With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby SirMax » 10/09/2007 2:03 PM

"Yes. It still draws me." Sethor said softly. "There's something about it." he murmured, nuzzling the top of her head absently. "Then again, all of you is beautiful, so I could really pick any spot and stare all day." he added, grinning.

"Um... I guess..." said Sarah, fidgeting slightly. She was starting to feel nervous again. Maybe she shouldn't be sparring the Lucain...

Yojimbo bent his leg, collapsing onto his side and kicking at Ashi fiercely and realizing suddenly that if his kick missed, he'd be out on his back at very easy to pin.

Sam's eye lit up. Emotions set aside or not, if Ashi pinned Yojimbo, there was no chance the Kuhna could possibly keep his feeling away from the surface. Yay!

[[Sarah: 115 || Sam: 134 || Yojimbo: 54 || Sethor: 156]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/09/2007 5:21 PM

Tali?±a smiled, her eyes glimmering.  "Why, thank you, Sethor." She said, her tails brushing against his.  She smiled brightly, the necklace shining in the sunset.  Alexa crouched slightly, and then dashed at Sarah, head lowered to ram into her.

Ryen couldn't help but chuckle as Ashi moved to dodge the kick, landing on Yojimbo and pinning him firmly.  "Gotcha." She said, smiling.

{Tali: 137||Ryen: 87||Ashi: 61||Alexa: 53}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/09/2007 5:35 PM

Sethor smiled. "It's only the simple truth." he murmured, nuzzling her again as his tails batted playfully at hers. His anklet was partially buried in the sand, the resilient metal totally ignoring the coarse dust.

Sarah hastily tried to sidestep, swiping desperately at Alexa with a paw and kicking out another. Hopefully something would connect.

Yojimbo turned bright red, his calm and concentrated air brought by the fight disappearing instantly as he stared up into Ashi's green and orange eyes, which were sparkling with happiness. Struck completely speechless, Yojimbo could do nothing but stare up at her and open his mouth, then close it again.

Sam watched in great amusement. It was always nice to see young people starting relationships... wait, she was still a young person. Where was HER relationship? Oh well, it was still nice that her son was happy at least.

[[Sarah: 116 || Sam: 135 || Yojimbo: 55 || Sethor: 157]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/09/2007 5:58 PM

Tali smiled.  "My trainer said I was getting those comments from trainers when I was but a pup--that I was a beautiful Lucain.  But only one of the male Lucain out there caught my eyes... You." She said, smiling as she looked over at her daughter.  Alexa tried to dodge the paw, but was slightly struck on the side of her face.  Turning, she moved to swipe at Sarah's back.

Ryen looked over at Ashi as she smiled triumphantly down at Yojimbo.  "You have anything to say?" she said, her smile broadening.

{Tali: 138||Ryen: 88||Ashi: 62||Alexa: 54}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/10/2007 12:40 PM

Sethor laughed and slipped his paw over hers, the anklet dragging in the sand before coming to rest on Tali?±a's slender paw, next to Sethor's paw. "Oh? You weren't in the least interested in any of them, hmm? I can't say I was same. I didn't ignore attractive passing Lucain before I met you."

Sarah quickly threw up her foreleg, trying to block the strike while kicking out at the same time, aiming for Alexa's leg. Maybe she'd manage to knock the Lucain off balance.

Yojimbo's mouth opened again, and a small squeaking noise came out before it clamped shut again, Yojimbo turning even redder. Somehow, he hadn't felt like this when he had her pinned... but her standing over him with glee in her eyes somehow left him stunned and blushing deeply. Her furred paw pressing him down into the sand... he turned even redder as his train of thought travelled to more places where Ashi was pressing down on him.

Sam giggled as she watched Yojimbo. She was cute! But maybe, just maybe, she should send in a form to Kuhna Lovers Anonymous... she would like a father for Yojimbo, since if he pursued Ronin it would only get him hurt.

[[Sarah: 117 || Sam: 136 || Yojimbo: 56 || Sethor: 158]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/10/2007 2:35 PM

Tali smiled.  "The only one I met in more than just passing before you was Famfrit, the father of my first litter; and he was... a little too puppy-like for my tastes.  I've heard of other Lucain, such as the firstborn son of Kyuukai and Quantum, and more of her bloodline, that are attractive, but nonetheless, you are the one that has stolen my heart." She said, nuzzling him.

Alexa stumbled a little, but quickly regained her balance.  "Good, good... Now, if I aim to strike here..." She said, aiming her strike behind the head, waiting for Sarah's reaction.

Ashilata chuckled.  "What?  Afraid to admit you've been pinned down by a girl?" She asked, her mismatched eyes filled with glee.  Ryen could only roll over onto the sand, laughing so hard that Tali was certain he'd burst at the sides.

{Tali: 139||Ryen: 89||Ashi: 63||Alexa: 55 -- Level-up}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/10/2007 4:20 PM

((xD Sam ended up sending in a KLA form))

Sethor smiled back. "Ah, yes, I think you told me about Famfrit. And I never really found a female that really interested me before you, but I wasn't blind either. Of course, now my eyes only see you." he said, nuzzling her. "Which could prove to be a problem if I ever have to fight a female Lucain in the war."

Sarah flattened herself to the ground, unable to really mount an offense but hopefully at least dodging whatever Alexa was up to. Not every move had to be an attack, after all.

Yojimbo managed to shake his head before closing his eyes and turning a darker red. The more gleeful Ashi became, the more her eyes sparkled and the more attractive they were to Yojimbo, thereby making him more and more embarrassed. At this point, he'd pretty much lost the fight, but that was the last thing on the poor Flarend's mind.

Sam could barely stop herself from joining Ryen on the ground, but managed to stay standing and keep her laughter more or less contained. The best part was, Ashi didn't even seem to notice the effect she was having on Yojimbo!

[[Sarah: 118 || Sam: 137 || Yojimbo: 57 || Sethor: 159]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/10/2007 5:30 PM

Tali?±a laughed, smiling broadly.  "Yes, that could prove a problem.  At least we won't have to fight one another, true?" She said, nuzzling him back.  "And it is my understanding that we are now grandparents, just like there is another litter coming that will be your stepchildren?" She said, smiling smugly.

Ashi turned to the other two Kuhnas and said, "What's so funny, you two?"  Ryen said, through his laughter, "I...it's just you...you two!  Don't you see that you've got Yojimbo, like, totally embarrassed and blushing?" After saying this, he continued to laugh.

Alexa smiled as Sarah dodged her attack.  "Good, good... Now if I aim to bite at your paws, you would...?" She asked, moving to do exactly as she said.  She was testing Sarah's fighting knowledge carefully.

{Tali: 153 -- Level up x3 due to breeding||Ryen: 70 -- Level up||Ashi: 64||Alexa: 56}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/10/2007 5:59 PM

Sethor smiled and stroked Tali?±a's stomach gently with a paw. "I don't mind that they're with another Lucain, as long as you continue to refer to them as my step children." he murmured, nuzzling her. "And we are indeed grandparents, and our daughter has found a lifemate in her first breeding." he added. "She moves rather faster than I do, it seems."

Rather than answering verbally, or pointing out that part of fighting was being able to tell when your opponent was doing something, Sarah leaned back and kicked upwards as hard as she could.

"It's true, dear." said Sam, pausing her own laughter. "The poor child is on the cusp of fainting." Sam paused for a second. The cusp of..? I don't think I've ever used that phrase before...shrugging, she returned to her laughter.

Yojimbo squeezed his eyes shut tighter, mortified. His own mother was doing what mothers did best and turning an embarrassing situation into a situation that made him wish for invisibility. Why couldn't he have been a Preitor Kuhna?

[[Sarah: 119 || Sam: 138 || Yojimbo: 58 || Sethor: 160]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/10/2007 6:10 PM

[[xDDD OMG, Yojimbo and Ashi are so cute right now!]]

Tali smiled, nuzzling him back.  "If my trainer gets a female pup from this litter, I've already decided on a name for her: Ajeya.  Fire said that, in a day before Evelon existed, a leader from the realm she used to be a part of gave that name to their first pet, and therefore, Fire keeps that realm alive in the names she gives to her pets: Adonia, Rhyia, Maeve, Yeesha, Aitrus, Tasera... Do we know what our daughter has decided to name our grandchildren, and who her lifemate is?" She said.

Ryen continued to laugh as Ashi said, "Erm... beg pardon?"  It was quite obvious that Ashi was clueless about what Ryen and Sam appeared to see as clear as day.  Alexa winced as Sarah's kick landed on her muzzle.  "Very good.  Very good." She said, shaking her maw to rid it of the tingling.  Without saying a word, Alexa began to circle Sarah.

{Tali: 154||Ryen: 71||Ashi: 65 -- Level up||Alexa: 57}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/11/2007 12:36 PM

"She hasn't named the children yet- it's common practice in our pen to wait until kits and pups are grown before naming them. Seth was an exception, though, if I recall correctly." Sethor remarked thoughtfully. "As for her lifemate, she's named Rysk, and she's the daughter of the Lucain that Aksel from our pen pursues with such determination..."

Sam couldn't help from laughing so hard her sides started to hurt. There was no way she'd said that, right? She really didn't notice! It seemed unbelievable, but Ashi didn't even understand when they spelled it out.

Yojimbo changed his mind. He no longer wished to born as a Preitor Kuhna. He was now wishing he'd been born a puddle so he could just sink into the sand and disappear and be forever gone from sight. Or not born at all. Or born female. No, that wouldn't work. With his luck, if he was born female Ashi would have been born male...

Sarah paused momentarily, not sure if she could really attack the Lucain successfully. Maybe it would be better if she just waited for Alexa- her guard seemed to be working at the moment.

[[Sarah: 120 || Sam: 139 || Yojimbo: 59 || Sethor: 161]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/11/2007 1:09 PM

Tali smiled.  "Well then... It turns out our daughters have fallen for siblings from the same family.  Tasera's lifemate is known as Xryen, the only son of Nazuna and Raksis." She said.  "I guess her breeding went better than expected?  I am happy for her, though Fire would never buy one of those potions." She said, a slight groan coming from her afterwards.  "More pups on the way" meant having to deal with the pains of carrying them.

"What's wrong, Yojimbo?" Ashi finally asked, moving so that the Flarend could move again.  Ryen continued to howl with laughter while Alexa leapt at Sarah, hoping to tackle her.

{Tali: 155 -- Level up, maxing/maxed out in Loyalty and Fame||Ryen: 92 *braindead*||Ashi: 66||Alexa: 58}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/11/2007 1:45 PM

Sethor raised an eyebrow. "Really? Why not? Too expensive?" when she groaned, he let out a small laugh. "Feeling just a little bit in pain, by any chance?" he asked, rubbing her stomach with a paw. "It will pass soon enough. We Lucain are gifted with short pregnancies, after all."

Sam looked over at Ashi, who finally seemed to have figured Yojimbo's embarrassment out. She wondered momentarily if she was trying to drive the Flarend into total insanity, or if she really expected a coherent answer from the blood red faced Kuhna.

Yojimbo stared up at Ashi helplessly, and he opened and closed his mouth again, still completely unable to say anything about the incident. Or say anything, in fact. He almost fainted. But not quite. Shakily, he got to his feet, still blushing. "N... n... nothing." he managed, mumbling and looking down at his feet. There were times when he was even worse a liar than Keltor.

Sarah jumped forward, kicking out at Alexa at the two flew towards each other. Sure, Alexa was bigger, but Sarah was stronger. Hopefully the kick would be enough to knock the Lucain back.

[[Sarah: 121 || Sam: 140 || Yojimbo: 60 || Sethor: 162]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/11/2007 2:04 PM

Tali chuckled weakly.  "She just can't wrap her mind around it." She said, and then, she nodded.  "Yes, that is one of the good things.  At least that was my last public breeding--I appealed to Fire's better nature and got her to try and change the breedings I had arranged with the other two Lucain to either with Alexa or Fleur." She said.

"What about me?" Alexa said as she winced as Sarah's paws connected with her stomach.  She wasn't knocked too far off course, but she did fall off to the side.  Tali just shook her head.

Ashi inclined her head.  "Suuuuure it's nothing.  You're about as obvious as Sethor and Tali over there--No fainting this time, Tali, or else you and Sethor will be on your own." She said.  Tali chuckled.  "No duh." She said.

"I'm glad I'm not the one that has to go through that... My end of the deal is much worse, wanting to be right there when my mate gives birth." Ryen said, remembering back to Specter.

{Tali: 156||Ryen: 93||Ashi: 67||Alexa: 59}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/11/2007 2:18 PM

Sethor sighed slightly. "I still have a few breedings left to do..." he grumbled, mentally glaring at Max. "Max failed to get a room. And none of my partners have really volunteered to get the room for us, so my list is going no where..." he muttered, sighing slightly. "But hopefully I'll find a way to get a room soon."

Sarah pressed her advantage, kicking at Alexa as she followed after Alexa quickly.

Sam blinked. How had Ashi gone from completely and totally oblivious of Yojimbo's little affections and now she was being aggressive and able to read Yojimbo like a book. Odd.

Yojimbo blushed deeper. "Ah-ah...Ah, I..." he stammered, stepping back from Ashi slightly. Now the embarrassing part. Yojimbo knew he couldn't have children, and Ashi knew too. Now that she'd found out he liked her, even if she'd maybe carried it farther than he was sure about, would come the pre-emptive rejection...

[[Sarah: 122 || Sam: 141 || Yojimbo: 61 || Sethor: 163]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext