With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Kittyms » 10/16/2007 6:59 PM

"You're Purine, too?!" Cadoc snarled, his fur bristling. "I can't believe we were training with you all this time, and never knew! Elle, did you know about this?" he asked, rounding on the Tali.

"No.." she said, sadness in her eyes. "Epoh.. Striker,.. Arkadios.. Tyilin.. If it is my fate to meet any of you on the battlefield, I don't know if I will be able to fight you." Elle lowered her head, and a single tear fell down her muzzle. Why did the war have to tear them apart?

"What is that moisture dripping down Elle's snout?" Benedicto wondered aloud. Could it be that thing called "crying"? From what he knew, that was only expressed when very sad or very happy. She didn't appear to be happy, so it must be the other option.

[Elle: 19, Cadoc: 19, Elle: 19]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/16/2007 7:08 PM

Epoh felt grief claw his heart, tearing him apart. The Blood Hollowheart laid a comforting tail on Elle's shoulder, using its tip to wipe the tear from her eyes.
"Do not cry, dear one. This is not the place, nor the time, to do so. We'll make it through this yet. I promise you that. And whatever the end may be, you will always have my friendship."

Striker sighed. He didn't want to fight any of these people, but still, he knew he had to. That was war, and that was life. Blood would be shed, lives would be lost, all to the cruel greed of others...But perhaps peace would come...

Arkadios sighed. Why did life have to be so full of hard choices? Couldn't things be simple? But, of course, when would it ever be fair? Life was never fair...that was the way it was, and would always be...

Tyilin's heart clenched in pity for Elle. He couldn't do this...But what would the others think of him? He would be the laughing stock of everything...the little Serraptor, too afraid to fight...He couldn't say anything...yet...

{92--52--38--38}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Kittyms » 10/16/2007 7:29 PM

Drawing in a shuddering breath, Elle smiled weakly at Epoh. "Thanks," she said quietly. "I'll always be your friend, too." But then, before any more words could be exchanged, a cat humanoid raced over, panting frantically.

"At last, I found you Elle! We need you for the war. Cadoc, Benedicto, I'm sorry but there's been a minor reshuffling, so I'm not sure whether you'll be fighting or not. You should probably come anyway." Kitty looked around at the other pets and beamed. "Ah, making new friends I see! Imperial ones, I hope! Anyway, come on Elle, let us go."

"Bye," the Tali said sadly, regret in her eyes as she followed her owner away. Benedicto silently stooped down and allowed Kitty and Elle to climb onto his back.

"I didn't want to stay around here with you losers anyway," Cadoc yowled loudly, climbing up onto the Hollowheart's back as he straightened.

"Farewell," the Imperial Hollowheart said, and took to the air with a flap of his wings. Kitty and Elle waved goodbye from his back as they dwindled into the distance.

[Elle: 20, Cadoc: 20, Benedicto: 20 -- level up for all and they have now left :(]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/17/2007 5:16 PM

((Aww...bye bye Kitty!))

Epoh sighed, closing his eyes. Why was his life so hard? Why did things have to be so bad? It was horrible, always dark. He couldn't see, so how was he going to fight? He was worthless, absolutely stupid...

"Look," Arkadios's voice brought Epoh out of his thoughts. The Trikuhna had spotted something, that seemed to be a light white, sometimes gray, color. It looked like...a llama?

"It's a Ballama Spirit..." Tyilin murmured. The little spirit had appeared behind Epoh's tail, just at the moment when the Hollowheart was at his lowest stage of depression.

Striker's eyes widened. A Ballama Spirit? Who was it from? How had it gotten here? He narrowed his eyes, waiting for any sign of danger.

{93--53--39--39}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/17/2007 5:21 PM

Epoh narrowed his eyes. For some reason, he could tell where the little spirit was. He could feel its prescense...
"What are you?" he asked, his voice soft. A voice sounded in his head, in thought-speech, for only Epoh to hear. The little Ballama stared up into Epoh's eyes.

'I am a Ballama Spirit...but for my name, I have none...I am here for you...you need me, you need what I can give. I can see, but you cannot. But I can give you my sight. We can share my sight. Is that what you want?'

Striker stared. He was getting uncomfortable, around this little spirit, but before he could speak, Tyilin's voice sounded.

"Look, guys, I've just realized...I can't fight...Arkadios, you should take my place..."

Arkadios was speechless, but nodded, in awe. Tyilin gave a small nod, then turned, leaving Wilt'no Desert. Arkadios sighed. "I should probably go...Striker...you can stay...if you want..."

Striker narrowed his eyes, staring at Arkadios intently. "Take care of yourself. We don't want you injured before the war even begins." Arkadios grinned, then followed after Tyilin.

{94--54--40--40}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/17/2007 5:34 PM

Striker stared at the little Ballama Spirit. It was creepy...he wanted to get out of Wilt'no Desert...
"Yeah, I'm just gonna...go..." The Kamo Kuhna turned, then raced after Arkadios.

The Hollowheart paid little attention to Striker. Epoh's eyes widened. He could...see? "Do...do you mean it...really? Yes...yes, please..."
'Then close your eyes, for only a second....But I must ask for something in return...'
In thought-speech, Epoh replyed, his eyes closed. 'Anything...'

'I wish for a name, and someone to be with, until the end of my days.'

A name?! The little Ballama Spirit just wanted a name?!? Epoh sighed. What should he name it...her...yes, it seemed to be a her. But what should he name her? The thought crept into his mind, as soon as he closed his eyes.

'El'le...you will be El'le...'

And Epoh opened his eyes. And he saw tan sand, and a little Ballama Spirit staring up at him. He could...see...tears formed in his eyes, but he brushed them away with his tail tip. "Come, El'le," he murmured, and the little Ballama floated up beside his head, laying on his neck. The Hollowheart stared at her, grateful for her gift, then soared into the skies, finally ready to fight the war.

{95--55} Both have now left.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous