Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Tricks of the Trade [Self] [M][L]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 11:56 AM

She nodded her understanding, and he squeezed her shouder gently in reassurance before making his way, barefoot, to the door; quick as a flash he had opened it and darted out, and Yvaine slammed it shut behind him, heart hammering in her chest as she slid the bolt home and leaned against the door for support.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2586
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:00 PM

Orion rounded the caravan bare-footed and charged into the male that had followed Yvaine the other night, with a screwdriver in his hand; together, they fell to the floor together, and Orion pinned the older male who was desperately trying to squirm out of his hold, before removing the screwdriver from his grasp.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:01 PM

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he snarled, temper well and truly lost. It was bad enough that someone had tried to break in, but for it to be this man in particular meant that he had been right - Yvaine was being targeted - and that rubbed him entirely the wrong way.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:03 PM

The male on the ground snarled at him without words, but Orion was bigger, and angrier, and the male gave a yelp as he put pressure on the wrist he was holding pinned to the ground.

"Answer me, what the hell did you think you were doing?" His shouts were echoing around the campground, and already a group was forming around them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:04 PM

"What's all this, then?" The ringmaster had pushed himself to the front of the group surrounding the two males on the floor, and Orion dared the other male to try and escape while he spoke.

"We heard someone scrabbling at the window, and I came out to investigate - and found him tampering with my shutters."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:05 PM

Orion paused for breath, and the other male gave a yelp as he increased the pressure on the wrist he held.

"He tried to follow Yvaine back to her caravan the other night, before she moved in with me - I'm pretty sure he's targeting her. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that broke into her caravan."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:07 PM

A mumur went around the group, and the ringmaster scowled down at the male, who spat in Orion's face.

"She would have been lucky to have my attention, cheap wh-" He was cut off as Orion headbutted him, ignoring the gasp that arose from the crowd of onlookers and the shout from the ringmaster.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:09 PM

"No-one will ever call her anything like that again, understand me? Not now, not ever. No more." Orion stood up, and left the male on the ground, groaning and holding his head and wrist. He looked the ringmaster in the eye, and the ringmaster nodded his approval, signalling that he wasn't the one in trouble, despite his outburst.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:13 PM

"Why don't you go back inside, Orion? She must be very upset" came the wise words from the Ringmaster, and Orion nodded.

"I will, but what is going to be done to him?" he asked, venom in his voice whenever he addressed the male on the ground. The Ringmaster sighed, and then scowled.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:15 PM

"We'll deal with him, and then we'll hand what's left over to the local police" he said, looking at Orion with a cruel glint in his eye. Orion nodded and thanked him, and then left, pushing through the circle of onlookers who began to chatter excitedly about what had occurred so early in the morning.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:16 PM

At the door, he paused to look back, and saw the two strongmen dragging the male - who was now openly cursing - along to the Ringmaster's caravan, who was holding the door open with a look of pure disgust on his face. He waited until they were inside and had shut the door, before knocking and calling out "It's me!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:18 PM

Yvaine sighed, relieved, and opened the door; she didn't think, all she wanted was comfort, and so she rushed forward and into his arms and began to sob, wrapping her arms around his back. Orion wrapped his strong arms around her at once, and held her close, feeling her tremble and shake as he soothed her on the doorstep.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:20 PM

Slowly, gently, he guided her back into the caravan and closed the door, and began to rub her back with one hand as he slid the bolt home. He wasn't worried about missing work, considering the Ringmaster himself had been the one to tell him to go back to the caravan, and concentrated only on calming Yvaine down as best he could.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:22 PM

"I'm sorry" Yvaine hiccuped, once she got herself under some kind of control.

Orion was puzzled; "What on earth could you have done that you have to be sorry for?" he asked, mystified.

"You've been so kind, and so wonderful, and you've looked after me and helped me, and now people are trying to break in to your caravan and it's all my fault!" she sobbed.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:24 PM

Orion pulled her back into his chest and held her close. "First," he said gently, "It's not my caravan any more - it's our caravan, and second, you haven't done anything wrong. This is an idiot who decided he wanted to cause trouble, and that's on him, not on you - you just happened to be the unlucky person he targeted."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext