With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:06 PM

"Alright, let's go," Marble called, getting ready to start. "Always keep your eyes on your opponent; it's important, so you don't get hit from the side or behind," Marble taught, charging at the Pearberry.

The male awaited his father's arrival before swiftly evading to the right. Although he himself didn't know how to fight, he had often seen the special pets at the other Pen do so, remembering a few techniques. "Here I come!" the boy shouted, running towards his father.

Hearing the Kuhna come, the Berry breed easily evaded his son, turning around and pinning him down afterwards. "Don't be so noisy," Marble advised, "or else they'll hear you and know where you're attacking from."

"Alright..."

Senervel was now sitting beside Sandford, watching the son and father fight.

Sandford glanced up at his younger brother, tails flicking lightly. "How's Sigurd doin'?" he asked, although he didn't seem particularly concerned.

Senervel seemed surprised at his question. "She's fine... Why?" Did he want to know so he could attack them while they were in a defenseless state?

[Senervel: 156, Marble: 98, Sandford: 66, Pearberry: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:10 PM

"Let's try again... and I'll do better!" the son said, getting back up, facing his father.

"Haha, alright alright. Let's try again," Marble agreed, getting ready for the attack of the Pearberry.

The boy circled his father, observing him carefully. And then, while behind him, the Kuhna jumped, but not to aim at his father from behind, but to land in front of him to then tackle him. The attack succeeded, and the Berry Kuhna stumbled back, surprised, but also glad. "Good one," he praised.

"Just asking," Sandford replied, setting his head on his paws. "You're lucky. To still have your mate..." the Khimera said, for a moment, the Lucain thought he had heard a sigh coming from the metal-covered beast...

"I see... I'm glad, as well," he simply replied, keeping it at that.

[Senervel: 157, Marble: 99, Sandford: 67, Pearberry: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:15 PM

Marble then suddenly stopped. "Oh... Oh, what's your name?" he asked his son, realizing he hadn't asked him his name yet.

The Pearberry Kuhna stopped as well, looking down at his paws. "Well... I don't have any yet..." he admitted, feeling slightly selfless.

"We'll think of one, then," Marble said, licking his son's cheek.

"... Senervel. Tell me, honestly..." Sandford was now glancing at Senervel, his eyes serious and yet awfully crestfallen. "Tell me... who killed Sigurd's younger sister."

"Sigurd's sister?" Senervel echoed, blinking at his question, but fearing his reaction as well. Sigurd's sister... the female and him had murdered the younger girl in the past, when they were still partners. But... why was Sandford asking about this? "Why... do you wish to know?" He would at least like to be aware of his reasons for asking.

[Senervel: 158, Marble: 100 -- Level Up, Sandford: 68, Pearberry: 8]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:33 PM

"Hmm... a small and cute, yet strong and sweet name for you..." Marble thought, observing his son and wondering for a moment. "Oh! How about Cody?" he proposed to the Pearberry Kuhna, who was waiting for a name.

He smiled. "I like it," he meowed, rubbing against his dad lovingly. So from now on, he would have to be known as Cody.

"Nothing in particular. I'm just wondering why. The girl was defenseless enough as it, I don't see why anyone would have wanted to murder her," the Khimera explained, and seemed to be taking this story to heart.

Senervel nodded weakly. "I see..." Now what was he going to do? Sandford was most likely angry to hear that he was the one who had killed Sigurd's sister. Should he lie or tell the truth?

[Senervel: 159, Marble: 101, Sandford: 69, Cody: 9]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:42 PM

"Now, Cody," Marble said, turning back to walk a few ways away from his son so they could resume their battle. "Let's return to our battle."

Cody nodded excitedly. "Yes!" And without warning, tackled marble, making the Berry Kuhna topple over.

"Well?" Sandford asked, still waiting for a reply from Senervel. He knew he had something to do with this... he knew Sigurd had been the one behind it, but he couldn't prove Senervel had, as well... he needed proof. Proof to finally have the last piece to have the right to attack his brother.

Senervel hesitated. "Well... I heard Sigurd's the one who thought about it," he replied at first, aiming to tell a twisted truth. "I heard she had an accomplice, but I don't know who it was."

Sandford narrowed his eyes. He knew he was lying, but his lie made sense... as of yet.

[Senervel: 160 -- Level Up, Marble: 102, Sandford: 70 -- Level up, Cody: 10 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:51 PM

Marble gasped as he was thrown away by his son. He quickly regained his balance, looking over at Cody. "Not bad, not bad," he commented, charging at his son and tackling the Pearberry boy away.

Cody squealed as he was hit, rolling away for a small while.

"Who was that accomplice?" Sandford asked. "Did she have friends other than you?" the Khimera asked, wondering what he would reply to this.

Senervel's ears twitched. Darn, he had probably noticed he was trying to lie... if Sandford would learn of it, he would most likely go for his head right away. "I don't know everything about Sigurd's life," he told the Khimera. "Whether she had other friends or not didn't concern me."

[Senervel: 161, Marble: 103, Sandford: 71, Cody: 11]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 5:58 PM

Cody quickly got back up after getting tackled, ready to charge again. But then he figured his father must have realized his tactic by now. He would have to use something else. He looked around quickly, trying to figure out a move or something of the like. He spotted a few cacti, hills of sand... what could he use in the desert to attack? Wait, the sand...

He turned around, his back facing his father. He then started digging, spreading large amounts of sand at his father.

Marble coughed heavily as the sand hit his face. "Ack..." he covered his muzzle and tried to turn around so not to receive sand in his eyes, but soon enough he found himself getting tackled once more.

Sandford narrowed his eyes. Alright, Senervel had to be good at lying to be a criminal, but still. So was he... "Are you sure?" he asked again, his eyes changing. "I can't make out the idea that someone would hurt her..." he said, looking down.

Senervel bit his lip. Looking at Sandford like this, he almost felt sympathy for him. Sighing, he said, "Sandford... I killed Sigurd's sister. Along with her, that time..."

And so, the truth was out...

[Senervel: 162, Marble: 104, Sandford: 72, Cody: 12]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:06 PM

Marble shook his head. His eyes were itching, and he was still slightly dizzy from the tackle. Sheesh, his son was learning much too quickly for him. He rubbed his eyes gently, carefully taking out the sand away.

"Dad! Are you okay?" Cody asked, now regretting what he had done.

"It's alright," Marble told him. "Listen, Cody. In battle, there is no emotion; you must fight to survive. You can't afford to feel feelings during a battle; but you can't afford to attack an enemy cowardly, either."

Cody nodded to his father's proud words.

Sandford stared at Senervel for a short while before grinning in rage. "So... it truly was you, wasn't it?" he asked quietly out of anger. "It was... you!"

The Khimera lunged at the Lucain, tackling the Warrior and pinning him down. He was now smirking somewhat madly. "Now I have proof that what you did was indeed committed by you and no one else!"

Senervel growled as he was pinned down, but despite his struggle over the smaller one between them, he couldn't get rid of the heavy metal-armoured Khimera.

[Senervel: 163, Marble: 105 -- Level up, Sandford: 73, Cody: 13]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:10 PM

Marble stopped and his ears stood on end as he heard commotion nearby. He looked over his shoulder and gasped as he saw Sandford, along with Senervel pinned under him. "What... what's going on!?" he shouted, running over to them.

Cody blinked, wondering the same thing as his father, quickly running after said Kuhna.

"All those years... I was right to suspect you!" Sandford hissed in utter frustration. "And now... I have gotten out of your own mouth the crime you did! I have reasons to kill you for her!"

Senervel kept on struggling, unfortunately to no avail. "What are you talking about?" he snapped in irritation. "You kill just as much as I do! Why would you kill another killer, and moreover, one that is of your kin and blood?" he asked, looking deep into Sandford's eyes for the answer...

[Senervel: 164, Marble: 106, Sandford: 74, Cody: 14]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:14 PM

"Sandford! Senervel!" Marble called, running over to them. "What's the meaning of this!?"

"Stand back, Kuhna!" Sandford snapped at the Berry feline. "This is between Senervel and I; this is family business, so get lost!"

Cody cowered behind his father, his ears flattened against the back of his head. "Father... what's going to happen?" he asked in fear.

"Don't worry, it's going to be fine..." Marble assured his son, hoping he would be right...

Senervel finally managed to get free. Kicking Sandford's belly, he managed to dislocate the Khimera and to get back onto his paws. "If you want to settle this... Settle it fair and square!" the Lucain howled, his claws unsheathing.

"As you wish!" the Khimera replied, unsheathing his own claws.

[Senervel: 165 -- Level Up, Marble: 107, Sandford: 75 -- Level up, Cody: 15 -- Level up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:20 PM

The Warrior lunged at the Khimera, forcefully inserting his claws into the feline's flesh, as well as his teeth.

The feline screeched, throwing the Lucain away with much power. Running towards the Lucain, Sandford shouted, "This is for Loraine!"

He felt his claws sink deep into Senervel's flesh, the canine yowling in pain as Sandford chomped on his neck, blood oozing out and dripping on the sand nearby, barely noticeable over the dark Lucain's fur. "How does it feel... how does it feel when you're about to die, Senervel? How does it FEEL!?" Sandford asked, tightening his grasp and throwing the Lucain away.

"Senervel!" Marble shouted in panic. What was going to happen if Senervel or Sandford were to die? They were to go in WAR! This wasn't the time for silly arguments over the past!

As for Cody, he simply squealed in utter fright, hiding behind his father, trying not to look at the scene.

[Senervel: 166, Marble: 108, Sandford: 76, Cody: 16]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:24 PM

Senervel was now having a hard time breathing correctly. This wound could have been even more fatal had Sandford wanted it. But why had he not killed him...? Such a bite, well-aimed, could have been his downfall in a single second. Why had Sandford not killed him?

The Khimera walked over to the Lucain, seemingly calmer. "Senervel... I loathe you. And I always will," he meowed, his teeth covered in his brother's blood. "But you have kids, and Sigurd is going to give birth sooner or later." He bent down, pinning the Lucain's head down to make sure he wouldn't avoid listening. "Even I have morals, to a certain extent, brother. I wouldn't do that same atrocious thing you've done to me." With that said, Sandford let go of Senervel, walking off to settle down nearby.

Marble and Cody quickly ran over to Senervel, the Berry Kuhna tending to the male's wound. "Senervel, hang on... Fortunately I always bring some medical materials with me," the Kuhna said, taking care of Senervel's wounds carefully, Cody watching carefully to learn some more, although being frightened still.

[Senervel: 167, Marble: 109, Sandford: 77, Cody: 17]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:29 PM

Senervel wasn't paying much attention to the world around him anymore. He was still trying to figure out what Sandford had said to him was supposed to mean. What atrocious thing had he done to him in the past? He didn't understand what the Khimera meant, and right now, to be honest, he couldn't feel like his mind was in the mood to think about it deeply...

Marble wrapped Senervel's neck in a bandage carefully, applying a soft pressure onto it. "Here we go... it should be fine in a few days, maybe. It shouldn't bother you during the war," he told the Lucain.

"Wow..." Cody was watching in awe. "You're so awesome, dad," he meowed to Marble, rubbing against his father, purring.

Meanwhile, Sandford was looking at the sand that was in front of him, in-between his forepaws. He looked at this sand, the one of which the color reminded him so much of his love... He raised his head, along with his paw. He would prove to Senervel he wasn't going to abandon the promise he had done long ago...

[Senervel: 168, Marble: 110 -- Level up, Sandford: 78, Cody: 18]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:35 PM

"Haha... it was nothing at all," Marble told his son, licking Cody's ear quickly and pushing him down teasingly. "You, too, will be able to do that if you learn how."

"I wanna learn everything you know, dad!" the Pearberry boy said, giggling as he was playfully thrown down on his back.

"Senervel!"

All three pets looked up as Sandford's voice echoed through the desert. Senervel had his eyes glancing up towards the Khimera, his ears pricked.

Sandford was walking over to the trio of pets slowly, a small grin showing onto his figure. Once he had reached the Lucain, he gently bent his head towards him. "I'll show... what I'm going to give to prove that I'm willing to die to repay my promise..." He then rose his paw and then...

Splurt!

Blood came flying at the three pets, most of it getting flickered at Senervel, the Lucain staring in horror at what the Khimera had just done...

[Senervel: 169, Marble: 111, Sandford: 79, Cody: 19]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/17/2007 6:48 PM

The Khimera howled in awful pain, wriggling slightly from the harm he had done to himself, the blood oozing from his serious injury. Sandford had slashed at his own eye, destroying one of them. He was now able to see with a single eye, the other one currently covered in a huge splash of scarlet liquid, but most likely scarred and dead forever.

He looked down at Senervel once he had gotten over the striking pain. "I swear by this wound, Senervel... that I will somehow obtain revenge for Loraine, no matter what I need to do!"

Senervel simply stared in shock at Sandford, not even minding the blood that had been splattered upon his face. He knew Sandford was... slightly unstable emotionally -- and mentally -- but to do such a thing that was so near mutilation...

Marble was staring in shock as well. He knew Sandford was a serial killer, and that he was worse than Senervel... but he had never imagined the killer to do such a thing that could be considered self-mutilation. What was with this 'Let's kill one another before the war' thing?

Cody was shaking terribly, clinging to his father in extreme fear. He didn't even want to think about what had just happened.

[Senervel: 170 -- Level up, Marble: 112, Sandford: 80 -- Level up, Cody: 20 -- Level up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext