With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

.:The Sands of Time:. (Private~Me and Zapdragon)

Postby Draconial » 06/11/2009 7:18 PM

Deep in the Wilt'no, there is sand. That may seem obvious to you, but this is no ordinary sand. A constant wind whips through it, revealing then hiding the treasures of the past. Only one living creature inhabits this strech of sand, but that is about to change.

Krikki

A lone Roosken dashed through the sand. He paused for a moment, and the wind revealed three sharp-tipped spears in front of him, then immediately hid them away, and Krikki resumed his trek. A ghostly figure appeared in his path, saurian in appearance. It roared, then vanished in a puff of blue smoke. Krikki turned around, and pointed his beak towards the blazing sun. An echoing shriek of 'Krikkiiiiiiiiiii!' filled the land.
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Re: .:The Sands of Time:. (Private~Me and Zapdragon)

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/11/2009 8:25 PM

Sagira

Not that far away, a smaller-than-usual Tomb Imuet was basking in the sun. Her ears perked at the sound of the call. "Krikkiiiiiiiiiii!" The voice's owner called.
The young animal flicked her tail in excitement. "Could it be? Another living creature besides me? In this wasteland?!" She hauled herself up and shook the sand from her thin, course fur, and wiped the remnants of sleep from her eyes. Thee ankt symbol on her tail glisened in the harsh rays of sun, the tiny, clean-cut emerald giving off an unnatural glow. "Better go check it out," the Tomb Imuet said. With the slightest shift of the creature's muscles, she was off in a flash; Heading for the direction of the sound.

(1)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Draconial » 06/11/2009 8:49 PM

The wind blew harder, and Krikki ran with it. In the distance, he could make out a canid figure running towards him. He jumped, unfolded his wings, and let the wind carry him to the newcomer. In the shifting sands below him, a wake of dust erupted behind him. The ghostly form of a spirit cheetah ran within it. Krikki soon came upon the Imuet, and the cheetah disappeared. He landed, and ran up to the dog. A strange chirp popped from his beak as he inspected the striped newcomer.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/11/2009 8:55 PM

As the creature came to meet her, the Tomb Imuet just barely caught a glimpse of an odg ghostly feline running just under the newcomer. Puzzled, she shoved the image to the back of her vast mind, feeling it might come in handy later. The female creature inspected her visitor, as it appeared that he too was inspecting her. What was this thing? The Tomb Imuet shrugged off the thought and introduced herself. "Hi! My name's Sagira. What's yours?"

(meh. Short post. XD;;)

(2)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Draconial » 06/11/2009 9:05 PM

"Krikkiiiiiii!" exploded from the bird's beak. A small squawk followed. He stepped back, and a statue of...... something draconic erupted from beneath them, then sank beneath the ever-shifting sand. The wind blew another short gust, and Krikki had to extend his wings to keep his balance. He then sprinted off towards the center of these strange sands. A cackling squawk exploded from his mouth, as if he was teasing Sagria to chase him.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/11/2009 11:59 PM

Sagira stepped back in shock when the Roosken practically exploded with sound, and even more so as the statue erupted and sank. The Roosken, looking as if he didn't even notice, seemed to be inviting her to play. "Oh, goody!" Sagira exclaimed. "A game of Tag would be awesome!" She quickly unhooked the heavy ankt amulet from her tail and dropped it in a bag hanging around her waist. An annoyed click came from the bag. "Oh, sorry, Sakhmet!" Sagira exclaimed as a scarab beetle stuck its head out of the pack. The beetle clicked again, and sank back inside the sack. She turned back to the Roosken. "Can you talk? Nod yes or no."

(4)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 06/12/2009 6:58 AM

Krikki paused for a moment, shook his head, then took off running again. After a bit, the sand sunk away, and they were running on a cracked stone road. That soon disappeared, and Krikki felt a presence. He stopped, and turned to face the Imuet. A greyish phantom appeared between them. It had very long arms, a large head with no eyes, and walked in its knuckles. It bared its sharp teeth, and jumped at Sagria, but disappeared a moment before impact. Krikki took a few steps toward her to see if she was alright.

(Just in case you know, it was the Future Predator from Primeval)
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/14/2009 8:56 PM

Sagira's eyes widened as the strange creature appeared leapt at her. She ducked down and covered her eyes, only to sense that the threat had gone. She peered out from behind her paws to see Krikki coming to se if she was alright. Sensing this, she said, "I'm alright, Krikki. But, what WAS that thing?" Sagira inquired. "And whats with all these weird visions? I've been to the desert a lot, but I've NEVER seen anything like this!" Sagira pulled herself up and shook off the sand. "Any idea's on what's happening?"
(5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 06/14/2009 9:07 PM

Krikki started scratching out words in the sand.

The creatures are not visions, they are as real as you and me. The difference is that they are spirits. They come from the past, and from the future. You have been lucky to be unharmed. These things are common in the Sands, but you must be careful, or you will become one of them.

Krikki finished his hurried writing, and looked up at Sagira. For a bird who apparently could not speak, he had amazing vocabulary. Where had he come from anyway? Apart from Sagira, it seemed he was the only living creature there. And if there was nothing else, then how did he survive? This was a very mysterious bird.....
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/24/2009 12:07 AM

(Sorry for the late reply~)

Sagira stared in wonder as the Roosken scratched words into the sand. When he finished, and she finished reading it, she asked, "They're real?" She shook her head. It was all so very confusing. "Yeah, I guess I am pretty lucky," she laughed, looking at the bag on her hip. The scarab beetle was looking out of it again. "I'd better introduce my little traveling buddy to you. This," she said, motioning toward the scarab, "Is Sakhmet, my scarab." The small beetle clicked a hello, and scurried back into the sack. "He's a little shy," Sagira said, causing Sakhmet to click a protest. Ignoring it, Sagira turned back to Krikki. "Do you know of any shealter nearby? Like an oasis?"

(6)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 06/24/2009 6:52 AM

Krikki squawked, then started running away from Saigra. About 100  meters away, he started scratching at the sand. The wind came, and it seemed to help him with his digging, for something composed of stone was revealed.
It had a small, arched entrance, just big enough for Saigra to sqeeeze through. The top was smooth, and had the figure of a feathered serpent etched into it, close to the entrance. there were strange runes around it, and they faintly glowed green. Krikki made a strange noise, something between a hiss and a shriek, and green mist lifted from the runes, and enveloped the place for a few moments before dissolving. Krikki motioned for Saigra to come, then walked into the strange stone place.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate