees sunk involuntarily, but she knew it'd be stupid if she actually bowed. So she stuck out her right hand instead. "Pleasure t'meetcha, sir," she said. "Rosie Peppermint! Professor, erm..."

"Dexter Peppermint," he brother said. "Nice little cave ya got here. Air conditionin'?" he asked, hopefully.

((Please liiiiiiive. *topic prod*))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Previous