With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 4:04 PM

Sigurd looked up at Senervel, frowning. "What are you looking at?" she asked rather rudely.

Senervel blinked and walked away from the DesertRunner and Jacket Fox female. "At you, what else?" he replied, walking away and back to Herakleides and Sandford.

Sandford sat down on his haunches, spreading his tails around him. "Hmph, it's getting dark already..." he remarked, looking up at the sky that now of an orange and red color, stars carefully starting to show their nose.

Herakleides turned to Senervel and Sandford. "Maybe we could have a fire and something to eat?" he said, looking around. "I can hunt the prey while it is still slightly clear into the sky," he said, spreading his wings.

Senervel nodded. "Alright. I'll go and look for anything that looks like wood, although I doubt much is going to be found in a desert..." He shrugged and then headed off to find wood materials, while Sandford and Sigurd remained together, waiting...

[Sandford: 39, Sigurd: 16, Senervel: 115 -- Level Up, Herakleides: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 4:56 PM

It took a while before Herakleides and Senervel were to be seen back to the 'camp'. Kleides had captured quite a lot of prey, and Senervel had managed to find enough wood to make a fire.

"Took you long enough," Sandford complained, his body resting on the sand, one paw over the other.

Senervel resisted the urge of throwing the wood pieces at the Khimera. "Go out and about, trying to get wood in the desert, and then we'll talk about it," he countered, setting the wood down.

Herakleides settled the long chains of prey down. He had been tricky; he tied the tails with the paws together so it would create chains, and he could therefore carry more at once. He had about three chains, each one tying about four to five pets together. Surely that would be enough for now.

The four travelers lied down around the ignited wood, nighttime around by now. A few prey were cooking above the fire, the warmth only to make the meat even more tender.

[Sandford: 40 -- Level Up, Sigurd: 17, Senervel: 116, Herakleides: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 5:34 PM

Now that they were all set, Sandford asked, "Now. Can you tell us who the heck you are?" to the Imperial Hollowheart, who was taking care of their meal.

Kleides looked up. "Oh... Of course. My name is known to be Herakleides, the Imperial Hollowheart," he introduced, bowing politely. "I am one who lives in the desert of Wilt'no."

"What's up with your height?" Sandford asked right after his first question had been answered.

"Ah... I figured one of you would ask about this," he replied, sitting down on the sand. "The monster you fought earlier was one of the pets that were genetically modified by humans in laboratories," he told. "Some of them were killed, some of them escaped; out of those who ran away, there was a Fenling -- the one we just killed --, a Fellox, a Carpetfang and finally a Hollowheart, just like me."

Senervel curled his forepaws under his chest fur comfortably, but mostly because it was getting cold by now. "And how does that answer his question?"

Kleides turned to Senervel. "I am heading towards this," he told the male Lucain. "I once was part of a group of pets that had been sent to capture, and if need be, kill the runaway guinea-pigs. We encountered the Hollowheart boss first, and it cost us. He left scars upon my body, snatched my eye, and cursed me to be as small as a normal human," he told, spreading his wings and opening his eyes wide so they could see his scars of the past. "And what is yet worse, this curse cannot be broken, even if the caster is defeated from this world." He shook his head, sighing sadly.

Sigurd stepped in, once Kleides was done speaking. "And so... why are these pets causing so much trouble everywhere?"

Kleides looked up and turned to Sigurd, his eyes turning into anxious gems. "They wished to get rid of the humans."

[Sandford: 41, Sigurd: 18, Senervel: 117, Herakleides: 8]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 8:04 PM

All three gasped in astonishment at the blunt response of the Hollowheart. "They want to get rid of the humans?" Sigurd echoed, unable to believe such a thing. "But why? Weren't their mutation... useful for them?"

Kleides shook his head. "Not at all. Not only were the experiments hurtful for the body and mind, but the mutation would completely change their appearance and size. They would go mad..."

"Then, we gotta kill them, is that the only way?" Sandford asked, licking his lips, as if he was starting to taste the sweet taste of blood.

"If that's the only way, then we'll settle for this," Senervel agreed, putting a paw over his other one. "Will you help us?" he asked the Imperial Hollowheart, tilting his head.

Kleides looked at the Warrior Lucain, hesitating shortly. "If you would accept, I would gladly help," he promised.

[Sandford: 42, Sigurd: 19, Senervel: 118, Herakleides: 9]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/15/2007 9:35 PM

Senervel nodded. "Alright, then. Let's all head for..."

"Senervel! And the others! Wait!" a cry shouted from afar.

[center]ImageImage

Marble came running towards the four pets, Isak closely following behind the Berry Kuhna. At least, he would have the chance to train...

"Senervel," Marble started, stopping near the male Lucain. "The... war it's been announced."

Senervel blinked. "The war? What? Already?" Gah, he hadn't imagined it was going to appear so quickly...

Isak nodded. "Yes, it was announced only a few hours ago. But we still have one week to train," he said, trying to put some light feeling to the air.

Kleides turned to the two Kuhnas. "The war between the Purines and the Imperials, isn't it?" he said, narrowing his eyes. "It was to happen eventually..."

Sandford shrugged. "Bah. Alright, then." He got up, walking over to Sigurd. "I'll go back home, while you guys train. This isn't the kind of war I'm interested in, anyway." And with that, he took his leave...

Sigurd nodded. "I agree with... him." She got up, starting to walk off. "Good luck, you four. Remember one of you will have to stay behind. And then, she was gone...

[Sandford: 43, Sigurd: 20 -- Level Up, Both Have Left, Senervel: 118, Herakleides: 10 -- Level Up, Marble: 72, Isak: 27]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/15/2007 9:42 PM

"We have to train as much as we can before registrations close," Marble meowed, looking rather on edge.

Senervel's tails flicked. "Well, who will be entering? Three pets, isn't it? Has Ken chosen them?" the Lucain asked the Berry Kuhna.

"Apparently, the two of us are to go, since we're the most experienced," Marble replied, pointing both Senervel and himself. "And..."

"I shall fight as the third pet," Isak spoke, walking up towards Senervel. "And I have my own reasons. I'm not going to turn back," he meowed with determination.

Senervel nodded agreement and turning to Herakleides, he added, "I'm sorry, but apparently we'll have to report our monster hunt..."

"It's very much all right," the Hollowheart replied. "I shall head home and tell our breeder of the matter at hand," Kleides said, spreading his wings. "Luck you, and may the Gods bless you," he prayed before taking off.

[Senervel: 119, Marble: 73, Isak: 28, Herakleides: 11 -- Has Left]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/15/2007 9:49 PM

Senervel nodded his thanks to the Hollowheart, then turned to the Kuhnas. "How much time do we have left to get prepared?" he asked Marble, who seemed to have gathered information before coming.

"About a week," he meowed, flicking his tails anxiously. "They said around one to two weeks, but Ken doesn't want us to overdo it or to miss the registration... so she gave us until Sunday."

Isak licked his paws, which were sore from all the running. "We'll have to train extremely hard, to make sure we've mastered our skills enough," he meowed between licks, his warm tongue soothing the ache. But he couldn't let that affect his abilities now...

[Senervel: 120 -- Level Up, Marble: 74, Isak: 29]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/15/2007 10:24 PM

Senervel nodded. "Alright. So we're the ones who are to represent our Penmates, so let's make sure we're more than ready to fight before going to register for the war," he told the two Kuhnas, awaiting for their replies.

Marble and Isak nodded in agreement. "Of course," they both meowed in unison, more than ready to start training like never before.

"Maybe we could start with stamina first?" the Calamikuhna proposed, getting up.

Marble nodded in agreement. "Running around a little, as a warm-up maybe?"

Senervel nodded. "Sounds fine. Let's go."

[Senervel: 121, Marble: 75 -- Level Up, Isak: 30 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 3:55 PM

The three pets were going to head off as the Calamikuhna tripped over his own paw, whining. "G-gah..." he mumbled as he sat up and licked his paw. The pain was getting worse...

Marble turned around and headed towards Isak quickly. "What's wrong? Is it your paw?" he asked, looking at it. He then noticed it was slightly bleeding, most likely from his heavy walk to Wilt'no. "Isak... like this, you won't be able to train," Marble told him, but the Calami wouldn't accept that.

"No...! I have to train for the war! I have to..."

"Oh, quit it, kid," a voice came from nearby. "Change of plans, in the end."

[center]Image

Sandford had apparently came back, a letter in his mouth. He settled it in front of Senervel and turning back to Isak, he added, "Narills gave birth; to five kits, even. The girl needs you badly."

Isak gasped, his eyes shoting out. "Already!?" Getting up and ignoring the pain, he rushed away at the speed of light.

The letter now read, Senervel looked up at Sandford. "Now these are many changes. And at the last minute as well," he remarked to Sandford, narrowing his eyes. "Why are you staying here?"

"Didn't you read?" he retorded rudely, licking his side. "Since the kid needs to be near his girl, Ken decided that I'd be the one to fight beside you and the Berry kid," he said, flicking one of his tails towards Marble.

[Senervel: 134 -- Level Up x2 due to breeding, Marble: 76, Isak: 31 -- Has Left, Sandford: 44]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 4:01 PM

Senervel sighed. "Alright. Are these going to last as they are?" he grunted. "The war has already started, we have no time to waste," he remarked, sighing again.

"Relax, Slit," Sandford called, licking his paws. "After all, there's still some time left. No need to worry so much," he meowed, laying down on his side comfortably.

Marble tilted his head questioningly. "How are you going to train if you just lie around like this?" he asked the Khimera.

"I just ran from here to home and from home to here," the Khimera replied angrily. "Give me five minutes to catch my breath, that's it."

[Senervel: 135 -- Level Up, Marble: 77, Sandford: 45 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 4:06 PM

Senervel rolled his eyes. "Alright, then. We thought about starting with stamina. Let's all run around the desert for maybe five to ten minutes, and then come back here for some skill training, as well as stalking," Senervel instructed, looking over at Marble and Sandford for an agreement. Marble nodded while Sandford yawned. The Lucain supposed it was a yes. "Let's head off."

He ran off towards one direction, while Marble headed for another. Sandford remained on his side for a short period of time before getting up, shake the sand away from his pelt, and then running off in a third direction.

[Senervel: 136, Marble: 78, Sandford: 46]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 4:14 PM

After about five or ten minutes, the three pets came back, as planned before they had left.

Senervel was still very much in shape, not panting at all. Being a Shadebane Lucain, his stealth was high. Marble, being used to carrying messages all around, had developed a high stamina as well. Sandford came back after about twelve minutes, mostly because he had left after the two other pets. But he was as healthy as they were, despite his heavy metal pieces.

"Let's practice our stalking methods," Senervel instructed next, spotting a desert rabbit nearby. Careully aiming towards it, he stalked the animal without a sound. This, too, was thanks to his Shadebane marking.

Sandford watched while licking his pelt, and Marble observed Senervel's technique carefully.

[Senervel: 137, Marble: 79, Sandford: 47]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:04 PM

Senervel approached the rabbit slowly but carefully, his paws sinking lightly into the sand without a sound. And then, once he was close enough to the prey, he leaped, and the rabbit was hanging in his jaws, lifeless.

"Good job," Marble praised, tails shifting slightly. "My turn, now," he meowed, getting up and heading off a few ways away from a prey.

"What are you going...?" Senervel asked, narrowing his eyes in interest, but mostly because he didn't understand what the Kuhna was going to do.

"Just watch, loudmouth," Sandford meowed, looking over at Marble, ignoring Senervel's bad-tempered 'hmph'.

[Senervel: 138, Marble: 80 -- Level Up, Sandford: 48]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:12 PM

Marble observed his surroundings, printing the scenery in his mind carefully. He then started digging into the sand, until his white and berry-purple figure had completely disappeared from sight.

A short while after, Marble surfaced again, the Kuhna appearing behind the prey and snapping his jaws against its neck, breaking it and instantly killing his game. That done, he walked back to the two pets that were waiting.

Senervel nodded. "Rather sneaky, but excellent nonetheless," he praised, glancing at Sandford. "Your turn."

Sandford shrugged lightly, getting up and calmly walking around to search for a piece of food to catch.

[Senervel: 139, Marble: 81, Sandford: 49]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/16/2007 5:18 PM

Sandford looked around, trying to catch a small animal running about sweetly for him to capture. Finally, he spotted a small bird hovering around. Now, he observed his surroundings. There was a small hill of sand nearby. Excellent; he could use it to jump and catch the bird.

He walked towards the hill, looking up once he had climbed it. Lowering his rear and preparing himself to jump, he bounced in the air, high enough to grasp the bird's neck in-between his powerful jaws. He then fell back down, landing on his four paws nicely and walking back towards Senervel and Marble.

Senervel had started eating his share, saying nothing as Sandford came back. He wasn't very interested in him, anyway.

Marble had started eating as well, but praised Sandford as the Khimera came walking back. "Good one," he meowed, swallowing a bite from his prey.

Sandford shrugged and started eating as well.

[Senervel: 140 -- Level up, Marble: 82, Sandford: 50 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext