With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby SpringsSong » 10/11/2007 5:51 PM

Tali chuckled.  "I can get Fire to stalk for some rooms for you." She said, rolling over onto her back.  "God, I wish Fire had put Fleur into that breeding room instead of me..." She said, sighing.  "Even though I already have grandchildren." She said.

Alexa growled, the kick landing right on her side.  "All right, enough..." She growled, walking over to her mother.  "Don't die on us, okay?  You'll have your pups soon." She said, nuzzling her mother.  The other Lucain smiled and closed her eyes for a few minutes.

Ashi sat down, smiling.  "Come on, say it.  I won't, like, leave or anything, if that's why you're not talking." She said.  Ryen laughed.  "Here we go again." He said.

{Tali: 157||Ryen: 94||Ashi: 68||Alexa: 60 -- L.U.}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/12/2007 1:14 PM

Sethor smiled at Tali?±a and nuzzled her, lying down next to her on his stomach. "That would be wonderful. Then maybe I could finally say farewell to my list and retire with you once and for all." rolling over onto his side, he stared happily into Tali?±a's eyes.

Sarah shrugged and lay down in the sand for a moment, thinking about Raul again. Maybe that meant something, that she kept thinking of him. Maybe she should wait until they ended up in the breeding room, maybe that would hold some answers...

Sam rolled her eyes. Obviously, Ashilata knew nothing at all about men. "Um, Ashi..." she paused momentarily. "...on second thought, nevermind." she said, smiling at the Trikuhna.

Yojimbo looked away, still unable to stop blushing or answer her. What was he supposed to say? 'I like you, I might love you, but I'm sterile so you won't want to be my lifemate or anything, and you'll just automatically assume that's what I want just because I'm attracted to you.'? Yeah right.

[[Sarah: 123 || Sam: 142 || Yojimbo: 62 || Sethor: 164]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/12/2007 2:39 PM

Tali smiled as she nuzzled Sethor again.  "Well, since Fire's going about advertising the rest of my children looking for lifemates, she can spend more time stalking for rooms to help you clear your list.  Tasera can wait for a while unless Draiz can snag a breeding room for her and Xryen." She said, smiling again.  "My little daughter, Cimarosa, will be coming out here soon.  Her brother's gone to live with his father, but Cimarosa will know you as her father." She added.

Alexa blinked.  "A little half-sister of the Kyuukai blood?  What an honor!" She said, sitting down next to her mother.  "That should be interesting.  I wonder if she'll have the Celestial markings that Kyuukai is famous for..." She wondered aloud.

Ryen looked at Ashi, still laughing.  "Yojimbo, I might as well tell you now: She won't care that you cannot have kits of your own; but she does like you.  I can see it in her eyes, and she dare not deny it." He said.  The Trik blinked, turned to Ryen, said, "Would you stop with your superior insight that you have due to your own experiences?", and then turned back to Yojimbo.

{Tali: 158||Ryen: 95 -- L.U.||Ashi: 69||Alexa: 61}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/12/2007 2:57 PM

Sethor raised an eyebrow. "Cimarosa? Who's this pup?" he asked, smiling slightly. "I don't think you've told me about her yet. Is she a new child of yours, or an old one that was living with her father."

"Who's Kyuukai?" asked Sarah, curiosity walking up to the three Lucain and glancing up at Sethor. "I don't think I've heard of before..." she mumbled, blushing slightly, since she guessed that it was a bit of a silly question.

Sam glanced over at Ryen. How had he guessed that, exactly? Maybe it was because he had a lifemate. Or maybe it was a common thing for ancient kits, although Sam had heard it was more the norm for arcane kits to have no intrest in the opposite gender at all.

Yojimbo's cheeks burned brighter. "I... I... I don't know!" he cried out. Why couldn't they just leave him alone?! He'd just met Ashi, and he was attracted to her, but he didn't know really how he felt yet! Overwhelmed, he spun on his heel and bolted off into the swirling sands of the desert.

[[Sarah: 124 || Sam: 143 || Yojimbo: 63 || Sethor: 165]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/12/2007 6:03 PM

"She's my newest pup.  Oh, she is adorable; all midnight black with the most adorable blue eyes..." Tali?±a said, smiling.  "You'd love her.  Fire says she absolutely loves music."  Alexa turned to Sarah.  "Kyuukai is a Celestial and Malamute Lucain that has... many relations; I'll say it and leave it at that." She said, chuckling.

Ryen shook his head as Ashi slowly followed after Yojimbo, sighing.  Was it something I said...? She thought, looking back at Ryen sorrowfully.

{Tali: 159||Ryen: 96||Ashi: 70 -- L.U.||Alexa: 62}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/12/2007 6:15 PM

Sethor smiled. "Well, I'll be glad to meet her." he said, letting out a short laugh. "Although I've never been particularly interested in music." Sethor did not have any fond childhood memories of listening to music and he never was in a position to attend concerts or the like.

Sarah blinked, not sure how honest Alexa was being. "Um... okay..." she said, blinking and looking sceptically at the Lucain.

"Yojimbo, wait!" called Sam, running off after her son. Shoot, where is he running off to?

Yojimbo wasn't sure where he was running to. All he knew was he needed to get away from Ashi and Ryen, and his mother, and far away, so that they couldn't force him to answer questions he didn't know.

[[Sarah: 125 || Sam: 144 || Yojimbo: 64 || Sethor: 166]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/12/2007 6:52 PM

Tali?±a chuckled.  "Well... heh.  Fire loves music a lot too, so she and Cimarosa should get along lovely.  I find music is very soothing to listen to when angered or sad... or just whenever." She said, smiling.  Alexa chuckled.  "True, true.  Fire always has some orchestral music playing in the Arena, or else she's the one playing it." She said.

Ryen began to follow after Ashi, though he could tell that Ashi was worried about Yojimbo.  he was just following to give his support to her.

{Tali: 160||Ryen: 97||Ashi: 71||Alexa: 63}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/12/2007 7:24 PM

Sethor smiled. "Well, I'm glad you can take solace in it..." he paused for a moment. "Tali?±a, I have an idea. How about we have a family reunion? In Idalani? Since we really should meet each other's children..."

Sarah smiled. It sounded like a good to her, at any rate. Althought she couldn't vouch for Tali?±a.

Sam stopped as Yojimbo ran off. She couldn't catch up, so she just watched in dismay. "Yojimbo..." she murmured. This was her fault, wasn't it?

I don't know, I don't know! Get away! Yojimbo, already out of eyesight of the others, flopped down on the sand.

[[Sarah: 126 || Sam: 145 || Yojimbo: 65 || Sethor: 167]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/12/2007 7:29 PM

Tali?±a smiled.  "I'd love that!  Tasera's already in Idalani, and I know Mother and Father wouldn't mind the scenery there, nor would Galen or Areia, my niece..." She said.  Alexa perked up.  "You mean I'll actually get to meet my grandparents?" She said happily.

"Yes, and we can even try to get Lennox and Aeragorn to come, though we'd have to speak with Aeragorn's new trainer first." Tali?±a said, smiling.  "Fleur won't be able to come, though; I'm afraid... She and Wyra went off exploring in Tengel and won't be able to come for a while, I think" She added, a slight sigh creeping into her voice.

Ryen and Ashi were still following after Yojimbo, though they weren't running to keep up; they were just following.

{Tali: 161||Ryen: 98||Ashi: 72||Alexa: 64}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/12/2007 7:44 PM

Sethor grinned. "Alright then. Shall we go, my love?" he asked, smiling and turning towards Idalani, placing a paw on her shoulder and heading towards the falls with his lifemate.

Sarah blinked. Sethor was leaving Wiltno? It seemed impossible, but it looked as if it was true... He'd been there since... forever. So had she, for that matter...

Sam sighed. Her running after Yojimbo wouldn't do anything- he didn't want to see her, that was obvious. "Ryen!" she called. "Maybe you should stay here, huh? So he doesn't bolt again."

Yojimbo lay in the sand, curled up into a ball and breathing deeply, trying to calm himself down.

[[Sarah: 127 || Sam: 146 || Yojimbo: 66 || Sethor: 168-gone]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/12/2007 7:50 PM

Tali?±a nodded.  "I'll have to make a quick stop at the Arena, though, to get Galen, Areia, and Tasera.  Then, I have to send a note off to my parents as well." She said, smiling as she nuzzled Sethor and beckoned for Alexa to follow them.

Ryen nodded.  "Ashi and I'll both stay." He said, seating himself some distance from the Flarend.  Ashi could only look over at the Flarend helplessly.

{Tali: 162 -- gone||Ryen: 99||Ashi: 73||Alexa: 65 -- gone}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/12/2007 8:01 PM

Sarah watched Sethor leave with a pang of regret that surprised her. She had been in the same area as the Lucain for ages... she shook her head. She'd see him again soon.

Sam bit her lip. "Actually... maybe Ashi should go talk to him..." she mumbled. "But not us." she added.

Yojimbo stood shakily, his breathing back to regular now that the pressure was odd. He liked Ashi, sure, but he wasn't sure about his feelings yet... he turned back and watched Sethor and Tali?±a leave.

[[Sarah: 128 || Sam: 147 || Yojimbo: 67]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/14/2007 4:19 PM

Ryen nodded.  "I agree.  Ashi needs to go talk to her." He said, and then said, "I'm going to... go drag my Spectrakuhna daughter out of the Arena.  She needs to do more than just research Kuhnas all day... And plus, I feel that a meeting between myself, my mother, and my father--maybe my brother and sister that live with my dad-- is in order."  With that, Ryen walked off.

Ashi nimbly walked closer to Yojimbo.  "Yojimbo?" She said quietly, sitting down a few feet away from him.  She didn't know what to say yet; she herself was still confused.

{Ryen: 100 -- Gone||Ashi: 74}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/14/2007 4:45 PM

Sam nodded as well. "I should probably leave too..." and maybe go and find out if anyone had answered her submission to KLA. If not... maybe she should go and find the one person she wanted to meet least. Yojimbo's father, Ronin. With this dark thought in her head, and her dream returning rapidly to her, she left the desert. Max could find a new war pet. Sam wasn't going to do it.

Sarah sighed quietly. She did miss Sethor's company. The Lucain was her friend, even if he wasn't very nice sometimes. Like when he wouldn't let her bring Raul. But still...

Yojimbo glanced over at the Trikuhna, blushing again. "Y-yeah?" he mumbled, looking away again. How was he supposed to explain something he didn't understand and had no experience with?

[[Sarah: 129 || Sam: 148-gone || Yojimbo: 68]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/14/2007 5:07 PM

Ashi felt her voice suddenly flee as she sighed.  Why'd you have to leave, Ryen, darn you! She thought.  "Er... ah... d-do you know why you were running?" She finally asked.  "A-and it's okay if you don't know, 'cause sometimes, you just have to admit that you don't know.  I hate telling people I don't know, but sometimes I have to." She added haltingly.

{Ashi: 75}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext