With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Ghostlily » 10/14/2007 10:17 AM

Striker stared back, following Elle's gaze. He could easily tell where she was going to end up, for her eyes betrayed her. The Kamo Kuhna jumped nimbly out of the Tali's way. then turned to reply to her.
"Your eyes betray you," he said, copying his own thoughts. "Try again, only this time, don't make it so easy for me to guess where you'll end up."

Epoh narrowed his eyes. What should he do? A blind Hollowheart had his limits. Epoh racked his brains, trying to come up with something, anything. The Hollowheart circled Benedicto, thinking all the while. He then crouched, a small idea popping in his head. It was only there to waste more time, so that he could think of something better. Epoh took a swipe with his wing claw at, what he guessed was, Benedicto's belly.
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Ghostlily » 10/14/2007 11:24 AM

[center]ImageImage

Arkadios---Tyilin

Before either Striker or Epoh could move another paw, wing, or claw, two new forms presented themselves over the horizon of the desert. One was taller, with black scales and an eerie green glow. The other was smaller, but also black, with specks of orange on his fur. As the pair got closer, it was easy to see what they were. The taller specimen was a Venom Serraptor, while the smaller one was a Trikuhna. But who they were remained a mystery.

Epoh stopped his attack to look up. There was a new scent on the breeze. One was Serraptor, probably Tyilin. But the other...it was new. But it was Kuhna smell, possibly Trikuhna. But what was this Trikuhna doing with Tyilin? Lily didn't own a Trikuhna!
"Look," Epoh growled to Benedicto, looking off in Tyilin's and the Trikuhna's direction.

Striker heard Epoh's words, and raised his head. The sight that appeared forced tears into his eyes. It couldn't be...could it? It wasn't possible...he was supposed to be dead...
"Arkadios?" Striker called, hoping, praying, that this name belonged to the Trikuhna, that it would be Arkadios...

{85--45---31--31}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/14/2007 4:38 PM

Arkadios perked up his ears. Could it be...? No, it wasn't possible. Or was it...?
"Striker?" the Trikuhna mewed, his voice almost a squeak, for he very much wished his words to be true. And they were.

Tyilin glanced down at Arkadios. He had met the Trikuhna on his way to Wilt'no Desert, and soon learned his story. Arkadios wanted to be in the war, to fight, but it was all up to Striker. If the Kamo Kuhna gave up his place, Arkadios could fight.

Epoh tilted his head to one side, now curious. He had heard of Arkadios, but it was said to him by Lily that the Trikuhna was likely dead. But here he was, in the flesh. His scent was abundent, and his voice filled with life. He certainly was alive and well.

Striker ran up to Arkadios, not merely giving his best friend a hello. The excited Kuhna tackled Arkadios, who was slightly startled. When Striker finally got off, he mewed breathlessly, "I can't believe it...I thought you were...dead..."

{Sorry 'bout these random posts here, but I wanted to sneak Arkadios and Tyilin in...}
{86--46--32--32}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/14/2007 5:38 PM

Sage rolled out of the whirlwind immeadiatley, and it faded quickly. Mri rolled over to him, a worried look on his face. "I hope we didn't hurt him." she said quietly. Sage just grunted. He didn't want to hurt Cadoc, but he didn't seem to understand that there are better fighters than him out there. Sage got up and walked over to Cadoc. "You okay?" he asked. "We didn't mean for you to be sucked into our little whirlwind, it was just to distract you. Sorry if we caused any damage."

[[6, 6]]
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Kittyms » 10/14/2007 6:09 PM

"You know him?" Elle asked Striker, staring at the Trikuhna. "Pardon me if I seem nosy, but how do you know each other?" She sat down, fully intending to hear this through. She would much rather hear a good story than be training.

Benedicto recoiled from Epoh's attack, then stared at the two newcomers. Clearly they were known to at least the Kamo Kuhna.

"I'm all right," the Calamikuhna grumbled angrily, brushing himself off. "No thanks to you two." He gave the two Rollabies a glare. 'I wonder if Elle will let me have a different partner?' he thought. "I'm gonna go and rest and recuperate," he growled, walking over toward where the Bleached Tali sat.

[Elle: 16, Benedicto: 16, Cadoc: 16]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/14/2007 7:24 PM

Sage and Mri exchanged glances, then chased after him. "We're really sorry!" Sage shouted. Mri copied him. He shot a glare at her again, and she stayed silent. As they neared the Calamikunha, they noticed the Hollowhearts' fighting seemed to have stopped. Then they saw the newcomers. "Well, hi!" Sage called. Mri didn't talk much until she knew them better, or if she was copying Sage. "Who are you guys?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Ghostlily » 10/15/2007 5:58 PM

Striker glanced back at Elle, hardly aware that the others even existed. This dream was just too good to be true.
"This," said Striker, "is Arkadios. I...I thought he was dead, but I was wrong...Thank heavens, I was wrong..." He gave the Trikuhna a friendly nudge.

Arkadios grinned. "Got stuck in Aldrect," he mewed. "Long story. I'll tell it later, 'kay?" He was still his old self, tricky, witty, crafty, everything that made a Trikuhna different from every other Kuhna.

Epoh rolled his eyes. He wasn't fond of such tricksters. He preferred more serious people, intelligent people. The Trikuhna was just here to screw around, it seemed. He was mess up their war training...
"Tyilin?" the Hollowheart asked, referring to the Serraptor.

"Yes, it is me," Tyilin replied. "I met Arkadios on they way here, and...yeah. I guess he'll tell the full story." Tyilin wasn't in the mood to talk. He wanted to start fight, at least for practice.

{87--47--33--33}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/15/2007 6:20 PM

"Oh, please do tell!" Elle cried, perking her ears up in interest. But just then Cadoc padded over, complaining as usual.

"Elle, can I please be partnered with someone else?" he yowled.

"What, those two Rollabies play too rough for you?" she teased, then said, "Wait until after Arkadios tells his story." She turned to the Trikuhna, only making Cadoc more irritated than before. His tails swishing angrily, he plopped himself down on the sand and glared at Arkadios.

Curiosity caused Benedicto to stop focusing on training with Epoh in order to listen in on the story. This seemed like it would be an interesting tale. Perhaps afterward they could continue their fight.

[Elle: 17, Cadoc: 17, Benedicto: 17]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/16/2007 4:39 PM

Epoh rolled his eyes. What had happened to the training they were supposed to do? Got flushed down the drain with the arrival of this newcomer...
But Epoh sat down next to Elle, calmly waiting for Arkadios to tell his story.

Tyilin sighed. He had already heard this story once, and wasn't in a mood to hear it again. But, still, he settled himself down, close to the group, yet still keeping his space. There were decisions that had to be made here, of who was going to fight and who wasn't...Arkadios wanted badly to fight, but would any of the others give up their place? What of himself? Tyilin wanted to fight!

Striker, eyes bright with curiousity, sat down near his old friend. What sort of story would the Trikuhna tell? And what was he doing here when the war was about to start? Each side was already opening up places where people could sign up, to fight...

Arkadios let his thoughts rush through him. He better tell this story quickly, he knew, for else time would run out.
"Well, I'll give the reader's digest version, since that'll make things easier. Me and Striker come from the same place. We're almost like brothers. And we met up with our human, Lily, when she was younger. And, well, I kind of got lost, you see. The group was split up. Striker here was still with Lily, but me, and another of our trio were lost. No, Striker, I don't know where she went or where she is now. Only the stars know..." Arkadios's eyes softened at this point, but he continued his story. "I got caught up in Aldrect, so I stayed there for a while. 'Bout seven years...something like that. I kind of...got into the habit of stealing things. I know it's wrong, but I needed some way to survive, and I couldn't find a job so...yeah. And then I ran away from Aldrect because of Leoko. He said he lives with you...us...whatever. So I came here to train for the war, blah, blah, blah, you get the point."

{88--48--34--34

How long do you want to make this last? 'Cause I don't want to be late for registration...}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/16/2007 4:59 PM

As Sage and Mri finished listening to the story, a familar face ran up to them. "Marie!" both Rollabies said in surprise. The girl came up to them. "Hey, sorry to take you from your friends, but the war signups are starting, and we want you two to come and help. We're trying to find a partner for you guys. So, time to go home."

Sage sighed, and Mri started to complain. "But we were just starting to make friends!" she said, but Marie wouldn't hear it. "I need to sign you two up for the Purine side. We have to move quickly." But Mri rolled away, cloer to the group. "No! I want to stay a bit longer."

[[8,8]]

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Ghostlily » 10/16/2007 5:05 PM

Epoh's eyes widened. So Arkadios had known Lily, from long ago...What had she been like then? How old? And what had happened to her, to make her the older, more mature Lily that existed today? Epoh wanted to ask, but decided better of it. It wasn't worth getting into trouble over a little question.

Tyilin sighed. He had gotten a slightly longer version of the story, so he was glad that this was short. Any longer, and he might have killed himself out of boredom. His tail swished through the sand, picking it up into the wind that blew it far away.

Striker sighed. What had become of the other, the one that he had known for so long, but had just...vanished? These questions were for another time though, for after the war...for when there was peace...
"I am glad you are back," Striker said softly, staring at the sand that his paws rested on. If only she were here now...

"I know what you're thinking, but it's too late now," Arkadios murmured to his friend. Then, in silent Thought-Speech, to Striker he said, "She is alive. I am sure of it. We broke up somewhere near the border of Barakka and Lambastia. She knew how to take care of herself...she'll survive..."
"Now," Arkadios said, out loud. "I want to fight in the war, but I guess since there's already three of you going off to get yourselves killed, I probably won't be able to..."

{89--49--35--35}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/16/2007 5:27 PM

Mri listened to what they were saying. "Well, I hope you guys have fun training. We have barely any experience, yet she takes us away." Mri said angrily. Before she could run, Marie grabbed her by the tail and got her up into her arms. "You're coming home. NOW." Marie said sternly, despite both Rollabies pleads. Sage was a bit more obeident, just because he didn't want to be held by Marie, and she had Mri, and he wasn't good without her.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Ghostlily » 10/16/2007 5:27 PM

Epoh merely glanced at the Rollabies...perhaps they weren't extremely strong, but anyone and everyone was needed for this battle. If not, Barakka could be lost to the Imperials. The Purine way of life would be lost...everything, gone...
"May luck go with you," Epoh murmured to the Rollabies.

Tyilin gazed over at Mri and Sage. So they were Purine too, were they? Good. They couldn't let those Imperial pigs take over Barakka. Greedy scoundrels...all they wanted was treasure, all for themselves. Well they'd see what would be there to stop them, and oh, would they think of the mistake they had made then!

Striker sighed, feeling slightly comforted. Arkadios was right...she could still be alive...
"Well," Striker began, referring to Arkadios's plea to join the fight. "I don't know...I know Epoh can't give up his spot. He's too strong to do that...and I really want to fight. I know that sounds childish, but, still...I don't know about Tyilin, though.."

Arkadios shrugged. "Fine then. It doesn't matter...that much..." But the Trikuha, truthfully, wanted to fight...for everything...

{90--50--36--36}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/16/2007 6:36 PM

(Hmm.. as soon as I finish the five posts, I'll probably end this roleplay so my own pets can go sign up. ^^)

"Well, there go my partners," Cadoc remarked happily, watching as the two Rollabies were carried away. "And they went to go join those weaklings, the Purines." He snorted disdainfully. "Only Imperials are worth joining."

"Sure.. I guess," Elle said, not really sure that she was ready to fight anyway. Or that she wanted to. "So.. you guys have to go soon, too?" she asked. "What side are you joining by the way? Kitty's having us join Imperial."

Despite his Imperial color, Benedicto showed no emotion as the Rollabies were taken off to join the Purine army. He did not really care. The only thing he was looking forward to was the killing and bloodshed of the war.

[Elle: 18, Cadoc: 18, Benedicto: 18]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/16/2007 6:53 PM

Epoh narrowed his eyes. He had hoped that it wouldn't come to this.
"We are Purine," Epoh murmured, closing his sightless eyes. "Look, Elle, I don't want to fight you...but I will, if I must. But you must know, it will not be out of hatred or love of war..."

Striker's eyes narrowed. They had been training with Imperialists the entire time! No, it couldn't be...they were nice, kind, respectful. Except for Cadoc. He could go and get himself killed, for all Striker cared. He glanced at Arkadios, thinking over how they would fix this problem.

Tyilin sighed. What knew problems would arise, besides the ones that had already been created? If only life could be easier...if only an answer could present itself without trouble or fighting. "I only wish this war could already be over..." Tyilin murmured to himself.

Arkadios glared at the Imperialists. "Imperial?"" he snorted. "What's wrong with you people? You want the Purine way of life to be totally destroyed, forever?" Arkadios wouldn't let these people be destroyed, not over stupid treasures...

{91--51--37--37}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext