Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: What Is A Family... [M:L]

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/22/2015 10:10 AM

Oz furrowed his forehead slightly. Of course he was somewhat intrigued regarding why these two
could not seek shelter at the respectve ficilities, but then again, Baggy was right. It was none of his business, so why bother?

He was about to respond to Kahn, when the boy suffered a pretty ugly coughing fit. "oh crap, kid..."
his heart sank, and he stood there frozen for a second, unsure on how to handle this situation. He usually was quick to act, but this situation overwhelemd him, especailly since he hab absolutely zero medical experience.
He knelt down beside them, making eye contact with the girl.

"again? how long has this been going on?" he asked, and added, uncertanty in his voice "look, I know you might think you cant go there, but he has to see a doctor. lets...get him inside so he can lie down properly, and let me call an ambulance" He was...not entirely sure what he was doing here. again, normally he just tried to push things asside that where not his concern, but he was not heartless either. He wanted to at least try to help them, everything else he could overthink later. "I know it is very hard for you to trust me, but I think we have to make a quick descision here..."
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/06/2016 2:05 AM

Baggy was about to protest again when Khan grabbed her arm. He was on the verge of fainting and he shook his head once before he had to turn away. She sighed, tears brimming in her eyes. "Fine." She almost sobbed, taking a deep steadying breath. "But don't say I didn't warn you." She hissed at Oz, stepping back so he could pick Khan up.

When they were inside the pizza shop, she sat next to Khan while Oz called the ambulance. It wasn't long before the two teens were in the back of the ambulance, Khan heavily sedated and an oxygen tube in his nose. Baggy was being examined as well, the EMTs asking her questions about where they lived, where their parents were, etc and etc. She told them as little as possible, giving vague answers or shrugging.

When they arrived at the hospital, the doctors tried to separate Khan and Baggy, but she threw such a fit they kept them together to keep her quiet. Comforted in that she wouldn't wake up without Khan, Baggy soon fell asleep.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/06/2016 2:46 PM

(sorry for the long wait and short comment)

Oz tried to ignore how light the boy was when he carried him in, and Baggys tearfilled eyes staring at him.
He was not sucessfull however, and not even sure how he was keeping so calm when he called the ambulance, while keeping an eye on the teens. The creeping question on how they ended up on the street, and why they risked to let Kahn get this bad before taking action shredded away at his brain. That and the question what would happen next. The boy really did not look good. at all.

The first examination was fast, and he soon found himself with one of the paramedics asking him a bunch of questions, such as who he was, who they where, if he knew them, who their parents where, why they did not call earlier, since when he knew them and so on and so forth. to 90% he answered either 'I dont know' 'no''nope' and 'no idea'. Still, with him being the one who called the ambulance and the oldest of the group, he was requered to come with them and file some paperwork, unless they found out who their parents where first. He was brought to the hospital in a seperate car, and sat in an near empty waiting room, with the respectible papers for him to fill out and no idea how the two of them where doing. After flagging down the third clueless and stressed nurse, he finally returned his attention back to the task at hand. Klicking the pen
and staring blankly at the many fields waiting to be filled out, half of them he had no way of answering, he took a deep, sigh before rubbing his face. "and this is what you get for helping random people" he growled lowly to himself. He really hoped that those two kids would be okay though...

His phone vibrated angrily after he was half way done with the papers. The display read: 'Oz, whats taking you so long? you okay? T. ' He turned his attetntion to the small device 'sorry, got caught up, should not take too long now. will explain later.' and with that, he returned his attetion to the dreaded paper, and the worry he felt for the wellbeing of two kids who where basically perfect strangers  to him. he had no idea why he was even giving a damn.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 02/16/2016 9:19 PM

When she woke, she felt someone holding hand, their fingers stroking her skin possessively. A feeling of icy dread cascaded through her body and the fine hairs on her arms stood on end. With a gasp, both of fear and pain, she shot to an upright position and jerked away from the man beside her. She quickly got her weight off her arm with the IV in it, her face twisted into a look of disgusted rage. "DON'T! Don't touch me!" She spat, pushing the "Call Nurse" button on her bed.

She looked around for Khan, but saw that he had been removed from the room while she slept. The ice in her veins froze and she stared at where his bed had been. "WHERE'S KHAN?!" She screamed, trying to get up from the bed. Her father's hand pressed her back into the bed. "He's in his own room. His parents-" "LET GO OF ME!" She screamed, panic in her voice as she pulled at the tape keeping the tubes in her arm. "THEY'LL KILL HIM!" She was up now, ignoring the cold air around her naked legs, grateful she'd been given a gown with a back, and that she wore boy shorts underwear. Her father was too surprised to say anything, though she assumed he was probably admiring the view. She had developed quite a bit since the last time he'd forced himself on her.

She stopped those thoughts where they were, using her fear and anger to pull the IV needle out of her arm. Ignoring the blood that instantly welled from the wound and the screaming alarms, she made a dash out of the room and into the hall where she stopped. She had no idea where Khan's room was or if he was even still in the hospital. "Where is he?!" She screamed at the approaching nurses and security guards, backing away from them. "Where's Khan? You don't understand, his dad will kill him!" She was yelling, unsure of what else to do and unconcerned with what her own father wanted to do to her. She could take care of herself, but Khan.... he was so sick... "PLEASE YOU HAVE TO HELP HIM!"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/19/2016 1:59 AM

He almost jumped out of his seat when Baggies screams tore through the relative silence of the Station.
Of course, a hospital was a place where one had to expect a certain amout of screaming he supposed, but her cries sounded so panicked that he felt a lump in his stomach form just hearing them. A Nurse rushed past him
towards the noise, Ignoring his questions completely. Well, to be fair, it seemed like it was some sort of emergency. Still, he found himself following her. He was allowed in the hallways, after all...

The nurse approached the young girl, hands held in front of her in a pose that was supposed to be soothing and non threatening. "easy, honey" she cooed at Baggy, triyng to calm her down. "please go back to your room. Your friend is sick, but we are taking good care of him, I promise you that...." and other sweet nothings while they where inching closer to the cornered girl. A man emerged from her room, which he guessed could have been her father. Looking at her panicked eyes, he made a split descision. making himself heard with the head nurse and not being thrown out was almost impossible, but...

hearing footsteps behind him, he quickly turned around and even grabbed the arm of the young nurse who was hurrying towards the comotion. "ah...sorry miss. miss? hey." He gave his best innocent smile he could muster. "ah, sorry to bother you, but I called the ambulance for the two kids. is there...any way she could maybe see her friend? I think that would help imensely, rather then...sedating her or something." he threw an other quick glance over his shoulder "or maybe i could visit him, and talking to her afterwards to confirm that he is fine. she might listen?" he hoped that Baggy could hear him. Throwing an other glance toward her, he thought /I am trying to help, so please just shut up and calm down, maybe we an work something out here.../ he also thought /what in the hell am I doing?/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 02/26/2016 7:17 PM

When Oz appeared and grabbed one of the nurses, she listened to him, trying to figure out what he was going to do now. Hadn't he done enough? She thought to herself, regretting her choice of letting him call the ambulance. While she listened, her father came up behind her and caught her under the arms. She screamed and kicked out, but when she couldn't get loose, the rest of the nurses jumped forward. One of them had a syringe ready and jammed it into her leg, injecting the liquid into her veins. Baggy gave another scream before she passed out.

Down the hall, Khan woke up at the first sounds of his friend's screams. At first, he'd thought it was a nightmare and tried to go back to sleep. But then she screamed again and he sat up. He was dizzy from the medications in his system, strapped down to his bed by tubes and wires, and the steady beeping of monitors told him he was in the hospital. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the empty room he was in. He could have sworn he had been in a room with Baggy, but apparently they'd moved him. It took him several minutes to get up and get his IV rack where he could walk away from the bed, but he made it out into the hall just as they stuck Baggy with the needle. He thought their eyes met before she passed out, and before he could cry out to her, the man who had her in his arms carried her back to her room. He started walking down the hallway when he saw Oz. Before he could say anything, an angry yell sounded behind him and he turned to see his own parents glowering at him. He blanched and turned back to Oz, his fear plain on his face as he tried to run toward the man who'd brought them here. Before he was halfway to Oz, his father had caught up with him and punched him in the back of the head. He was out cold before he hit the floor, his IV rack clattering to the ground beside him.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/27/2016 4:29 AM

Oz whirled around at the commotion, cringing when they injected her. "Okay, great. nevermind then" he growled, making the nurse next to him look slightly guilty. Was that guy who carried her back her father though? and what did he do that for? she seemed to have slightly calmed down, why startle her like that?

before he could think further about it, he heard fast footsteps and the rolls of an IV stand coming towards them. Looking around, he saw Khan running down the floor, looking pale and stricken with fear. His eyes wandered up, and widened in shock when he saw a man pursuing him, clearly seeing red. Before he could process the situation further, two things happened. He almost instinctively moved foreward, and the man struck the boy, knocking him out. For a split second Oz though he haluzcinated, it was that...ghastly and unreal to him. But the expression on Khans father's face was enough to convince him otherwise.

Before he knew what exactly he was doing, He rushed at the man with an angry "what the hell?!" and pushed him back, away from his son.
Now, Oz was not someone who looked for physical confrontation, and as a result for that, he had...no chance in an actual fight. That occured to him a little too late. But he was determent to help the boy now. He was almost certain that this was his father, given that Baggy had screamed that he would hurt/kill Kaahn, and he was more then willing to believe that.
Stepping back, he heard further angry yells and footsteps from the hospital staff, rushing to the boys aid and to restrict the parents...

(hope this is okay? maybe they could put Khan back into Baggys room for convenience. do you have a plan how to deal with her father)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/16/2016 12:42 AM

Bagheera was out cold from the medications and was thus unaware of what was going on. Her father was helping put her back into her bed, his hands lingering a little too long on her blossoming physique. A nurse feigned tripping to knock his hand away and ordered him out. Her father concealed his displeasure and stepped out in the hallway to see a man being dragged away by two large male doctors. Nurses were helping a young boy up off the floor and taking him back to his room. He supposed that was the boy his daughter had arrived with and he had half a mind to go throttle the little bastard, though he had no proof that he had sampled his daughter's pleasures. He saw the man who had supposedly brought them in, but didn't want to talk to him either. Surely his daughter wasn't a whore to share her body with anyone but him. So thinking, he turned and went to find something to eat.

Inside her room, the nurse who had knocked his hand away told her colleagues what had happened. Their decision was immediate and they set a schedule for someone to always be in the room with her until she woke up and they could talk to her.

Khan was regaining consciousness as some nurses were helping him off the floor. He reached out, not sure what he would end up grabbing and looked up to see who he had grabbed. "Sorry." He said, starting to turn away. "Wait.. aren't you the one that Baggy was talking to? Next to the dumpster?" He looked up at Oz, sure this was the same guy.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/22/2016 1:51 AM

All though he was closer to Kahn and the nurses, Oz git briefly distracted by Baggys father first carryibg her into her room, and leaving soon thereafter. If Baggys father was any way like Kahns, and that was the reason she ran away from home, He would be cause for big concern.

His thoughts where interrupted when he was grabbed. He looked at Kahn, a small unsure smile appearing on his face "No worrys, are you okay?" he scolded himself for that stupid question, but answered "Ah, yeah thats me, I...made sure you guys would get here" His wording made clear that it was more of an appology then a simple statement. He hoped dearly that Kahn was catching that, and that he would, in a way, accept the apology. Looking at the nurses and thinking quick, he added "In fact, I'm the brother of a friend of hers, we lost touch way back. I was surprised to see her" He hoped Kahn would catch on. Turning towards the nurse, he asked "sorry, but do you think its okay if I talk to him a bit in his room? When she wakes up, I could maybe talk to her an calm her down if I tell her he's okay? " He gave his best charming smile "I think she might want to see a familliar face after all what happened." Obviously, he just wanted to piece together what the story with Baggy and Kahn was, and...well, he still wanted to help. very unusual for him really. And he knew he was taking big risks here, especially since he did not even know their names. Or...well he knew Kahn's but who could tell if that was his real name...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/20/2016 6:54 PM

Khan shrugged at the question, "I've been worse." he said simply, not wanting to talk about the abuse that had caused him to run away from home. Of course, it didn't help that Oz was responsible for bringing them here, thus allowing their parents to find them. He reminded himself that Oz didn't know. He'd just seen two homeless kids, one of them sick, and had tried to help. It was the only reason Khan didn't try to fight him.

Instead of corroborating Oz's story, Khan said nothing, letting him and the nurses work it out. She seemed to buy his story and nodded, taking a seat at the nurse's station across from Khan's room. When the two of them were alone in his room, Khan sat back down on his bed, waiting to see what Oz wanted next.

((OMG I'm so sorry this took so long! D:> Plsforgivememymusehasbeendistractedbyprettydragons))
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/28/2016 5:30 PM

(and finally I'm back too!
sorry, might be a little choppy, but I will get back into the swing of things)

With the door closing behind them, Oz let out a deep sigh. Looking at the boy sitting on the bed in front of him he shook his head slightly. "Shit. I kind of messed up bringing you here, didnt I?" he said, not really expecting an answer. "I had no idea. I..." He almost felt like pacing, but a small idea formed in the back of his mind. "Look. Baggy is knocked out, but her father is gone somewhere, and your parents have been thrown out." He chewed on his lip.  

He pulled out his phone, looking at Kahn "I know you have no reason to trust me, but I might have an idea how to get you guys out of this mess". he stopped briefly before stating "I just need your 'go'. I will have someone pick us up and make sure to alter your papers, and after that...we will see"
he knwe this was quite vague, but they where a bit pressed for time if they where to follow the plan he had cooked up

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/11/2017 3:12 PM

(That's fine! :D Also, I'm changing the names of my characters since I want to get kuhnas based on my real cats Bagheera and Shere Khan. The silhouette kuhna is now Ava and the wynd is now Jackson aka Jax. Sorry for the sudden change! D: You don't have to edit your previous posts, I'm not editing mine.)

Jax continued to watch Oz, though he relaxed at the guy's words. "I think I would have died if you didn't." He crossed his arms and sat on the bed, looking at the floor. It wasn't like they'd told Oz and he just hadn't believed them. After all, how do you tell a stranger that wants to help you that you ran away from abusive parents? Most people would just think they'd made it up. But then again, most people would have left them at the hospital and went about their lives believing they'd done a good deed, forever ignorant of the harm they'd done.

Whatever Oz's fault in all this, he had only wanted to help and Khan just couldn't hold it against the guy. "If you can get us away from our parents, I'm down and I'm sure Ava will be too. One question though. I'm on antibiotics for what's wrong with me and I know you're supposed to take those for more than a day. Have any plans on how to steal some or do you have access to that sort of thing?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/16/2018 6:09 AM

(a little short and eh, but at least I finally posted. sorry if I seem a little rusty, it's been a while ;))

He was a little surprised how relieved he was that Jax seemed to accept his proposal, and actually kind of sort of agreed for him to 'bail them out'. At his question, he thought for a moment, then answered with a slight smirk. "stealing them from here might be a little bit too suspicious with you leaving, but we do have contacts and ways to get to those antibiotics" He knew Jax had to take him on face value with it, and was aware that this was a big thing to just trust someone with. In an attempt to ease his nerves, he added "Faking prescriptions is honestly not as hard as one would think it is. That, and we had a situation before where a friend of mine was able to help out with harder to get medicaments."

"just one moment"
He looked at his phone again, grimacing slightly at the though that he would probably have to do some hacking from this thing. It was not impossible, but extremely clunky and not as safe as he would want it to be. It was, however, still more feasable then sneaking up to one of the computers in the hospital. He was quite sure that they would not be left unguarded easily.
he proceeded in shooting Vertigo a text and telling her to pick them up, bring some blankets or something for Jax, and tell Tripp to tidy up the apartment a little. Everyone in their group was pretty used to cryptic messanges by now.

He looked up at Jax, slight furrows on his forehead, as he laid his plans out in his head. "okay. If you feel up to it and when the hallway is clear, could you go ahead and check on Ava if she is awake and ready to go? I'll be in the hallway, getting your...files ready and keeping an eye out for nurses or your parents. when I'm ready I'll come in and pick you up. we should be able to just 'check out' after I'm done." he felt the need to add a re assuring "I...we have done these type of things a few times before."

(hope this is okay!)
and

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/21/2018 2:40 PM

He watched Oz as he explained obtaining the antibiotics wouldn't be impossible, searching for any signs of deceit. Unable to sense anything off (though he wasn't as good at that as Ava) he nodded, "Okay." His eyes shifted between Oz's grimace and the phone, wondering if the other guy could hack from the smaller less powerful device or would need an actual desktop. Not that one was around, he knew hospital computers were locked to prevent passerby from seeing patient charts or accessing hospital information. Even if the place had public computers, they were limited on what they could do and even the websites they would load.

When Oz told him what he needed to do, Jax stood and grabbed his clothes. "Right-" He paused and glanced back at Oz again and gave a half-way uncertain nod. "Well, then I guess we're in good hands. Either way, you know what we ran away from now so if we fail, it's right back to these abusive bastards for us. Just... don't promise more than you can do."

He left his room, clothes tucked under his arm, and slipped into Ava's room after making certain she was alone. "Ava?"

She sat upright in surprise, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Seeing Jax, she threw the covers aside and leaped out of bed, unmindful of the gown not hiding her underwear (they'd seen enough of each other in their time as runaways that it didn't mean anything to either of them anymore) and threw her arms around his neck. "Jax! Are you okay?" She asked, stepping back hurriedly and gently touching his cheek, shoulders, and looking at him as best she could through the gown to make certain he wasn't severely injured.

"I'm fine, but we need to get dressed. Oz is breaking us out." He replied quietly but firmly, showing her his clothes. He wanted to ask if she was okay, but right now it was time to move. He would hug her and ask her if she wanted to talk about it later when they could relax. When they were safe again. She gazed at him with large shining eyes, as if she couldn't believe the turn in their situations. "Okay." She said, eyes hardening as she realized it was time for action. She could cry it all out later. She grabbed her clothes and ducked into the bathroom, leaving him to change behind the curtain in the corner.

Once they were both dressed, they sat in the adjacent corner of the room where passerby wouldn't see them. Ava had left the bathroom light on and closed the door with the water running so when anyone entered (if they came in after they were gone) would assume she was using the toilet. She hoped it would buy them some time. Now they just had to wait for Oz to come for them.

(( I am SO SORRY this took me almost a whole year. D: ))
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous