With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:25 PM

While eating, Senervel discussed about the war business. "So, it's been decided? We're fighting for the Purines?" he asked the Khimera, who had been transmitted most of the information.

Sandford nodded. "Apparently, yeah. Ken wants to be with the peaceful guy. She doesn't want to be stuck with the Imperials," he explained, chewing on another bite.

Marble's ears tweaked shortly. "I'm kind of glad, actually," he meowed to the two other pets. "Imperials are too aggressive and sure of themselves for me," he admitted. "I prefer nice, calm guys like the Purine."

[Senervel: 141, Marble: 83, Sandford: 51]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:28 PM

"But the Purine are in a disadvantage as of now," Senervel remarked. "Most people are joining the Imperials because strong fighters are joining them."

"Bah. Don't forget all of 'em are snobbish guys who only want power and more power," Sandford meowed, biting in his prey.

"Look who's talking," the Lucain retorted, rolling his eyes. Wasn't Sandford the one who had been trying to take over the Lands a few months ago?

"Either way," Marble interrupted. "What do you guys think? If it were for you, would you join the Imperials or the Purine? As for my own answer, I'd join the Purine. I don't care about winning or losing."

[Senervel: 142, Marble: 84, Sandford: 52]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:32 PM

Senervel thought for a moment. He flicked his tails in a thoughtful manner, unsure of his answer. "Win-wise, I'd join the Imperials. But I don't like the kind of people they are, so I'd rather go with the Purine, only for my peace of mind," he explained, debating his point of view.

"Bah. I suppose I'd go with the Imperials for more and more killing, but I suppose those guys aren't exactly the kind of people I can tolerate," he commented, flicking his tails. "To be honest, I would just slash at my own allies for being so manipulative and boss-like," he meowed, swallowing another bite. "So I suppose I'd go with the Purine. The guys are all sweet and understanding. Lets you breathe."

Marble nodded. "So, you two don't mind not fighting with the... 'evil' ones?"

"No," both replied together.

[Senervel: 143, Marble: 85 -- Level Up, Sandford: 53]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:37 PM

"Besides, I suppose nothing very much important is going to happen in the war," Senervel said, licking his lips. "Even if we die, I don't think the Gods would let us die forever."

Sandford bursted out laughing. "Ha! Dying? What are you saying, idiot? We won't be dying any time soon. We're serial killers; skilled ones at that." He laughed again. "Hah, dying... now that was a good joke."

"You're such an Imperialist," Senervel replied, sticking his tongue out at the Khimera.

Marble sighed, but smiled lightly at the two arguing like children. It would be amusing, some relaxing matter before the war...

[Senervel: 144, Marble: 86, Sandford: 54]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:42 PM

"Pft. I'm still better than 'em," Sandford said, smirking. "And we're gonna prove that to 'em during the war!" he said, flicking his tails in determination.

Senervel rolled his eyes mockingly. "Hah. I suppose so," the Lucain said, stretching. "Come on; we can't just stand here talking; we have to train," he said, getting up.

Marble swallowed the last piece of his prey, getting up afterwards. "True, true," he meowed while licking his lips. "We won't be getting any stronger than the Imperialists if we just stand here doing nothing," he teased.

[Senervel: 145 -- Level up, Marble: 87, Sandford: 55 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 8:25 AM

Sandford's ears tweaked. "Oh, yeah. By the way..." He whistled loudly. "Ballama!"

The small Ballama spirit appeared, carrying a small letter, that seemed well-informed. It floated over to Senervel, dropping the letter in front of him.

"Good," Sandford said, not exactly praising. "Never thought you could be useful," he retorted to the small spirit.

The Ballama nodded weakly but said nothing.

"You shouldn't be so hard on him," Marble scolded, walking over to the spirit. "It doesn't even have a name yet, even?"

"Look," Sandford started, "do I look like someone who has time to name a floating ghost? No."

Marble sighed. "Let's think of one, then," he proposed, and he started thinking of a good name for the spirit.

"Look, Kuhna, we're not here for this!" the Khimera complained.

Meanwhile, Senervel was exploring the letter carefully...

[Senervel: 146, Marble: 88, Sandford: 56]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 8:30 AM

"Hmm... let's see..." Marble observed the Ballama spirit carefully. "You're blue, small, ghostly, floaty..."

"Weak, useless, annoying..." Sandford added, and was rewarded with a glare from the Berry Kuhna.

"I see... So these are the factions, and we must choose one of them for the war?"

"Precisely," Sandford confirmed. "Ken said we should join the Wielders; and if need be, that you and the Berry boy could fight."

"Sounds like a plan."

[Senervel: 147, Marble: 89, Sandford: 57]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 8:33 AM

Whlie Senervel and Sandford were looking around the factions, Marble was still trying to think of a name. "Hmm... a cute name for you..." he mumbled while looking at the Ballama, who was wondering why it was getting so much attention.

"I'm still wondering why she doesn't want us to be Riders," Sandford complained. "We were born to fight and kill! We would have been perfect for this kind of faction."

"Sandford, she's probably just worried about us," Senervel commented. "Don't forget that we -can- die in this war, no matter what you may think of your skills."

The Khimera grunted, but said nothing else.

[Senervel: 148, Marble: 90 -- Level Up, Sandford: 58]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 8:37 AM

"So, the Wielders it is," Senervel concluded, putting the letter aside. "Any objections to that?" he demanded the two other pets, both seeming occupied by... whatever.

"I am, but I won't," Sandford said, setting his head on his paws, the Ballama coming to float nearby. Upon this move, the Khimera slashed at the spirit with his tails. "Back-off!" he growled at the Ballama, who simply squealed in fear, backing off.

"Hey, it didn't do a thing ot you!" Marble hissed. "Why are you so disagreeable to it?"

"Cause it's annoying," the Khimera simply replied.

"Enough already," Senervel stopped. "We're not here to learn how to fight against one another, but how to fight together," he reminded the two allies. "And Sandford; that spirit could be useful for you. Cherish it," the Lucain adviced.

The Khimera only grunted.

[Senervel: 149, Marble: 91, Sandford: 59]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 8:40 AM

"He's right," Marble said, sighing. "Right about the teamwork, and about the Ballama," he cleared. "We don't know the extent of powers this little spirit has," the Kuhna reminded.

"Well, it didn't do much of a thing up till now," Sandford countered.

"Then, let's teach it how to defend you," Senervel proposed. "This will make us remember the basics either way, and it's always better to remember them."

Marble nodded in agreement, the Ballama blinked in surprise, and Sandford nodded weakly, without saying anything.

[Senervel: 150 -- Level Up, Marble: 92, Sandford: 60 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 1:25 PM

"Father! Father!" a voice shouted from behind.

Senervel looked over his shoulders. "Who is it?" he asked, his ears pricked. At first he had thought maybe Sigurd had given birth, but it seemed too soon...

But then, there was Marble, standing there, his eyes wide open, his mouth doing the same.

[center]Image
Name Unknown, Pearberry Kuhna

A fully grown Pearberry Kuhna was running towards the group. He seemed awfully tired from his long run, but his legs kept on carrying him forward. "Father! Father!" the boy would shout desperately, running towards the three pets before eventually tripping over the sandy floor.

Marble rushed over to the poor Kuhna quickly, followed by Senervel, along with Sandford who gradually started walking towards said Kuhna.

"Who..." Marble grabbed the scruff of the baby Kuhna carefully, helping him up. "Who are you...?" the Berry Kuhna asked.

"It's... It's me, father!" the Pearberry Kuhna answered. "Your son!"

"Son?" the Lucain and Khimera said in unison, turning to Marble in confusion. Marble had a son?

[Senervel: 151, Marble: 93, Sandford: 61, Pearberry: 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 1:28 PM

"You... you were the Pearberry baby who went with Arabella, aren't you?" Marble asked, remembering how his Citrus and Pearberry kits had stayed with their mother, but how the two had eventually been traded away, and so had the two babies who had been brought back with him.

The Pearberry Kuhna nodded. "Yes. I was traded for a little kit," he explained. "Your... Our breeder chose me knowing I were your son," the boy said, rubbing against his father, purring.

Marble licked his son's head gently. "I'm so glad..."

"You know we're here to train?" Sandford commented, interrupting the nice reunion. "Not to reunite with lost family members."

"Oh, give him a break, Sandford," Senervel said, walking over to the two Kuhnas. "This is a father reuniting with his child; it's a whole different matter whatsoever."

Sandford shrugged.

[Senervel: 152, Marble: 94, Sandford: 62, Pearberry: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 1:31 PM

"What are you doing here?" Marble asked, licking his son's cheek.

"Ken told me where you were," the Pearberry Kuhna said. "And... I wanted to learn..."

"Learn what?" Marble asked.

"I... want to learn how to fight!" he blurted out.

Senervel's ears pricked. "Oh? Then you've come right on time," the Lucain said. "Let's teach this boy how to fight. It will train us and sharpen our skills before the war."

"Ooh. Finally a good idea from you," Sandford commented, grinning. "I'm in for it."

Marble looked at his son, who seemed willing to go with this plan as well. "Alright... Let's do that."

[Senervel: 153, Marble: 95 -- Level Up, Sandford: 63, Pearberry: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 4:45 PM

The Pearberry boy smiled, his chest puffing up excitedly. "You're going to teach me?" he asked, his eyes sparkling. "For real?"

Marble chuckled and licked his son's head. "Yes, we will. We are all entering the war, so this will teach us the basics once more, than we can finally head off to sign in once we find our skills to be ready."

"Now, let's get on with this," Senervel urged, asking for the Kuhna boy to come closer.

The Pearberry son obeyed and walked over to the Lucain, wondering what was going to happen now.

"Go easy on the kid," Sandford said, laying down and putting a paw over his other one. "He's just... well, a kid," he reminded the Lucain.

Senervel glanced at his brother. "I can see ever so slightly well, thank you," he retorted irritably, Sandford chuckling quietly in the background.

[Senervel: 154, Marble: 96, Sandford: 64, Pearberry: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:00 PM

"First comes the basics of attacking," Senervel started with. "Attack with either your paws, hind paws, head or teeth. Using those basics, develop your own moves and tactics for battle," the Lucain taught. "Now... how about you fight against your father to learn in an actual situation?"

The Pearberry Kuhna gasped. "Against my dad? For real?" His first ever fight -- even if it wasn't really a real one -- would be against his father! Wow!

Marble laughed. "Much spirit?" he teased, walking over to his son. "Let's try this out, then."

"Try not to beat your kid, now," Sandford commented, a big grin on his face. "It's a bad thing to do," he told the Kuhna father, mostly teasingly.

Marble grinned back. "Well, at least I'm interesting enough to have kits," he countered to the Khimera.

"Yeah? I would have 'em if I actually had a girlfriend in the first place," Sandford replied, sticking his tongue out.

The Pearberry Kuhna laughed in amusement.

[Senervel: 155 -- Level Up, Marble: 97, Sandford: 65 -- Level Up, Pearberry: 5 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext