With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

The Beginning of a Long Journey {RP DONE}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/11/2009 1:40 AM

~*Chenzira ~ Posts: 0 ~ Level 1*~

Heat rose from the shifting sands of the Wilt'no Desert, which was nothing new.  Usually, the heat would be too much for most creatures to endure, but for Chenzira there was no such worry.  Being born of the desert, he was well adapted for it's obstacles.

What had brought him to this place?  His past.  Or so he believed.  His only memories consisted of when he had come to live with Sky to the present.  Before then...nothing.  It was a total blank.  He had sworn to himself that he'd find a way to revive those memories.  What good was a life without a past?  It would be no life in his eyes.  His best hope was the Wilt'no Desert.  His soul felt bound to this place.  

Na, his tiny scarab companion, zipped around his head before landing on top.  This brought him out of his daze.  He had gotten lost in thought staring at the endless dunes.  He was sitting on the outskirts of a small desert town he had come across. The walls of the surrounding buildings were barraged with sand as the wind gusted.  He was silently debating where he should start the search.  Should he stick to the towns or venture out into the treacherous sands?  

This was where his journey would begin.

{1}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Forever Searching... {Open}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/11/2009 4:28 PM

Na spread her wings and lifted into the air, circling Chenzira twice before heading into the town.  Slowly, Chenzira stood with a lost stare and followed Na back into the heart of the town.

Merchants could be heard shouting out the qualities of their goods down every street of the small town.  Coming close to a stand selling various fruit, Na went to investigate, buzzing over the lush bushels.  When the merchant of the stand noticed her, she was quickly shooed away.  Zipping back to Chenzira, she clung to his arm.

"I have no idea where or how to start, Na."  Chenzira sighed sadly.  His heart had brought him here, but now he felt lost.  He was certain that next-to-none of the townsfolk would have any information he needed.  Maybe if he were to walk around, he'd find something that could give him a clue or feeling...

{2}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Forever Searching... {Open}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/11/2009 5:08 PM

Walking along a well-beaten street, passer byes gave unwanted stares at the lone Imeut.  The fact that he had a small scarab beetle as a companion probably didn't help to rest their curiosity.  From behind masked faces, their eyes shone brightly, some with fear others with interest.  Chenzira paid them no mind.  He hadn't come here to be judged.  

Looking from one stand to another, no items sparked a feeling or yearning.  Fruits, clothing, jewelry, trinkets...nothing special.  Giggling made him turn his gaze onto a small group of children peering out from a doorway of a building.  Their eyes wide with amazement, they stood smiling and pointing at him.  Then they would giggle again.  Chenzira wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad.  Na whisked by his ear and landed on his headgear.  He broke his stare on the children and looked forward.

'Have they really not seen such a like as me?  Surely there are more of my kind that reside here...'  He thought silently.  His golden jewelry glistened in the sun, making his fur seem golden in places.  Maybe that was why they stared.  Judging by the looks of the town, riches weren't easily obtained.  They had no signs of mechanics or up to date technology.  They had kept to the old ways of living.  Hard work and perseverance.  It was quite admirable yet foolish at the same time.

{3}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Forever Searching... {Private RP}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/12/2009 7:12 PM

Turning a corner, he saw a small wooden bench with partial shade from a worn cloth hanging over top it.  He wasn't getting anywhere in record speed so why not have a seat and brainstorm?  Walking over to the bench, Na rushed past Chenzira and hovered noisily in the blotch of shade the cloth provided.  As he heaved himself up onto the bench, the old wood creaked.  Settling into a comfortable position, he sighed and looked out at the street.  Na landed beside him.

'Maybe this was a bad idea...or not the right time to come here...', he thought, returning stares from random passer byes.  Another disappointed sigh escaped his lips.  He seemed to be doing that a lot lately.  

An elderly man walked up beside the bench where Chenzira was deep in thought.  Catching sight of the large dog, his eyes widened and he stopped in place.  The sudden motion drew Chenzira's eye to the man.  He was dressed in tan robe-like clothing with a brown string tied around his waist.  A white cloth dangled over his head, held snug with what looked to be a headband.  His crystal blue eyes bore the scars of wisdom and distinguished wrinkles around them made him look all the more wiser.  This only intrigued Chenzira further as he maintained the stare.

"Why, I'd never thought..."  The man smiled at Chenzira.  This made him sit up straight.

"Thought what?"  Chenzira said slowly.  

{4}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/12/2009 7:29 PM

"Oh, just surprised my dear Imeut."  The man smiled warmly, as if he was waiting for this encounter.

Chenzira's mouth opened slightly in surprise.  'Ah, so there are people who know of the Imeut.  I knew there were more.'  He closed his mouth and smiled at the man.

"So you know what I am.  From the looks I've received here I was beginning to wonder if anyone would."  He made room on the bench and gestured for the man to sit.  Maybe this could be a golden opportunity at some useful information.  The man took the invitation and sat beside him, causing another creak to sound.

"Oh yes, well, living in such a desolate place, we don't get many visitors other than the occasional merchants from other cities."  The old man gave a throaty laugh.  Chenzira nodded in understanding.

"So..."  He started, deciding which question of many he wanted to ask first.  If this man was as knowing as he seemed, this could prove to be a breakthrough in his search for his past.  He felt his throat aching slightly and he swallowed, trying to sooth it.  This was the most he had spoken since...well...forever maybe?  The man stared patiently at him with a smile.

"I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions of mine."

{5 = lvl 2}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/12/2009 9:21 PM

The man chuckled softly and nodded.

"Of course, of course, but first I believe I should give a proper introduction."  He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against the wooden support with another creak.  "You may call me Suji."  He smiled.

"Ah, nice to finally get your name Mister Suji."  Chenzira gave a quick bow to the man.  "You can call me Chenzira, by the way."  He laughed lightly.

"Ah, Chenzira."  Suji paused briefly with eyes closed.  "Strong name.  Means 'born on a journey' if I'm not mistaken."  His raspy voice was kind.

"Um...yes...wow, how did you know that?"  Chenzira asked with amazement.  

"Oh, well, there are still some good knowledge left in the old noggin."  Suji pointed to his head and chuckled.  

{6}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/12/2009 9:55 PM

Na, who had been MIA for the past few minutes, zipped from behind the bench and landed on Chenzira's head with a slight thud.  Her antennae twitched curiously as she looked at Suji.  Suji made a silent o with his mouth at seeing the tiny scarab.

"My, my, haven't seen a scarab around here in ages!"  The man gasped, admiring the little bug that was perched on Chenzira's head.  

Chenzira nodded and tilted his head up towards his little companion.  "Yeah, you don't see many around."  He joked.  "She's a faithful friend, that she is."  Na made a sort of clicking sound as she scuttled around on his head.  He took it that she was proud.

"Well now, you said you had questions?"  Suji looked intently at him.

"Oh yes."  He took a moment to think of a question to help him get a good idea of his species.  "How long, would you say, have Imeuts been around?"  Maybe if he could get a good idea of how long his kind had inhabited the Wilt'no, then that could help reveal something.

"Good question, Chenzira.  Let me see."  He breathed in and closed his eyes in thought.  About 10 good seconds passed before he spoke.  "Well, they say that the Imeut have been around for as far back as the Holy Triumvirate."  A far-out look appeared on Suji's face.  "Yep, but, apparently, they had just been recently discovered.  Don't make much good sense to me, but I'm not one of them there scientists."

{7}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/14/2009 12:09 AM

Chenzira shifted his gaze to the ground as he thought about Suji's answers.  If Imeuts really have been around for as long as the Holy Triumvirate even, then that could explain his strange yearning to return here to the Wilt'no.  Maybe they were all tied to this place in some way...  A bond built over time?  There was no way he could be certain.

Na crept around his head, seeming to be oblivious to the ongoing conversation.  Chenzira didn't budge despite the commotion on his head.  One could have easily mistaken him as a statue.  Suji stared quietly at the dazed Chenzira.  

Looking out at the sun, Suji let a loud sigh escape as he slapped his knees with his hands, stirring the loose sand from the fabric.  Chenzira snapped out of the daze at the sound and looked at the old man.  With a harsh groan, Suji stood and stretched his, by now, stiff muscles.  Chenzira hopped off the bench with Na still clinging to his head and did the same.  

"Well, my friend, I'm afraid it's time for this old coot to get going."  He flashed a kindly smile at Chenzira and Na.  Chenzira opened his mouth in slight disappointment.  He still had questions that needed answering.  Still, he wouldn't keep the man from leaving.

"Oh...okay.  Then I guess until the next time, possibly?"  He asked, the disappointment clear in his tone.  Suji smiled and chuckled then stepped out into the street.

"Oh, yes, my friend, of course, of course!"  He threw up a hand in farewell to the odd pair.  Then, as if he'd forgotten to say something, Suji quickly turned to face Chenzira again.  "Perhaps the answers to your questions could be answered by Wilt'no itself, yes?"  He had a cunning look in his eyes as he turned and made his way slowly down the street.  "Good luck, my friend."  He called out without a backwards glance.

Chenzira murmured a soft 'huh?' to himself at Suji's words.  The street became crowded and he soon had lost the old man in the sea of people.  He sighed, aggravated that his best source had just vanished.  Yet, he was pleased with the information he had obtained in the short while spent talking with the man.  He slowly repeated Suji's words in his head, then silently mouthed them before finally speaking them aloud:

"Perhaps the answers to your questions could be answered by the Wilt'no itself?  Well, that helps a lot..."  He huffed sarcastically.  He would have to figure it out soon if he wanted to get any closer to his secret past.

{8}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/17/2009 2:19 PM

After speaking with the kind, helpful Suji, Chenzira seemed to have more confidence in his search.  With the tiny Na clinging to his arm, he jogged down the street until he had reached the cities perimeter.

The seemingly endless desert stretched out before them.  To think, it held his memories...his past.  The wind had died down some and the sun was blinding more than ever.  He thought about Suji's last words to him.  Maybe he had meant his search should be carried out in the desert.  That's what he had interpreted the message to mean.  He nodded slowly to himself.  Yes, he would venture forth into the Wilt'no.  It was his only lead!

Na hovered in front of his face, seeming curious.  A hopeful smile crept onto his face and he gestured towards the desert with a paw.

"Yes?"  He asked his scarab companion.  Na ran circles around his head in a flurry of excitement.  He took it she agreed fully.   "Alright then."  He chuckled lightly.

Step after step, he gave himself to the mercy of the Wilt'no in hopes of finding what he yearned so deeply for.

{9}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/18/2009 9:26 PM

The wind whistled loudly as it flung sand in numerous directions.  Chenzira, looking through scrunched eyes, trekked on through the flurry of sand.  He stole a glance backwards to see the small desert town quickly vanishing over the dunes.  He couldn't turn back now.  It would only prolong his journey that he was destined to take.  

His tiny scarab buddy clung desperately onto his chest, trying to stay out of the wind as much as she possible could.  It would only take one well-placed gust of wind to dislodge her and send her flying into nowhere.  This wind had come out of nowhere!  Only a few steps out of the city's perimeter and it struck.  Was there something powerful at work here?  Was it a sign that he shouldn't do this?  Or maybe it was a test of faith...  Regardless of the reason, Chenzira pushed on with hope powering his body.

Soon, the city was no longer visible.  It had sunk beneath the dunes and hidden behind the wall of flying sand.  It didn't matter.  He knew his way to go.  The sands began shifting beneath his feet, throwing him off balance.  His hold lost on the ground, he slid in the direction of the moving sand.  

{10 = lvl 3}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/26/2009 8:06 PM

Chenzira tried to fight his way back up the sliding slope, but to no avail.  He wasn't getting anywhere.  He was lucky to just stay in one spot!  More sand rushed towards him, causing his hold to be loosened once more and he was sent head over heels backwards.  It was like being caught in a tidal wave...only with sand.  

The sand engulfed him as he continued rolling down the shifting slope.  It was as though the sand had come alive.  Feeling himself come to a stop on fairly flat land, he clawed his way out of the sand that had trapped him.  He gasped desperately for air and spat out sand that had found it's way into his mouth.  Now the wind had settled some.  This place was crazy!  It was as though the forces of the desert were acting out of spite towards him.  He didn't find it a mere coincidence that first he was buffeted by sand in a storm and then getting swallowed by a landslide of sand in only a few minutes of being out here.  He quickly escaped the sand's hold with a swift jump and violently shook to dislodge the sand from his being.

"Wait a second!  Na!?"  He gasped as he felt around his chest for his tiny buddy.  He could only feel his heart beating rapidly.  His heart sunk as he realized his tiny scarab was missing.  "Na!?"  He called out loudly.  He had let her fall.  What had he done...

{11}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Beginning of a Long Journey {Self RP}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/07/2009 8:41 PM

"What have I done!?"  He cried sadly, beginning to dig through the mound he had emerged from.  Scooping paw-fuls of sand one after the other, he felt his heart ache.  He couldn't lose Na, she was his dearest friend, not to mention the closest thing to family he had.

After a few minutes of digging, he stopped briefly.  'Na...' He slowly scrapped another pawful of sand out from around him.  

Suddenly, to his right, a small area of sand began moving.  His heart lifted when he caught sight of it.  As it moved more rapidly, he held his breath with hope.  

"Na!?" He gasped happily, pawing softly at the moving sand.  Sure enough, the tiny figure of his beloved scarab crawled out from the sand.  He was so happy it felt as though he had been rejuvenated.  Na shook rapidly to dislodge the sand from her back and quickly resumed her place with Chenzira, clinging to his chest.

Smiling, he raised a paw and stroked her gently.  He didn't know how he could make it without her.  He would even go so far as to give up the search if it meant he couldn't stay with Na.  As far as he was concerned, she was his one and only, true family.  

He looked over the desert and sighed heavily.  Maybe this journey was too risky...too many things could go wrong for them...was it really worth all that?

{12}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 3:34 PM

He sat quietly for a few moments, daring not to remove his paw from the tiny Na.  He had no desire of a repeat of what had happened.  The sand-filled winds whistled loudly and buffeted his back.  'Great...the wind is back he thought with a sigh.

Thoughts of turning back were filling his mind.  Maybe today wasn't the right time to try this.  He didn't doubt the wise words of the old man, Suji, oh no - it wasn't that.  It was just, perhaps, he wasn't fully prepared to start the journey yet.  Maybe just getting that small some of information was all he should do now.

Na twitched her anteane up at Chenzira, as if to say 'it's alright to turn back'.  He glanced down at her and gave a sad smile.  Yes.  He had decided.  It would be in the best interest for the both of them to accept the fact that they'd go no further today.  They weren't ready ... yet.

{13}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 3:42 PM

Chenzira looked back in the direction they had come.  Surely they hadn't strayed too far from the town.  At that time, the winds seemed to die down again.  It was as if they were saying that he'd made the right decision.  Perhaps, just perhaps, there was a higher power out here, guiding people's actions.

The thought of that only made Chenzira more anxious to return and try again.  He wasn't giving up, not until it was finished.  How ever long it may take.

{14}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 3:47 PM

He gave Na a final pat and, in a gentle voice, said "Come on.  Let's return for now."

Na squeaked quietly and proceeded to cling to him with all her strength.  He chuckled lightly and turned back and started back towards the town.  One day he'd return, hopefully fully prepared to go all the way.  His heart ached at the thought of leaving the Wilt'no.  Oh, but it shouldn't fret....he'd return...he'd return...

{15 = lvl 4}

END OF RP
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate